Dryad build without Ancient Bark?

Narjnaar

Hi, I am here to discuss about the possibility to create a dryad build without the nature weaver buff Ancien Bark.

Why? Because I dont like the skin that cover the character :sick: and I like to think outside the box. All build I have read always use it and I starting to think that is impossible to play a Dryad that is viable (not optimal I know) in higher difficulty mode without it. :dntknw: 

My character are always single aspect so, I dont use concentration often. I want to mess around with two general skill to discover and use them for fun.

I am thinking about the heavy use of the skill Combat Reflexes and the item/skill mod %evade to avoid the maximum of hit. The skill Alchemy become usefull here because one thophy give %evade bonus. When the character take one hit, the skill Armore LoreConstitutionShield Lore (magic build) and the défensive bonus of the skill Speed Lore (range or close combat build) work together to keep alive the Dryad. The skill Spell Resistance do the job with magic damage. I dont know if the potion effect +% of the skill Alchemy or the roast joint trophy will do the job for the heal regeneration over time or in case of hard hit.

Tell me if you have tryed to build without Ancien Bark or what do you think about the alternative solution. :)

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Dryad build without Ancient Bark?
9 hours ago, Narjnaar said:

Hi, I am here to discuss about the possibility to create a dryad build without the nature weaver buff Ancien Bark.

Why? Because I dont like the skin that cover the character :sick: and I like to think outside the box. All build I have read always use it and I starting to think that is impossible to play a Dryad that is viable (not optimal I know) in higher difficulty mode without it. :dntknw: 

My character are always single aspect so, I dont use concentration often. I want to mess around with two general skill to discover and use them for fun.

I am thinking about the heavy use of the skill Combat Reflexes and the item/skill mod %evade to avoid the maximum of hit. The skill Alchemy become usefull here because one thophy give %evade bonus. When the character take one hit, the skill Armore LoreConstitutionShield Lore (magic build) and the défensive bonus of the skill Speed Lore (range or close combat build) work together to keep alive the Dryad. The skill Spell Resistance do the job with magic damage. I dont know if the potion effect +% of the skill Alchemy or the roast joint trophy will do the job for the heal regeneration over time or in case of hard hit.

Tell me if you have tryed to build without Ancien Bark or what do you think about the alternative solution. :)

Hello! Well then - why not, but if you are a caster it is highly recommended for you to choose ancient bark, but if you are single hunter aspect - why not? You discribed all very well. 

On 5/12/2021 at 8:52 PM, Narjnaar said:

I never liked the look of Bark myself... maybe its possible to mod it out? However...the SIGNIFICANT benefits it offers... holee molee all the protection... for at least low to mid levels it serves so well.. at higher levels when youre endgaming with the final bosses for legendaries... that huge fire weakness becomes scary...  ahhh, the art of balancing

@chattius has build extensively with alchemy and was very successful with mechanics..its a cool CA... can duplicate most of the effects of spells without them being spells...just by eating stuff... :lol:

:oooo:

gogo

Welcome

If it are just the optics:

you can remove the 'x' at 'buff display' in game options.

Totally without ancient bark: I wouldn't take concentration in this case and either take alchemy or shield lore.

• 1 month later...

Hey, Narjnaar, here's an  easy way to change the look of a buff (or any spell, really) without having to turn off the buff display from the options menu:

You can change the Bark animation to anything - I've changed it to the Inquisitor's Reversed Polarity animation on one character and to the Sinister Predator animation on another character. This way you can still see the cool-looking Sinister predator buff without having to suffer the ugly Bark animation. The process is quick and simple, just read through that thread. And remember to back-up your spells.txt file before tweaking it, of course. :)

Besides, you can just play without Bark too - it would have to be a ranged character and you'd have to play extra carefully. Picking up an extra defensive skill would be nice. But it is possible. But if this is your first time playing dryad/sacred, I'd recommend using Bark, it's just that good of a buff. :)

Have fun!

Edit: Oh, I guess I'm a bit late to the party... sorry, I hope it's still useful.

Edited by RetsReds
  • Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 12:36 PM, RetsReds said:

Hey, Narjnaar, here's an  easy way to change the look of a buff (or any spell, really) without having to turn off the buff display from the options menu:

You can change the Bark animation to anything - I've changed it to the Inquisitor's Reversed Polarity animation on one character and to the Sinister Predator animation on another character. This way you can still see the cool-looking Sinister predator buff without having to suffer the ugly Bark animation. The process is quick and simple, just read through that thread. And remember to back-up your spells.txt file before tweaking it, of course. :)

Besides, you can just play without Bark too - it would have to be a ranged character and you'd have to play extra carefully. Picking up an extra defensive skill would be nice. But it is possible. But if this is your first time playing dryad/sacred, I'd recommend using Bark, it's just that good of a buff. :)

Have fun!

Edit: Oh, I guess I'm a bit late to the party... sorry, I hope it's still useful.

Always awesome seeing you RetsReds!

Thanks for helping out with the info... all data travels to where its needed!

:)

gogo

• 3 months later...

Hello and sorry for my late response. 

I want to clarify that I don't just want to graphically hide the buff but, think of a build that doesn't use it altogether. I think the dryad can survive without it if it is properly constructed and played. The game has several mechanics that are worth trying to replace. We just have to think about it in order to find an alternative. :)

On 5/13/2021 at 5:58 AM, Andrasael said:

Hello! Well then - why not, but if you are a caster it is highly recommended for you to choose ancient bark, but if you are single hunter aspect - why not? You discribed all very well. 

On 6/22/2021 at 12:36 PM, RetsReds said:

Yes, a ranged dryad is one of my top choices.

On 5/14/2021 at 8:40 AM, chattius said:

Totally without ancient bark: I wouldn't take concentration in this case and either take alchemy or shield lore.

I totally agree with you. (If I understood correctly I use google translate and it is sometimes misleading) .A single buff does not justify the use of concentration. In addition, the alchemy skill adds a little roleplay side. . . If we pick up shrunken heads, why not use something else.:drool:

I'll try to do something when I get back on a dryad.

1 hour ago, Narjnaar said:

I totally agree with you. (If I understood correctly I use google translate and it is sometimes misleading) .A single buff does not justify the use of concentration. In addition, the alchemy skill adds a little roleplay side. . . If we pick up shrunken heads, why not use something else.:drool:

I'll try to do something when I get back on a dryad.

Alchemy has several uses: In higher diffs heling potion don't heal 100%, with alchemy they do.

Mentor potions for experience will last minutes.

Drinking the pink potions undeads will never stay up again

magic find, block magic, root, attack quicker, ... You have to find trophies for this but it can fill holes in a build.