Man, what a gem!

Shout out to the forum for getting me hooked before I even finished downloading the game!

Having such a blast playing a dual wield shadow (death warrior focus). 

Best part is I remember almost buying this game from gamestop multiple times on the PS3 but never did. Kind of glad I didn't since the community patch exists and now I get it at its best! Look forward to chatting with you guys and all the newcomers since it went on steam sale :P.

• Like! 1

Welcome to Dark Matters.

Yeah. Sacred 2 is easy to get addicted too... 

Hope you have as many great years on here as I have had. :lujate:

8 hours ago, Shuloons19 said:

Shout out to the forum for getting me hooked before I even finished downloading the game!

Best part is I remember almost buying this game from gamestop multiple times on the PS3 but never did. Kind of glad I didn't since the community patch exists and now I get it at its best! Look forward to chatting with you guys and all the newcomers since it went on steam sale :P.

Ahhh haaa... steam sale... bless the good winds! and your great arrival here to the Sacred community!  The game has great value, mechanics and quests... LOADS of quests...plus us... its little community in the SacredVerse!

Happy to meet up Devon! with your first post here you've become an official "member" and can even load up your picture avatar.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:dance:

gogo

Glad to be here, thank you!

You aren't kidding about the mechanics. Been reading around on the wiki today, and thank goodness I did before I ruined my SW anymore... 😬 

I was over here thinking you can just eat all the runes you want... Ahhh!

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Shuloons19 said:

Glad to be here, thank you!

You aren't kidding about the mechanics. Been reading around on the wiki today, and thank goodness I did before I ruined my SW anymore... 😬 

I was over here thinking you can just eat all the runes you want... Ahhh!

Ahhh, rune eating!

A cool trick that would be used to REALLY keep regens low... is to only eat a single rune in the CA that you want to use as your main attack...and then use equipment to amp it up.  Equipment socketing runes or the CA itself or with modifiers amps up the power of the CA at a fraction of cost of eating the rune.

Happy to see you're already in the joys of rune planning!

:lol:

gogo

14 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Ahhh, rune eating!

A cool trick that would be used to REALLY keep regens low... is to only eat a single rune in the CA that you want to use as your main attack...and then use equipment to amp it up.  Equipment socketing runes or the CA itself or with modifiers amps up the power of the CA at a fraction of cost of eating the rune.

Happy to see you're already in the joys of rune planning!

:lol:

gogo

Oh! That's why they were talking about eating just one rune sometimes. Perfect, that makes more sense to me now. 

One question tho, while we're here. The actual speed of the animation time of the CA is affected by the amount of runes and any penalties, correct? So having a CA with just one rune you'll see the character execute the skill extremely fast and also have a low cool down?

Well luckily I found some sweet Regen per hit and have socketed my armor up, so I can cover up my booboos for now.

• Like! 1
On 5/15/2021 at 10:10 AM, Shuloons19 said:

Oh! That's why they were talking about eating just one rune sometimes. Perfect, that makes more sense to me now. 

One question tho, while we're here. The actual speed of the animation time of the CA is affected by the amount of runes and any penalties, correct? So having a CA with just one rune you'll see the character execute the skill extremely fast and also have a low cool down?

Well luckily I found some sweet Regen per hit and have socketed my armor up, so I can cover up my booboos for now.

Left Click is  CA regen... this modified by runes you read and what you socket

right click is the Attack Speed...this is inherent speed built into Ca's and weapon executions... its the reason why blow pipes are so natively fast...and cross bows are natively faster

:D

gogo

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2021 at 4:29 PM, dark471 said:

Isn't this a great game?    I love it and this community! Welcome and hope you have a good time here.. I always do;

Games come and go, come and go... but people and great work stay a looooooooooooong time...

To heart

:drunkards:

gogo

On 5/13/2021 at 8:45 PM, Shuloons19 said:

I just lurrve the title of this topic...  sometimes we get these stones thrown into the pond and you get beautiful resonance and reflections of all the passion and history this game has and carries, thanks Paul for the this small pebble again years later

:gogo:

gogo