Almost 48 hours on the road

Well as some of you know I went to Texas this week to see my little brother and to buy a truck from him. Well it was quite an interesting and FRUSTRATING TRIP. I took off on the Greyhound bus lines on Wensday morning thinking yeah this will be a fast 18 hour trip. I can sleep the whole way there and have enuf rest to beable to drive back home after spending a couple hours with my brother and his family. All was going good right up to my 1st transfer in Ammarillo Texas. The bus was on time heck it even got us there early. And then FATE kicked in and said NOPE you may not pass go. HEre is where things went bad. We were suposed to leave Ammarillo at 6:40 pm. 3 long hours Later did we finally get on the bus to Dallas. Only to miss my 2nd and last connection that would have taken me straight to Killeen Texas where my brother lives. And would you beleive it I missed my connection by 5 Mins they wouldn't even wait. I have a few choice words for them but they would be VERY inappropriate for on here LOL. Well so I had to wait fro the next bus that left at 6:30 am and it made 1 extra transfer so I had to get reissued a ticket big deal they did that for free.

Anyways I got to Killeen ok and I did manage to get some rest. But mam it went from a restfull trip to a GRRRRRR trip fast. Well after My little brother picked me up from the bus station everything got better from there. I got to spend some good time with him and his wife. And I got to see my neice's.

My sister-in-law and I were talking and she asked how long its been since my brother and I had seen each other. And its been almost 12 yrs since I had seen him last. I forgot how much I enjoyed my brothers company. And it goes to prove to me no matter how long its been since he and I have seen each other a bond between brothers is never broken. We just picked up from where we left off even old conversations we never had a chance to finish.

I am really proud of him. He has a really awesome wife and 3 beautiful little girls. He is a good man to his family and a Fine Soldier. I am going to miss him when he goes to Germany with the army. Anyways I have rambled on enough and I just thought I would share some of my trip with you guys and to let you know I am back home and Recovering from a long trip almost 48 hours away from home but as I said it was worth it. I got a new truck and the best part is I got to see some of my family which I really needed to do cause I was getting home sick from not seeing anyone and not having the time to make it home for sometime. ( responsibilities to my family come 1st )

Ugh Evil. What a drag it was to get there. :lol: Nothing worse than a long bus travel that is made much longer. Sounds like it ended off very nicely though. Got to see some family and more importantly a brother who you haven't seen. 12 years is a loooong time. Very happy that you two were able to connect to that old brotherly bond. Very cool. :)

Welcome back and grats on the new truck! :lol:

Wow Evil, what a trip but awesome you reconnected with your brother and his family, thats the most important part : D Welcome back and Gratz on the truck you :lol:

:lol: for you all :)

Ty guys it was such a long trip that was well worth it. As much as I loved seeing my brother I missed Vampie and our kids more I was really glad to get home. We went to the county fair tonight and the kids had a blast riding in the new truck

A fantastic read. EM, you've got a handle on the writing. You again made me realize how important giving into feelings of being homesick is important. And following through with them through better or worse is important too! :D That busride was the ride from hell, huh? But you got touch base, and it sounds like you came back with memories and heart filled. And how was the food and eating? I know that most times when I go over to visit family they make barrels of yummy treats. My favorite meats, family dishes...ahh, the smells that tickle the nostrils when I walk in and the overpowering bear hugs.

lol, I got this warm fuzzy feeling inside and just want to call and see my family now too!

:lol:

gogo

It was nice to see my brother again after so long. But the food was something else a quick trip to a local diner, becuse they are all packed up for Germany they leave on Tuesday. But Nothing beats the fact I got to spend time with my brother and his family. It will be 3 yrs till I can see them again. I am going to miss my niece's most of all. They were a total joy to be around.

Guest FrostElfTwin
... It will be 3 yrs till I can see them again. I am going to miss my niece's most of all. They were a total joy to be around.

Um. Why wait so long? Internet: web cams. Families connect with webcams. Your kids can talk to their cousins over the webcams.

Webcams are cheap.

They're not just for naughty things! Web cams connect families too.

Yes that is true and we do have several webcams and have already put them into use. But webcams in my personal opinion are so impersonal. Nothing beats being able to spend time with family closely.