Complaint about a certain member

Good day. My name Stellar of the Solid Eagles alliance. I come to you not as a representative of my alliance but as a concerned player of Ogame. If wish to inform you guys that one of your player "colony", is playing a very noobish game.

The all started about a month ago when he probed my moon twice within an hour after seeing my fleet stationed there. Curious as to see if this was a potential threat, I checked his fleet score. After I had quit laughing (I.e. he seems to thinks a fleet score of 1000 can beat my fleet), I msged him and asked that he stop probing me on that moon as even if he saw my fleet there again, there would be nothing he could do to it. His verbal response: "You dont know my fleet composition" and he proceeded to probe me every 10 minutes for the next couple days, taking breaks at night, which I assume was to sleep.

Today he did 2 sets of hits on planets of mines. One was on a moon which had soime 130 or so recyclers on oit which had returned from collecting. It was profitable, I will give him that, it was my mistake for not launching them from my well defended planet instead of the moon.

My complaint however pertains to another set of hits he did. He hit a colony of mine that was not very well that well defended, although there was still a respectable defense present. He IPMed the planet and raided it when there was only somewhere around 500 k metal, 200-300 k crystal and 50-100 k deut on the planet. Had he done so in a reespectable fashion and the hit been more profitable, I would not hold a thing against him, it is part of the game, this is understand. However, on his 4 volley, he only made 40 k profit! this, in eyes, is an absurd amount to gain from a hit at our level of play.

Now dont ask how much he IPMed, because I do not know: he made 11 hits CR in total and my guess is that in doing so the IPM report was lost, I am acrtually looking into the causes of its loss right now.

So finally, to end this essay, I wished simply to inform you guys here in D.A.R.K. that one of your players is playing a game which sullies the great name of the D.A.R.K. alliance and if such a player was in my alliance, I would love to know it. My final tidbit to you is to courteously ask all other members of D.A.R.K. to stay out of this disagreement between 'colony' and I should he complain about the consequences that will be incurred from his actions.

Thank you,

Stellar

If wish to inform you guys that one of your player "colony", is playing a very noobish game.

I'm not in D.a.r.k., but I can give a little support to this certain member.

Although the second hit was not very profitable, it is a common tactic of experienced players in ogame. After "cracking the shell" of a turtle, you can hollow him out and enjoy the insides for many weeks to come. They become even better farms then you have without cracking turtles. I've farmed out planets with 31/27 mines, or more. Needless to say they produce a huge amount of res and are very tasty. I think the time he hit was the best possible option, as you may have lost even more units if he hollowed you out at a different time.

I readily admit to hollowing out such turtles to farm, and I don't think it is a bad idea at all.

I believe you took the first wrong step when you told him there was nothing he could do to you. Obviously, his probes have been fruitful, finding yummy resources from both planet and moon in your Empire. I do not believe that this sullies the great name of the D.A.R.K. alliance one bit. In fact, I think it is a honorable thing that this member is hollowing out turtles to farm. Not many people know of this more highly advanced tactic. Think about it, there was a reason for all of his actions. :bounce:

I will close on this note: Some people don't like turtles. As a turtle, you should always watch out for teh turtle crackers, regardless of profit. ^^

[Well, sorry to say blade, but the only reason I left res on that planet is that there was defense tyo protect it. And it wasnt exactly turtled up. It was 1 k RL, 500 LL and a couple of extras. just enough to make it not profitable unless youi sent a large enough fleet, but for the amount of res I usually leave there... its not even worth it. As for being turtled up as you say, I understand what you are saying,m but I was not the one who made the defense, it was the previous owner :bounce:. On the subhect of the IPMs, I found the reports burried beneath 35 probe reports. He sent in total 33 IPMs, and took home 650 k in res in total (including recycled sats), taking a loss of about 175 k in res in the attack (plus minimal sdeut costs).

As to being able to farm it, I have never been farmed and will ensure that it does not happen: wither by rebuilding defense with an overload of ABMs, or by turning production off at that planet. Not to mention, that the planet he attacked is one of my smallest...

No rules has been broken whatsoever. All the hits are profit driven, including the follow ups. Colony has not been reckless in any way.

So what's your complaint? Bashing? Flaming?

There's no rule against a lower ranking member farming a higher ranking member, so tell me what IS that you are complaining?

Its fair game to take down defenses before a strike, or for future farming purposes, or be that as it may purely for taking down defense for the heck of it (which is not even the case here).

Just the other day I lost 100+ plasma plus tons of lower defenses from a purely missile assault. That player and I are on good terms. He tried to see if I'm farmable, I took the lost and made it clear that was purely lost-lost. We talked, and he stopped.

This is a war game, and sometimes bad things happen. I don't see any objectionable action committed in this case I'm sorry.

No rules has been broken whatsoever.

Not entirely true. If what Stellar said is accurate, there could be a legitimate complaint of probe spamming, which I believe is against the rules.

Still, the overall farming is nothing that merits complaint.

Hmmm when I read this first time I thought "damm what should I say I have to write so many things" but blade alredy do that ..excelent post blade :)

Actualy what colony is doing to you stellar is what every player should do. If you want to go up fast and get extra res yu have to raid other players and thats what he is doing and he is doing that to someone that have a better fleet and rank so that actualy makes me proud.

. My final tidbit to you is to courteously ask all other members of D.A.R.K. to stay out of this disagreement between 'colony' and I should he complain about the consequences that will be incurred from his actions.

Lol dont worry colony know how to defend by him self :dance:

Blade made some pretty good arguments which also summons up MY gaming style. I dont see any fault in colony's gameplay. However I am numerous times worse than "colony" when it comes to obliterating defenses for potential future farming. So be very happy you are not located near my planets. I also tend to destroy any fleet, big or small, whether for profit or just to remove any minor competition that could beat me to my farms (mostly the latter), whether its just regular cargo ships or more offensive ones. F.ex. I have a certain day during a week when I go berserk and destroy anything called fleet several systems up or down. Of course those who can bite back are those that are avoided :) So what I am trying to say is that there are plenty of ways to counteract colony's actions. This is what ogame is all about and is how you learn real tactics ingame.

Hi there Stellar, I just wanted to welcome you to DarkMatters.

These boards have remained open and active now for almost two years as a kind of neutral posting ground between all members of the entire Ogame community and have offered great resources to many, many people from a good number of the universes and clans that play.

I wanted to quickly address your comment regarding posting on this thread by only certain members of this site. As all threads in our public section are open to all members of the community for reading and commentary, the forum in which you've placed this thread allows it to be posted upon by all the community members who can read and/or have access to post upon it. The fact that they can read it and have permissions to post upon it gives them that right to make civil, diplomatic and polite commentary upon which the reputation and credibility of DarkMatters and it's D.a.r.k clans has been built upon.

Regarding a personal line of communication between two people using threads, on a forum like this it's simply impossible, and comments from others may appear here as others may fancy.

If you desire a more personal and private method of communication I would encourage you to take this topic to PMs after which I can close this thread.

Please pm me regarding a closure of this/your topic, if you wish.

Cheers and best wishes with your game.

:)

gogo