Maximizing Destroyer CA

ameaeth

Hi Friends!

I'm looking for the most effective combination of modifications for end game Dragon Mage focused on Destroyer CA.

Destroyer have the inherent ability Number Of Destroyers: 4 (slowly increases with CA level). In addition modifications allow for either of the following to maximize damage potential

1. Explosive - Swarm - Explosive (higher base damage, less destroyer)
  2. Explosive - Swarm - Swarm (lower base damage, more destroyer)

Does anyone know the CA level breakpoints that naturally increases the number of summoned destroyers?

Which of these two combinations has a higher damage potential endgame considering the total damage of all summoned destroyers? Would it change if we assume low/no enemy physical resistance/armor?

Cheers

Edited by ameaeth
37 minutes ago, ameaeth said:

Hi Friends!

I'm looking for the most effective combination of modifications for end game Dragon Mage focused on Destroyer CA.

Destroyer have the inherent ability Number Of Destroyers: 4 (slowly increases with CA level). In addition modifications allow for either of the following to maximize damage potential

1. Explosive - Swarm - Explosive (higher base damage, less destroyer)
  2. Explosive - Swarm - Swarm (lower base damage, more destroyer)

Does anyone know the CA level breakpoints that naturally increases the number of summoned destroyers?

Which of these two combinations has a higher damage potential endgame considering the total damage of all summoned destroyers? Would it change if we assume low/no enemy physical resistance/armor?

Cheers

Love the way it is combat art looks and sounds well very well executed however I was never very good at managing it’s mechanics LOL I know that I’ve read some guys by charges on the destroyer built maybe he has some advice

@chattius

😁

gogo

Not easy on this, depends on so many things. CM-patch or vanilla?

If you play with CM-patch the destroyers do fire damage. Which allows for a damage lore build. In a damage lore build I would opt for maximum damage, so bleeding and burning damage is higher.

The companion gives a fixed amount of intelligence based damage on each destroyer. So more destroyers is more from this intelligence damage summed up.

If there is armour to the destroyers damage types more damage is better

Badly you can't make all right but luckily not all wrong ;)

• Appreciation 1
On 8/4/2021 at 5:13 PM, chattius said:

Not easy on this, depends on so many things. CM-patch or vanilla?

If you play with CM-patch the destroyers do fire damage. Which allows for a damage lore build. In a damage lore build I would opt for maximum damage, so bleeding and burning damage is higher.

The companion gives a fixed amount of intelligence based damage on each destroyer. So more destroyers is more from this intelligence damage summed up.

If there is armour to the destroyers damage types more damage is better

Badly you can't make all right but luckily not all wrong ;)

I'm playing CM patch and you're right Chattius it says fire damge for CM patch. However, it does show as pure physical damage in game and so far I have not procced any burn either through destroyers.

I also went full damage for now, but in the end I guess it depends on how many destroyers you can get total through CA levels. If there are enough it could outperform the added damage through explosion mods.

In addition Mealstrom (modded) and Ancient Magic should be able to reduce physical armor and damage mitigation significantly combined. Are they additive?

Cheers