Presenting "ON" by Peter Ocampo

Schot

My final year project from my course at Bournemouth: robots dancing to pounding electronic music :D The whole thing took about eight months and the soundtrack is "Hooligan Spirit" by Hybrid. Hope you all like it!

Well I've been having some serious showreel withdrawals for a while now but at long last I had something to sink my senses into. Without a doubt the video presentation here is of excellent quality much to my pleasure. With an intricately industrial sound, object design so sleek and hints of Floyd's the wall and Matrix flavours this is one school project that surely went with great notice. That said I just had to bring it here and share. Originally streamed from Stage6, it is now coming to you from one of the few sources available on the net. A seemingly random blog called No fat clips!! You can watch the quicktime direct ->HERE

Enjoy!

(Double Click the box below to play, single click to pause.)

Seriously wicked, thanks for that Schot and when it's a bit more acceptable for me to play that real loudly I'll be back!...8 months I think that in itself is a great accomplishment!...for me it would take 80 :D

Too funny. You were the first person on the forum that I thought would enjoy it Claire. And glad you did! :) It was kind of late when I discovered it as well so couldn't play it very load. First thing I did when I woke though was load up this vid and blast it. Mwahaha! :D

:D That is seriously cool!! WOW! and I agree I had to toss the headphones and crank it!! :) actually found myself watching it several times in a row, its rather addictive!

Brilliant

You know, a lot of stuff like this ends up looking the same over and over again. And the first thing that usually pops into my mind is

"oh, another high school project"

This one was refreshingly different, and I love all the adage it pays to matrix and old school ideas. The lighting is fantastic and the speed at which it runs thrilling.

Great music and...the creator's got some serious talent...he's probably got peeps lining up to hire him for game design.

Nice find

:D

gogo

Fascinating. Very nice visuals. The music reminded me more of earlier Floyd, thiough -- Meddle rather than The Wall -- which I prefer anyway.

I know I'm not creative enough to make a video close to that. Fun!

Edited by gial
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Well I'm reviving this one. First post has been updated to provide a new source to this amazinf school project. Check out the first post to see what it's all about. Still my #1 fave 3D project!

The video originally streamed from Stage6 but since Stage6 died, *sniff*, I've found a new source. :)

• 1 year later...

There's all kinds of new peeps around these parts. If you haven't seen this 3D student project already, by all means scroll to the top and watch! It's my absolute fave student project. :)

Wow, that brings back memories. The 3d still looks very polished, even by today's standards.

I must say though, quicktime sucks real bad.