Dryad, enhanced edition, FAQ-build

On 9/15/2021 at 8:35 AM, chattius said:

Forests: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the young dryad Balanos. Her five month mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no girl has gone before!

The dryad was affected by several updates, positive bugs, following nerfs, mods, ... Some guides are really old and outdated. After a nerf some combat arts were never tried again. And then there are questions from new members. Answering the questions becomes harder the more the changes are away from the original which I played.

Questions like:

Can a dryad be played without armour lore? - okay no armour lore for the build

Can a caster dryad survive niobium? - okay full spell damage: 2 foci, 2 lores, ancient magic, damage lore, combat discipline

Is blacksmithing useful if I already have a smith character? - okay alchemy to unlock blacksmithing

Is the dryad is real weak against casters? -> okay, here goes the last skill to try whirlwind against spells

Which ranged weapon? Staff or blowpipe? -> We will test this a bit early on when spells are weak and a bit later when we use RegPerHit for recharging

Is disease still useful after the nerf -> not for mass killing, but... probably hit a boss with a single spell and just leave and wait if modded correctly

Before we start

We named her Balanos which is because we live in an oak forest and Balanos is the dryad related to oaks. We choose Forens to reflect attacks at boss fights. We stay away from hard core (grandchildren are too disturbing) and from expert mode. The later because I want combinations for healing and intelligence or for spell blocking ready when I need them.

The Stats

Stamina, we play a caster which needs quickly recharging intelligence buffs and even faster spells.

The first 5 levels

Nature Weaver Focus 3 (1 from airline quest) : we modify acute mind for more intelligence

Alchemy 5: to unlock blacksmith and use some trophies if we are lucky

Blacksmith 1:  one point wonder(?)-  blacksmith skill unlocks a third modifier with enhanced spells mod. 'Whet' from a blacksmith NPC will also reduce the chance that an enemy can evade, Anneal will have chance to evade as a third. So using a silver blacksmith NPC and socketing Whet or Anneal will give us a way better hit chance and chance to evade without having to find these items.

Using a two handed staff and totems we can play quite good when acute mind is up.

A return to old-school builds... Chattius style! Love the tongue in cheek of the FAQ questions and I believe you'll convert a lot of players to the Dryad's insane speedy hits and Attack speeds with her ranged prowess.

"to explore strange new worlds " ...  bravo with helping get the latest changes in order for the most advanced dryad... with all the updates, so much of the mechanics were changed, and I always loved the hit to regen socketed which hugely had effect on all my dryad builds.. I remember years ago you were one of the first to post about this "fixed" mechanic that the devs put into play and it was a game-changer for me

:)

gogo