What's the big deal about WII?

gogoblender

Clare, im'a get cracked if I try and play that... and I thought it was for sega lol but I was like, nawww it couldnt'a been. =P good deal, will dl it and attempt to get my bike up and ready. and zyther lol, 170 is like my entire weeks paycheck (I really have no idea why, I should be making much more than that, I put in 40 hrs and make more than minimum wage... I think my government is trying to theft me! =P) but for someone who plays drums... I like having more than 4 things to hit at once... at least the full version comes with a bass pedal too... I got kicked outta best buy the other day bc I went in there and just played and played lol got 99% on expert on paranoid by black sabbath =D hehe. great system though in my opinion, its got everything you need. quick question though, why would someone want a 120 gb hard drive for about 180USD when they can get a 20 gb for 100USD and the game saves for the 360 are like 300kb per save...? why would one need 119.5 gb of free space?!?!:)!

Both the xbox 360 live, the wii and the ps3 can download games to play locally if you connect them to a broadband connction. in the wii's case you can down load all the older nintendo games from what I've seen ( I dont have broadband yet) ... thats why you need the large harddrive...

Both the xbox 360 live, the wii and the ps3 can download games to play locally if you connect them to a broadband connction. in the wii's case you can down load all the older nintendo games from what I've seen ( I dont have broadband yet) ... thats why you need the large harddrive...

Do you have to pay extra for that? seemingly noobish question, yes, but Totals just a poor dude trying to game for fun... hehe

-Total

I think it varies from system to system and game to game. some is free and some is not free. Alas I lack a broadband connection so I havent been able to verify what the costs are. I think most of the fees are involved in accessing servers that run things like the on line shooting games. For those there is a fee for the time to access.

Clare, im'a get cracked if I try and play that... and I thought it was for sega lol but I was like, nawww it couldnt'a been. =P good deal, will dl it and attempt to get my bike up and ready. and zyther lol, 170 is like my entire weeks paycheck (I really have no idea why, I should be making much more than that, I put in 40 hrs and make more than minimum wage... I think my government is trying to theft me! =P) but for someone who plays drums... I like having more than 4 things to hit at once... at least the full version comes with a bass pedal too... I got kicked outta best buy the other day bc I went in there and just played and played lol got 99% on expert on paranoid by black sabbath =D hehe. great system though in my opinion, its got everything you need. quick question though, why would someone want a 120 gb hard drive for about 180USD when they can get a 20 gb for 100USD and the game saves for the 360 are like 300kb per save...? why would one need 119.5 gb of free space?!?!:)!

You can download HD movies, which take a bit of room, and yes, pay for them.

Plus I got the Elite because it was something like $50 more, but the 120g drive is worth like $200 on its own.

plus.. $100 for 20 gigs, $180 for 120 gigs.. which is worth your money? $5 per gig.. or $1.5 per gig?

the space is for games, downloads, patches, add ons, movies.. ect

I like Gamecube and Wii more than xbow and p3 because its Family fun!

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to games, my friend has all 3 new systems, and we always end up having more fun on Xbox360 multiplayer then Wii multiplayer.

(Although I'll probably change my mind when Brawl comes out)

What's Brawl? Is that a new fighter game coming out for the WII that you have to use the spatial joystick with?

oooh, all those real life punches?

owch...ooo..owch..

:D

gogo

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_by_wicked_gamer.jpg

theres like 3 different ways to play the game, Wii-mote/Nunchuck.. classic controller, and gamecube controller.. at least I think so.

Do the Super-smash series ever get old to anyone else here? just wondering... =P

And yeah Zyth, I want the elite but I'm buying my cousin's arcade just because of the price... $250 plus 3 games and 2 controllers... just no hard drive... so I figure for 520 I can get a 20GB HD and rockband plus all teh controllers and whatnot... Is it worth buying a new one to get the warranty stuff though? <-rather important question lol. has anyone experienced the very painful experience of a broken 360? I would rather not have something go wrong that I can't fix.

-Total

I know they're hard to get hold of in Canada and America, but they're ten a penny here. One of my friends just walked into a shop and picked one up just before Christmas, and my sister got hers off the internet pretty quick too. I got mine in the first shop I looked in a few months ago.

I got Mario And Sonic Olympics for Christmas. So much fun, but the 4x100m freestyle kills me!

Do the Super-smash series ever get old to anyone else here? just wondering... =P

And yeah Zyth, I want the elite but I'm buying my cousin's arcade just because of the price... $250 plus 3 games and 2 controllers... just no hard drive... so I figure for 520 I can get a 20GB HD and rockband plus all teh controllers and whatnot... Is it worth buying a new one to get the warranty stuff though? <-rather important question lol. has anyone experienced the very painful experience of a broken 360? I would rather not have something go wrong that I can't fix.

-Total

I got the 3 years warranty, but I had money to waste, I believe Microsoft automatically has a 1 year warranty, but I may take 3 weeks to get it all exchanged, I'm not 100% sure, I just spent $900 on getting a bunch of crap for it, 3 years warranty, and halo 3 collectors edition and fight night round 3, rechargeable pack plus recharger wire

then 2 weeks later I got a year subscription to live and another controller

Xbox360 seems to have more problems then any other systems when it comes to system failure

they are actuly realising manuals and I think there will come patches too when it comes to xbox360 to solve problems with system

many can do same mistatke twice but only microsoft can do same mistake over and over

• 1 month later...

If you have teenage sons or love Shooters then get a PS3 or XBOX

If you have a young girl then Wii is the way to go. I made the mistake of waiting til just before Xmas before getting one. I figured they had been out awhile and it wouldn't be hard to get one.

Boy was I wrong. So here I am at 3am outside a Toys 'R' Us in a snowstorm waiting in line to get a voucher just before Xmas.

But I have to say.....It's a blast lol. My daughter and I have spent hours playing Tennis, Baseball and amazingly Boxing. First morning after boxing the inner part of my elbow was killing ! We are now working on Mario Galaxy. Anytime it gets hard (I.e. Area Boss) I get to fight it and once vanquished I have to immediately give the control back to my daughter so she can collect the star and all the glory :thumbsup:

The WII is never coming to this home.

Just the idea of having to actually be physical while playing an electronic game defeats the whole purpose of having a comfortable lounge :)

stubbs