Looking for EE Inquisitor build advice

SirRojen

Hey yall,

First post ever, had to put it in the inquisitor forum because I have always loved this class! I remember playing this game right when it came out, then the expansion came out, and didn't seem to be available in my region, so I basically quit the game, but always held fond feelings for it. Earlier this month I saw the GOG Sacred 2 gold for under $4 and I thought, "hey, why not give it a try?"

The reason not to, became obvious immediately, this game is definitely gonna take over my life :D

I got the CM and EE and this game is better then it ever was!

Rolled an inquisitor and am currently around level 23.

I am wondering if I made any mistakes that should cause me to consider rerolling already. I plan to play this character for at least 100 hours, so rerolling 10 hours in, is definitely the right choice if my character is bad.

1. Astute Supremacy Lore

2. Astute Supremacy Focus

3. Combat Discipline

4. Amor Lore

5. Magic Staves

6. Riding

I have 4 slots left, and am currently trying to pick between Ancient Magic, Blacksmithing, Enhanced Perception, Toughness, Constitution, or maybe even netherworld focus, dual wield or shield lore?

What do yall think would finish this build the best? Have I made any mistakes in the 6 skills I already selected that I should consider rerolling over?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply!

• Like! 1
16 hours ago, SirRojen said:

Hey yall,

First post ever, had to put it in the inquisitor forum because I have always loved this class! I remember playing this game right when it came out, then the expansion came out, and didn't seem to be available in my region, so I basically quit the game, but always held fond feelings for it. Earlier this month I saw the GOG Sacred 2 gold for under $4 and I thought, "hey, why not give it a try?"

The reason not to, became obvious immediately, this game is definitely gonna take over my life :D

I got the CM and EE and this game is better then it ever was!

Rolled an inquisitor and am currently around level 23.

I am wondering if I made any mistakes that should cause me to consider rerolling already. I plan to play this character for at least 100 hours, so rerolling 10 hours in, is definitely the right choice if my character is bad.

1. Astute Supremacy Lore

2. Astute Supremacy Focus

3. Combat Discipline

4. Amor Lore

5. Magic Staves

6. Riding

I have 4 slots left, and am currently trying to pick between Ancient Magic, Blacksmithing, Enhanced Perception, Toughness, Constitution, or maybe even netherworld focus, dual wield or shield lore?

What do yall think would finish this build the best? Have I made any mistakes in the 6 skills I already selected that I should consider rerolling over?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply!

Happy to see you've discovered our little community  SirRojen, and thanks for your first post here on the boards! The inquisitor class has beautiful Ca's,  but the mechanics of this class always seemed to evade my touch and I was more indulgent with the Dryad :D There"s a good number of build posted I believe in this class section, maybe there's one there can bring you the Dark Power you yearn for ! :viking:

Hoping that a member here with some ideas can help you out, wanting to wish you a hearty welcome to DarkMatters!

:starwars:

gogo

19 hours ago, SirRojen said:

Ancient Magic, Blacksmithing, Enhanced Perception, Toughness,

Hello. Thanks for trying the mod and writing back. I'd probably choose these 4 skills.

What combat arts are you using?

I know magic staff could be useful to unlock something on staves, what is it?

If going Flix's way:

7. Blacksmithing - when socketing no rings or amulets the unlocked third property is a big help

8. Toughness - damage mitigation and a bit armour in all types which will be boosted by blacksmithing

9. Enhanced Perception - can wait a bit because if you play the campaign level 50 should be early enough for the big machine fights and the loot their

10. Ancient Magic - I normally max it for niob fights

Alternativ variants and keeping the character:

7. Blacksmithing - one point wonder or power it up end game if not having another smith

8. Concentration - one point for 10a, 75 for 10b and wanting a third buff

9. Gruesome Inquisition Focus - take the buff with damage mitigation and boosting magic damage from levin array

10a. Enhanced perception

10b. Nefarious Netherworld and taking greed at Eruptive Desecration. A third buff is possible

Since my playtime is limited I would choose the alternativ variant 10b myself to test the Inquisitor and to answer questions like this one

... and welcome to the forum

3 hours ago, chattius said:

I know magic staff could be useful to unlock something on staves, what is it?

In EE, the Magic Staff skill unlocks on junk-tier and higher:

• Casting Speed
  • Spell Intensity
  • Chance to Block: Close Combat
  • Chance to Block: Spells

On rares only:

• Combat Art Range
  • Chance to Halve Regeneration Time

The magic staff weapon class did not originally have skill-unlockable bonuses like other weapons.  I attempted to add them in CM 1.60 but due to a typo they didn't function until I corrected it in EE.

11 hours ago, Flix said:

In EE, the Magic Staff skill unlocks on junk-tier and higher:

• Casting Speed
  • Spell Intensity
  • Chance to Block: Close Combat
  • Chance to Block: Spells

On rares only:

• Combat Art Range
  • Chance to Halve Regeneration Time

The magic staff weapon class did not originally have skill-unlockable bonuses like other weapons.  I attempted to add them in CM 1.60 but due to a typo they didn't function until I corrected it in EE.

Thanks

Could be added to wiki's magic staff skill page

Combat Art Range on a staff is of cause very useful for a Maelstrom build.

Probably best Magic Find character in game?

7. Blacksmithing - one point wonder or power it up end game if not having another smith

8. Concentration - one point (75 for a possible third buff)

9. Nefarious Netherworld and taking greed at Eruptive Desecration. A third buff is possible

10. Enhanced perception- double chance with Éruptive Desecration