Colonies

OMGSTUFF

I just got my SIXTH bad slot 4 colony.

I've had the worst luck ever in this Uni, I swear.

The good news is that I'm up to 5 quality colonies, but with the over population, it's hard to find permanent slots at this point.

Has it been similar for you guys, or is it just my omnipresent bad luck?

I hear ya. Out of the 9 I have only 4 are keepers (and 1 is my home). I did get a 172'r on a slot 15 so that'll be good for deutskie toots. I have yet to break 200 fields though...but like I said I did get a 21 fielder on a slot 4 (first colony ship too...that burned)

When Yawg was playing my account over exams/Christmas/New Year the first colony ship he sent out was 311 fields in a slot 4. My luck hasn't been so good. Only ones I've kept for now are a 165 in a slot 14 and a 155 in a slot 13.

I had bad luck as well, but I am happy with mine now. :bow: 260... 275... and two 300 fielders on 4-6, so 4 over 250 fields for my big colonies. And a 200 field 15 slot and a 200 field 9 slot. But it took my about 50 colony ships to get there.

Edited by Blade
I had bad luck as well, but I am happy with mine now. :bow: 260... 275... and two 300 fielders on 4-6, so 4 over 250 fields for my big colonies. And a 200 field 15 slot and a 200 field 9 slot. But it took my about 50 colony ships to get there.

Nice. Looks like you'll be all set... and 50 colony ships... *groan*.

Find (iI)s in good positions then stick a colony as close to them as you can get, then send out the colony ship as soon as the planet disappears. The 4 slot in my home system's recently gone (iI), so I'll be watching for that one disappearing.

Heh, I fell asleep waiting for the 4 slot in my system to come available and someone else snapped it up. Hopefully it's a small one that they'll delete though. I'm not liking this waiting up until 1am just to colonise business.

Seems my luck is on the upturn. Sent out a ship to a six slot last night and got a 228 fielder.

That's 4 200+ field colonies, and 2 semi-decent temporary ones. Got another 4 slot lined up with an (iI), so I just need to find one more space now.

So my ridiculous luck continues. I waited 6.5 hrs for my colony ship to arrive on a SLOT 5, and it had F***IN 58 fields. Now for those of you keeping track that's 2 colonies (slot 4 & slot 5) under 59 fields. According to statistics, the odds of that are astronimically low. This uni does not want me to have a colony over 200 fields and does not want me to have a slot 4-6 :P

So my ridiculous luck continues. I waited 6.5 hrs for my colony ship to arrive on a SLOT 5, and it had F***IN 58 fields. Now for those of you keeping track that's 2 colonies (slot 4 & slot 5) under 59 fields. According to statistics, the odds of that are astronimically low. This uni does not want me to have a colony over 200 fields and does not want me to have a slot 4-6 :yay:

I've got 6 good colonies now... I'm filling up the other 2 before getting new ones, but I sent like 18-21 colony ships to slots 4-6 before that, all under 120 fields.

Crap luck update:

2: slot 4's stolen within 40 minutes of landing

2 : I tried for in a different galaxy and were filled with new players before I landed

1: I tried for in another galaxy someone else grabbed

1: slot 8 right now...111 fields...aka garbage

Are you serious? I have never had such terrible luck with colonies in 4 other uni's :cool: All I want is 1 friggin colony over 200 fields I dont think thats asking too much. I BETTER get a moon on my first moonshot! :drinks:

OK, I just got another slot 4 colony today and its time for a little Q&A

1: Locutus, how many colony ships have you wasted?

-O I dunno a few dozen at least.

2: Locutus, how many slot 4-6 colonies have you tried for?

3: What were the results?

-I kept 2...141 and 161 fields respectively

4: Locutus, those aren't very good what about the rest?

-Well funny you should ask just this morning I got my 3rd colony under 60 fields on a slot 4...it had 36 fields.

5: WOW don't you have a 80% chance of getting a planet between 120-310 fields?

-YES...yes I do

6: How do you explain that you managed to hit the 20 % crappiest chance each time?

-Conspiracy by my government

7: What do you plan to do now?

-Well, with my luck: Win the lottery while getting eaten by a great white shark that's being hit by lightning which in turn causes it to beach and me to get spit out on an tropical island of sex craved blonde beauties that carefully nurse me back to health so as to act as king of their island which is...of course...the most wealthy and beautiful, conflict free country in the world where polygamy is not only legal but encouraged

Edited by locutus

Double post...I don't care...I'm gunna keep complaining about the conspiracy until it ends:

2 more slot 4's

1 had 106 FIELDS

1 had 36 FIELDS...36

Tell me how this is possible. Just as a confirmation to myself I colonized a slot 1 and a slot 2...both had more fields than 4 of my slot 4 attempts

Wow, that really sucks. I don't think I've found anyone with worse luck with colonies.

I only have one colony slot left, so I need to find an (iI) near one of my other planets. I had one, but my internet died and the colony ship got crashed. I'll probably wait until the weekend.