NEW Project: Sacred 2 Purist Fixpack

Flix

Yes, you and many others have reported the Djinn, that's why I mentioned it, in order to link it to the latest report. I consider it one big bug, basically.  It will be resolved in the next release.  I only mention the Passive Water Elemental in the hopes of preempting more posts about it.

Of course if there any other missing creatures not reported, I may not know about it, so thanks!  :wink:

One note about the Inquisitor's class quest Semil Keytan:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Semil_Keytan

The NPCs for the quest spawn even if you are not playing as an Inquisitor. The Scouting Party Members are there, only Semil Keytan is missing. It is the only class quest, where I noticed that the NPCs spawn even without the relevant quest active. I've been wondering for a while why there were named NPCs on that crossroad and only today found out that they are prepared for the Inquisitor's class quest. Should they be spawning when you're not playing Inquisitor and don't have the required quest active?

SPM.thumb.jpg.fcb32721e4774743649ce3d97ecd0927.jpg

• Thanks! 1

I've gotten quite used to them over the years. It's easy to miss that they shouldn't appear, since there's already so much fighting between NPC's in this area.

Generally, no quest creatures should be present unless the quest phase that calls on them is active.  There are some exceptions but those characters are mostly silent and blend in with background NPC's.  Some that are scripted to be enemies or combative may still linger on after reloading the game, and those usually have to be cleaned up with some extra scripting in questscripts.txt.

I haven't checked yet, but I'd guess these particular NPC's have the "persistent" flag enabled in their taskcreature entry, which would explain their unusual situation of always appearing, no matter the character.  Should be easy enough to resolve if that's the case.  If not, might have to get creative.

P.S. I'd be interested to see how the Desert phase of the Inquisitor's classquest plays for you in PFP.  I just got through making a number of changes to some nonsensical things in D2F for this phase, and I wonder if they were always that way or not.  Namely, duplicate versions of both Shirka and Semil appearing throughout this phase.

11 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

there were more crashes and  infrequently the game would start with the character and NPCs unable to move. Signing out of Windows or force-powering off the PC was usually the only way to continue.

The unable to move after load bug is caused by the game previously terminating improperly. When that happens, ALT+F4 or Task Manager out of the game and kill all Sacred 2 related processes (sacred2 or sacred2server). Then launch again and it should work normally. That was why a PC restart would solve it, because it would remove the stuck Sacred 2 instances, allowing the game to run normally.

When there are multiple instances of sacred 2 active in Task Manager, it either massively increases loading times or just straight up leads to "paralysis" after load.

But otherwise agreed. Huge thanks to Flix for allowing people to play (mostly) vanilla game experience without bugs. Looking forward to the next release (especially the fixed surfaces to remove the artefacting from sunlight) :thumbsup:

Edited by idbeholdME

I noticed that there was a piece of rare (yellow) chest armor which added plus points to Toughness, a skill the High Elf can't acquire. :huh:

A detailed breakdown of the "A letter home" quest (Light version) and the behavior that Hooyaah mentioned:

Quest received in Sethiaz from a cultist, you go to his father in Asui'Thaz and he gives you a basket for his son. A village pries spawns in front of the hut. Talking to him brings this dialogue.

Spoiler

1.jpg.5e8159776860d0a7295b1e2ff6be3bbc.jpg

And the quest log at this point looks like this:

Spoiler

log.thumb.jpg.bfa79f0b9ef2ba3e39a2b1c50bc90540.jpg

So far so good. The next time you speak to the priest, he says this:

Spoiler

2.jpg.2a4b5724fc7b3001986f1d54ea0a262b.jpg

And this is where the problem occurs. There are 2 things you could say Accept or Decline to. The fight, and the basket. As the basket is last in the sentence, I would logically assume the choice pertains to the basket. However, the logic is set up in that you are answering the offer of the fight.

This is what he says after you hit Decline:

Spoiler

dialogueafterdecline.jpg.bde6cefc95f040232e8128a13f0eb30e.jpg

As in, he respects your decision of following the law and refusing to fight him, thus agreeing to giving him the basket.

And this is what he says when you hit Accept:

Spoiler

dialogueafteraccept.jpg.263ffb26b4a202354b4a6c704ad4646a.jpg

You are answering yes to the fight, to which he applauds you for holding family in such a high regard and refusing to hand over the basket.

So, final quest log after you finish the quest hitting Decline:

Spoiler

logdecline.thumb.jpg.d09205ffe031220c2d1cadbd9eb4a469.jpg

And quest log after finishing the quest hitting Accept:

Spoiler

logaccept.thumb.jpg.c3ca60d15b904e4d74f017c04e6df6c9.jpg

Final notes:

1) The quest log remained the same (With failed "A Good Father") if you hit Decline even after a reload, going contrary to what Hooyaah posted (about the X being gone after a reload).

2) If anything, the dialogue or the options could be made a little more clear as to what you are actually answering to. I too at first thought that the answer was about handing over the basket, not the fight.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1

My thoughts:

Maybe it's just from looking at the bare scripts for so long, but reading that dialogue, I immediately thought that "Accept" meant accepting the fight.

That being said, it is possible to change what those buttons say on a quest-by-quest basis.  So "Accept" could be made to say "Fight" and "Decline" could say... something else.  Shouldn't be a problem to work out, unless there's some hidden complication.  I should be returning to PFP next week.

22 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

And this is where the problem occurs. There are 2 things you could say Accept or Decline to.

It's the same issue with the Atherton quest line, the wording has been fixed in my (not yet released) mod.

I think there might be many more quests where the accept/decline option is indecisive from the questgiver's wording, if you know such quests pls send me, I attempt to fix them all.

3 hours ago, Lindor said:

It's the same issue with the Atherton quest line, the wording has been fixed in my (not yet released) mod.

I think there might be many more quests where the accept/decline option is indecisive from the questgiver's wording, if you know such quests pls send me, I attempt to fix them all.

Off the top of my head, the only other quest where I've had doubts about a response would actually do is the Horde Champion in the The Spirit of Atherton quest in act 2.

Edited by idbeholdME
6 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

Off the top of my head, the only other quest where I've had doubts about a response would actually do is the Horde Champion in the The Spirit of Atherton quest in act 2.

That's got to be the single worst offender in the game. I've played through it countless times and I can never remember what I'm supposed to be Accepting or Declining.

21 minutes ago, Flix said:

That's got to be the single worst offender in the game. I've played through it countless times and I can never remember what I'm supposed to be Accepting or Declining.

^ AGREED!:B6nFRAh:

Minor visual thing:

Often, when a root is cast on you but it is resisted (like with Dashing Alacrity for example), the visual effect of the root will still show up, not go away and move with your character until another root is successfully cast on you or you go through an area transition or reload the game.

Edited by idbeholdME
26 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

Minor visual thing:

Often, when a root is cast on you but it is resisted (like with Dashing Alacrity for example), the visual effect of the root will still show up, not go away and move with your character until another root is successfully cast on you or you go through an area transition or reload the game.

This issue is built into the FX, FX_GEN_ROOT. I believe this happens whenever the FX are applied through a spell without a duration. Buffs and temporary buffs should work fine. The solution would be to either remove the root effect from all spells without dration (which I do anyway because it's incredibly annoying) or to add duration to all spells which cause root.

3 minutes ago, Lindor said:

I believe this happens whenever the FX are applied through a spell without a duration

There is no such thing though.  All spells with "et_chance_debuff_root" have a duration parameter.  This is true for PFP, EE, and D2F.

12 minutes ago, Flix said:

There is no such thing though.  All spells with "et_chance_debuff_root" have a duration parameter.  This is true for PFP, EE, and D2F.

Okay then I don't know either:dntknw: My intuition came from the fact that I had tested on a spell without duration, HE fireball as that's my standard FX testing spell, and there the root always lasted forever. Then I compared with a spell that standardically roots in spells.txt and the difference which made most sense to me was the duration parameter.

@Flix I failed to mention that, although my High Elf explored all 20 Temples of The Gods, the Trophy Pantheist was not achieved. :dntknw:

10 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

@Flix I failed to mention that, although my High Elf explored all 20 Temples of The Gods, the Trophy Pantheist was not achieved. :dntknw:

If it's like the Dungeon achievement, you have to do them all in one game session.  But I'm not sure, I never went for that one.

9 hours ago, Flix said:

If it's like the Dungeon achievement, you have to do them all in one game session.  But I'm not sure, I never went for that one.

This is not it. I took like 120 hours on my first Silver Shadow Warrior playthrough with the PFP (with tons of breaks obviously) and still got the achievement. Unless you mean one game session as a single difficulty option.

@HooyaahDo you have 20 Temple drawings shown on your map? Sometimes, you have to get very close to or outright enter the temple for the map reveal to trigger. The text "Temple of the Gods" has to pop up on your screen for it to register. If you just walked near a temple, it's possible it did not count. Check if any are missing on your map, then try re-visiting them all.

Edited by idbeholdME
15 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

Often, when a root is cast on you but it is resisted (...) the visual effect of the root will still show up, not go away

15 hours ago, Flix said:

I believe this happens whenever the FX are applied through a spell without a duration

From my testings, as far as I can tell, both are correct. The same bug gets triggered on both occurances.

Another thing that seems to have gotten lost in the General forum:

It's been confirmed that the double hit chance weapon masteries are supposed to give is broken and does not work at all. On the other hand, the chance of double hit orange item mod works correctly for both normal melee attacks and CAs.

Is there any possible way this could be fixed or is that some hardcoded skill behavior that nothing can be done about?

EDIT:

Another thing I just noticed in my Seraphim playthrough: Something seems wrong with the Black Seraphim. Even though the stat sheet claimed she had 77% chance to hit me, I stood in place for a couple of minutes and she hasn't hit me once.

Edited by idbeholdME
12 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

This is not it. I took like 120 hours on my first Silver Shadow Warrior playthrough with the PFP (with tons of breaks obviously) and still got the achievement. Unless you mean one game session as a single difficulty option.

@HooyaahDo you have 20 Temple drawings shown on your map? Sometimes, you have to get very close to or outright enter the temple for the map reveal to trigger. The text "Temple of the Gods" has to pop up on your screen for it to register. If you just walked near a temple, it's possible it did not count. Check if any are missing on your map, then try re-visiting them all.

I checked each temple again and never heard the High Elf comment, "How did you do it?" or such, but after when I checked, the trophy was present.

On 6/22/2022 at 10:17 AM, idbeholdME said:

Another thing I just noticed in my Seraphim playthrough: Something seems wrong with the Black Seraphim. Even though the stat sheet claimed she had 77% chance to hit me, I stood in place for a couple of minutes and she hasn't hit me once.

The stock standard Black Seraphim is in terrible shape. No weapon or armor attachment bones, barely any animations, bald even though they tried to put a black version of her iconic twin ponytail hairstyle on her.  I couldn't find anything salvageable so I just remade her in EE.  Not sure what can be done for PFP.  I'll at least review her stats.