NEW Project: Sacred 2 Purist Fixpack

Flix

You're way off base about usagebits. I enabled/disabled skill based bonuses from spawning for certain characters. It's not going to affect spells, creatures, or item drops in any way.

10 minutes ago, Flix said:

You're way off base about usagebits. I enabled/disabled skill based bonuses from spawning for certain characters. It's not going to affect spells, creatures, or item drops in any way.

Well I'm not so sure about that. There needs to be someone who has the amount of willpower and patience to do a test series on that before I believe that.

But even if that's true, the main open questions remain untouched still:

• boni don't spawn for characters, they spawn on items which drop for characters. So the question is: do usagebits disable the bonus spawning on the item based on the weargroups of the item or based on the character which got the drop?
  • let x be the set of relevant heroes for a bonus appearing on the item. x depends on the answer to the first question, it's either the set of heroes which can use the item or it's the set of heroes which got the item dropped.
    Now for the bonus to be able to appear on the item, do the usagebits for ALL elements of x have to be equal to 1 or do they have to be equal to 1 for AT LEAST ONE element of x?
  • There are two kinds of item drops, depending on the isUsablebyhero line in balance.txt which sets the relative amount of these two kinds of item drops. Do usagebits only affect itemdrops for usable items or do they affect all dropped items?
  • What happens if there's an item drop with a bonusgroup which does not have any enabled boni in it?

The answer to the final two questions is also the key to the answer to wether it affects item drops or not.

7 hours ago, Lindor said:

A question which came int my mind: Did you include the questscripts.txt changes which I proposed a while back?

I included it in the previous release and also gave you a shout-out for your contribution.

7 hours ago, Lindor said:

Also after another read-through of this thread, I think this one might've went over your head:

No, I continue to quietly ignore it because I'm lumping it in with other German localization issues.

1 hour ago, Lindor said:
  • boni don't spawn for characters, they spawn on items which drop for characters. So the question is: do usagebits disable the bonus spawning on the item based on the weargroups of the item or based on the character which got the drop?
  • let x be the set of relevant heroes for a bonus appearing on the item. x depends on the answer to the first question, it's either the set of heroes which can use the item or it's the set of heroes which got the item dropped.
    Now for the bonus to be able to appear on the item, do the usagebits for ALL elements of x have to be equal to 1 or do they have to be equal to 1 for AT LEAST ONE element of x?
  • There are two kinds of item drops, depending on the isUsablebyhero line in balance.txt which sets the relative amount of these two kinds of item drops. Do usagebits only affect itemdrops for usable items or do they affect all dropped items?
  • What happens if there's an item drop with a bonusgroup which does not have any enabled boni in it?

Those are interesting questions, and while I have my speculations, I don't know for sure.

That being said, no matter the answers to any of that, there's no way usagebits is going to affect an item's chance of dropping.

For example, I disabled Pole Arms +X and Pole Arms-unlockable modifiers from spawning on armor and weapons that a Temple Guardian could wear.  There's no way anyone else could wear that armor, and no Pole Arms bonuses appear on weapons other than Pole Arms, so there's no way anyone else could be affected by that.  Usagebits doesn't interact backwards into weargroup.

10 minutes ago, Flix said:

For example, I disabled Pole Arms +X and Pole Arms-unlockable modifiers from spawning on armor and weapons that a Temple Guardian could wear.  There's no way anyone else could wear that armor, and no Pole Arms bonuses appear on weapons other than Pole Arms, so there's no way anyone else could be affected by that.  Usagebits doesn't interact backwards into weargroup.

Now I see what you're getting at here, but that's not what I mean.

The idea is that you disabled, let's say, pole arms, tactics lore and offensive skills for high elf gear. Assuming that usagebits depend on the hero character you're currently playing, and without usagebits there would now a weapon drop occur which has a bonusgroup of only these three boni. But because of the usagebits, the weapon doesn't drop. Or maybe it rerolls to another random drop until it gets something that works.

Another possibility, this time assuming that it only influences the boni depending on the weargroup, is that usagebits decrease the elements of the set of drops usable by the hero, therefore influencing the drops you get via the balance.txt isUsablebyhero line. Like the game says that now a usable drop should occur, and a weapon gets dropped with only bonusgroups that have at least one usable bonus which immediately excludes many weapons.

Or both the usagebits AND the isUsablebyhero line only depend on the weargroup of the item and it is enough that at least one usagebit equals 1. In this case usagebits really wouldn't influence drops but the heroes would still get dropped tons of gear, mostly weapons I think, with inappropriate boni they can't utilize.

There are so many different possibilities that usagebits could influence drops. And then there are also those boni which are used both for items and spells, and we don't know what happens if a hero or an enemy uses a spell with a token that is bound to a bonus whose usagebit says it can't occur because of the character class you're playing.

I don't want to tell you what to do, I just want to draw your attention to something which I think might've been overlooked.

37 minutes ago, Flix said:

No, I continue to quietly ignore it because I'm lumping it in with other German localization issues.

haha I see:lol:

1 hour ago, Lindor said:

And then there are also those boni which are used both for items and spells, and we don't know what happens if a hero or an enemy uses a spell with a token that is bound to a bonus whose usagebit says it can't occur because of the character class you're playing.

Maybe this will make you feel better -There is not a single bonus I changed that fits this criteria.  There's also not a single bonus I changed that was formerly "usable by all" either.  Many had absolutely bizarre restrictions.  Time and testing will tell the wisdom of the change.

Most likely, the close-to-infallible solution would be to make every blueprint single-weargroup.  I can't begin to fathom that amount of work though.

1 minute ago, Flix said:

Maybe this will make you feel better

Haha I feel fine thx:smile:

1 minute ago, Flix said:

Most likely, the close-to-infallible solution would be to make every blueprint single-weargroup.  I can't begin to fathom that amount of work though.

Don't worry, I'm scripting blueprint.txt at the moment which will do smth like that automatically. My mod's blueprint.txt will basically include an automatic bonusgroup creator. Modding bonusgroups will become so much easier - want to lower the bonus tier of tactics lore? No problem - one single change! With a little bit more work, an automatic bonusgroup checking tool can be made out of it.

But as I said, probably outside the scope of PFP as it won't keep the Vanilla balance.

• Respect! 1
29 minutes ago, Lindor said:

outside the scope of PFP

This is frankly one of my favorite things to see lately, as I can breathe a sigh of relief that I don't have to worry about it.

Now for EE on the other hand...  :moil:

4 minutes ago, Lindor said:

id = 2235,
  name = "set_weapon_sera_ancient_shield",

why does this exist in pfp blueprint.txt? didn't that come with EE?

No it's a vanilla item, but junk tier in vanilla. You would see merchant stock inundated with it.

I have the unconfirmed theory that palettebits can prevent an item from dropping for a certain hero with the same functionality as usagebits. If that's true, it might help fixing some stuff (I'm thinking jester's hat?)

38 minutes ago, Lindor said:

palettebits can prevent an item from dropping for a certain hero with the same functionality as usagebits

Interesting. If true, the mask should be the same. And there's some coding to do.

39 minutes ago, Lindor said:

have the unconfirmed theory that palettebits can prevent an item from dropping for a certain hero with the same functionality as usagebits.

You haven't even confirmed that usagebits affects items dropping.  It seems your assumption is that usagebits on a bonus can flag an item as "isusablebyhero" in balance.txt, but I don't know where you're getting that from.

28 minutes ago, Flix said:

You haven't even confirmed that usagebits affects items dropping.

Yeah, with "same functionality as usagebits" I meant that the palettebits are in the same order as usagebits. like "bit 0" stands for "seraphim" etc.

I neither assume that usagebits can influence drops nor do I exclude it.

wether or not usagebits can influence item drops is not relevant for the palettebits theory.

Edited by Lindor
1 hour ago, Lindor said:

Yeah, with "same functionality as usagebits" I meant that the palettebits are in the same order as usagebits. like "bit 0" stands for "seraphim" etc.

There's a simpler answer - someone had mixed up parameters.

Haha cgrtz! Minor thing: The Garema daimyo spelling fiy and the fury XP fix aren't documented in the changelog. (I know, I know, always nagging this Lindor guy... :D)

• Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, Lindor said:

the fury XP fix

Nothing to fix in PFP.  Elites have double the XP of normal Furies.  It was either fixed in earlier PFP release, or it was never an issue at all until it was introduced in the CM Patch.

1 hour ago, Lindor said:

Garema daimyo spelling fiy

Same explanation as above. Either it was already fixed (or at least ok in English localization) or it was introduced outside of PFP.  Looked fine when I went to check it.

Might be a bug but I could also imagine that it's intended. Till Eulenspiegel is a classical german folkslore trickster. It might be a reference to one of the stories (I don't know them, just know the name and the meaning).

Flix, you may have already mentioned this somewhere, but every time I return to a game when I'm ready to play again, I always get the pop-up box welcoming me to Ice & Blood. I understand it popping up at the beginning or a new level. However, all the time upon returning is a bit annoying, at least to me it is. Otherwise, besides this and the bonuses re-rolling, I am delighted at the end result.

EDIT: The quest The Farm Owner is missing entirely.

8 hours ago, jwiz said:

Till Spiegeleule's bow from the dryad singleplayer campaign has no bowstring attached to his bow

2 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

every time I return to a game when I'm ready to play again, I always get the pop-up box welcoming me to Ice & Blood.

2 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

The quest The Farm Owner is missing entirely.

I wonder if I packaged something improperly.  All three of those things are fixed without a doubt.  I just checked myself.

Question to both of you: at the main menu, does the small text at the bottom left show "PFP 1.3"?

12 minutes ago, Flix said:

I wonder if I packaged something improperly.  All three of those things are fixed without a doubt.  I just checked myself.

Question to both of you: at the main menu, does the small text at the bottom left show "PFP 1.3"?

Negative, on the Main Menu it indicates v2.65.1 build 1782. Also, there are frequent freezes in the midst of game-play. One must sign out of Windows to get back to one's desktop. The game is non-viable in this state.

4 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Negative, on the Main Menu it indicates v2.65.1 build 1782. Also, there are frequent freezes in the midst of game-play. One must sign out of Windows to get back to one's desktop. The game is non-viable in this state.

Seems to me, PFP is not installed properly on your system. The mod is packaged just like mine always are. Maybe an extra folder got added when you extracted the zip file?

Sitting directly in your game's MODS folder should be 4 folders: PFP Christmas Patch, PFP Disk Version Patch, PFP Docs, Purist Fixpack 1.3.

If this is not the case, I'd advise revisiting how to extract files into the MODS folder.  You want the contents of the zip file going directly into the MODS folder. Don't let Windows or Winzip or whatever utility is extracting the files create a folder to contain the files.