NEW Project: Sacred 2 Purist Fixpack

Flix

Just got Benny's Promise as a drop from a boss. I compared the drop.txt from vanilla and PFP, and the Epic Office Quest jewelry set is present only in 1 drop list in the vanilla file, but it is in 3 of them in the PFP

In vanilla, the set is present only in the "Droplist_Forge" drop list (no idea what this droplist is used for), but in the PFP, it is present also in the "Droplist_all_set" and "Dropliste_minisets", meaning it can drop as regular drop.

I am going to remove this set from the regular droplists for myself, but I'd also change this in the PFP. The set should stay exclusive to the quest IMO. This set is also rarity 15, so it makes farming Legendaries a bit harder as it dilutes the pool.

Edited by idbeholdME

One small report:

I am pretty sure that the shoulder piece from the Illuminated Skies Seraphim set - Northern Lights, can not drop in the game. I've collected every single set many times over, but have never seen these shoulders. Just checked all my mules and none have any. Stumbled upon this fact when I was trying to create the largest visibility range set possible and these shoulders are the best fit for that role.

Just dropping the preliminary report here. Will try to check the droplists and blueprints to see where the problem is, but not sure I'm going to be capable of fixing it.

EDIT:

Probably found the reason. The shoulder piece has rarity tier 14, compared to 13 which all the other set pieces have. It is present in the droplists, so just haven't been lucky enough yet I guess.

mgr.createBlueprint(2771, newBlueprint);

newBlueprint = {
  id = 2746,
  name = "miniset_se_himmel_shoulder",
  palettebits = "1111111111111111",
  dmgvariation = 0,
  minconstraints = {20,14,0},
  lvljump = 15,
  usability = 0,
  allotment_pmfpi = {1000,0,0,0,0},
  uniquename = "unique",
  specialuseonly = 0,
  bonusgroup0 = {533,1450,10,9,0},
  bonusgroup1 = {490,1350,10,9,0},
  bonusgroup2 = {401,1200,10,9,0},
  bonusgroup3 = {858,1000,10,9,0},
  bonusgroup4 = {860,1000,10,9,0},
  itemtypes = {8998,},
  wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_SERAPHIM',},
}

Upon checking the rarity tiers of all the miniset items, it does indeed turn out that that pieces I've found the least of are those which have rarity 14. The only one I didn't get even once so far then is the Northern Lights.

List of Seraphim set items that have a rarity tier 14 piece in them:

Origin of the Seraish - Wings, Leg

Illuminated Skies - Shoulders

Infinite Revenge - Shoulders

Turns out that I am also missing the Leg piece for the Origin set.

Every class seems to have 3 or 4 set pieces which are rarity tier 14. But it's been that way even in vanilla, so not a bug. Makes me regret selling several of the Sereish Wings :( 

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 12:35 AM, Flix said:

This dang quest gives me so much trouble.  I made an "invisible" reaching quest in order to make the the battle trigger correctly, because the old trigger was somehow broken.  Guess I left an XP reward in place for this quest that shouldn't be there.

How can I remove that experience reward from that quest? I want to fix this for my game as well.

10 hours ago, jabarto said:

I'm making my first post in like 6 years to say that I love this. The targeting and pathfinding fixes alone have made things feel so much snappier and better to play.

Good see you back jabarto, and always happy to see players still loving this game and the fabu work done by devs like Flix.

Keep keeping Ancaria Safe and a happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Christmas!

:christmastree:

gogo

6 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Good see you back jabarto, and always happy to see players still loving this game and the fabu work done by devs like Flix.

Keep keeping Ancaria Safe and a happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Christmas!

:christmastree:

gogo

You too! I'm surprised and glad to see you're still active as well. Gaming forums like these are a dying breed.

• Appreciation 1
On 12/17/2022 at 5:40 PM, jabarto said:

You too! I'm surprised and glad to see you're still active as well. Gaming forums like these are a dying breed.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... yah not many of old school style gaming forums left ..its funny how even the base things we thought were so natural have and are changing.  A good game is GOOD though, and this one's got staying power even two decades later... omigod.. is Sacred an Antique??

:lol:

gogo

• Respect! 1

Ranged Battle Extension on the Temple Guardian is firing 3 projectiles instead of the 2 in vanilla and using a different animation.

Related to the discoveries regarding the ATTACKX animations, in the PFP, ranged Battle Extension is overriden to use SM24 (Double Hit CA) animation and launches 3 projectiles. In the vanilla, ranged Battle Extension is overriden to the gun ATTACKX animation, which launches 2 projectiles and looks somewhat different.

Upon reintroducing the ATTACKX animation definition and changing the animation override in the PFP, it is behaving exactly as in vanilla, which would be the desired result for the PFP. It does however have one unintended side effect - it makes it possible to trigger the ATTACKX animation during normal, non CA attacks and it will only launch 1 projectile there. But worth the tradeoff I'd say.

I've done a decent amount of general animation.txt fixing/animation syncing, so far mainly for the Seraphim and Temple Guardian. All characters can now also use their ATTACKX animations with melee weapons again (both unmounted and mounted). Also managed to make the Seraphim's pelvis skirt and hair animate during those ATTACKX animations. Fixes/reverts were done in a targeted fashion, mostly by cross-referencing with the original, unmodded animation.txt file. I've tested all the changes thoroughly and have been playing with it for a long time now. Can upload it for use in the PFP if desired, but the changes have been tested with the vanilla s2render.dll, so not sure how it would behave with the one included in the PFP (increased blending speeds), but I THINK it should be fine.

If anyone wants to give it a go, just ask.

Edited by idbeholdME

During the Shadow part of the campaign, where you bring the Alchemist to the prince, the voice line "quest_338_voice_start" plays after you first talk to the prince. It relates to the Garganthropod. However, you don't yet know about the scorpion, you learn about it AFTER the prince and the Alchemist talk, So if possible, could this line be moved to play after you talk to the prince a 2nd time, after he's had the talk with the Alchemist? Would make much more sense.

Currently it goes:

1) Click the prince the first time, end conversation.

2) The line about Garganthropod plays.

3) Click the prince the 2nd time.

4) He tells you about having to go defeat the Garganthropod.

So change the order of the above to 1, 3, 4, 2.

EDIT:
One suggestion. Currently, the Inquisitor's Zealous Doppelganger explodes into meaty chunks upon expiration. Seeing as the clone looks more like a ghost/energy, could it be changed into the explosion effects of ghosts/wisps? Would fit much better IMO. I am 99% sure it should be possible (the zombies in the Swamp used to explode on death but they no longer do) but I have little to no idea where I should look to change that.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 5:27 AM, jasperrayn said:

Thanks for your work. As far as I understand the patch is only in English? If I play in another language, can I change the language?

Currently only English language is supported.

However, I am currently working on the next release which will support French, German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Hungarian languages.

• Thanks! 1

Well, welcome back then. And back in action immediately. After you did not show up anymore all of a sudden I thought that something might has happened to you. Lets go back to our mods then. :thumbsup:

• Like! 1

Just as I am gone from the forums for a while, you make a comeback. Great to see that 1.4 is already cooking up :thumbsup:

I assume 1.4 will also include the reintroduction of the ATTACKX animations? If you have any questions about it, just ask, I've tested them and their behavior quite thoroughly and been playing with them enabled for a couple months now.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1
3 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

I assume 1.4 will also include the reintroduction of the ATTACKX animations?

Catch me up to speed on this.  Last I remember, the argument for including them was just that they looked cool.  Was is it discovered they're actually doing something functional? It would have to be something fairly useful in order to justify the "guaranteed miss" effect that they have when they are included in the pool of left-click attack animations.

18 hours ago, Flix said:

Catch me up to speed on this.  Last I remember, the argument for including them was just that they looked cool.  Was is it discovered they're actually doing something functional? It would have to be something fairly useful in order to justify the "guaranteed miss" effect that they have when they are included in the pool of left-click attack animations.

They work completely without issues for melee weapons. Any normal, non-CA melee attack can trigger the ATTACKX animation and they actually strike twice. It is not a classical double hit that just doubles the last hit, but 2 separate hits. The appropriate weapon lore increases the chance of it happening. The % that shows up once you master it is the chance to trigger the ATTACKX animation, but it increases the chance of it happening even before you master it, just becomes visible at 75. Works both on foot and on mounts. It also does 3 hits instead of 2 when dual wielding and even cycles the weapons used for the hits, unlike weapon CAs.

Ranged weapons can mechanically trigger the animation, but there is no way to actually make them fire two projectiles.

So I'd bring them back for all melee weapons and leave the ranged weapons out. One thing that nothing can be done about is staves. If they were melee, they could trigger it fine, but since they are now ranged by default and use the same animations as normal 1 handed/2handed weapons, they can trigger them and only launch 1 projectile.

The one case I mentioned with the Temple Guardian was that originally, the ATTACKX animation of pistols was used for ranged Battle Extension. As it currently is in the PFP, it has been replaced to use a different animation, which launches 3 projectiles. However, it originally launched 2 and used the ATTACKX animation. If the pistol ATTACKX animation is brought back for the Temple Guardian and ranged Battle Extension restored to use that animation, it behaves as in vanilla, launches 2 projectiles and uses the ATTACKX animation. But it also has the side effect that the Guardian can trigger it on his basic left click attacks. Other characters have no such occurrence, so it is just this one situation that requires a decision.

EDIT:

I can link you my animation.txt file if you want.

Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9qwgckkwx651sv/animation.txt?dl=0

- Restored melee ATTACKX animations.

- Restored the ATTACKX pistol animation for Temple Guardian to be used for ranged Battle Extension animation. Side effect: can trigger on normal attacks and will only shoot one projectile while being slightly longer.

- Optimized/increased accuracy of many of the timings. Haven't touched the overall animation durations, only changed some ATTACK timings around to fit more with the animations. NOTE: I'm using the vanilla animation blending speeds, so might look off with the sped up ones, didn't test that.

- Added one more ATTACK occurrence to the Seraphim Pelting Strikes animation while mounted on the tiger. The animation included a paw swipe from the tiger that wasn't doing any damage. A small buff, but I prefer visual consistency in this case.

- Also restored the ATTACKX animations for the Seraphim hair and Pelvis Skirt so that they animate properly when performing an ATTACKX with the given weapon.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1
22 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

They work completely without issues for melee weapons.

da5.jpg

I'll test them.  Not that you're not trustworthy, it's just blindly believing what I was told is why they're gone in the first place.

31 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

I can link you my animation.txt file if you want.

May as well send it; running a compare function might be quicker than manually searching.

8 minutes ago, Flix said:

May as well send it; running a compare function might be quicker than manually searching.

Added link to my post.

Even dimitrius sounded off in one of the threads that my assessment seems to be correct and he also restored them. He might also be investigating a bit more into it, so wouldn't hurt asking him if he found out anything about the melee/ranged check on the attacks.

Edited by idbeholdME