NEW Project: Sacred 2 Purist Fixpack

Flix

47 minutes ago, Flix said:

Something like this would probably work:

quest.setScript(1595,"OnTaskFulfilled",function(args)
Quest_1595_TA=false
end)
quest.setScript(1595,"OnWon",function(args)
changeCreature{
tcid=4257,
Behaviour="JOB_BARD",
}
Quest_1595_TA=nil
end)

Again, not appropriate for this mod but will be incorporated into the others.

Oh I meant the correct hat dropping, not the "I'm the only fool" thing. You know, so you don't have to set up 7 different quests. Which probably wouldn't work anyway because of the DM/SW thing.

But yeah, looks good. The same way the Elite Mount Vendor changes its status to merchant. Should work fine:thumbsup: Just need to make sure that it doesn't interfere with the other questscripts. 1595 already has a "OnWon" script. I don't know for sure, but I think during the loading stage, the game would overwrite all scripts for the same event in the order they appear in questscripts.txt.

1 hour ago, Lindor said:

You know, so you don't have to set up 7 different quests. Which probably wouldn't work anyway because of the DM/SW thing.

Nevertheless, the correct Bunny Ears, Atherton Bracers, and Christmas Presents get handed out between the two, so there must be a proper way to do it.

53 minutes ago, Flix said:

Nevertheless, the correct Bunny Ears, Atherton Bracers, and Christmas Presents get handed out between the two, so there must be a proper way to do it.

Doubt it but the only way to know for sure is to try it out.

Let's take Bunny Ears e.g.:

Shadow Warrior:

quest ID: 3506
quest name: "S_HE_1i_SW_N_nn-Reward"
reservedforhero: 4
Bunny Ear blueprint ID: 3127
Bunny Ear itemtype ID: 11881

Dragonmage:

quest ID: 3816
quest name: "S_HE_1i_DM_N_nn-Reward Dragonmage"
reservedforhero: 4
Bunny Ear blueprint ID: 3457
Bunny Ear itemtype ID: 13256

Neither of those quests have anything scripted, also search for the BP/Itemtype IDs in questscripts.txt doesn't yield any results. There are only two possibilities I can think of: Either the Dragonmage at the end of the quest name string is used in order to determine wether SW or DM is meant with reservedforhero=4, or they just hardcoded it. You can try out the name thing, and I hope it works, but I doubt it.

I think it's this chunk that is significant "S_HE_1i_DM_N_nn". In fact, I believe every bit separated by underscores may serve a function. For example the "HE" places the quest in the Chapter 1 section of the logbook.

I doubt it would be hardcoded because that script didn't even exist until CM Patch.  DM had no bunny ears, atherton bracers, christmas presents, or fool's cap until CM Patch added them.  If the first three can drop correctly I'm fairly confident the latter one can as well.

Oh this looks indeed promising then. An analysis of the name parameter might be useful. The first logical step for this would be setting up a quest.txt spreadsheet. Do you know how the global.res hash is chosen for the quest name?

8 hours ago, Lindor said:

Oh this looks indeed promising then. An analysis of the name parameter might be useful. The first logical step for this would be setting up a quest.txt spreadsheet. Do you know how the global.res hash is chosen for the quest name?

Loka-ID's: QUEST_XXXX_TITLE or QUEST_XXX_CAPTION depending on whether it's a quest or sub-quest (as in chain quests).

• Thanks! 1

Just report on the boss voice lines:

They work correctly when commentary is set to always in the options. However, the "near objective" voice line plays as your are approaching the boss. If you continue going towards the boss, the boss specific voice line will NOT play. You first have to "bait out" the objective voice line. Luckily, it plays at a very slightly longer distance than the boss one and also far enough from the boss so that it doesn't attack you. But you have to be careful. The best method is to use shift to make your character walk slowly and very carefully approach the boss. The moment the "near objective" line starts playing, immediately run in the other direction (away from the boss). Wait for a couple seconds just to be safe and then, when you get near the boss, the line should play. This has worked for me most of the time.

The most difficult to trigger seems to be Kral, due to the layout of the area.

One more thing I realized:

The final Guardian does not have a death animation. The first 3 die normally but the last one instantly disappears the moment he dies.

Also, the Facetteleon death animation seems... cut short? I don't know. It spins rapidly and then suddenly instantly stops and hovers mid air.

Edited by idbeholdME
34 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

The final Guardian does not have a death animation. The first 3 die normally but the last one instantly disappears the moment he dies.

Not sure why this would happen unless it was scripted.  All the Guardians have the "has_corpse = 1," flag restored which is what triggers death animations to be used rather than just exploding into gibs.

36 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

Also, the Facetteleon death animation seems... cut short? I don't know. It spins rapidly and then suddenly instantly stops and hovers mid air.

Yeah, I checked the timings and that's just what they decided to do with it.  I think the idea is almost like it's a machine that just suddenly grinds to a halt and is frozen in place.  I toyed around with letting it just explode but the vanilla FX is just a pathetic little -poof- like when ghosts die.

18 hours ago, Flix said:

Not sure why this would happen unless it was scripted.  All the Guardians have the "has_corpse = 1," flag restored which is what triggers death animations to be used rather than just exploding into gibs.

It does not even explode. It just completely disappears from existence the moment it dies. The only thing left behind is the loot and the dying sound plays.

3 hours ago, Vishanka said:

Found several animals floating in midair in Neithu'thaz :)

Spoiler

yo9jArc.jpg

Yes, I noticed the exact same thing there too a couple days ago. And a lot of floating NPCs in a lot of other places over the time spent playing in the past 2 months. Unfortunately wasn't screenshotting those as I didn't consider them a major thing.

2 I can remember off the top of my head:

1) One of the random vikings near the chieftain in the bay where you go to recruit them.

2) The small dragon that joins you near the end of the TG class quest in the jungle. Instead of standing on the bridge, he was standing on one of the small pieces of wood above that was part of the bridge.

However, it's also not really consistent. Often times, they no longer float simply after saving and reloading.

Edited by idbeholdME
33 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

It does not even explode. It just completely disappears from existence the moment it dies. The only thing left behind is the loot and the dying sound plays.

Apparently this is by design. The devs wrote a script to remove the guardians after they're all dead.

quest.setScript(1671,"OnTaskFulfilled",function(args)
local boss={4413,8491,8492,8493}
for index,tcid in ipairs(boss) do
destroyCreature{
tcid=tcid,
splatter=false,
}
end

33 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

However, it's also not really consistent. Often times, they no longer float simply after saving and reloading.

I've noticed the same thing. Aside from removing the creatures there's not much I can do there. Reload usually fixes it.

I think that dragon in TG's classquest is supposed to be perched above the player so he can't be missed.

• Like! 1

One minor tooltip thing:

Spell Resistance Mastery currently says "Reduces the duration of debuff effects". It ties a bit into our previous discussion about detrimental effects, but the reason I'm mentioning it is because the Spell Resistance Mastery also reduces the duration of DoT effects. It is a key piece of info that I think should be mentioned in the Mastery description because it's the biggest reason why Spell Resistance is actually a really good skill. Some of the most deadly attacks in the game are DoTs (spitting spiders, bosses etc.)

Maybe "Reduces the duration of detrimental and damage over time effects"?

Edited by idbeholdME
8 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

Spell Resistance Mastery currently says "Reduces the duration of debuff effects". It ties a bit into our previous discussion about detrimental effects, but the reason I'm mentioning it is because the Spell Resistance Mastery also reduces the duration of DoT effects. It is a key piece of info that I think should be mentioned in the Mastery description because it's the biggest reason why Spell Resistance is actually a really good skill. Some of the most deadly attacks in the game are DoTs (spitting spiders, bosses etc.)

But... it doesn't do that.  The mastery bonus is just the "Detrimental Magic Effects - X%" bonus.  The only DOT it would affect would be the Poison and Burn secondary effects, and that damage reduction only comes because the duration is decreased.

On 4/11/2022 at 5:54 PM, Lindor said:

No open wounds?

Bleeding should also be included, I just forgot it.

I'm not 100% certain on whether it's duration+damage or just duration, but based on how the Detrimental Magic Effects works (duration only) I believe it's exactly the same for Spell Resistance Mastery.  In a sense there IS a damage reduction, but it's only as a side effect of the duration decrease.  By this logic debuffs to speed/armor/attack/defense/weaken are not going to receive an intensity decrease, they'll just be more brief.  I've not tested this thoroughly though and some of this is second-hand from other modders.

21 hours ago, Flix said:

Bleeding should also be included, I just forgot it.

I'm not 100% certain on whether it's duration+damage or just duration, but based on how the Detrimental Magic Effects works (duration only) I believe it's exactly the same for Spell Resistance Mastery.  In a sense there IS a damage reduction, but it's only as a side effect of the duration decrease.  By this logic debuffs to speed/armor/attack/defense/weaken are not going to receive an intensity decrease, they'll just be more brief.  I've not tested this thoroughly though and some of this is second-hand from other modders.

Well, I am basing it mostly off of the wiki. Which claims that it reduces the duration of detrimental effects but also the duration of damaging DoTs (essentially an all channel Damage over time -x%, equal to 100 - Mastery Value (so 64.4% at Spell Resistance level 75)) once mastered. Damage mitigation reduces the duration of spell DoTs, where every 20% removes a tick. Any non-20% reduction after the latest 20 increment reduces the damage of the last tick.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Spell_Resistance

Specifically says "DME & DoT duration".

"At level 75 it makes the duration of DoT, De-Buffs and Detrimental effects 35,6% of original value and decreases it further when the skill level is increased. Damage dealt by these effects is decreased proportionally to the time decrease. For example, if incoming DoT was to inflict 250 damage for 5 seconds it would be decreased by Mastery of Spell Resistance to two seconds - 250 damage dealt by the first pulse and 187 damage a second later, summing up to 437 damage which is 35,6% of initial 1250."

Based on that, I assume it would also reduce the DoT duration of attacks like Spider Spit, Life Leech lightning damage over time (Moldered Skeleton Mages, Demons, Eyes in Blood Forest etc.) or many of the deadly boss damage over time effects. I actually never picked and mastered this skill, but from reading some threads on the forum about this and people being surprised by how good the skill is once mastered, I'd expect it does reduce the duration (and thus the damage) of built-in spell DoTs. The base duration of spell DoTs is always 5 seconds, 5 ticks of damage.

That the Spell Resistance Master works on Spell DoTs is also listed on multiple places on the wiki:

Build-in DoT can be reduced by several modifiers: Damage over Time -X%, Damage Mitigation -X% and Mastery of Spell Resistance skill. The player can also use a Recovery Elixir and look for the following Item Modifiers:

Damage over Time: Fire -X%

Damage over Time: Ice -X%

Damage over Time: Magic -X%

Damage over Time: Poison -X%

Damage over Time: Physical -X%

If it only gave a reduction of detrimental effects, then it would be a truly underwhelming skill. Easiest test would be to get Spell Resistance Mastery on a character, isolate a spitting spider in the swamp (or in Act 2, east of Skook's Corner) and note the duration of the DoT once it spits on you. If it is any less than 5 ticks over 5 seconds (default), then Spell Resistance Mastery reduces spell DoTs too.

Unless someone can test it right away (has a character with Spell Resistance Mastery at hand), I might test it tomorrow by tweaking the balance.txt file to instantly reach 75 and test on Bronze spiders.

NOT RELATED TO THE ABOVE:

One very minor thing. One of the Garema types has a typo in its name. The Garema Daimyo. In game, it says Gareme instead of Garema:

gareme.jpg.e2b471764f9c05f407a89cbf1834d3a0.jpg

Edited by idbeholdME
1 hour ago, idbeholdME said:

Well, I am basing it mostly off of the wiki.

Look at the notes though:

"Spell Intensity has no effect on build-in Damage over Time (caused by some Spell Damage Based CAs with 100% chance), removing buffs, short-debuffs (10 sec) or lond-debuffs (30 sec), which can be used by some enemies or characters (pvp)."

4 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

That is absolutely correct. Spell Resistance vs Spell Intensity has no effect on that. But it's a different thing than what I mean.

I'm not talking about the effect of Spell Resistance (stat) on spell DoTs, but the effect of Spell Resistance (skill Mastery) on DoTs and that judging from the wiki, it has 2 effects. Detrimental effect duration reduction and DoT duration reduction.

Anyway, I'll probably get around to trying it today.

TEST RESULTS: 

Can now confirm that yes, it DOES reduce the duration of spell DoT effects. Test:

Default Behavior of the Spider Spit - Initial hit + 4 ticks of damage all dealing the same damage. I took some poison resist relics, because the first initial hit can be reduced by armor, the DoT ticks can not.

Result before Spell Resistance Mastery - initial hit for 2 damage (reduced by poison armor) and 4 ticks of damage, each dealing 5 damage.

Result WITH Spell Resistance Mastery (35.6% duration) - initial hit for 2 damage, 1 tick for 5 damage and 1 faster tick for 2 damage.

Original DoT - 20 damage, 4 ticks of 5 damage.

After Spell Resistance Mastery DoT - 2 ticks, dealing a total of 7 damage. A total of 35% of the original damage. Also note, that the second reduced tick comes much faster (60% faster due to the duration of the tick being cut by 60%)

Conclusion - Spell Resistance Mastery reduces the duration of spell DoTs. Which makes it a very useful skill once mastered as it completely eliminates the need to look for Damage over time -x% on gear. I'd also expect it to reduce the duration of stuff like Nimonuil's Dislodged Spirit (damaging debuff) or the long lasting slows from Elite Ice Elemental ice bolts.

Additional thing I noticed about Spell Resistance skill: The boost to the spell resistance stat this skill is supposed to give is not reflected on the stat screen. Even though I have +180% Spell Resistance bonus from the skill, my actual spell resistance on the inventory screen is still equal to Willpower. Not sure if the bonus just doesn't show but works in the background, or if this part of the skill is broken. Gear with Spell Resistance +x% shows up on the inventory screen properly.

If anyone wants to check themselves, I have a save at level 75 with Spell Resistance at level 74 near the spitting spiders east of Skook's Corner.

Good to know. That may mean that the item modifier DME -X% does the same thing.

IIRC the skill doesn't improve Willpower's spell resist stat because it's actually running parallel to that calculation. Sort of like how the evasion from Combat Reflexes runs parallel to the normal attack/defense calculation.

Just ran around with the Inquisitor for a bit and there seems to be some issue with his animations. Like he has completely disabled blending animations for everything. Pressing shift, he is instantly in the defend position. After every attack, he instantly jerks back into the default position before launching another while other characters are much smoother. Running and stopping, he instantly jerks into the base idle position. No transitions at all. He seems to be the only character that has this issue but coming from other characters, it is quite jarring. It's not the issue of animation blending speed. They are not sped up, but rather seemingly non-existent.

Also, equpping an item while moving makes the item in question hover in the rough position in the air and only snaps into the proper position once the Inquisitor stops moving. Probably connected to the overall animation issue with him. This is what it looks like when you equip armor while moving:

huh.thumb.jpg.5e929ba50219d81aef8549e66f2b1e21.jpg

Or shoulder armor:

shoulder.thumb.jpg.a3b8738b1332a4fb5f15ffb69261176d.jpg

Edited by idbeholdME
1 hour ago, Flix said:

Good to know. That may mean that the item modifier DME -X% does the same thing.

Yes it does. Tried with the Wall of Flames with -31.7% and the result is the spit doing 2 ticks of 5 damage and 1 tick of 4 damage. so 70%, which is within the margin of error due to the damage numbers being so low and rounding.

Combining Spell Resistance Mastery 33.2% with the shield (so 66.8%+31.7%) results in a single 5 damage tick (77% reduction). Meaning it stacks multiplicatively, so 100% can't be achieved.

And the current wording for the Mastery is also illogical. Says "Reduction of Debuff Duration +x%." When it is in fact 100-x %. Or just make it say "DME/DoT duration x% (without the +).

Edited by idbeholdME
2 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

And the current wording for the Mastery is also illogical.

I can't change the math part, that's in the code.  The +X% isn't going anywhere unless someone else edits the binaries.  That's why I tried to come up with language that would fit the numerical display.

It will probably be something like "Detrimental Effect Reduction" in next release.

3 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

They are not sped up, but rather seemingly non-existent.

This is precisely the case. The Inquisitor uses a completely different type of animations known as vertex-animations. It gives his robes the flowing, fluttery movement effects.  These types of animations are also what's used for the Seraphim's animated hairstyles and the flowing sashes of some of her belt armor.  If you see something blowing and fluttering in the wind it's probably vertex animations.

The absolutely terrible look and feel of his animations was the initial impetus for Dmitriy adjusting the animation blending times which you hated so much in CM 1.60.  While the other characters (subjectively) suffered, the Inquisitor actually improved from those changes (notably the problem from your second screenshot was alleviated).  Eventually in Addendum he converted all vertex-animated models to the standard mesh format of the other characters.  This solved the bizarre visuals you would sometimes see but also turned the robes, hair, and sashes into completely static, non-animated models.  I may adopt those changes in some of my other mods, but I haven't decided yet.  I can't see it being a good fit for PFP.

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, Flix said:

This is precisely the case. The Inquisitor uses a completely different type of animations known as vertex-animations. It gives his robes the flowing, fluttery movement effects.  These types of animations are also what's used for the Seraphim's animated hairstyles and the flowing sashes of some of her belt armor.  If you see something blowing and fluttering in the wind it's probably vertex animations.

The absolutely terrible look and feel of his animations was the initial impetus for Dmitriy adjusting the animation blending times which you hated so much in CM 1.60.  While the other characters (subjectively) suffered, the Inquisitor actually improved from those changes (notably the problem from your second screenshot was alleviated).  Eventually in Addendum he converted all vertex-animated models to the standard mesh format of the other characters.  This solved the bizarre visuals you would sometimes see but also turned the robes, hair, and sashes into completely static, non-animated models.  I may adopt those changes in some of my other mods, but I haven't decided yet.  I can't see it being a good fit for PFP.

Thanks for explaining.

True, the flailing sashes of the Seraphim behave the same way.

It's just that I never played the Inquisitor before, so didn't realize that it's always been the case and that it affected his entire animation set. Will take some getting used to, is all.