NEW Project: Sacred 2 Purist Fixpack

Flix

2 hours ago, jwiz said:

Was running thru the desert just before and noticed that the small scarabs do not seem to suffer the fate of being stuck in place passively after attacking them and moving out of range, as they often do with the CM-Patch and EE.

IIRC, the scarabs have a new monster entry in creatures.txt in PFP, so they work as they should. Flix explained a bit about it on the first page:

I was never satisfied with the CM fix either, so I re-did this one from scratch in PFP.  Neither normal nor elites had template creature ID's, which all enemies are supposed to have.  In CM, at some point some values were just guessed at and assigned directly to the bugs.  I've now started over and created insect templates then added appropriate bonuses on top of that, with higher values for the elites.

2 hours ago, jwiz said:

They large green scorps, though, still seem to back off passively after being hit with a detrimental spell like viperish disease or black curse.

Their AI is finnicky, yes. Always has been though. They like to sometimes just start slowly walking toward a spot and not respond to anything until they reach that spot (quite similar to how Bog Demons used to be before PFP 1.3, come to think of it). You can beat on them, you can run around them as much as you want, they will not attack you until they stop moving.

1 hour ago, jwiz said:

As to Kral, he showed some strange behaviour too:

Upon entering he hit me with his sonic boom but during the fight I was kiting him thru the arena and all he did was following me, trying to melee attack me while recharging at the pylons ( see below)

Only after I destroyed another one of the 3 remaining pylons (out of habit I had destroyed the one next to his treasure chest and was plundering that before commencing the fight), he reverted to using all his abilities, like the sonic attack, the magical fireball etc.

It seem to me, that once you enter his melee attack range, he gets stuck in that unless you force him to change behaviour somehow.

Something definitely changed about him with PFP 1.3. I just can't put my finger exactly on what it is. All I can say for certain is that he worked perfectly fine in PFP 1.2, regularly using his Sonic Scream and laser projectile and not just perma chasing you in melee.

Edited by idbeholdME

Completed the silver campaign earlier and the only one minor issues I further noticed was, that Nimonuil didn't show up as 'Last Opponent' killed,

Don't know, if that has been mentioned yet.

Edited by jwiz

A very minor issue;

I have Hansi Kürsch with me for a while now and his long hair disappears when in front of the skybox

DCBeMsq.png

Is that just the case for me or do you also have that issue? Any idea what could cause that? :D

• Haha 1

Suggestions for additions to the PFP regarding some unused voice lines. This'd fall into the restoration aspect of it, so viable for the PFP.

PLAYER:

1. Add the "enemytype_humoutlaw" lines to the same pool as "enemytype_human". All of them would fit well with in that category and at least they would get some use and we'd finally hear them. The humans we get to fight are Bandits/Brigands/Assassins so there's no reason not to use them.
    - 5 voice lines total for all characters in both Light/Shadow versions.

2. Not sure if possible, but would be nice if "enemytype_giant" lines could play when fighting Ogres and Trolls. They were recorded for an unused enemy type, but if it would be somehow possible to specify for them to play when hitting those two types of enemies, it would be great. I think it should be possible, seeing as how regular dragons and lizardmen share the "Dragon" enemy type, yet have different voice lines.
    - 5 voice lines total for all characters in both Light/Shadow versions.

3. A potential use could probably be found for the "combatspe" voice lines. They are various grunts, from which some could fit into the categories "enemyhitme", "battlecry" or "hitenemy" voice line groups.
    - 3 voice lines total for all characters. No Light/Shadow split.

4. Voice lines for Gahanka and Terus. Every character has boss voice lines for these two sub-bosses. This is probably a long shot, but if the "boss_troll" and "bosslegion" could somehow be mapped to Gahanka and Terus in the same way as the other "endmob" voice lines for the main bosses, that'd be awesome. The one for Terus could actually play after the dialogue with him before the fight, similar to how voice lines play when finishing main quest dialogues. Gahanka would have to receive the same treatment as other bosses (proximity based) as there is no dialogue with him.
    - 2 voice lines total for all characters in both Light/Shadow versions.

ENEMY:

1. Taunt voice lines. This is the only category which would be awesome to get utilized. Every single enemy and NPC in the game has many taunt voice lines recorded. Up to 5 for every character (except Dragon Mage) and 5 for both Light/Shadow characters for a total of up to 40 taunt voice lines PER enemy, which are never used in the game. A literal treasure trove of unused voice lines. But I feel like setting up the trigger conditions for these would be extremely difficult or outright impossible, as the game/enemy would have to detect what character you're playing and what campaign. If that could be solved, just adding them to the same pool/giving them the same trigger condition as the "attackshout" or "hit" (so hitting/attacking the player character) would be sufficient.
Edited by idbeholdME
On 7/11/2022 at 3:12 PM, idbeholdME said:

Barazi's End. When you talk to the Reservist Leader in the cave who says they'll fight for the pasha to the end, they just start idly walking around instead of fighting either you or Thylius and his men.

Should be fixed in next release, I think. Need to test. I believe they were missing a proper hostile faction in quest.txt, so they inherited the neutral one from their creature entries.

On 7/22/2022 at 4:24 AM, idbeholdME said:

Summoning a normal goblin, and a blue colored spell that looks like the fire trap which many enemies already had before. Question is - what damage type does this blue spell deal?

Spell is "enemy_schamane_blitzzone", and the damage is pure Magic DOT.  Interestingly, the goblin riders were the only creatures the devs gave this spell to, so it's essentially a restored spell as well.

On 7/23/2022 at 11:21 AM, jwiz said:

2x identical 'Helmets of the Thorns' as a reward from the 'Better Yields' quest on the Seraphim island?

Is that a fluke or something off with the quest drop pool?

It happens from time to time.

On 7/24/2022 at 11:47 AM, idbeholdME said:

The original fix was to just give these Elites ranged CAs instead of melee ones so they stayed at range. This fix worked great.

It worked decently, not great. Enemies would like to switch to their melee weapons even just to cast their ranged CA's, and often didn't switch back.  Their switching A.I. sucks IMO, you don't get nearly enough of their proper ranged attacking.  But I can revert them back to switching for PFP.

On 7/24/2022 at 11:47 AM, idbeholdME said:

Kral seems to be having some behavior issues. In 1.2,

All I did was add a missing spell and enable his turrets. I tested him too before release.  I'll review all his animations - the usual culprit for lacking special move behavior.

On 7/24/2022 at 4:25 PM, idbeholdME said:

Although I can't really remember what the behavior was in vanilla.

Kraal didn't do anything but bite in vanilla. I think literally every single special move was broken, including the turrets.

On 7/25/2022 at 9:15 AM, jwiz said:

It seem to me, that once you enter his melee attack range, he gets stuck in that unless you force him to change behaviour somehow.

Generally true, also remember that one of his special moves is a hard-hit bite, and enemies will often doggedly persist trying to execute a given special move.  If you're constantly kiting he may be trying to do his hard hit but unable since you keep moving.  Just a thought.  Bugged animations may also be a possibility.

On 7/26/2022 at 9:19 AM, jwiz said:

Completed the silver campaign earlier and the only one minor issues I further noticed was, that Nimonuil didn't show up as 'Last Opponent' killed,

He won't, in PFP, since you don't actually kill him. He's killed via script.  Being able to strike the killing blow is only in EE and other mods.

On 7/26/2022 at 3:05 PM, Vishanka said:

Is that just the case for me or do you also have that issue? Any idea what could cause that?

Could be something introduced by the doublesided flag in his surface entry, but normally that flag has the opposite effect.  He's also got SURFACE_FLAG_ZMASKED in one of his entries, might be doing something to his hair.  Will investigate.

1 hour ago, idbeholdME said:

Suggestions for additions to the PFP regarding some unused voice lines.

I should be able to cook something up.  Least likely are the enemy taunts and the Gahanka lines, at least without coding changes, but we'll see.

• Like! 1
49 minutes ago, Flix said:

It worked decently, not great. Enemies would like to switch to their melee weapons even just to cast their ranged CA's, and often didn't switch back.  Their switching A.I. sucks IMO, you don't get nearly enough of their proper ranged attacking.  But I can revert them back to switching for PFP.

They did swap to their melee weapons to launch the ranged CA, but I never had an issue with them not continuing to use their ranged weapon after that. They always only swapped to melee when I got close. I'd personally revert the Moldered Skeleton Archers change. Not sure about the exact situation with the Stone Guards though. Other than those two, nothing seemed really out of place so far (other than some enemies rapid firing like crazy when you get close now :4rofl:).

All I did was add a missing spell and enable his turrets. I tested him too before release.  I'll review all his animations - the usual culprit for lacking special move behavior.

He uses his spells, but only once or very few times. He quickly becomes stuck in "only melee" state where no matter what you do, he only chases you and bites. Even if you just stand in one spot so you let him use his Hard Hit melee spell. The change was immediately noticeable when I fought him the first time in 1.3 after fighting him numerous times in 1.2, where he was regularly using his spells as they came off cooldown for the duration of the entire fight. Destroying the Obelisks is also always the first thing I do when fighting him and he was using his abilities even after destroying them in 1.2.

I should be able to cook something up.  Least likely are the enemy taunts and the Gahanka lines, at least without coding changes, but we'll see.

Awesome. One hiccup I realized with the "enemytype_humoutlaw" voice lines is that they probably wouldn't be that good a fit to the Dark Crusade army (red Kuan warriors).

One more minor thing I just realized while going through the desert:

In the Light Campaign, after you grab the alchemist in the desert main quest, similarly to the Assassins in the Differing Opinions I mentioned earlier, the 3 guys that try to "persuade you" to hand over the alchemist are unarmed. If not all three, I think that at least the 2 body guards the envoy has with him should have weapons.

Edited by idbeholdME
22 hours ago, Flix said:

Kraal didn't do anything but bite in vanilla. I think literally every single special move was broken, including the turrets.

Generally true, also remember that one of his special moves is a hard-hit bite, and enemies will often doggedly persist trying to execute a given special move.  If you're constantly kiting he may be trying to do his hard hit but unable since you keep moving.  Just a thought.  Bugged animations may also be a possibility.

Fought him again today and the situation I described originally must have been a fluke.

Now, he fights properly until you destroy his Obelisks. The moment you do so, he eventually moves into the middle of the arena and from that moment on, becomes stuck only meleeing you. I thought the Obelisks were there only so that he could heal and destroying them prevented him from doing so. Was it also supposed to take away his ranged spells too?

Also, some more potential voice lines for restoration:

1) quest_747_voice_start - obviously meant for when you rescue Dyria in the Dryad forest. Don't think I ever heard it play.

2) "endmob_08". It is the approach voice line for Nimonuil. However, it never plays, because the fight with him is triggered by a conversation. Could be added to trigger after the conversation with him. Although I think that Shadow characters already use a different voice line for after finishing the conversation with him ("quest_776_voice_prefight" if I remember correctly) so would probably have to be restored only for the Light campaign.

And one more thing:

Some enemies that are spawned by other enemies seem to not respect the current enemy level. The Demons near the end who summon the Burning Skeletons or now the Elite mounted goblins summon enemies that usually have the dark purple target circle. Example:

Enemies in the area are currently level 111 with my Survival Bonus. But a level 111 Demon summons a level 117 Burning Skeleton. Would it be possible to make the summons always the same level as the caster?

Edited by idbeholdME
15 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

And one more thing:

Some enemies that are spawned by other enemies seem to not respect the current enemy level. The Demons near the end who summon the Burning Skeletons or now the Elite mounted goblins summon enemies that usually have the dark purple target circle. Example:

Enemies in the area are currently level 111 with my Survival Bonus. But a level 111 Demon summons a level 117 Burning Skeleton. Would it be possible to make the summons always the same level as the caster?

IIRC it has always been the case even in vanilla game that summoners will summon higher level mobs in accordance with your survival bonus.

• Like! 1
17 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

ome enemies that are spawned by other enemies

As far as I can tell, this is an intentional feature of such spells.  The boosted summon level is added by the spell token "et_summon_mylevel" which increases the summon's level above the caster's by a given amount.  Sometimes enemies will also have an All Combat Arts +X bonus which will boost it even more.

17 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

I thought the Obelisks were there only so that he could heal and destroying them prevented him from doing so. Was it also supposed to take away his ranged spells too?

If you want to rule out the turrets completely you can disable their healing ray in creatures.txt.  Entry is "Boss_ju_energystation", you would delete the "boss_flyer_aufladen" spell from there.  Then the turrets will just sit there doing nothing like vanilla.  If the problem persists then something else is the culprit.

• Like! 1

Just found this in one of the hidden ground stashes:

what.jpg.e468de6b077982162aec788a0506522b.jpg

TG bonus on a Seraphim only item. Although could be because the items in the ground stashes are exempt from normal item drop rules. A similar thing happens with the first TG's class quest. You get a TG leg item as a reward and it can roll with absolutely any bonus from any class with no restrictions.

Investigating the "close range ranged enemy rapid fire" thing further, I'm starting to lean towards not liking the change.

1) It only punishes melee characters in a game that heavily favors ranged characters already. Ranged characters don't have to get close to ranged enemies, meaning they will always just shoot with their original attack speed. Melee characters are in even more danger now because getting in proximity to one of the affected enemies multiplies their DPS drastically. I just fought Thraconians. And specifically Thraconian Fireraisers are now literal machine guns on Niob once they enter the rapid fire mode and no longer have a delay between attacks due to the extremely fast throwing animations. Elite Fireraisers have DPS that can rival some bosses.

2) It really doesn't make sense. Why should a ranged enemy's DPS increase several times when you close the distance? There are already some ranged only enemies who always rapid fire and you don't even have to get close, like Elf Bandit archers in act 1. Just go see the band that has the stolen gems in the first main quest of the Light campaign. I am fairly certain that too wasn't the case in vanilla. But more importantly, ranged only enemies who now "go crazy" when you get close are now more dangerous in melee than dedicated melee enemies or enemies that swap to melee when you get close, which is simply not right. Here is a video of a Thraconian Fireraiser for reference:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t53d9oa1gz95ouc/Sacred 2 - Ice %26 Blood 30.07.2022 0_36_45.mp4?dl=0

Also keep in mind, that once the rapid fire is triggered, it always stays on, even if you walk away from the affected enemy. Seems to affect every ranged enemy, that has lost their melee swap weapons in PFP 1.3. So far I noticed Moldered Skeleton Archers, Stone Guards and Thraconian Fireraisers. Haven't done a thorough sweep yet, so there might be some others, but Flix probably has them catalogued. 

I checked in 1.2 again just to be sure and yes. All three mentioned above had melee weapons too.

From what I can tell, there are several types of ranged AI. An exemplary ranged enemy behavior can be observed on the Dark Crusade Archers, who also have ranged+melee weapon combo but use the "Enemy_hunter" AI type. They start by shooting you at range. If you get close, they swap to melee, get 1 or 2 hits in and then attempt to retreat a little and try to create some distance. If the distance is sufficient, they return to range. But ranged Thraconians on the other hand stay in melee forever once they swap from ranged because it's an attribute of the "Enemy_warrior_simple_artillery" AI type.

My educated guess as to the origin of the rapid fire behavior in 1.3 is this: Although their melee weapons have been removed, the "logic" of them swapping to melee which is baked in their AI is still present. Once the logical swap happens by you getting close (even though they no longer have melee weapons), their attack behavior changes to the melee logic, which is attacking without pauses, which causes the rapid fire effect.

So the rapid fire effect is not an attribute of the "Enemy_warrior_simple_artillery" AI type, but a bug due to the missing melee weapon set which causes the enemy to use melee attacking logic for ranged attacks.

To sum it up, if it were up to me, I would reverse this change for all the enemies it pertains to. It's a quite noticeable change that deviates from the original and also somewhat upsets the balance of the game. But most importantly, I would classify it as a bug :).

Input/opinions from anybody else would be welcome.

Edited by idbeholdME

Spell Resistance description still has a couple issues. Here is a pic of level 74 Spell Resistance:

SR.jpg.b6d99c2858b851a4dd3925a1ad2b6bc0.jpg

1) The Mastery description before achieving Mastery still uses the old debuff effects description instead of the new Detrimental Effects.

2) The green Mastery bonus text does say "Detrimental Effects Reduction". The main problem here is really the that the + sign cannot be changed as mentioned previously. Anyone not in the know will probably assume that it will reduce the Detrimental effects by 27.4%, so that the duration of them will be 72.6%. But the number goes down, not up with level ups, so it's in fact that the duration of Detrimental Effects is now 0+Skill Value, so 27.4% In other words, reduced by 72.6%. So for clarity, I'd probably even go as far as make the green text something like this:

Detrimental Effects Duration Reduced To (ignore the plus sign)                   + X%

Not sure how long a text can the Mastery effect have or if it'd cause any issues if too long.

3) The skill description, once Mastered, also still uses the debuff duration text:

SRM.jpg.d60a82597c01a6bacfaf3795b6be46cf.jpg

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1
On 7/29/2022 at 5:45 PM, idbeholdME said:

Investigating the "close range ranged enemy rapid fire" thing further

I already said I'm reverting it.

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Vishanka said:

Noticed my gryphons lost their head :lol: is that just the case for me?

WMgEMCd.png

Had this happen when I was doing pre-release testing of 1.3, but Flix fixed it. Still fine on my end. Try copying surface.txt from 1.3 and replace the one in your game folder with it.

Also, I hate doing this under the fear of another item re-roll, but seems that the item with the wrong bonus I posted a bit earlier wasn't a fluke. Was rehabilitating my TG Bargainer from the re-roll and stumbled upon a large number of items with unusable bonuses on them. Here are the finds:

Spoiler

13alchemyonTGgear.jpg.4f6468802afb032d003a40246185b364.jpg

13dualwieldonTGgear.jpg.26836db7a81ee1048393583d71e47736.jpg

13DWonTGgear.jpg.bf3edb494bb27a45c59826ac1652bc87.jpg

13DWonTGgear2.jpg.c28613172c958bb43c5e4a2b394af10e.jpg

13RTFonTGgear.jpg.72fc02956b641b0398005032479c6025.jpg

3 occurrences of Dual Wield and one more Alchemy bound bonus. The last one is a Seraphim Focus bonus. Something probably got mixed up in the seraphim-TG bonuses. Haven't found anything else wrong since 1.3.

Edited by idbeholdME

Minor visual thing:

During thunderstorms, the bounding box of the VFX for Baneful Smite is visible when casting it (basically the square background of the VFX). It's very hard to see on a static screen but I tried to make one where it'd be at least somewhat visible.

square.png.081c91f5a59b054bfc151a586153393b.png

Hard to see, but it's there. It's the most visible towards the bottom right corner. It must be conflicting with the lighting effect that happens during storms. Haven't seen it happen with any other CA under any other condition.

EDIT:
Supplying a better screen where it's clearly visible. During storm in the jungle, towards the end of the cast. The square starts out small at the beginning of the cast and quickly expands during the animation:

square2.thumb.jpg.6e9266b12353f5d8cee8e9685c1b2230.jpg

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, idbeholdME said:

the bounding box of the VFX for Baneful Smite is visible

I can probably adjust the black levels of the texture in order to render the outer edges less visible.  I had to do the same with some FX in D2F.

On 7/31/2022 at 6:32 PM, idbeholdME said:

Something probably got mixed up in the seraphim-TG bonuses.

Could very well be the case.  At one point I had reversed the order of the 1's and 0's, and only realized after changing several bonuses. I may have missed something during the corrections.

On 7/31/2022 at 4:41 PM, Vishanka said:

Noticed my gryphons lost their head :lol: is that just the case for me?

Hm, looks like my new textures are in place, but the surface.txt is not.  You'll need the Gryphon surface entry from 1.3 that would add the fur effect.

newSurface = {
  name         = "gripphon-id1_v",
  texture0Name = "maps/npc/monsters/gripphon/v_gripphon-id1_do.tga",
  texture1Name = "maps/npc/monsters/gripphon/v_gripphon-id1_sg.tga",
  texture2Name = "maps/npc/monsters/gripphon/v_gripphon-id1_n.tga",
  vol0Name     = "maps/npc/ridingcreatures/Frosttiger/c_tiger_f.dds",
  flags        = SURFACE_FLAG_OPAQUE + SURFACE_FLAG_DOUBLESIDED + SURFACE_FLAG_CONSTANT_FUR,
  shader       = obj_d_s_b,
}
mgr.surfCreate(newSurface);
17 hours ago, Flix said:

Could very well be the case.  At one point I had reversed the order of the 1's and 0's, and only realized after changing several bonuses. I may have missed something during the corrections.

Dual Wield is by far the most frequent. Likes to spawn a lot on TG heads and shoulders.

EDIT:

Couple more things to consider:

1) The text for Pelting Strikes Gold mod. Currently states that it reduces armor with each hit. My tests have shown, that it only reduces armor once per cast. Details here 

Would probably change it to something like "The first hit reduces the opponent's physical armor."

Same for the Silver Enfeeble mod. "The first hit reduces the opponent's defense value." Although I have not specifically tested this mod, I'd assume it's the same.

2) During the main quest on the Light path in the Orc region (Among Orcs), you are sent to gather Troll teeth. Accepting this quest causes about 20 trolls to spawn on the path leading from the foot of the hill to the top of the mountain, where a ton of Orcs are fighting Trolls. Those 20 Trolls spawned by the quest (marked with a special symbol on the minimap) are not aggresive towards the blue Orcs there. Neither are the Orcs aggressive towards the trolls. All other normal Trolls and Orcs fight just fine, it's just those spawned by the quest that seem to have improperly set hostility flags.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1

Question about creatures in the Crystal region. Do they have any hidden abilities?

1) The Ice creatures are sometimes reflecting my melee damage. Seen it happen with Percalacin, Aracin and Luglacin. The melee hit deals no damage to them and about 2-4K damage is dealt to me. Was wondering why I was getting near death so often until I realized what was happening.

2) Lupans are sometimes evading my attacks even though I have 230% chance to hit them with a basic attack.

Have there been any changes in 1.3, or has that always been there and I just didn't notice because I was only there with a ranged character before? Can't see anything that might hint at this in creatures.txt. If it's always been the case, then it might actually be a viable non-PvP use case for the orange rare "Opponent's chance to reflect melee damage -X%" item bonus.

But I am really interested in what is causing the Lupans to be able to evade a 230% hit chance.

Also, stumbled upon 3 types of crystal formations that give no XP when killed. They seem to be doing nothing and have 0 damage and armor. Not sure if they're broken or were just meant as destructible environment. They appear a lot around the 3rd balloon stop in the Crystal region (The Old Camp). It's these three:

Spoiler

crystalnoXP1.jpg.ab24e97130bf2645c9b64113b25f0030.jpgcrystalnoXP2.thumb.jpg.54672d615719df4c30a70d837a70d5a8.jpg

crystalnoXP3.thumb.jpg.02cddc69074127b6cdd853ad8f0c580c.jpg

zero.jpg.c94ee01b36b14021eeb7b69eebaba93d.jpg

EDIT:

Also did extensive trading sessions with the Temple Guardian and can confirm the previous statement. There are 3 bonuses that appear incorrectly:

1) Duration of Potion Effects bound to Alchemy skill on Waist armor. No specific item type. Seen it on Cinctures, Waistbands etc.

2) Dual Wield on Head and Shoulder armor. Seen it on many different head and shoulder pieces, so not tied to a specific type. Not sure if this was swapped with an item bonus of a different class like number 3 below. If it was swapped with something else, it's mostly likely Seraphim, because:

3) Revered Technology Focus on Arm armor. This one probably got swapped with Devout Guardian Focus, as I have also posted a Seraphim Arm armor earlier, which had the TG bonus. This one seems bound only to a specific type called Vambraces. When Revered Tech Focus spawns, it's always on Vambraces. In the Seraphim's case, it was "Gussets" but can't verify if it's only that because I don't have a Seraphim trader at hand.

vamb.jpg.8b3c045035dfa6880eb788d18991d510.jpg

Couldn't find anything else new. Hope this makes fixing it a bit easier :)

EDIT 2:

Never mind... Just found TG Bracers with Rev Tech Focus. So not exclusive to Vambraces :blowup: Looks the same though, so hopefully it's just a naming thing and the item type is the same.

bracers.jpg.931005883fcfe7e486dd0eb6a384898c.jpg

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1

Just a note that the earlier report with alchemy trophy missing its bonus after installing 1.3 wasn't a one off occurrence. Seems that any trophy now have a chance of dropping without it's bonus (seen Roast Joints, Iron Ore, Talisman and probably more), leaving the trophy completely blank (all the item shows is its name).

If a fix can't be found, it can be worked around by the method I mentioned earlier. Farm for a trophy until it drops with the bonus (check it on the ground, don't pick it up). Then drop your blank trophies, pick up the working one and then re-pickup the blank ones you dropped before. They should auto-stack on top of the working one and all should be usable from that moment on.

EDIT:

On 7/29/2022 at 2:18 PM, Flix said:

If you want to rule out the turrets completely you can disable their healing ray in creatures.txt.  Entry is "Boss_ju_energystation", you would delete the "boss_flyer_aufladen" spell from there.  Then the turrets will just sit there doing nothing like vanilla.  If the problem persists then something else is the culprit.

Finally got around to testing this. There is no reason the turrets would be causing this. They were healing him before and it was not causing any issues.

Turn out that Kraal has somewhat intricate behavior connected to his turrets. When the fight starts, he will be casting and using his abilities for about a minute. After that, he goes to the middle of the arena and starts meleeing you. Any nearby Obelisks start charging him. After a short while, he goes near one of the Obelisks and gathers a charge from them. Once that finishes, he is once again able to use his abilites for about 50 seconds. Repeat until Obelisks are killed. When they are killed and the 50 seconds run out, he enters melee only and stays that way forever.

So it is in fact true that the Obelisks allow him to use his abilities. I tried both with PFP 1.2 and 1.3 and the result is the same. So actually, probably nothing need changes. Must have been some strange timing coincidence before.

Edited by idbeholdME
7 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

There is no reason the turrets would be causing this. They were healing him before and it was not causing any issues.

What? There's no way the turrets could have been doing anything but sitting there before 1.3.

7 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

But the new spell is getting him stuck in melee prematurely it seems. I assume it's some sort of charge move or something?

If you don't see him performing it at all, then that definitely explains it. When this move is performed he angles his jet engines downward, igniting the ground around the player with blue flames.

Since he's unable to perform it, he gets stuck in a loop.  I'll review the spell and see where it went wrong. 

54 minutes ago, Flix said:

What? There's no way the turrets could have been doing anything but sitting there before 1.3.

If you don't see him performing it at all, then that definitely explains it. When this move is performed he angles his jet engines downward, igniting the ground around the player with blue flames.

Since he's unable to perform it, he gets stuck in a loop.  I'll review the spell and see where it went wrong. 

PFP 1.2 already had the turrets healing him (had the entry0 = { "boss_flyer_aufladen" },). Still have it downloaded and checked the creatures.txt there.

Anyway, I edited my post. After more thorough testing, I analyzed his behavior. The new spell has nothing to do with it and works fine.

EDIT:

@FlixAs per my description of his behavior above, I now believe that the initial impression in 1.3 was simply a result of unlucky timings. Before, I must have always killed the Obelisks shortly after Kral recharged, so it seemed like he was still using his abilities without the Obelisks when in fact, he was merely riding off of the charge he got before destroying them. Now, I must have destroyed them just as he ran out of charge. Either way, seems like the whole Kral thing was luckily a false alarm.

Edited by idbeholdME

Extremely minor suggestion:

Change the text in the stat screen that keeps track of enemy kills back to "Collateral Damage" for Light Path characters:

collat.jpg.1426361d514db1d060d61330f49afc07.jpg

I really liked how it was "Victims" for Shadow path but a nicely concealed alternative for the Light characters :angel:

EDIT:

On an unrelated note, the inside of this cave with the Alpha Ursacin in the crystal region does not show up on the minimap:

Spoiler

blankcave.thumb.jpg.3f363432eaf5f1f043186bf75f9a1fea.jpg

blankmap.thumb.jpg.9649e6a1f83a0f63020260ff4315183c.jpg

Just blackness and nothing else. Doesn't even show the enemy markers. As I didn't remember that happening before, I checked in PFP 1.2 again and the cave does show up on the map in 1.2:

Spoiler

caveproper.thumb.jpg.28b02d4a1cc6cf719ed88f8f826cfa04.jpg

No idea what might be causing that in PFP 1.3, but reporting it for investigation @Flix.

It also did not count to Map Revealed % in 1.3 but did in 1.2.

EDIT 2:

Actually, it affects this entire part of the map, even outside. This entire part refuses to get revealed for some reason while it was without issues in 1.2 (tested with the same character, just reverted back to 1.2 files). This screen shows the part of the world map on the left and roughly the area in the red zoomed in on the right. Probably connected to why the cave also doesn't show up:

Spoiler

biggerbug.thumb.jpg.d48a4e1fe457a38a75da8ba337670d3d.jpg

Here is also a screen from 1.2, which shows this map revealed:

Spoiler

12revealed.thumb.jpg.043612813dee768635e67ab70beb00a5.jpg

EDIT 3:

Interesting find regarding the map issue above. Turns out that the map does not get revealed when your visibility range is too high and reaches past the edge of the game world. As the cave is situated extremely close to the edge (on the left-most sector column of the map), my vision radius reached outside the playable area. Apparently, when that happens, the map does not get revealed anymore. Once I removed enough visibility range from the character, the shroud disappeared. Originally had 647% Visibility Range bonus. The map got revealed when I dropped to 457% and moved near the entrance of the cave.

Very interesting behavior. So just something to keep in mind if anyone ever encounters this issue :D. I needed my 0.1% of the map revealed for the CtFV :blowup:

All good now.

Edited by idbeholdME

Hello everyone, fighting over an issue for three days already and can't find the cause for it, so best time to ask for some help =)

The floating text on the map (see picture, the red arrow pointing at it) is not a Vanilla "feature", or let's call that kid by its name and name it the curse, blocking the view on the map ;-)

Screenshot (Sorry, not used to the forums here, didn't found a way to embed the screenie yet, that's why the external link)

Flix already stated it being hardcoded into the exe file in this Topic here, but Community Patch states not changing any binary code and without CM or PFP that text is not appearing on the map using clean game files. Both statements can't be right at same time :D

Would appreciate, if someone would take a closer look at that. Thanks in advance and keep the nice work going!

Edited by Neovita
typo
  • Like! 1