NEW Project: Sacred 2 Purist Fixpack

Flix

1 hour ago, contra said:

These items no set bonuses scripted in the files that Ascaron provided is because Ascaron did not have time to complete them, which is a pity.

I agree.  I believe this was also the case for Charo's, Gruma's, Silithar's, and Khral's mini-sets.  This is why I have completed them in Enhanced Edition.

1 hour ago, contra said:

They are ingrained properties of SET Items,instead of the current attributeless Unique style. I

Well, I can certainly return them to set status by re-adding the empty set bonus entry back into blueprint.txt.

The result is that item text will be green and they will appear in the set items overview on the character sheet, however there will be no set bonuses granted for equipping multiple pieces because none were ever created and there are no clues as to what the bonuses were supposed to be.  In the vanilla scripts there is simply a "placeholder" entry that tells the game: "display these items like set items."  But there is no content in the entry. To me, this would just draw more attention to the bug.  But then this patch isn't for me.

Got a CTD with "Missing Patrol" when speaking to the guard to finish the quest.
HE level 5, in bronze.
(Started in Silver but switched back to Bronze as it will be quicker to test everything.)

edit: reload. I was able to give the quest and take the follow u without problem)

edit2: add a "connexion lost" error when handing another quest. I have a bad internet sadly but Holy Hannah!.

Edited by NathyielNathyiel
  • Thanks! 1
3 hours ago, Androdion said:

- I've noticed how the autocollect ring radius is smaller than it should, does it still need to be manually corrected in options.txt like in CM 1.60?

Ah, yes.

Gar didn't crash, but being that I was OP in comparison to him he couldn't really attack me. Maybe the issue occurs when he attacks?

Yes. To properly test a boss's behavior I would just kite them and let them cycle through all their attacks.  I'm suspecting the single-rock throw ability.

I don't remember the movement speed being so slow, even with a special mount. Is it me or was I accustomed to CM Patch changes pumping it up a notch?

Vanilla movement speed is abysmal, and that includes mounts.  CM Patch did not alter this.  However, in EE and D2F I increased them to be on par with other ARPG's.  That's probably what you're used to.

I've tried altering the save to have access to higher difficulties, and strangely enough it didn't work? Everything else did, level/xp/skills/CAs... Not sure what's going on with the save's structure because that always worked. I know, not a priority to understand this interaction, but maybe that's somehow related with the way the game is erroneously writing into the save file and causing random "back to main menu" kicks? No idea.

There are scripted minimum limits in vanilla based on character level as to what difficulties a character can access.  These are removed in EE and D2F, probably what you're used to.

Thanks for checking.  Any feedback is useful.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

There are scripted minimum limits in vanilla based on character level as to what difficulties a character can access.  These are removed in EE and D2F, probably what you're used to.

Uhn, funny... I'm pretty sure I made that lv.75 blank toon pack for all classes based on CM Patch alone (1.50 or 1.60). But it's been years so...

I'll see if I can run a char from level 1 onwards. Some vanilla things I wasn't exactly dying to see again were "selling price" and "pacifism". Vanilla being vanilla. :D

2 hours ago, Flix said:

There are scripted minimum limits in vanilla based on character level as to what difficulties a character can access. 

That's true for the multiplayer. The singleplayer is controlled by the Campaign completion flag.

Also, one can get to level 70 in Bronze, then use one of the multiplayer modes to get to Gold, then kind of cheat one's way into the Campaign at that difficulty via loading the game.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Thanks! 1

The Farm Owner Quest crashed ten times before I could complete it by speaking with his widow, the new farm owner. Hitting Esc instead of the dialogue box actually does nothing to prevent quests crashing rather than completing. It is apparent that the only quests that have crashed for me were the ones which I had completed in Bronze. All other quests which were not taken in Bronze complete without crashing. Interestingly, I have received no random quest rewards with valuable items or set pieces whatsoever. Only the items that are hard coded to drop for completion of a specific quest will drop.:B6nFRAh:

I am at level 15, Silver, and I have just over 159,000 gold which won't buy me very much. How long can my character survive without any special armor, weapons and items?

:dntknw:

• Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

Interestingly, I have received no random quest rewards with valuable items or set pieces whatsoever. Only the items that are hard coded to drop for completion of a specific quest will drop

I don't think there's a single set or unique in the vanilla game that can drop before level 15. From this point on you should be seeing more of them now that you are appropriate level. 

The game uses a special drop list that pulls from all set items in order to give those special random rewards.  I didn't change anything here except to add missing items (mostly some of the mini-set armor pieces).

2 hours ago, Flix said:

I don't think there's a single set or unique in the vanilla game that can drop before level 15. From this point on you should be seeing more of them now that you are appropriate level. 

The game uses a special drop list that pulls from all set items in order to give those special random rewards.  I didn't change anything here except to add missing items (mostly some of the mini-set armor pieces).

I never got any special rings or amulets before level fifteen with Stamina and Vitality (Beguilers Sparkle for example) as is common after a set number of completed quests. Also, almost every quest will not complete. I gave up trying on Kobold Canyon. It's difficult to play when one cannot complete quests.

7 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

All right, if anyone is willing to send an excerpt from the Windows Application Log, regarding sacred2.exe random CTD's, I'll try and determine the reason for said CTD's.

Guess CTD stands for crash to desktop? Never exported crash reports before, is saving *.evtx file the correct way?

I've uploaded two crash reports, wasn't entirely sure which one you want. First one is the sacred2.exe crash at boss Gar'Colossus where you get back to desktop, I wouldn't call this random and Flix already guessed the cause but anyway:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I89tflRC8At464II4CuUcScWbdAlY0bv/view?usp=sharing
Second one is related to the questbug, it crashes s2gs.exe where you get kicked back to main menu:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xIRo22P1vIJ4mlREeJCIBDSTRUDIG5f2/view?usp=sharing

3 hours ago, Evolyn said:

Second one is related to the questbug, it crashes s2gs.exe where you get kicked back to main menu:

The CTD is caused by an attempt to create and drop a non-existant blueprint - which means, there's at least one faulty entry in drop.txt.

• Thanks! 1

Thanks. I tried the vanilla drop.txt to rule out that file but got the same behavior.  Might be, that I deleted something in blueprint.txt.

It also happens at points when it would be unusual to receive a quest drop, such as initiating combat by clicking "OK" in the pre-fight dialog.

It must be something in blueprint then, though I didn't delete any entries, I did add some, and also added some itemtypes into various blueprints.  And the quest drop pattern encompasses nearly every item in the game.

@NathyielNathyiel Could you possibly try it with the PFP blueprint.txt, but the vanilla drop.txt, and see if there is any bad behavior?  That will help me quite a bit.

@Flix

I looked at Drop and Blueprint. I didn't found anything that look wrong (like unclosed block).
I have seen that you have removed completely Droplist 1495. So I have tested to add it again .... so far, no crash. I will make a new comment if I add a crash.

it's the 2nd block at the debut of the file

mgr.createDroplist(1495,{ -- Droplist_all_normal_ARMOR_ONLY

but there's something else as I don't have anymore loot from quest. I only get specific reward (rune) but no random drop, nor gold or "circle of life" ring (I know you nerf it ... ). only XP.

1 hour ago, NathyielNathyiel said:

@Flix

I looked at Drop and Blueprint. I didn't found anything that look wrong (like unclosed block).
I have seen that you have removed completely Droplist 1495. So I have tested to add it again .... so far, no crash. I will make a new comment if I add a crash.

it's the 2nd block at the debut of the file

mgr.createDroplist(1495,{ -- Droplist_all_normal_ARMOR_ONLY

but there's something else as I don't have anymore loot from quest. I only get specific reward (rune) but no random drop, nor gold or "circle of life" ring (I know you nerf it ... ). only XP.

Thanks for writing about your findings.  I removed droplist 1495 because it was not used in any drop patterns, and therefore removing it should not have any effect at all.  Of course I'll add it back if that was somehow the problem!  :wink: 

The true normal armor droplist is: mgr.createDroplist(1473,{ -- Droplist_all_armour_normal

Keep in mind not every quest is flagged to drop random loot or gold.  Many of them only give XP or static rewards.

I just crash. Another Connexion lost error. but my conexion have been fixed and I didn't have any internet problem at this time.

I was able to see "game saved" on the screen, when speaking to a PNJ at the end of a small quest. More likely another bug, unrelated to drop.

edit: crash again on the quest. screen of the error. I will try to save winEvent.

edit 2 : Event report of the 2 crash. I don't know how to get something useful from it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CjYbXNA8Pz9dfE-z57WnBakQj2bJWCWn/view?usp=sharing

edit3 : Finally, I get a random quest reward.

crash_sacred2.png

Edited by NathyielNathyiel
8 hours ago, NathyielNathyiel said:

I was able to see "game saved" on the screen, when speaking to a PNJ at the end of a small quest. More likely another bug, unrelated to drop.

This is all the same bug.  It can happen whenever a quest phase updates, usually through dialog and usually at the end of a quest, but not always.

Can you tell me please, are you continuing the play with the vanilla drop.txt when you get these crashes?  This would indicate that my drop file isn't the problem.