Stomping Jump (Gladiator) bugging out enemies?

Every time I use it on an enemy and they survive it, they cease to attack forever. They just stand there and do nothing. It is as if this skill disables their regular attacks or aggro logic forever. I assume it has something to do with the associated stun chance that the Stomping Jump has but honestly, it feels like I am exploiting the game. It even disables stuff like elites, champions and quest bosses. I tested it, waited for a bit to see if the enemy starts behaving normally again, but no. I even have a companion ATM and they are not attacking the bugged enemy either. Is this behavior normal?

EDIT:

The enemies seem to come back online after more than 40 seconds... Was the stun duration always this massive? Will probably stop using Stomping Jump for combat and keep it strictly to navigating around the map then because it removes all challenge.

EDIT 2:

The difficulty seems to be affecting the stun duration. While it was over 40 seconds on Silver, now the enemies come back online after about 5 or so seconds in Platinum.

Edited by idbeholdME

Hello neighbour!

The whole unmodified game is a huge pile of bugs. To stumble into something strange is nothing special. But overall you can say that the game wants you
to win.

However. I would suggest to play the game for a while so that you understand the regeneration mechanics a bit better. You have found wolfes lair already,
thats good, check the wiki too for more info. As soon as you got the feeling that you are ready, move on to the reborn mod.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Dax said:

Hello neighbour!

The whole unmodified game is a huge pile of bugs. To stumble into something strange is nothing special.heh

Heh, Ayup

but ...its got a kind of painful  charm right 

:D

gogo

On 11/27/2021 at 11:06 AM, Dax said:

Hello neighbour!

The whole unmodified game is a huge pile of bugs. To stumble into something strange is nothing special. But overall you can say that the game wants you
to win.

However. I would suggest to play the game for a while so that you understand the regeneration mechanics a bit better. You have found wolfes lair already,
thats good, check the wiki too for more info. As soon as you got the feeling that you are ready, move on to the reborn mod.

Thanks. Not really looking into mods right now. This is my first time playing the first Sacred but after spending hundreds of hours on Sacred 2 and as the mechanics are pretty much the same, I know my way around. But I want to play vanilla first with at least several characters. Just found it quite strange that the stun duration would be that long. 40+ seconds of complete paralysis seems a bit overkill. As I have ruled out using the jump in normal combat because of that, I'm keeping it at a very low level and just use it to bounce quickly around the map. Even ignores rooting spells from enemies. Who needs mounts anyway :D

Edited by idbeholdME
  • 1 month later...

As per the edit in the initial post, the stun duration seems to have settled at about 5 seconds (did not change from Platinum). Also, the CA level seems to increase the stun range.

Currently using Stomping Jump spam to farm Valley of Tears on Niobium (the only way to fight Cerebropods is to perma-stun them). This made me revive the thread because I have an additional question about this CA.

Is it normal, that Stomping Jump usually does its damage multiple times? Sometimes it hits enemies once, sometimes twice and sometimes even like 5 or 6 times. Seems that the bigger the enemy is, the higher the chance of multiple damage procs. Just asking if that was always the case or something is buggy in my game.

Edited by idbeholdME
5 hours ago, RuDDicK said:

Leaps towards a target, dealing damage and stunning nearby enemies. Deals an additional hit to the primary target for each enemy near it. Example: there are 11 enemies, you jump on one enemy, he gets 11 hits. Sometimes not all damage numbers are displayed visually, but the damage is inflicted.

Wow, that's actually exactly it. The number of damage instances = 1 + the number of enemies within the stun radius. Just tried it and it checks out. Lone enemies only take the damage once and when there are say 3 enemies around the main one, it takes the damage 4 times. Had no idea it worked that way until now :D

That might actually be a reason to level up Stomping Jump a bit more to increase the stun radius. This CA has already been top tier with the guaranteed stun on pretty much anything, mobility and the ability to ignore immobilizing spells, but this bumps it up even further.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1
  • 11 months later...

Wow, how on Earth did I miss this topic? This is great news people, I always wanted to do Gladi, but I'm really afraid of melee builds. All of my melee chars got murdered pretty fast, but like this, maybe even I have a chance! Thanks for the advice!

• Like! 1