Ikariam Game

Gameforge's latest (I think) bowser game: www.ikariam.org

Have only set up an account in server 3 (Gamma IIRC) & am, as per, building stuff.

Edit: After a small brainwave, I've put the locations on our Alliance Internal page...

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not animated, not got particularly far, but here are some of their pic's:

http://www.ikariam.org/tour_step1.php

I've got one colony/city, have upgraded the Town Hall to level 3 (can support more slaves, er, citizens), built an academy (level 2 -> more researchers) & a Barracks (no soldiers yet though, as I'm running low on resources).

Llama8

Llamacentral

XX:XX

Am busy upgrading things, I've built an Academy (research, currently lvl3, will be upgraded when I have the res after finishing my Town Centre upgrade), Barracks (soldiers, lvl2), Warehouse (increased storeage & prevents a small amount of stuff from being raided, lvl2), Trading Port (sending/receiving stuff, I think, lvl1).

Research:

Economic - lvl3 (Wealth)

Scientific - lvl2 (Paper)

Seafaring - lvl0 (will go up to lvl3 to be able to build other colonies asap)

Military - researching lvl1

Think this may be fun... only needs a few minutes every couple of hours to keep things on course... actions can take anywhere from a few minutes to a number of hours to complete (like upgrading a building or doing research), so can go away and come back later.

Edit: Llama and I both have crystal on our islands. If anyone is in Gamma, let us know what resource is on your island (like vines, crystal, marble or sulphur) and we'll see what sort of trading alliance we can work out.

Edited by masteff

ok I have an account on gamma

Wankers

Wankerville (lol)

dont know anything about the game yet but so far I know my island has ... ummm welll wood lol

*edit*

as I examined the island closer it appears to have some vines growing by the wood ..... it's almost impossoble to not sound perverted lmao

*edit #2*

coordinates are XX:XX

Edited by myles
ok I have an account on gamma

Wankers

Wankerville (lol)

dont know anything about the game yet but so far I know my island has ... ummm welll wood lol

*edit*

as I examined the island closer it appears to have some vines growing by the wood ..... it's almost impossoble to not sound perverted lmao

*edit #2*

coordinates are XX:XX

Cool, now we need to find somewhere/someone with Marble. I've got a lvl4 Town Centre now & have started researching Expansion (have got enough boffin-minions to get it done in a smidge under 24hrs, gold reserves be damned!).

I've also sent out two raids with some Slingers & they both lost 1 Slinger each (Slingers seem to suck) & brought back an average of slightly over 40 wood each (the cost for 1 Slinger). I think I might wait till I've got Swordsmen before doing more raiding.

hmmm well I still dont know exactly what I should be doing but I've built a research center type thingy and have now started upgrading to level 2 for my city

Wankers, I sent you a reply in game... I'll post the bulk of it here in case anyone else decides to play and wants the quick start suggestions I gave you.

First step is send max workers to the saw mill.

Next start building an academy.

After academy is built, recall all workers from mill, assign max workers to academy and then put just enough workers at saw mill so net gold is about zero. (Research should be on economy first until you complete "wealth")

Start upgrading academy to level 3 to accelerate research, keep # of researchers maxed.

Adjust number of workers at saw mill to keep net gold near zero.

Then upgrade town center to level 3.

At some point you'll want a barracks and some slingers (haven't figured out the whole warfare and pillaging thing; Llama's done more w/ it than I have, and from his results it sounds like you mainly need them for defense at first).

I'll work towards making embassies, which will let us start an alliance.

As Wankers has the only vines so far (and I'm guess we need vines to make wine) then Wankers will be in charge of getting wine production going.

Llama and I will work towards getting a couple colonies so we can get a foothold on islands with marble and sulphur (need marble for certain buildings and need sulphur for higher level combat units).

hmmm well I still dont know exactly what I should be doing but I've built a research center type thingy and have now started upgrading to level 2 for my city

Wankers, I sent you a reply in game... I'll post the bulk of it here in case anyone else decides to play and wants the quick start suggestions I gave you.

First step is send max workers to the saw mill.

Next start building an academy.

After academy is built, recall all workers from mill, assign max workers to academy and then put just enough workers at saw mill so net gold is about zero. (Research should be on economy first until you complete "wealth")

Start upgrading academy to level 3 to accelerate research, keep # of researchers maxed.

Adjust number of workers at saw mill to keep net gold near zero.

Then upgrade town center to level 3.

At some point you'll want a barracks and some slingers (haven't figured out the whole warfare and pillaging thing; Llama's done more w/ it than I have, and from his results it sounds like you mainly need them for defense at first).

I'll work towards making embassies, which will let us start an alliance.

As Wankers has the only vines so far (and I'm guess we need vines to make wine) then Wankers will be in charge of getting wine production going.

Llama and I will work towards getting a couple colonies so we can get a foothold on islands with marble and sulphur (need marble for certain buildings and need sulphur for higher level combat units).

Personally I'd research Well Digging (+50 housing & happiness in the capital) asap, I also wouldn't remove any workers from the sawmill, as you're always going to be needing more wood & you won't need to worry about gold for some time (plus the pop growth rate seems to be a fair bit higher than it says). Overnight I can rake in a fair bit of gold.

I am probably going to switch over to well digging after I get done with the pulley .... I am currently losing 66 gold every hour so I can speed up my research and get enough wood to make my research center a level 3 in about 1.5 hours or so :Just_Cuz_21:

Technologies:

Sea Faring:

Deck Weapons - build Ballista Ships

Ship Maintenance - 2% less upkeep for ships

Expansion - build Palaces (-> found new colonies)

Foreign Cultures - build Embassies

Pitch - 4% less upkeep for ships

Greek Fire - build Flame Ships

Counterweight - build Catapult-ships

Diplomacy - Military Treaties (I think this allows you to station your units in an ally's town for defensive & offensive purposes)

Sea Charts - 8% less upkeep for ships

Paddle Wheel Engine - build Steam Ram ships

Mortar Attachment - build Mortar Ships

Seafaring Future - ?

Economy:

Conservation - build Warehouses (more storeage space for res, prevents a small amount of this from being stolen in raids)

Pulley - 2% less building cost

Wealth - mine trading goods (sulphur, wine, crystal, marble) & build Trading Posts

Wine Press - build Taverns (converts wine into happy population, per hour)

Culinary Specialities - train Chefs (improve unit morale)

Geometry - 4% less building cost

Market - allows Trade Agreements

Holiday - increases Satisfaction in towns

Helping Hands - allows Overloading of research & mining (-> more research/res)

Spirit Level - 8% less building cost

Bureaucracy - more building space in towns

Utopia - ?

Economy Future - ?

Science:

Well Digging - +50 Housing & +50 Satisfaction

Paper - +2% research

Espionage - build Hideouts (-> spying)

Invention - build Workshops (-> unit improvements)

Ink - +4% research

Cultural Exchange - build Museums (-> increase Satisfaction per cultural item exchanged)

Anatomy - build Doctors (units less likely to die in battle)

Glass - use glass to accelerate research (?)

Mechanical Pen - +8% more research

Bird´s Flight - build Gyrocopter

Letter Chute - -1 Gold upkeep per scientist(!)

Pressure Chamber - build Diving Boat

The Archimedic Principle - build Bombardier

Knowledge Future - ?

Military:

Dry-Dock - build Shipyards 9 (-> allows you to build warships)

Maps - 2% less upkeep for soldiers

Professional Army - build Swordsmen & Phalanxes

Siege - build Battering Rams (can cause a breach in a city wall, makes things easier during combat)

Code of Honour - 4% less upkeep

Ballistics - build Archers

Law of the Lever - build Catapults

Governor - allows Occupation (resources from enemy city used by your cities)

Logistics - 8% less upkeep for soldiers

Gunpowder - build Marksmen

Robotics - build Steam Giants

Canon Casting - build Mortars

Military Future - ?

Buildings:

Town hall - the centre of a town, improving it gives more living space

Academy - research is done here, improving it allows you to assign more boffins

Barracks - build gound units, improving it allows you to build things faster. Higher level units require higher level Barracks

Trading port - allows you to hire ships (for transporting everything) & send/receive traders (which are normal ships), improving it increases loading speed

Shipyard - allows you to build warships, improving it allows you to build things faster. Higher level units require higher level Shipyard

Warehouse - increases storeage & protects some resources from pillaging enemy soldiers

Town wall - protects your town from invaders, each level gives +10% bonus to defenders

Tavern - allows you to convert wine into happy (drunk) people, improving Satisfaction, improving it increases Satisfaction bonus & wine throughput

Museum - improves Satisfaction through the display of foreign muck, er, cultural goods, improving it allows you to display more stuff

Palace - allows you to build new colonies, improving it allows you to build another new colony

Embassy - gives Diplomacy points (used for all forms of diplomatic treaty), level 3 required for creating an alliance, improving it increases Diplomatic Points by +1 (when you cancel a treaty you get the points you spent on it back)

Trading post - allows you to trade with other players, improving it increases the amount of each resource you can trade in any one go (and range apparently)

Workshop - allows you to build improvements for your units (3 levels per unit, offensive & defensive), not sure what higher levels do

Hideout - allows you to hire spies, more levels = more spies

...................and also anyone else who joins in the game ;-)

resisting temptation to start yet another game..................resisting.......resisting....... :Just_Cuz_21:

stubbs

...................and also anyone else who joins in the game ;-)

resisting temptation to start yet another game..................resisting.......resisting....... :Just_Cuz_21:

stubbs

resistance is futile!

I also hear that Lama8 will give a really nice gift to you if you join stubbie :P