Happy new year everyone, I got Sacred from cdkeys last week, and I am back in the game after 5 years or so. I am usually a total war modder, but I also know how to use item editor in sacred underworld. I got 2 questions. I swear 5 years ago I managed to find somewhere a tool that lets edit sacred bin files? Files where I can edit monster experience, monster HP, monster loot? I believe it was a German tool, does anybody have an idea about it? 

My second question is about trading skill. I know it improves shop, but what do numbers in ( ) mean ? I thought they sell for the number in ( ) but it's always same amount that is sold. For example, sword sell price is 5000 gold, but in ( ) it says (15000) I thought that item will be sold for 15000 but it is sold for 5000, so what is the point of numbers there? 

Cheers 

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, xInquisitor1961x said:

My second question is about trading skill. I know it improves shop, but what do numbers in ( ) mean ? I thought they sell for the number in ( ) but it's always same amount that is sold. For example, sword sell price is 5000 gold, but in ( ) it says (15000) I thought that item will be sold for 15000 but it is sold for 5000, so what is the point of numbers there?

I dont think Trading work for prices ,neither do the charisma(the overlookers tested the charisma before 215 atribute points and after,the same price)the only benefit trading brings I believe is better loot in shops,if you have enough patience ,you can get a lot of good stuffs from trading :D

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, xInquisitor1961x said:

Happy new year everyone, I got Sacred from cdkeys last week, and I am back in the game after 5 years or so. I am usually a total war modde

Happy New Year and well met xInquisitor1961x, welcome to our lovely Sacred forums!

Even after five years away this game's charms have draw^^

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, SupremeJoker said:

I dont think Trading work for prices ,neither do the charisma(the overlookers tested the charisma before 215 atribute points and after,the same price)the only benefit trading brings I believe is better loot in shops,if you have enough patience ,you can get a lot of good stuffs from trading :D

Official text ingame says "this skill reduces purchase prices and increases sale prices". Also, does no one really know what do numbers in " (58298)" mean ? 

image_2022-01-08_005456.png

2 hours ago, xInquisitor1961x said:

Official text ingame says "this skill reduces purchase prices and increases sale prices". Also, does no one really know what do numbers in " (58298)" mean ? 

image_2022-01-08_005456.png

It is the true value of the item and the max possible price a trader is willing to pay. You can get close to it by pumping trading to the max.

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, xInquisitor1961x said:

Happy new year everyone, I got Sacred from cdkeys last week, and I am back in the game after 5 years or so. I am usually a total war modder, but I also know how to use item editor in sacred underworld. I got 2 questions. I swear 5 years ago I managed to find somewhere a tool that lets edit sacred bin files? Files where I can edit monster experience, monster HP, monster loot? I believe it was a German tool, does anybody have an idea about it? 

You mean most likely the tools from Sacredvault.org, which is down. But there is still a good chance to get your hands on them.
The avatar zerisius who can be found frequently on gog and steam can surelyhelp since his team made a mod back in the day. It is not very popular though,I even doubt that people are aware of it. However.  Since balancing is your primary intention, you must ask yourself if it makes sense. OLKs are doing it already since a few years now and are quite successful with it.
So your rivalling project would go under most likely, if you do not quit in frustration before. No offense.

For me personally there are two ways of modding: Carnival and orchestra. Carnival means that everbody does what he wants depending on his current mood and creativity. It is like a huge bucket full of confetti. The result is not only a vast variation of mods in the best case, but also some hefty amount of chaos. Mods do not fit together, bump each other out of the way, overwrite
each others content, leaving a total mess.
Orchestra means that modders work at least roughly coordinated in the same direction. With the result that released mods strengthen each other and increase the gaming experience for the player. Variant two is what I wouldsuggest. The game is a huge construction site, every helping hand is welcome.

• Thanks! 1
7 hours ago, Dax said:

It is the true value of the item and the max possible price a trader is willing to pay. You can get close to it by pumping trading to the max.

Ok so sell price is always somewhere between ? I have trading on my player level, so I assume its higher.

4 hours ago, Dax said:

You mean most likely the tools from Sacredvault.org, which is down. But there is still a good chance to get your hands on them.
The avatar zerisius who can be found frequently on gog and steam can surelyhelp since his team made a mod back in the day. It is not very popular though,I even doubt that people are aware of it. However.  Since balancing is your primary intention, you must ask yourself if it makes sense. OLKs are doing it already since a few years now and are quite successful with it.
So your rivalling project would go under most likely, if you do not quit in frustration before. No offense.

For me personally there are two ways of modding: Carnival and orchestra. Carnival means that everbody does what he wants depending on his current mood and creativity. It is like a huge bucket full of confetti. The result is not only a vast variation of mods in the best case, but also some hefty amount of chaos. Mods do not fit together, bump each other out of the way, overwrite
each others content, leaving a total mess.
Orchestra means that modders work at least roughly coordinated in the same direction. With the result that released mods strengthen each other and increase the gaming experience for the player. Variant two is what I wouldsuggest. The game is a huge construction site, every helping hand is welcome.

Dont get me wrong, I am doing mods for myself LOL, I did the same with total war, then I decided to share my work. I play Sacred in a rather different way ;) 
Thanks for the info though! 
How I play... xD ( this is word file on my second monitor) 

"

Sacred Underworld NL Settings

Start with nothing. All items used must be manually crafted using Sacred Item Editor.

Gain equipment by killing enemies and then when you find suitable armor or weapon, grab it, reset it's values to 0 and edit is using Item editor.

Set items keep their ID but all values are on 0, then they need to be upgraded.

1 Book gives 1 skill and 1 attribute point.

From levels 1 - 25 1 SKILL or 1 ATT POINT = 50K gold.

From levels 25 - 50 1 SKILL or 1 ATT POINT = 100K gold.

From levels 50 - 75 1 SKILL or 1 ATT POINT = 200K gold.

From levels 75+ 1 SKILL or 1 ATT POINT = 250K gold.

Sockets:

1 Bronze socket = 50k gold

1 Silver socket = 100k gold

1 gold socket = 150k gold

1 green socket = 200k gold

Removing Socket = 50k gold cost

UPGRADE COST:

15K GOLD +1 WHITE EFFECT (FIRE/POISON/PHYSICAL/MAGIC) DMG OR ARMOR.

25K GOLD +1 BLUE EFFECT

50K GOLD +1 GOLDEN EFFECT

25K GOLD +1 DAMAGE OR ARMOR

25K GOLD +1 ATTACK OR DEFENSE

30k GOLD +1 „Weapon dmg „+% attribute“

( UNTIL & DURING LEVEL 5, +1 DAMAGE COST IS 5000 GOLD )

COMBAT ARTS COST:

5000 GOLD COST FOR LEVELS 1-10.

25000 GOLD COST FOR LEVELS 10-25.

50000 GOLD COST FOR LEVELS 25-50.

100K GOLD COST FOR LEVELS 50+

PLAY ON BRONZE DIFFICULTY ONLY ALLOWED UNTIL LEVEL 5 !!!

GOLD BEFORE UPGRADING: 4 684 428

GOLD AFTER UPGRADING: 4 684 428 – 2 400 000 (+96 defenseim) =  2,284,428 – 250k (+5 find aditional potions) – 2 000 000 (+40% wounds increase dmg dealt) = 34428

FOR VAMPIRESS: WOLF MUST BE UNDER PLAYER LEVEL"

LOL

Correct. The amount of money you make rises as soon as your trading skill increases. Learned or item-boosted does not make any difference.

Speaking of your balancing project, well, if you do it just for yourself then go on, but I can tell you that your new rules wont hit the taste of many players in case of an release. Why is that? I think that Sacred was so successful because it did not enforce the rules at all costs. The player was allowed to bend them, if he knew how to do it. Brutally tightening restraints,lets call it, being a roleplay nazi, will cause players to abandon the mod. Which means it all was futile. Many, many hours for nothing. I assume that was not the intention.

What about cooperating with OLKs and the guy from Sacred NL? Both have great ideas and I always wondered why they did not team up. What I can say is that OLKs are listening to the fans and are open for ideas. Of course they go their own way, so some suggestions will find an audience, some not. Start there, it will surely pay.

Work together, turn the whole mod into something players can enjoy.

Edited by Dax
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, SupremeJoker said:

At first I was like:
VUT? Sometimes I wonder whether the OLKs play a different game than me. It was the same thing with enemy resistances, they found that it doesn't matter but in my game it has a huge impact and now they found that trading doesn't change prices but on my game it does?. :huh:

1 hour ago, SupremeJoker said:

here is the test,use google translate extension to understand it 

https://vk.com/@overlookers-harakteristiki-v-sacred

But now I see what's going on, at least for trading. It doesn't decrease purchase prizes but it does increase sell prizes. OLKs were only talking about purchase, not sell because that's what the ingame description says.:sweating:

33 minutes ago, Lindor said:

At first I was like:
VUT? Sometimes I wonder whether the OLKs play a different game than me. It was the same thing with enemy resistances, they found that it doesn't matter but in my game it has a huge impact and now they found that trading doesn't change prices but on my game it does?. :huh:

what do you mean ? let me give an example : if you are 216 with 95% survival bonus ,the dragon will have 234 level,the only thing that will help against him(I am talking for every sacred version:reborn.veteran,vanilla etc...)is poison ressitence (specially veteran mode ,were all the bosses have huge poison damage)the other's won t matter ,another thing ,the ressitences help against fire dragon for example ,yeah that's true ,but not against mele damage,you can have 1k ressistence or 1kkk doesn't matter,the dragon will hit with 17659 dmg per hit ,doesnt matter how much ressitence you have,I believe that's what Overlooker's said ,not just that,I ve tested this things myself,you can try it out yourself too and you will see.

Edited by SupremeJoker