[HC] Dual Wield / Revered Technology Build

Vishanka

- Level 27 -

It is the most wonderful and amazing of all creatures, the horse.

Early on, the horse made it possible for people to cover long distances and was crucial in winning battles.

No other creature has turned the world upside down and made things possible that would otherwise have been unthinkable.

How else are you supposed to reach areas that were inaccessible. How else are you supposed to glitch your way through the world.

The horse allowed man to travel amazing paths in the past and it should be no different on Ancaria.

b3jcyFp.jpg

Edited by Vishanka
  • Appreciation 1
On 1/21/2022 at 5:42 PM, Vishanka said:

re7kisZ.jpg

- Summary -

Welcome :gogo: This will be a log with a bit of personal RPG for my Seraphim's journey to level 200 in HC Mode.

I don't use mods that affect balance, and I won't download gear.

Additional mods I use are created by myself and are purely and exclusively altered visual elements.

I designed this build a long time ago and never had enough time to play it as much as I wanted to.

Build Details (current)

- Level -

- Combat Arts -

KKQSvHk.png Flaring Nova: Impulse, Stun, Flux

9jSwl6n.png Archangel's Wrath: Salvo, Lock, Vulnerable

Gr16YT7.png  Warding Energy: Field Force

- Stats -

wUWMTAA.gif Intelligence

- Skills -

d0VoF34.gif 26 Revered Technology Lore

aolpiZ4.gif 23 Revered Technology Focus

fk94UHN.gif 1 Ancient Magic

PjE4vWV.gif 1 Combat Discipline

IT1Aeu9.gif 19 Armor Lore

c2eHqNs.gif 4 Toughnesss

s3i5K0J.gif 1 Warding Energy Lore

cKlEdQC.gif 0 Tactics Lore

8DNVlgb.gif 0 Dual Wield

iYF2Asq.gif 0 Concentration

- Gear -

Head: Helmet of the Seraish

Shoulders: Endijian's Pauldron

Arms: Justice of the Celestial

Gloves: Blade Breaker

Chest: Garment of the Celestial

Wings: Endijian's Wings

Belt: Braid of the Celestial

Legs: Fate of the Celestial

Boots: Stride of the Celestial

Ring 1: Magic Damage

Ring 2: Regeneration per Hit

Amulet: Begulor's Sparkles

Weaponslot 1: Optimus Minimus

Weaponslot 2: --

Character Details:

Name: Vishanka

Birth: 19.01.2022

Deity: Lumen

Aspect: Revered Technology

- Intro -

Sister of Light, for a long time we stayed out of world destiny, waiting for our time to lead and guide the world once more. But that day never came.

Dark are the days and darker the thoughts of the citizens. Discord and chaos thrive in the cities, the land ravaged by twisted minds.

The peoples have strayed from the righteous path and they have forgotten the teachings of the old gods. I will lead them back and bring them before their Maker.

The light of Lumen shall pierce the darkness and disintegrate the injustice in this world.

I will find them and destroy them, I will crush the inquisitors and avenge your death.

Si vis pacem, cole iustitiam.

---

That's it, have a seat, have some cookies and coffee and join me on this long and dangerous journey :bow:

This is a carefully tempered and thoughtful vision of a Seraphim, her role and discovery in Ancaria.  Your use of visual buttons for stats, skills and CA's makes the guide  aesthetically pleasing to read and to follow.  Will you be adding list of Ca's chosen per level of advancement? I found that very useful to follow when following guides, as choosing skills is one of the most exciting things in Sacred right.. no g-lbacks! :4rofl: 

Do you have the build available anywhere from previous as a possible download?

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/files/category/5-underworld-builds/

Thanks Vishanka for sharing with the community!

:gogo:

gogo

23 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Will you be adding list of Ca's chosen per level of advancement?

I can add a recommended order for the modifications of Combat Arts, yes, I hope that's what you meant.

The build is not ready yet, it is heavily gear dependent like probably any build in Sacred 2. I don't know yet how many runes I will be able to add to the CAs or how many point's I will allocate exactly to each Skill. I'll find out as I move on to niob. I have a rough idea though.

I was often told back then that a build is no good if it works well at level 200 but can't even get there. Shockwave... uh.. Flaring Nova is said not to have been strong enough to kill higher level mobs on its own, but I know it was doing well even before Ancient Magic became available to the Seraphim.

I know she can do it and that it's very enjoyable and fun too.

--

I've reached level 30 by following the MSQ and will try to find some Endijian armor to boost my damage before glitching through the ocean into the jungle where I'll probably do most of my leveling when I'm not exploring the world.

In the beginning Archangel's Wrath did most of the work but my Regenerationtime is now low enough that Flaring Nova took over for normal mobs.

7YgMlOjl.jpg

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to [HC] Dual Wield / Revered Technology Build
2 hours ago, Vishanka said:

I can add a recommended order for the modifications of Combat Arts, yes, I hope that's what you meant.

Ayuh! I found that when guide builders put that in its truly helpful when you're at one of the most critical points in the game, having to choose :eek:  I remember spending hours and hours reading and going through loads of posts on the Sacred International Forum to make sure my timing in my leveling was good for the choice...its one of the most thrilling aspects of this game IMO... 

2 hours ago, Vishanka said:

In the beginning Archangel's Wrath did most of the work but my Regenerationtime is now low enough that Flaring Nova took over for normal mobs.

7YgMlOjl.jpg

Adore this part of a build...when the timing is perhaps aided by a significantly lucky drop that just *CLICKS*  a CA's timing into place

:drool:

gogo

A few words about "trading".
Do I need a trader?

I would definitely say yes. Later in the game, %Lifeleech weapons and also various jewelry from the shops become extremely important. Even if you can get all this without trading, trading will speed it up enormously.

I would always recommend building up a merchant character sooner or later. You'll need it for almost every build you'll ever want to use, and you only need to build the trader once. It can supply any character.

I do not want to have trading on my main character(s) though. It would be possible for this build if one dropped Dual Wield but I enjoy the Dual Wield Aspect, it will become stronger than any tradeoff.

For a trader I recommend a class with high kill speed so that it can level up smoothly. I usually use the Dryad.

I still have not found any more Endijian Armor except for 2 pieces I found early in the game.

But I got a full revelation of the Seraphim Armor for another Seraphim Build I'm playing.

This one is doing fine nevertheless. She's dealing good damage and has amazing kill speed.

I found a sword with %LL on it that can mow down the bosses.

kIaBJgU.png

I forged hitchance in almost every available slot. The Flaring Nova doesn't need any help just yet, and having a reliable Archangel's Wrath is invaluable.

She's level 35 right now.

Armor is up to 1000 and I just got Tactics Lore to enhance the range of Assailing Somersault.

• Like! 1
39 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Your build is sound! Keep up the good work, Vishanka.

I'm working on it :)
I was playing two other Seraphim with Celestial Magic, one is a Trader and the other one a hybrid and just for fun (might present that build as well someday, I do not like it as much, Celestial Magic was never 'my' playstyle), and it bugged me that the Radiant Pillar is just faster, more convenient and versatile than the Flaring Nova.

So I thought how can I speed things up with the Nova and make it more fun, and I have an idea but to show it I will need some more levels.

The low levels are chewy with any build (except for Radiant Pillar, it just sucks in thousands of mobs and kills anything from the very beginning and you just run around and never die...)

Edited by Vishanka

I had given up the trader slot as a choice I think about a month into the game... Schot had started developing his Trading Builds, a whole bunch of traders set up along different levels that did the shopping for whatever your level at that time needed.

I especially loved shopping with shopping outfits

:D

gogo

That's some nice footage, Vishanka. I am looking forward to your final determination as to what build advice you recommend. I have made a build that got my Seraphim to level 200, but it didn't look nearly as fun as yours! Your video makes me want to star another Seraphim soon!

I posted some videos of my "Devastating and Survivable" High Elf build if you care to watch amongst the other videos posted here . I encourage you to post yours there as well. Keep up the great work!

12 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I had given up the trader slot as a choice I think about a month into the game... Schot had started developing his Trading Builds, a whole bunch of traders set up along different levels that did the shopping for whatever your level at that time needed.

I especially loved shopping with shopping outfits

:D

gogo

@gogoblender I used a team of High Elf Shoppers, staggered at every tenth level and a Level 200 Shadow Warrior to help equip my High Elf with the best jewelry.

So I actually want to try to play her with the Flaring Nova "Expand" modification.

I'm not sure if that will be enough damage in the end.
But maybe if 2 novas are enough to kill everything if could actually be faster. The mobs tend to run out of the smaller radius and I sometimes need more novas that way. Maybe with the expanded radius that could be avoided.

• Like! 1
13 hours ago, Vishanka said:

So I actually want to try to play her with the Flaring Nova "Expand" modification.

I'm not sure if that will be enough damage in the end.
But maybe if 2 novas are enough to kill everything if could actually be faster. The mobs tend to run out of the smaller radius and I sometimes need more novas that way. Maybe with the expanded radius that could be avoided.

I remember building out for the CA's... intensity vs regen speed.  Sacred's interpretation of CA's this way was addictive and compelling.  

Course, for me, spamming little dots of righteous white all over the screen was the draw

You shall find your way :lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

I still don't have a plan what to pick instead of Warding Energy Lore.

If I do not pick Concentration I could add Celestial Magic Lore and Focus. But I'm pretty sure I will need it to reduce my Regeneration Time.

Enhanced Perception would be an option. Since everything always requires gear for anything a bit more magic find could not hurt.

Then there would be Exalted Warrior Focus, but I'm not sure what to do with it. I don't think I would ever pick that for anything.

And last but not least Speed Lore for the Attack Rating Bonus and enhanced Run Speed. That could save one or two valuable Ring Slots later.

I also could keep Warding Energy Lore at lv 1. It would provide enough Shield Energy without investing any more points into it, and then just allocate the points somewhere else.

But I don't think I will need more shield energy.

Edited by Vishanka
15 hours ago, Vishanka said:

By reaching level 50 I finally got my Dual Wield and I'm running half-undressed through the jungle. But I don't need armor because I have Divine Protection. Just kidding, the defense isn't too great at the moment but it's not a problem either. I mostly still wear level 15 armor and need to replace some of it soon.

Divine Protection is my main defense and I put every rune into it. At the moment it's level 42 and has a downtime of 15 seconds. That downtime will disappear sooner or later.

XFyVF5o.png

And just a video for the beautiful jungle weather

love that action shot

captured lots of enemies, a sharp-looking weapon and her CA in action

I LOVED trying to get great shots like you just put up of my Dryad in action with the blow pipe

The video is also amazing.. i NEVER had weather and blowing leaves on in the day, but you have them running so smoothly!!

:)

gogo

Laying waste to the Seraphim Island. I need to finish the campaign soon. Enemies in many regions no longer scale with my level.

My survival bonus is now over 60% and she's constantly complaining about the enemies being too high level already.
Defense is still quite low, Divine Protection needs more runes and I need new Setitems.

2jviXze.png

8 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Love that you're taking pix zoomed in like that

You can shift the caption left and right by opening the interface windows :) I always wished there would be a mod that would adjust the center in general.

9QmBumLl.png

Level 57 and clearing the desert. Still doing very well. Still haven't found new armor.

Doing some questing, got some Setitems but not for the Seraphim :)

o1jHGh4.png

Edited by Vishanka

I finished the silver campaign a few days ago and now I'm questing heavily to finally find some replacement for my gear.

I'm probably looking for most pieces of Megalcarwens Set, Endijian's Wings and the Damage Mitigation Pieces from Revelation of the Seraphim Set.

4 hours ago, Vishanka said:

I finished the silver campaign a few days ago and now I'm questing heavily to finally find some replacement for my gear.

I'm probably looking for most pieces of Megalcarwens Set, Endijian's Wings and the Damage Mitigation Pieces from Revelation of the Seraphim Set.

Vishanka, I wish the Mutation Sets would drop more often. It's that the weighted levels are set so disproportionately high they are not merely Legendary, they classify more as "Mythical." I have had only one drop so far. However, I found something that works. Velaria's Garment offers plenty of protection and Glacial Defender offers a degree of Damage Mitigation, extended Combat Art Range, and Ice Armor. My High Elf is now at Level 75 Gold and I'm going to push through the Main Quest to reach Platinum.

There are set pieces for the Seraphim that offer Damage Mitigation and with Bargaining (or a Shopper) merchants offer other pieces with Damage Mitigation as well. Eventually the Seraphim may reach 100% Damage Mitigation. I hope that helps a bit. My High Elf is now at Level 75 Gold and I'm going to push through the Main Quest to reach Platinum.

High Elf In Griffinborough.jpg