Vishankas Mod corner

It just occurred to me that might have sounded like some smart-ass criticism of the look, but I was just wondering if you had invented any lore for the design.  :sweating:

• Like! 1

24 minutes ago, Flix said:

It just occurred to me that might have sounded like some smart-ass criticism of the look

It's all good, I actually replied and just forgot to send it :whistle::D

On 7/25/2022 at 11:34 PM, Flix said:

What burned her? Dragonfire?

Probably Xanthiar :D have been burnt to a crisp by him a few times...

26 minutes ago, Flix said:

but I was just wondering if you had invented any lore for the design.  :sweating:

More or less, actually.

I have a bit of lore for my Seraphim, but in general I'm just a fan of customization options, and here I can just draw whatever I want on her...
Maybe one day I'll make a few downloadable options with the original face and the red lips, but admittedly it's a bit tricky with all the armor that includes the skin... Due to that I have not done a real skin mod yet since it's so complicated to change all the armor pieces as well... Even if I just change the face there's the mystque and ancient helmet :oooo:

Haven't you done a mod that takes care of that issue or is that Enhanced Edition only or something else?

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

After wearing black for quite a while I wanted to try something with white.

Quick and dirty but maybe I'll complete that some day, liked it a bit :)

poTkual.png

• Like! 1
5 minutes ago, Vishanka said:

After wearing black for quite a while I wanted to try something with white.

Quick and dirty but maybe I'll complete that some day, liked it a bit :)

poTkual.png

dusky surface

looks like soft pewter

:thumbsup:

gogo

• Like! 1
On 7/26/2022 at 6:43 PM, Vishanka said:

I have a bit of lore for my Seraphim, but in general I'm just a fan of customization options, and here I can just draw whatever I want on her...

Just because I've fallen in love with Mythic Quest because of (Damn hiM :butcher: ... ) Schot :viking:

I've found myself becoming drawn to the life and super powers of creatives :lol: ... may I ask... when you say draw...what exactly do you mean... are you actually drawing something like on a tablet by hand, or do you use mouse and then *draw* it onto the screen?

Inquiring minds wanna know

:lol:

gogo

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, Vishanka said:

Yes please :wow:!!! It was so difficult to draw the same face on Mystique helmet and I don't use other armor because I don't want to draw my customizations on it :D

Both, sometimes it's easier to use the mouse but usually I'm using my tablet. Most of the things I draw in SAI (with tablet) and then import them to GIMP, but GIMP has no pressure sensor for the pencil so I use there whatever is easier in that moment.

wSAAkXk.jpg

I was messing around with more colors, I'll show that quickly but that just made me have an idea

ILDGFvF.pngN75z5Ij.png

I was thinking about Abdil, Astrala and Uriel sets from Sacred 1, maybe I could do some recolors in that direction?
But that's it for today, nighttime's calling.

It probably looks even better with these amber colors, especially eyes. Gives some feeling of chaotic energy that flows through her. And at the same time not a complete dark-seraph-like :explode:

I do not claim to know what I'm doing but brute forcing the texture I was able to change the color of the vial thing on the belt and still have an acceptable look... now I'm fully equipped to do niokaste recolors :D blue be gone!

qbKIv8z.png pzk4CMH.png

• Like! 1

iAHcs1Y.png

And Archangel's wrath. Those are no final colors, I'm just searching for the correct files and apply any color.

If someone wants to change something themselves:
Nova: 

hq\fx\gradients\gradient21.dds

mq\physix\z_pebble-glow-blue_d.dds

Archangel's Wrath:

hq\lensflares\6streak.jpg

hq\particles\multi\multi_se_schwertfeuer.dds

One glow for nova is missing still.

• Like! 1

Looks cool.  Do bear in mind many colors are generic and are applied to multiple FX across different combat arts.  So you may end up recoloring unexpected spells.  This may not matter depending on where your interests lie.

• Like! 1
15 minutes ago, Flix said:

Looks cool.  Do bear in mind many colors are generic and are applied to multiple FX across different combat arts.  So you may end up recoloring unexpected spells.  This may not matter depending on where your interests lie.

Thank you for the advice, yes that might happen.

I'm sure temple guardian also uses the blue physX pebbles. Or radiant pillar but that's very fitting; I'd like to do some kind of heavenly light celesial mod all yellow and white like the light incarnate :lol:

But I don't really mind, when I switch character I do different mods :)

If there should be any demand to upload any of what I will create the next time I might include it in the information text that it might be a good idea to disable the mod when switchting characters to not have weird colors on them.

--

I found the last second last file

scripts\particle\fx_se_schockwelle.particle :lol:

only one blueish glow left

IRMYYzA.png

12 hours ago, Vishanka said:

iAHcs1Y.png

And Archangel's wrath. Those are no final colors, I'm just searching for the correct files and apply any color.

If someone wants to change something themselves:
Nova: 

hq\fx\gradients\gradient21.dds

mq\physix\z_pebble-glow-blue_d.dds

Archangel's Wrath:

hq\lensflares\6streak.jpg

hq\particles\multi\multi_se_schwertfeuer.dds

One glow for nova is missing still.

Archangel was always one of my faves...at least for the first few seconds I played it. :lol: It just seemed to fizzle out... who dont like ai guided rocket fire with smokey trails! I somehow never got it up to boss kill level, that and fireballs..it bugged me that this game, which was supposed to be nigh-sandbox...just...fizzled...lol at least on this CA ...hahah for me... who knows...maybe I just needed some guidance or nicer colors^^

Here's to you getting great results, and a gooooooo morning from 5 10 am here in Montreal!

:dance2:

gogo

Nothing serious yet but I was in the mood to "unpolish" her armor...

Was kind of testing around to make silver armor look more interesting, with the light and shadow and glow and stuff...

I don't really like the metal shader so I don't use it.

I think when done properly it will not even look half bad:)

bcLJRRW.png

12 hours ago, Vishanka said:

Nothing serious yet but I was in the mood to "unpolish" her armor...

Was kind of testing around to make silver armor look more interesting, with the light and shadow and glow and stuff...

I don't really like the metal shader so I don't use it.

I think when done properly it will not even look half bad:)

bcLJRRW.png

I like it .. off hand quickly reminds me of rune etchings.. we were watching some scenes from lord of the rings last night, remember how those etchings on the ring and door leading into Moria softly lit up... I think the traceries add new value to the metal pieces

il_794xN.1494611595_mcz2.webp

I believe a lot of old silver pieces have this kind of background.. in fact, I may have a silver belt buckle that my aunt bought for me in Sri Lanka when I was a kid that may have that type of background etchings

See all the memories you've evoked with art

:)

gogo

Not really busy in quarantine so I  wasted my time doing my fingernails and hers too :4rofl:

4QXOGyi.png

Edit: I actually like it, it's even visible when I don't clip the camera to close distance :lol:

dz5wBCS.png

Edited by Vishanka
  • Like! 1
On 8/16/2022 at 12:10 PM, Vishanka said:

Not really busy in quarantine so I  wasted my time doing my fingernails and hers too :4rofl:

4QXOGyi.png

Edit: I actually like it, it's even visible when I don't clip the camera to close distance :lol:

dz5wBCS.png

Honestly did not think that we would be able to see the nails… But you did a good job and they are distinct and make a difference I like it

😄

gogo

17 hours ago, Vishanka said:

So the last few days my PC completely broke down after 8 long years...
New graphics card, Windows reinstallation, new hard drives, new power supply, new peripherals... ram was replaced a month ago... recently 2 of 4 case fans broke.. but I think I'm ready and fixed everything and the mods can continue :moil:

I needed to do something with the dryad and based the makeup on the mod that already someone did but I wanted her to look more... sinister.

drew the whole face new and did a full face contouring like the beauty guru girls on youtube and I like it much :smile:

7wnpyu4.png

Darkened the eyes a bit and added light reflections. She's going for voodoo of course <3

VOx2ftZ.png

I never had a Voodoo get high level, though I loved its mechanics and the beautiful tattoos on her pet. You redrew the face?  :thumbsup: If you're looking for sinister, she does look like she's about to put us into a pot of stew :lol: ... nice work on the road to evil :devil: ...  do you have a before/after frame?

gogo

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I never had a Voodoo get high level, though I loved its mechanics and the beautiful tattoos on her pet. You redrew the face?  :thumbsup: If you're looking for sinister, she does look like she's about to put us into a pot of stew :lol: ... nice work on the road to evil :devil: ...  do you have a before/after frame?

gogo

ps and SCORE on all those upgrades!!  There's nothing more fab then getting to sit down and feeling empowered... did you get a new card too? I could be in need of one but Schot says that prices are so huge these days for them

whats new eh

:lol:

gogo