Vishankas Mod corner

I walked into the first village and my brain suddenly was like.... winx club and then there was no escape from making her awfully cheesy

that might become my personal frost queen or something hahaha

as always my own might get a septum piercing, just testing around to add some more for fun

UwUGwYM.png

• Respect! 1
1 hour ago, Vishanka said:

I walked into the first village and my brain suddenly was like.... winx club and then there was no escape from making her awfully cheesy

Even winx club version is far better than the original.. xD 
You did great, as always. 

Some details are just too difficult to work with, especially when there are no actual assets for different parts and flexible space for that..
(I know it sounds weird, just wanted to convey the point xD I'm not a modder after all..). In Witcher 3 for example... There are a lot of salty stuff that simply blocking the scale of mods, comparing to something like Skyrim. That's unfortunate :c

8 minutes ago, gravebreakerlamia said:

Some details are just too difficult to work with, especially when there are no actual assets for different parts and flexible space for that..

The problem is that her mouth is a bit too high and I'm bound by that for the position of her lips, she has that strange grin stuck on her face when idle, she does not do that in any other animation...

Flix if you should read this, I'm missing an animation, high elf, melee, pole arm, there was one where she turns on the spot and hits with the hilt... got it on an old screenshot

pqMOowQ.jpg

any idea why it will not happen anymore?

48 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

(except the jaw)

the jaw would be the issue, if it was possible to remove that brainless grin from her lips it would fix the whole face :D

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Flix said:

Funny enough, the existence of these animations misled people into believing that they were seeing the results of the "Chance for Double Hits" item modifier in action, and were taken as proof that the double hit bonus from weapon mastery actually worked.  In truth, double hits on weapon attacks use the same normal animations, and simply apply the damage twice, while the weapon mastery double hit bonus is just completely broken

How can I bring those animations back? I really liked that one, it was the main reason I wanted to do a melee elf :lol:

Edit: got it, so pretty :wub:

pJLmkMM.jpg

Edited by Vishanka
  • Like! 1

I played the high elf for a while but I'm just not very happy with her skillset...

So I decided to revive the high elf mod for seraphim.

Of course there are some discrepancies especially in the melee tree... I'll try to figure out something to make that work too.

Is someone knowledgable with the spells.txt? I replaced the animation of assailing somersault with teleport(shadow step I guess) and it's working roughly, enemies get damaged where I teleport to. But I had to add spelldamage_physical since the impact would no longer count weapon damage, just the lifeleech on my weapons. I added a value below my actual weapon damage to not make it overpowered... but it does not scale with the weapons that way. If its not possible to resolve I'll just keep it like that, but I'm thinking about turning it into a mod actually and I would be sedated if everything about it was satisfactory and the melee tree playable as well.

Z6PXmAp.png

Is someone knowledgable with the spells.txt?

Post your spell entry that you're having trouble with (using the code function preferably) and I'll take a look.

• Thanks! 1
4 hours ago, Flix said:

Post your spell entry that you're having trouble with (using the code function preferably) and I'll take a look.

I will try around bit more and write a conclusion of what I think the problem is and what could be possible and the way I would like it to be so that you get an idea...

--

it's really much work and I fixed some other combat arts first, and then the dual wield problem :D for my personal use I just disable the weapons and let her look like she would fist fight but that probably won't do for a downloadable mod

I also did something for pelting strikes and reused the double hit animation and edited the execution times in the same ratio as the original of the seraphim. She deals 5 hits with a polearm and even 6 with dual wield; but even if you have to press the button more often with the elf you have neither a nerf nor a buff, at least if you have no cooldown on the melee combat arts.. it wont be perfect but I think this is resolved fairly and still usable if someone really intents to do melee seraphim...elf...
Unless someone has an idea how I can chain two animations in a row for a combat art that's the best solution I could come up with...

Of couse I also tried to use the animation of the seraphim and accidentaly recreated a grunt from amnesia 1 8bb1b7-jj.jpg

but honestly, it didn't perform as bad on the model as I expected it would... unusable nevertheless :lol:

bUFRBRR.png

here a bad quality showcase of some of the spells

Edited by Vishanka
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Flix said:

So, this is the entry, I just copied the teleport FX into it to make up for a missing jump animation.

Ah and I had to change the spell class on the bottom as the teleport would teleport me into the ground sometimes before I did that.

I don't have much clue of these scripts, I'm just brute forcing... :D

I added entry12 for testing - without it the CA wont deal any damage, only lifeleech is counted.

Additionally it got an Area of Effect which should not happen as I did not pick any modifications.

mgr.defineSpell( "se_co_wirbelsprung", {
	eiStateName = "cSpellCast",
	fxTypeCast = "FX_HE_TELEPORT_C",
	fxTypeSpell = "FX_HE_TELEPORT",
	fxTypeCastSpecial = "FX_HE_CAST_M",
	duration = 0.000000,
	animType = "ANIM_TYPE_ATTACKC",
	animTypeApproach = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
	animTypeRide = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
	animTypeSpecial = "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM03-SPECIAL",
	causesSpellDamage = 0,
	tokens = {
		entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 200, 5, 0, 8 },
		entry1 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1000, 4, 0, 9 },
		entry2 = {"et_jumpdistance", 750, 0, 0, 8 },
		entry3 = {"et_baseAW", 200, 350, 0, 5 },
		entry4 = {"et_damage_any_rel", 360, 90, 0, 5 },
		entry5 = {"et_range_area", 400, 0, 0, 4 },
		entry6 = {"et_jumpdistance", 250, 0, 1, 8 },
		entry7 = {"et_cost_thisSpell", 250, 0, 2, 4 },
		entry8 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 200, 0, 3, 9 },
		entry9 = {"et_chance_areasplash", 1000, 0, 4, 5 },
		entry10 = {"et_debuff_movespeed_st", 500, 5, 5, 38 },
		entry11 = {"et_chance_stun", 150, 1, 6, 133 },
		entry12 = {"et_spelldamage_physical", 700, 350, 0, 133 },	
	},
	fightDistance = 525.000000,
	aspect = "EA_SE_COMBAT",
	cooldown = 0.000000,
	soundProfile = 0,
	cost_level = 250,
	cost_base = 500,
	focus_skill_name = "skill_SE_combat_focus",
	lore_skill_name = "skill_tactics_lore",
	spellClass = "cSpellHeTeleport",
	spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_m_attackmove_jump",
	sorting_rank = 3,
})

Here is a video where you can see the problems.

There is a remnant left from the original teleport spell: the teleport duration still decreases the higher the CA level of Assailing Somersault is. It is okay or even desired that the repositioning does not happen immediately because the jump also has its flight time and it's not meant to be a buff for the CA, but it should not be dependent on CA level anymore.

Lastly, weapon damage should be taken into account again.

Maybe that's not possible as I imagine it; if not, I think I'll just take the damage away and just use it as a means of transportation. But it would be awesome if it would work somehow.

The least important thing is the damage after the relocation, I'm not sure if that's possible anyway... maybe with a fixed timer? I read that in addendum the application moment of the nova damage was changed so maybe...?

Edited by Vishanka

Change the eiStateName to "cSMRoundhouse", -- this can be vastly important for the mechanics of a spell to function properly.

Also you need this:

spellClass = "cSpellSMove", -- If you had this before, and it didn't work, it's probably because the eiStateName was not correct.

42 minutes ago, Flix said:

Change the eiStateName to "cSMRoundhouse", -- this can be vastly important for the mechanics of a spell to function properly.

Also you need this:

spellClass = "cSpellSMove", -- If you had this before, and it didn't work, it's probably because the eiStateName was not correct.

Thank you, the function has been restored and it's much better now and I don't sink into the ground - but I'm sliding over the floor to the destination, it looks really funny but it's not a teleport anymore :sweating: do you think there can be done something about that? If not I will try to find an animation that looks good while sliding :3lmao:

Edited by Vishanka
5 hours ago, Vishanka said:

I'm sliding over the floor to the destination, it looks really funny

Hm, try ANIM_TYPE_SM09 instead of ANIM_TYPE_ATTACKC.  Should be a suitable jump-style animation with an ATTACK parameter in its animation.txt entry already.

Note that you may need to add JUMP events to the animation entries though.

So, before:

["entry340"] = 
		{
			["name"] = "ANIM_TYPE_SM09_1H",
			["marker"] = 
			{
				["ANIMSTART"] = 0.0000,
				["SHOUT"] = 1.1600,
				["ATTACK"] = 1.2000,
				["ANIMEND"] = 3.0000,
			},
		},

Might need to end up something like this, with timings tweaked since I didn't test:

["entry340"] = 
		{
			["name"] = "ANIM_TYPE_SM09_1H",
			["marker"] = 
			{
				["ANIMSTART"] = 0.0000,
				["STARTJUMP"] = 1.0000,
				["SHOUT"] = 1.1600,
				["ATTACK"] = 1.2000,
				["ENDJUMP"] = 1.2500,
				["ANIMEND"] = 3.0000,
			},
		},

• Like! 1
7 hours ago, Flix said:

Might need to end up something like this, with timings tweaked since I didn't test:

Thank you, I'm testing around with it a bit more :D I tried to use that animation earlier but it didn't look right since I didn't know I could influence the animation sequence as much. :lol:

Still finetuning to be done but I'm close with the timing:JC_hurrah:

Then the last question: Do you have any idea what I could do with dual wield and especially with Pelting Strikes?

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Vishanka said:

especially with Pelting Strikes

Personally I would make use of the ATTACKX animations for this, to give the CA a nice one-two punch.  I can't think of anything better.

2 hours ago, Vishanka said:

what I could do with dual wield

Sadly there's something in the code blocking it.  Even if you were to follow all the necessary steps (I've tried in EE):

1. Add EID_WEAPON_L in the High Elf's creatureinfo.txt entry as a validEquipSlot
  2. Add "skill_offhand_weapon_lore" as a High Elf skill to creatures.txt
  3. Add the left hand weapon bone to her 3D mesh.
  4. Prepare dual wield animations.

She'd still be unable to equip two weapons due to something hard-coded. Dmitriy made it so she could dual wield and also did the model work in steps 3 & 4 for Addendum, but in that mod she can only wield 1h staves, no melee weapons.

The animations work great for NPC's based on the High Elf's model though:

1FKwt7w.jpg

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, Flix said:

She'd still be unable to equip two weapons due to something hard-coded

I am able to equip two weapons since she's a seraphim and not an elf; but there's a fallback to the barehanded animations... based on that... could she actually have dual wield animations?

Edit: I just bluntly copied his model files from addendum and I think I love him:wub:

dUmLkhW.png

Isn't it beautiful? It's so much better than I ever imagined it would be :JC_hurrah:

Edited by Vishanka
  • Like! 1
4 hours ago, Flix said:

Prepare dual wield animations.

So there seems to be one single flawed basic attack animation amongst them where the offhand weapon disappears in the middle of the movement (got tinwora in the right hand).

Did I make some mistake by editing some textfile or is the animationfile the problem here?

It's a_helve_attackb_zw.GR2 that's having that issue

CYkwmFO.png

O1bAoRZ.png

Edited by Vishanka

@Flix

I apologize for bothering you again but I have some more questions which I'm sure of that you can answer.

If turning this into a mod (replacing the seraphim model) - would you recommend to replace the .gr2 models in the pak folder or would you recommend to use the itemtype.txt and change the paths for it? I really need to make many changes in there but even if I just replaced the gr2 models some flags would have to change (equipcut, hair) so that I need to edit the itemtype.txt anyway. At the moment I just edit the script but I'm not sure which method is the better one.

What does the logic bounding box do (I think that's what it was called)? I never noticed a difference changing the values.

And one more question: what's the easiest way to make a model (armor) invisible? I do have a way to do that but I think there is surely a more professional one :whistle:

Edited by Vishanka
1 minute ago, Flix said:

In this case if you replace the model you'll end up affecting all the Seraphim NPC's.

That's something I would've liked to do for a while, but I never concerned myself with NPCs really. Would it be possible to assign an own skin dds texture to the npcs and maybe even give them a hair model? Of course, the NPCs shouldn't shine as glamorously as the hero, but I always found it a pity that they all wear this canned helmet and looked so conservative, although they should all be a bit conceited.

4 minutes ago, Flix said:

You will need to erase the armor's diffuse texture to full transparency and then add the SURFACE_FLAG_MASKED to the item's surface entry. This will render it invisible in-game. You may also need to remove the FLAG_EQUIPCUT from the armor's itemtype entry, in order to prevent the now-invisible item from removing the character's fallback equipment when equipped.

Funny, that's exactly what I'm already doing :D but I just created one texture for that (Endijian shoulders for me) and when I want something to disappear I change the path to the endijian shoulder model so that I only need one texture file.

• Like! 1

Wow, I don't take credit for that, just wanted to show because I love it... I took some armor models from addendum to get rid of the skin, (not all though), two textures from someone else, merged one with my own, and I have no idea who edited the chestpiece, I've downloaded it a decade ago

Why didn't I do this earlier, the quality seems so much better...

I'm still busy with the animations and have done 24 out of 603.... so it's still a long way :sweating:

But I'm really looking forward to do some armor compositions... with the addendum files I can cut out armor pieces wherever I want :wub:

yUAitwA.png

• Appreciation 1

@Flix do you know how sm24 was added? can I add more animation entries somehow or is that impossible (by that I mean ANIM_TYPE_SM30 or ANIM_TYPE_NOVA for example)?

At the moment I have the problem that when I change the animation times the highelf might become unplayable. I also swap animation gr2 files so that won't work with the high elf either.

I think the best solution might be adding new entries and files just for the mod if that is possible? If not, I think I'm running out of ideas to keep the high elf unchanged :huh:

Edited by Vishanka

@Flix do you know how sm24 was added? can I add more animation entries somehow or is that impossible (by that I mean ANIM_TYPE_SM30 or ANIM_TYPE_NOVA for example)?

At the moment I have the problem that when I change the animation times the highelf might become unplayable. I also swap animation gr2 files so that won't work with the high elf either.

I think the best solution might be adding new entries and files just for the mod if that is possible? If not, I think I'm running out of ideas to keep the high elf unchanged :huh:

SM24 is just ATTACKX renamed.  You are free to add as many special move animations as you like by adding more entries at the bottom of the High Elf's animation.txt, but this trick will only work for combat arts.  They'll still share idle, attack, and various other animations.

If you want fully separate High Elf and seraphim-High Elf animations, you'll need to make 2 separate character entries in animation.txt, that each point to 2 separate target models, residing in different directories.  That way nothing is swapped and instead they exist parallel to one another.

22 minutes ago, Flix said:

SM24 is just ATTACKX renamed.  You are free to add as many special move animations as you like by adding more entries at the bottom of the High Elf's animation.txt

Hm, I thought it should work like that. I tried to add ANIM_TYPE_SM30_ZW at the end of the high elf entry.

I used ANIM_TYPE_SM30 in the spells.txt and had created  a_helve_sm30_zw.gr2 but it did not work.

I already added all the dual wield entries as well as new tgun entries so I basically understand how it should work, but those new entries won't

What am I missing?

32oVtxY.png

22 minutes ago, Flix said:

If you want fully separate High Elf and seraphim-High Elf animations, you'll need to make 2 separate character entries in animation.txt, that each point to 2 separate target models, residing in different directories.  That way nothing is swapped and instead they exist parallel to one another.

I tried to use the seraphim entry by replacing the seraphim gr2 model with the high elf model, but everything seemed to point to the high elf folder then.
I also could not get the model to accept the seraskin_d.dds which I also replaced with the high elf skin, it would just point to the highelf folder and only accept the texture in there. The same issue is with the armor but those will at least accept a texture assigned in the itemtype.txt, I tried to add a texture entry to the seraskin entry but it would not accept it either.

another problem was that the run animation just would not work anymore with that model swap, every other animation was functioning, I have no idea why that one causes problems

Edited by Vishanka