Sacred Underworld Hacking/Modding Info

I've been doing a bit of modding and hacking Sacred lately, and I thought I'd share what I discovered with everyone in case anyone else might find it useful.

I've created a Google Doc with some hacking info here.

Check it out and let me know if you have any questions or if you try these and find any bugs.

I'll probably add some more stuff in the future.

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Sacred Underworld Hacking Info

Have you found a way to extract the true names of the wav files within sound.pak?  The pak extractor can export them but it gives them generic numbers as file names, and those won't suffice if a modder wanted to replace the sounds.  I can only see bits and pieces of file names if I look at sound.pak with a hex editor.

• The title was changed to Sacred Underworld Hacking/Modding Info
1 hour ago, Flix said:

Have you found a way to extract the true names of the wav files within sound.pak?  The pak extractor can export them but it gives them generic numbers as file names, and those won't suffice if a modder wanted to replace the sounds.  I can only see bits and pieces of file names if I look at sound.pak with a hex editor.

Sorry, that's not something I ever tried doing. I'll look into it when I have some time later and will post if I figure it out.