Experience penalty at higher levels.

So, I hated this thing in Sacred 2 and it seems that unfortunately, it's in this game too. Been noticing it a lot while grinding levels in Valley of Tears. Just hit 160 and the XP gained from the same enemies drops noticeably on every levelup. With my gear and a mentor pot, a Sakkara Demon was giving about 80K XP at one level and on the next, it dropped to 78.5K. And it keeps dropping by about 1.5K every level. That combined with the ever increasing XP requirements will probably mean I will not be bringing my character to the level cap as I had originally planned.

Is the table on this page accurate? http://pctalk.info/Games/Sacred2/Wolfes.Lair/SacredUnderworld/Pages/GameBasics-ExpGuide.html

I assume it applies to Niobium difficulty too.

Char. Level/experience. Gained

100 / 100%

110 / 83%

120 / 72%

130 / 50%

140 / 42%

150 / 35%

160 / 28%

170 / 22%

180 / 19%

190 / 15%

200 / 12%

210 / 9%

The thought that on level 210, I'll be gaining about a third of the XP I'm currently getting on level 160 is truly discouraging. I'll keep going for now, but expect the levelling speed to reach unbearable levels quite soon, and that is with me wearing a 67% bonus XP from monsters.

I remember reducing the high-level penalty in Sacred 2 at some point (was easy enough, just editing one of the .txt script files). Not fully removing it, but just making the drop less severe. Unfortunately, the files of Sacred 1 are not that easily moddable. Is it doable in some easy way, or is it hardcoded somewhere? I'd like to fiddle a bit with the numbers to find something that makes reasonable sense for single player.

Edited by idbeholdME
3 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

So, I hated this thing in Sacred 2 and it seems that unfortunately, it's in this game too. Been noticing it a lot while grinding levels in Valley of Tears. Just hit 160 and the XP gained from the same enemies drops noticeably on every levelup. With my gear and a mentor pot, a Sakkara Demon was giving about 80K XP at one level and on the next, it dropped to 78.5K. And it keeps dropping by about 1.5K every level. That combined with the ever increasing XP requirements will probably mean I will not be bringing my character to the level cap as I had originally planned.

Is the table on this page accurate? http://pctalk.info/Games/Sacred2/Wolfes.Lair/SacredUnderworld/Pages/GameBasics-ExpGuide.html

I assume it applies to Niobium difficulty too.

Char. Level/experience. Gained

100 / 100%

110 / 83%

120 / 72%

130 / 50%

140 / 42%

150 / 35%

160 / 28%

170 / 22%

180 / 19%

190 / 15%

200 / 12%

210 / 9%

The thought that on level 210, I'll be gaining about a third of the XP I'm currently getting on level 160 is truly discouraging. I'll keep going for now, but expect the levelling speed to reach unbearable levels quite soon, and that is with me wearing a 67% bonus XP from monsters.

I remember reducing the high-level penalty in Sacred 2 at some point (was easy enough, just editing one of the .txt script files). Not fully removing it, but just making the drop less severe. Unfortunately, the files of Sacred 1 are not that easily moddable. Is it doable in some easy way, or is it hardcoded somewhere? I'd like to fiddle a bit with the numbers to find something that makes reasonable sense for single player.

Is there any experience gear you can socket to help? I forget whether Underworld had this or not.

Or something socketable or weapon?

There could be some sets that could help with the most valuable thing in Endgame

experience

:)

gogo

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Is there any experience gear you can socket to help? I forget whether Underworld had this or not.

Or something socketable or weapon?

There could be some sets that could help with the most valuable thing in Endgame

experience

:)

gogo

I am already running around with 67% bonus XP per kill, so permanently more than if I had a Mentor Potion. 117% bonus with a Mentor Potion. I am already wearing a pretty low damage Unique Weapon just because it has a 44% bonus XP per kill. Yet as I continue levelling up, I am absolutely not looking forward to the prospect of having to run around in Valley of Tears for 4 hours straight just to go from level 213 to 214....