Sacred UnderWorld Guide - Easy method of getting the Icons set in single player.

Just sharing my experience.

So first, when googling it, this is the first thing that comes up http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred:Csaszar's_Guide_to_find_the_famous_ICON_set

While that method would probably work it seems extremely time consuming and aimed at multiplayer, so not really helpful for solo players.

I've found that the best method for single player is through quest rewards. Not multiplayer, not LAN, because you have to be able to save and load repeatedly.

The way it works is that when you complete a quest, it increases the chance for the next quest to reward a set item, if you did not get one from the quest you just turned in. While I only got 3 Icons in hundreds of hours on the Gladiator (think I got 2 from quests and 1 from a drop), within a couple hours of playing my Seraphim, I got 2 Dragon Statues, 1 Dark Elf Statue and 1 Grail. I got very lucky there, since my Gladiator got the other 3.

The basic principle is that you stack up your chance for a set item from a quest and then save right before turning one in and reload until you get what you want. The chance seems to be capped as I didn't notice much of a difference between 5 and 10 completed quests. The maximum chance seems to be at about 5 or 6 completed quests. Which by a rough guess from observation seems about a 25% chance that the next quest will give you a set item. So:

1) Complete any 5 quests, making sure that you do NOT get a set item from any of them (save/reload as needed). Because if you do, it resets the chance for the set item. The goal is to stack the chance as high as possible for the most efficient farming.

2) Do another quest but before turning it in, save. Then proceed to turn in and reload until you get what you want.

Also, it might be optimal to do this at very low levels in Bronze. Just rush several quests and then keep spam turning in the 6th or 7th one until you strike gold. The benefit of this method is obviously that every time the quest gives a set item (which happens pretty often when fully stacked), there is a chance to get an Icons part. Much more consistent than just farming enemies. It might get tedious, but it's the fastest method I've found of target farming the set.

Once you gather the full set, just save it into a LAN game and bam. All of your future characters have access to the full set. Can't wait to try this on my Gladiator. It should definitely speed up the XP farming using Split.

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Sacred UnderWorld Guide - Easy method of getting the Icons set in single player.

Ahhh, an icons collecting guide for SP!! I remember when Icons were added to this game as an add on. They insane item modifiers but their lag could bring a server full of HC players to their crying knees :lol: I mosty remember using them with a huge axe was it tree beard or something like that ? in higher levels and loads of split for quick experience gains.  

Happy you brought up Cszaszar's guide for getting to the icons quickly in MP, and you've complemented it will for someone (mostly I guess these days :D ) playing Sacred SP. I hope its okay as well for searches to find your guide faster with google added the words to your title and moved it into our Sacred Underworld Guides section.

idbeholdME , thank you for your time in putting this all together for the fans!

There will be mead!

:drunkards:

gogo

7 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Ahhh, an icons collecting guide for SP!! I remember when Icons were added to this game as an add on. They insane item modifiers but their lag could bring a server full of HC players to their crying knees :lol: I mosty remember using them with a huge axe was it tree beard or something like that ? in higher levels and loads of split for quick experience gains.  

Happy you brought up Cszaszar's guide for getting to the icons quickly in MP, and you've complemented it will for someone (mostly I guess these days :D ) playing Sacred SP. I hope its okay as well for searches to find your guide faster with google added the words to your title and moved it into our Sacred Underworld Guides section.

idbeholdME , thank you for your time in putting this all together for the fans!

There will be mead!

:drunkards:

gogo

Gogo why I cannot send pictures in DM ? 

• Like! 1
On 2/14/2022 at 12:49 PM, xInquisitor1961x said:

Gogo why I cannot send pictures in DM ? 

First time Ive heard of this as an issue

is it format or size?

are you able to get the images to show here in a post?

:)

gogo

13 hours ago, xInquisitor1961x said:

I am... only in message, I dont even have option to send images. Left side is empty. 

can you post here a pic of what your editor looks like when you open up a pm to send someone

:)

gogo