Is there a way to attach our Steam names here on DarkMatters public posting profile ?

Hi :) I know that sounds dubious; I'm not a scammer or a hacker or anything malicious. Here's the deal with me: I don't do Facebook or Twitter or Discord or things of that nature; there was a little too much drama on there. Besides, we have the glorious inventions of texting, phone calls, etc, right? But since lockdown, most of my crew have become bitter, bitter pills. They've said, to summarize, "When you first came home from the service, you used to be fun You used to be all edgy and get fired up about stuff. Now, ........ you're like a gummi bear." Yeah, things like marriage, parenthood, and domestication have softened my edges. I like me! I don't want to be on edge like when I first came home, and I enjoy being peaceful. But I don't think it's me, nothing's recently changed. I've been home for 20 years, man, been married for a decade, been a parent for close to ten years. What I think is my group of friends lost the fine art of small talk, of social pleasantries, or "fluff", if you will. For example:

Me: " I was listening to a band called Excel the other day, ya ever hear of these guys? It's like a cross between Metallica and ska. Metalli-ska, lol. I like the Metallica feel, but I'm not sure about the ska part."

Friend #1 "Yeah, I got Sirius XM. Are you trying to be Tommy London or something?"

Well, excuse me for finding something new to me and wanting to share it. Or:

Me: "Hey, I was looking at the Steam store. I know you like to play games with your kids on rainy days; I think a fun for the whole family type of deal would be The Ranchers; is that something up your ally?"

Friend #2 "Yeah, I can access the Steam store, thanks."

Well, excuse me, man! Things slip under my radar all the freaking time. I love fluff, I'd love a "hey, you know Pepsi came out with their own vape?" Mind you, I don't like being bombarded all day long. But when the wife's at work, my kids are at school, and I'm home, small talk is what's missing from my life. I'll tell ya what, folks get downright crappy when ya add them on Steam! "Who the heck are You?!" Just some guy, I liked your profile, you seemed fun to chat with "Are you stupid or something?! I don't just add rando people to my friends list! But feel free to donate to my Patreon fund !" Wow, so that's how it's going to be? Get the heck out of here, but feel free to leave money on your way out? Naw, man, and my friends are wrong, stuff never used to be like this, people never used to be this snide before. We've reached like rudeness level ten over here, lol. So, that's what I'm after; just rando friendly small talk fluff, that's why I was curious if I can attach my Steam Profile here. Maybe profile is the wrong word. Profile name? User name, I think you know what I mean. If not, I harbor no ill-will, I just figured "what's the harm in asking?"

21 minutes ago, DocHoff said:

Hi :) I know that sounds dubious; I'm not a scammer or a hacker or anything malicious. Here's the deal with me: I don't do Facebook or Twitter or Discord or things of that nature; there was a little too much drama on there. Besides, we have the glorious inventions of texting, phone calls, etc, right? But since lockdown, most of my crew have become bitter, bitter pills. They've said, to summarize, "When you first came home from the service, you used to be fun You used to be all edgy and get fired up about stuff. Now, ........ you're like a gummi bear." Yeah, things like marriage, parenthood, and domestication have softened my edges. I like me! I don't want to be on edge like when I first came home, and I enjoy being peaceful. But I don't think it's me, nothing's recently changed. I've been home for 20 years, man, been married for a decade, been a parent for close to ten years. What I think is my group of friends lost the fine art of small talk, of social pleasantries, or "fluff", if you will. For example:

Me: " I was listening to a band called Excel the other day, ya ever hear of these guys? It's like a cross between Metallica and ska. Metalli-ska, lol. I like the Metallica feel, but I'm not sure about the ska part."

Friend #1 "Yeah, I got Sirius XM. Are you trying to be Tommy London or something?"

Well, excuse me for finding something new to me and wanting to share it. Or:

Me: "Hey, I was looking at the Steam store. I know you like to play games with your kids on rainy days; I think a fun for the whole family type of deal would be The Ranchers; is that something up your ally?"

Friend #2 "Yeah, I can access the Steam store, thanks."

Well, excuse me, man! Things slip under my radar all the freaking time. I love fluff, I'd love a "hey, you know Pepsi came out with their own vape?" Mind you, I don't like being bombarded all day long. But when the wife's at work, my kids are at school, and I'm home, small talk is what's missing from my life. I'll tell ya what, folks get downright crappy when ya add them on Steam! "Who the heck are You?!" Just some guy, I liked your profile, you seemed fun to chat with "Are you stupid or something?! I don't just add rando people to my friends list! But feel free to donate to my Patreon fund !" Wow, so that's how it's going to be? Get the heck out of here, but feel free to leave money on your way out? Naw, man, and my friends are wrong, stuff never used to be like this, people never used to be this snide before. We've reached like rudeness level ten over here, lol. So, that's what I'm after; just rando friendly small talk fluff, that's why I was curious if I can attach my Steam Profile here. Maybe profile is the wrong word. Profile name? User name, I think you know what I mean. If not, I harbor no ill-will, I just figured "what's the harm in asking?"

Halloooo Doc! I hear you about old haunts getting distant. I guess its the way folks are, they get older, and needs change...

ahhh, biology right?

Well, just till a few months ago with the updates to our forums with skins and some functionalities we cleaned up the post tags and the fields that showed a number of gaming contacts were taken out... but I guess I could go a digging and coming up with an ominibus tag/name that people could input with their info? Have you tried editing your own profile btw is there any fields that that show in public profile that you can repurpose? I think your mention here is a good idea, and well try to have something up by end of day

:)

gogo

p.s. just added some more wordage to your topic title to make it zero on where we go with this and will look at it right after work.  Thanks for hitting us up with the suggestion,its a good one.  :thumbsup:

• The title was changed to Is there a way to attach our Steam names here on DarkMatters public posting profile ?