Sacred 2 - Stutter and crash on Win 7 ; options won't save; did work fine before

Hi folks,

yesterday I decided to replay Sacred 2.43 on Win 7 32 after years of absence.

First time, it just crashed after the green loading text. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game. It worked flawlessly for a 4 hour session, yesterday.

Today, it had sound-stutter (and fps-stutter, but barely noticable) like every 2 min. and finally crashed after like 5 minutes ingame.

Then I tried every trick I could find online. Nothing changed and stutter and crashes still continue.

On my journey, I noticed that it somehow refuse to save options or ingame.

Uninstalled it, deleted Local; Temp; and Saved Games folders, reinstalled it and yet, nothing has changed and it still even refuses to save my graphic options and quitting the game, without going ingame. Did also uncheck all the write-only options for all folders.

Any ideas what I could do from here?

• Like! 1

After I tried EVERY other trick mentioned in the forums, I thought to myself "frakit, you can't break this install further", so I cracked it.

Et voilá. It works absolutely flawless now.

Turns out, the infamous SecuROM messed it all up, even though I had the original disc in my drive all along.

As I've seen it never mentioned in any forum, I wonder if this affects 64bit problems, too?

But anyway, case closed.

Edited by Egge
  • Respect! 1
  • The title was changed to Sacred 2 - Stutter and crash on Win 7 ; options won't save; did work fine before
On 2/16/2022 at 5:23 PM, Egge said:

After I tried EVERY other trick mentioned in the forums, I thought to myself "frakit, you can't break this install further", so I cracked it.

Et voilá. It works absolutely flawless now.

Turns out, the infamous SecuROM messed it all up, even though I had the original disc in my drive all along.

As I've seen it never mentioned in any forum, I wonder if this affects 64bit problems, too?

But anyway, case closed.

Welcome to the boards Egge!  Your experience of supreme frustration with getting this game to go good is shared with many many over the years.

Happy you've found our little corner of the Sacred Verse, and delighted that you were able to solution and get this game going...

and " absolutely flawless! "

:Laie_58:

gogo

• Appreciation 1