Sacred 2 Loading screen issue Windows 10

So, every time there is supposed to be a loading screen like when loading a game, entering a dungeon or teleporting for the duration of the loading, instead of showing a concept art with a gameplay tip, my screen just freezes. Once the loading is done, it just cuts instantly to the loaded area. Also affects the intro logos, where the first 2 can't be seen at all (only audio can be heard) and only at the Nvidia logo, the image slowly fades in from black instead of showing right away.

When changing a graphics option like resolution, it refreshes, SHOWS a proper loading screen, but it remains on the screen for several seconds even after everything is running properly before disappearing. I can move my mouse, click on the menu options in the background (behind the loading screen), everything works, but the loading screen stays on the image about 7 seconds after the loading is done.

This happens ONLY in fullscreen mode. The moment I switch to windowed, everything works fine and as it should. Any idea what might be causing this?

3 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

This happens ONLY in fullscreen mode. The moment I switch to windowed, everything works fine and as it should.

What? For me it's exactly the other way around:lol: It happens on tabbing in/out and it happens in windowed mode, but never in fullscreen for me. Fascinating.:lindor:

• Like! 1

Yes, it is very weird. It worked fine on my Windows XP PC, but ever since using Windows 7 and now 10, I've had this small problem happening to me. When I choose windowed in the graphics options, it behaves as it should, but really not worth playing in windowed mode for.

EDIT:

It seems to mostly be related to the "black fade in/out" effect that is supposed to happen once a loading starts. It doesn't work in fullscreen, which results in the broken transitions.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I noticed the same after moving to Windows 10 last year.  I actually did not have this problem in Windows 7 - maybe related to compatibility settings I had in place.

Windowed mode seems to behave much better, aside from the borders.

• Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, Flix said:

Yeah I noticed the same after moving to Windows 10 last year.  I actually did not have this problem in Windows 7 - maybe related to compatibility settings I had in place.

Windowed mode seems to behave much better, aside from the borders.

Same. I did not have the problem either, back when I was on Windows XP or 32 bit Win 7.

Tried a couple of borderless gaming apps, but as the game does not support dynamic resizing, it offsets the mouse. Clicks go below where the mouse is, because the game still thinks the top bar is there. So not really usable.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Sacred 2 Loading screen issue Windows 10
On 2/24/2022 at 11:26 AM, idbeholdME said:

So, every time there is supposed to be a loading screen like when loading a game, entering a dungeon or teleporting for the duration of the loading, instead of showing a concept art with a gameplay tip, my screen just freezes. Once the loading is done, it just cuts instantly to the loaded area. Also affects the intro logos, where the first 2 can't be seen at all (only audio can be heard) and only at the Nvidia logo, the image slowly fades in from black instead of showing right away.

When changing a graphics option like resolution, it refreshes, SHOWS a proper loading screen, but it remains on the screen for several seconds even after everything is running properly before disappearing. I can move my mouse, click on the menu options in the background (behind the loading screen), everything works, but the loading screen stays on the image about 7 seconds after the loading is done.

This happens ONLY in fullscreen mode. The moment I switch to windowed, everything works fine and as it should. Any idea what might be causing this?

You indicated you were using Windows 10 I remember there being some posts about this, added your version to your title, have you tried searching to see if theres reported posts about your issue?

• Appreciation 1

Playing in Windowed Mode is the only solution I've found so far for Win 10.

In Windows 7 I had "Disable Desktop Composition" and "Disable Display Scaling on High DPI settings" checked.  I also used to use Run in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP service pack 3.

• Thanks! 1