What FanFiction story are you reading?

Over the decades I have been working with computers and computer circuitry, I have performed many tasks and enjoyed many different diversions. Most of the tasks are long forgotten in the dimness of time but a few of my favorite distractions still live, albeit in a modest way. I have become a bit limited in my excursions due to only having 1.5 hands to enter computer commands, so I tend to concentrate on simple games, like Fallout 4, that I can use a game controller and keyboard to control. It helps that there is an easy way to pause the game giving me ample time to respond to 'threats'.

Just before my stroke, I had become interested in writing FanFiction. For some reason, my muse seems to have gone into hibernation. :wink:

I have kept up with reading FanFiction, though. One of the recent stories I have encountered is called, Hermione learns a thing by mp3.1415player. From the summary:

Young Hermione Granger is curious about all sorts of things. This leads to discoveries and oddness that is likely to only increase with time...

Rated: Fiction T - English - Sci-Fi/Fantasy - Chapters: 9 - Words: 75,208 - Reviews: 174 - Favs: 415 - Follows: 457 - Updated: Feb 15 - Published: Jan 23 - id: 14027183

I highly recommend this story. Even though it is only nine chapters so far, it is extremely clever and posits a scientific reason behind 'magic'!

• Like! 1
22 hours ago, Spock said:

Over the decades I have been working with computers and computer circuitry, I have performed many tasks and enjoyed many different diversions. Most of the tasks are long forgotten in the dimness of time but a few of my favorite distractions still live, albeit in a modest way. I have become a bit limited in my excursions due to only having 1.5 hands to enter computer commands, so I tend to concentrate on simple games, like Fallout 4, that I can use a game controller and keyboard to control. It helps that there is an easy way to pause the game giving me ample time to respond to 'threats'.

Just before my stroke, I had become interested in writing FanFiction. For some reason, my muse seems to have gone into hibernation. :wink:

I have kept up with reading FanFiction, though. One of the recent stories I have encountered is called, Hermione learns a thing by mp3.1415player. From the summary:

Young Hermione Granger is curious about all sorts of things. This leads to discoveries and oddness that is likely to only increase with time...

Rated: Fiction T - English - Sci-Fi/Fantasy - Chapters: 9 - Words: 75,208 - Reviews: 174 - Favs: 415 - Follows: 457 - Updated: Feb 15 - Published: Jan 23 - id: 14027183

I highly recommend this story. Even though it is only nine chapters so far, it is extremely clever and posits a scientific reason behind 'magic'!

I'm here writing and thinking about how my work flow has changed in structure, interest and volume over the years, and your post is a nice filter for at looking back through the looking glass.  I havent really gotten into fan faction myself, my early years of voracious reading fueled by a *proper* lack of parentally approved tv channels, which led to bi-weekly outings to the public library and neighborhood kids with my Dad.

Do always love reading about peoples' interests in hobbies though, its important to wake up with some curisoity and a need for purpose, or I feel like we'd sleep our early morning and later lives away drinking too much hot chocolate and Netflix

:D

gogo

3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

... lives away drinking too much hot chocolate and Netflix

:D

gogo

How do you drink Netflix?

• Haha 1

There is another story by the same author that has gotten a little out of hand ... the Lizards are taking over!

Taylor Varga: The original site on Sufficient Velocity with over 300 chapters so far! This is always updated first.

Taylor's time in the locker ends very differently.

The world will never be the same...

And people will become confused. Very confused.

Now with extra Lizards!

Taylor Varga: on FanFiction.net with 432 chapters ... so far. A lot of Omakes get added to the chapter list.

Taylor has a bad day that ends in a locker. Everyone has heard that one. It goes somewhat differently after that, as her call for help is answered by something from a lot further away than one might expect... A story in which Taylor makes a very large friend, the world gets confused, and Danny comes into his own.

Edited by Spock