DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates March 28th to 29th - 0300 AM Montreal Time - Server Updates by Hosting for an Hour

• The title was changed to DarkMatters and SacredWiki down for a weeeee while for shiny new Software Updates and Backups

And... Back to Sacred!

Its new software for the forums, I noticed some of the functionalities , if you notice something not working or a bug, or just want to do a quick nip of the good stuff with us, bar's open, Shots are on Schot!

:drunkards:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to DarkMatters and SacredWiki back up and running with shiny new Software Updates and Backups
1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

hots are on Schot!

Thx Schot! I think the currently viewing thing gone is a good improvement on privacy.:schot:

And thx gogo for keeping us up to date!:gogo:

• Thanks! 1
8 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Thx Schot! I think the currently viewing thing gone is a good improvement on privacy.:schot:

And thx gogo for keeping us up to date!:gogo:

yee haw, working!

ahh, just am seeing the currently viewing changes, and ..is it just me or is forum more responsive, quicker?

so far we likes

:cow:

gogo

• Appreciation 1
48 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

yee haw, working!

ahh, just am seeing the currently viewing changes, and ..is it just me or is forum more responsive, quicker?

so far we likes

:cow:

gogo

I love it! It is snappier loading pages and posts. Thank you Schot :heart:

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

I love it! It is snappier loading pages and posts. Thank you Schot :heart:

Yah, love the blaze, this version of Invision is the fastest

:superman:

gogo

Thank you for all your efforts, Schot. From experience, I know updates can sometimes be scary. So  far it looks like everything went well.

Congratulations or should I say ...

conga-rats! CongaRats.gif.9d457ddd8cc6b96894dca02c75f4d413.gif

• Appreciation 1

Cheers gang!  Wow, very true.  Updating is not for the faint of heart, lol.  :oooo:

We still have a bit of work to do.  There's a persistent bug I am trying to quash.  I think I will need to reset everyone's notification settings unfortunately.  I'll be doing that in the very near future but I'll announce a heads up before I do and explain what it will mean when I make the announcement.  What I'm attempting to do is to minimize the strain on our email server by resetting very old members that don't visit to the default of no email notifications.  The only way to do that is to do it to everyone.  That's the quick heads up!  :wink:

I'll continue to explore options for this week and I'll likely implement the above strategy by the end of next week.  Around the 1st I guess.

Stay Sacred!  :tomato:

• Like! 1

Congrats for the update ! :JC_hurrah:If I may, I would just suggest two tiny improvements that could make this website even better :

> why not a certificate update, you could go for certbot for instance, it does a great job at making it easy, and that way you could make a certificate per website, and not show all your related websites when someone looks at your certificates infos ( cpanel, autodiscover, etc.. unless it is done on purpose ? )

> once the certificate is done why not a redirect from http to https ?

That way it would look more secure and avoid sending clear passwords ( I'm sure some in this community use this website password for other websites, therefore if it is sniffed it might be used.. )

Thanks again for your work !

• Appreciation 1

Maybe the update broke smth:

u274WIA.png

only happens if I click "Home", the images are there after I click "What's New?" But could also be me, the day before yesterday this wasn't the case.:dntknw:

EDIT: And logging out and in again solved the issue apparently.

Edited by Lindor
  • Like! 1
  • The title was changed to DarkMatters and SacredWiki Going down tonight at 6 00 PM Montreal Time - Mooooooore updates oO

Guys SOOOO SORRY...but we wanted to give a few hours notice before Schot starts working on some tricky back end for getting our emails back online, and he's a little wary of the advice being given by our hosters, but we have to go forward... PLEASE..if you're doing any work on the forum or wiki to save it, as well be offline 6 pm Montreal Time

:hugs:

gogo

• The title was changed to DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates March 26th - We're baaaaaaaaaaaaack....
11 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Back in once piece!!

thanks db! 🙌

And moving forward!
Schots  not happy with the new email software that is called jellyfish we don’t find its training very good but we are slowly working with it to see if we can improve it help us keeping spam under control and allowing for proper member registrations… Crossing fingers

🤠

gogo

• Appreciation 1
  • The title was changed to DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates March 28th to 29th - 0300 AM Montreal Time - Server Updates by Hosting
3 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Good luck!

It seems like the only time we get to see Schot is when he's running around like a mad man doing upgrades or fixing issues for us - I hope he gets a break at some point!

ahahaa, it's true DB... we only let him out when the moon is full and theres tech needs :lol:

gogo

• Like! 1

And... sorry AGAIN everyone, this looks like the month of updates, looks like our hosters are doing maintenance on our host server, they say they are starting at  0300 Montreal Time, and supposed to last an hour.

:)

gogo

• The title was changed to DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates March 28th to 29th - 0300 AM Montreal Time - Server Updates by Hosting for an Hour