Sacred 2, The Ancaria Beautification Project

• The title was changed to Sacred 2, The Ancaria Beautification Project

Thank you for doing this thread but it does not seem like the activation of my mod has worked for you :lol: I replaced especially those flowers with more pretty stuff and the grass and ground should look very different.

Perhaps I did something wrong with the names and paths of the folders, maybe there's a pak folder in the pak folder now.

Maybe you use the Elite textures and your game is calling the original hq folder from the zipfiles so my changes don't show up. I just included the mq folder.
I can add a hq folder but thought it would be more convenient to have half the download size, or you just rename mq to hq if that is the case for you.

Let me know when you find the problem why it didn't work, I'm really new to the modenabler and don't use it myself :wacko:

--

Edit: I just checked other mods again and I think I did just the same thing as everyone else with their mods :dntknw: Modname/pak/mq... should be correct.

Might be active Elite Textures then.

Here's what you should be seeing;
example 1: old

5uk82j3.jpg

new

mf6whuF.jpg

example 2: old

70BZbZp.jpg

new

VoHNXTj.jpg

Edited by Vishanka
  • Respect! 1

My advice is to add the hq folder into the file structure. Many if not most users of this mod are going to be running elite textures. Otherwise put a big notice that the mod only works with the textures set to "Default".

• Like! 1
1 minute ago, Flix said:

My advice is to add the hq folder into the file structure. Many if not most users of this mod are going to be running elite textures. Otherwise put a big notice that the mod only works with the textures set to "Default".

Most of the mods I downloaded only had the mq folder  included so I thought that would be the go-to version for most :lol:
I can consolidate both downloads to one and include both folders, it's just double the filesize.

But probably you're right, people might not be familiar with the file structure and rather just have a failsafe version.
Updating the link.

• Like! 1

I love the lush, dense grasses. I think that I would like the flowers to be just a bit more vibrant. That's just my personal taste. I'm loving it, nonetheless.

There are more and less vibrant flowers; I will not change much about their colors since I consider it a good thing to have variety (there are deep blue flowers but they aren't very common).

But I will replace more of the "models" which might make a considerable difference. Although I'm not sure if it will be the more vibrant difference you asked for :tongue:

This type is used often and I just don't appreciate the looks of them very much. They are not meant to be viewed close up and I think they could look more uh... "Screenshotproof".

Replacing the flowers is definitely one of my next efforts.

2KyKZQS.png

f87VTEZ.png

I already replaced some that were really unbearable messy but I just like about 2 out of 5 of my versions since not every texture that looks pretty performs well ingame. Anyhow, I do have a Graphics Tablet and think I will need to put some more labor into it.

Edited by Vishanka

It's such a simple yet brilliant change you made to keep the tops of the grass stalks a different color from the blades of grass. This is something I never thought to do, I just kept all the colors uniform as in vanilla.

It adds an extra degree of texture and variety to the grass. You could hardly even tell there were stalks among the blades before, because it was just all just the same sea of neon yellow.

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Subbed. :D

Is it possible to make this mod compatible with Elite Textures?

Thank you! :gogo:

It is already compatible with Elite Textures, I included Standard and Elite Textures in the download :)

10 hours ago, Flix said:

It's such a simple yet brilliant change you made to keep the tops of the grass stalks a different color from the blades of grass. This is something I never thought to do, I just kept all the colors uniform as in vanilla.

I was really wondering why they designed grasses with spikes when they just made them grass colored so they don't stand out. :D

--

Yesterday I was working on the flowers and then suffered a bluescreen so most of my work is lost and I have to start over again :oooo:

Nevertheless, here a preview of 3 flowertypes that turned out quite well for being just a 2d texture.

Buttercup, poppy and dog daisy.

6j0A7AB.png

• Appreciation 1

I love it! You are transforming Ancaria into a place worth the trouble a hero would encounter in order to save it. The world shall be a place filled with beauty, detail, and color. :JC_hurrah:

5 hours ago, Vishanka said:

It is already compatible with Elite Textures, I included Standard and Elite Textures in the download

Oh, I understood otherwise. Sorry, and thank you. :D

Keep up the great work!

Finally found an area where the flowers I added for the jungle do not fit well.

Thylysium slum area.
I will need to come up with something else that fits both areas then :whistle:

KUm0cwF.jpg

Edited by Vishanka
grammar

Hmm if you accidentally stumble across a way to edit the ground/environment in the sector files directly, can you tell me? It's on my list to replace the dryad island area's sand beaches with normal grassy/jungly land.

Edited by Lindor
Reason: spelling mistake
3 hours ago, Lindor said:

Hmm if you accidentally stumble across a way to edit the ground/environment in the sector files directly, can you tell me? It's on my list to replace the dryad island area's sand beaches with normal grassy/jungly land.

And vice versa as well, even if I admit I'm not planning any such deep interventions in the game. For me, replacing blades of grass with a flower is almost the upper limit of how far I want to deviate from the original :)

Deep within the heart of the series of caves at Schlun Zum, I discovered a most wonderful change in the area. Lush, beautiful flora decorated the area inside the interior. The first screenshot is before the augmentation and the second is after Vishanka's marvelous beautification. The first of the shots shows what appears to be a Polynesian tiki. In the second, the tiki is obscured by the High Elf's shield. It's as if the lands of Ancaria are now a precious gem which has been properly cut and polished to a stunning brilliance.

Spoiler

y2WRpuf.thumb.jpg.9fa2aa505455acea56421409f6078faa.jpg

834421888_SchlunZum.thumb.jpg.65b2fc7c5a1e8488cdcda2ab4c790269.jpg

• Like! 1