Sacred 2, The Ancaria Beautification Project

So today was the day I could not stand the grass anymore.

So here it is, I drew brandnew textured grass.

Not sure if I keep that flower spike model but I hope you can notice a difference in quality. :)

Before: C5TptZr.png

After:

BPbN1l4.png

Edited by Vishanka
  • Like! 1

The difference is striking and will surely help the game's immersive feeling and the splendor of the rich, colorful landscape.

Excellent work! :bounce:

• Like! 1
On 7/10/2022 at 6:46 PM, Vishanka said:

not the exact same spot but at least many flower types... I tried to come up with an own flower species for each texture

VAEoSHJ.png

2KyKZQS.png

standout pix.

How many flower types? Im curious what it takes us to feel a "flower field" immersion

:)

gogo

On 7/13/2022 at 3:53 PM, gogoblender said:

How many flower types? Im curious what it takes us to feel a "flower field" immersion

At least 48 :D

• zomgod! 1
17 minutes ago, Vishanka said:

At least 48 :D

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...!!

:oooo:

gogo

ps are these "types" actually based on real flowers found here on Earth :lol: but also unique ones that you fabricate?

10 minutes ago, Vishanka said:

Both, I walk around where I live and take pictures of things I'd like to add. I'm not that creative so I just copy what I see outside. Last time I was walking around taking pictures of grass spikes.

Some are a bit difficult to implement since in the game there seems to be only opaque or transparent and not 50% or something.

So if I draw something very delicate it doesn't come across well in the game, and if I make it thicker it sometimes doesn't fit the object anymore.

What a great side story you have created for our understanding of how, what and where this game is going.  Somewhere in the world there is a lady exploring the fields taking pictures and capturing our world (spikes of grass! :bounce:) to put into Ancaria.

Youve made my day. Thanks for always finding time to explain. 

you are an artist

:hugs:

gogo

40 minutes ago, Vishanka said:

Both, I walk around where I live and take pictures of things I'd like to add. I'm not that creative so I just copy what I see outside. Last time I was walking around taking pictures of grass spikes.

We're lucky to have your contributions!

I have a question - it looks like the link in Hooyaah's lead post is still from quite a while back.  Would you consider adding the mod to the Downloads section (or the Nexus)?  I'm already directing people who visit the Grass Mod page to just use this mod instead.

• Like! 1
4 minutes ago, Flix said:

Would you consider adding the mod to the Downloads section (or the Nexus)?

Yes, on the next release. It will almost complete the project; a few more flowers and grass replacements and then I'll upload it here. What I have currently uploaded to my drive is too incomplete for that.

• Thanks! 1

What a difference... you can see it especially in the depths of shadows... the hill comes alive with significantly more immersion and snares at my curiosity about whats hidden :devil:

... does this extra panache  put stress on running the game?

:)

gogo

6 hours ago, Vishanka said:

you mean for the system? no it does not matter for the game what kind of image I insert.

2Q2EE33.png

52 minutes ago, Timotheus said:

I would love a Sacred 2: Fallen Fries makeover:4rofl:

Count me in for a Fallen Fries Super size upgrade as well pls!!

:lol:

gogo

• Haha 1

I like your version of it as well Vishanka, more patchy with chunks of swathes

... though I wouldnt mind a surprise fries box somewhere there as an Easter Egg as well

:D

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

I wont even tell  what I changed this time.:D No fries for sure.

UWQ1ZKA.png

Will have to take care of dryad island soon. Tried to replace the plant model they used with common grass but I don't like it. :wacko: Too low effort and does not fit the place really.

Yw0WEdS.png

Maybe I'll draw more leafy grass for that place or I'll take a look on google what kind of stuff would grow in a place like this.

The original plant, I don't know what's it supposed to be. Leafy stuff.

---

And first attempt on "grass long"

Not yet satisfied but I'm sure we're getting there...

8xhGVzy.png

• Like! 1

Didn't like it that way
Not the exact same ambient lighting but here... I think it's better that way.. let's draw the rest of the grass blades, right now it's just one texture copy/paste :P

5BqYnmd.png

SBmxvpx.png

yN6BLvF.png

• Respect! 1