Sacred Underworld - Are there any mods coming out soon? Is someone working on new overhaul mods?

• The title was changed to Sacred Underworld - Are there any mods coming out soon? Is someone working on new overhaul mods?

Also Dmitriy claimed to be the only person in possession of an almost bug-free version and said he might publish it in the future.

On 3/20/2022 at 10:27 PM, dimitrius154 said:
On 3/19/2022 at 10:17 PM, Flix said:
On 3/18/2022 at 6:12 PM, dimitrius154 said:

It's folly to boast, but, ahem, I believe I'm the sole person on Earth, that possesses an almost fixed game(yeah, well, with some Battle Mage mechanics cheats). There were quite a few additional voicelines, not to mention Anducar's dying speech.

Will you publish it?

I don't see why not. Unless the Internet gets poof that is, er, ahem. I may also find a way to fix that pesky Milti-Hit targeting matter by the time.

You can ask him if you're interested.

• Thanks! 1
6 hours ago, Lindor said:

Also Dmitriy claimed to be the only person in possession of an almost bug-free version and said he might publish it in the future.

You can ask him if you're interested.

Mmh? How is that possible? The game´s  code is encrypted. So either Strahd did everything on his own over the years, or he is is a former member of the Studio 2 and salvaged some tools before the downfall. Or he grabbed, driven by pure luck, the only working copy on the planet when he bought the game back in the day. But speculations aside, with a release we would have in theory 3-4 new versions floating around. Reborn Mod, Raven Rock, the version where the world is covered with ice and snow, and Dimitrius´ pureblood Sacred. Smells like trouble to me.

16 hours ago, Dax said:

Mmh? How is that possible? The game´s  code is encrypted.

Fortunately, the number of encrypting algorithms is rather limited and folks at Ascaron hadn't decided to "reinvent the wheel".  Also, a certain Mr.Mouse's work had been used as a cross-reference.

• Respect! 1
10 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Fortunately, the number of encrypting algorithms is rather limited and folks at Ascaron hadn't decided to "reinvent the wheel".  Also, a certain Mr.Mouse's work had been used as a cross-reference.

Impressive indeed. Do not know how many hours you have put in to get the whole thing fixed, but I am sure it took months and months. Big respect to you from my side. Sometimes however, I ask myself if doing all the modding on your own is a curse or a gift.

• Appreciation 1
15 hours ago, Dax said:

Do not know how many hours you have put in to get the whole thing fixed, but I am sure it took months and months.

Three months total, all things considered.

The Sacred 2 endeavour took much more time due to it being as much model and texture, as code. I had to invent and apply a procedure to unify all Temple Guardian animations along with the other characters. Some... apprentice had decided, that this particular character's animations were to be rotated 90 grad. against Y, creating extreme deficiencies for the mounted mode.

Processing and improving/replacing the D2F models took some more time. And extra sounds and music took some more, as well.

15 hours ago, Dax said:

Sometimes however, I ask myself if doing all the modding on your own is a curse or a gift

Call it a bulldog approach. Once I sink my fangs into the target, I don't release it, until the objective is achieved.

• Appreciation 1
12 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The Sacred 2 endeavour took much more time due to it being as much model and texture, as code. I had to invent and apply a procedure to unify all Temple Guardian animations along with the other characters. Some... apprentice had decided, that this particular character's animations were to be rotated 90 grad. against Y, creating extreme deficiencies for the mounted mode.

Processing and improving/replacing the D2F models took some more time. And extra sounds and music took some more, as well.

Call it a bulldog approach. Once I sink my fangs into the target, I don't release it, until the objective is achieved.

Under such circumstances I would say that your position in Bavoria is well deserved. :bow:

On 5/13/2022 at 9:54 AM, Dax said:

Impressive indeed. Do not know how many hours you have put in to get the whole thing fixed, but I am sure it took months and months. Big respect to you from my side. Sometimes however, I ask myself if doing all the modding on your own is a curse or a gift.

I am a modder myself, I do total war overhauls, but I was curious, Sacred is one of my favourite games :D I like NEW LIFE MOD! 

Any info maybe about new tools? Tools for modding ? 

On 5/14/2022 at 1:27 AM, dimitrius154 said:

is it possible to get a changelog? there is another fix for the game in progress and we don't want to waste our time with the same work. 

1 hour ago, nemezissfpro said:

is it possible to get a changelog?

I'm afraid, my notes are more akin to madman's scribbles. And I'd have to detach the Battlemage-specific hacks. Some specific fixes in place:

1. All playable characters deliver the expected voicelines at special map spots during the gameplay.

2. Various Underworld monster's sound profiles have been corrected.

3. Vilya produces an appropriate dilogue during the Underworld entry cinematic.

4. The various "Attack" CA's targeting behaviour is fixed.

5. The "Stomping Jump" damage application is fixed.

6. The "Orla Aisling Jolt" full set bonus should no longer cause irrecoverable savegame corruption.

7. The Unkempt Sorcerer quest no longer produces unexpected further quest glitches.

8. The "Lorgar's Healer" set lifeleech bonus now actually works.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 10:46 PM, dimitrius154 said:

I'm afraid, my notes are more akin to madman's scribbles. And I'd have to detach the Battlemage-specific hacks. Some specific fixes in place:

1. All playable characters deliver the expected voicelines at special map spots during the gameplay.

2. Various Underworld monster's sound profiles have been corrected.

3. Vilya produces an appropriate dilogue during the Underworld entry cinematic.

4. The various "Attack" CA's targeting behaviour is fixed.

5. The "Stomping Jump" damage application is fixed.

6. The "Orla Aisling Jolt" full set bonus should no longer cause irrecoverable savegame corruption.

7. The Unkempt Sorcerer quest no longer produces unexpected further quest glitches.

8. The "Lorgar's Healer" set lifeleech bonus now actually works.

Is there any rough estimate on when you will release this?