Looking to gain 3 more skills above the 10 we currently have (Adding Skills to 13)

Like title states, is there a way to add 3 more skills to gain like in Dimitrius's mod. I'm currently about to enter gold at level 69, but wanting to gain 3 more skills. I play with community patch and EE. Thanks.

47 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Sacred 2 Character Editor Guide - How to modify save games without scripting

It is strongly advised to make a copy of your hero Sacred 2 save file before using the Character Editor. You may download it here at Nexus Mods.

No, maybe I mis-wrote what I'm looking for. I'm looking to gain 3 more skills above the 10 we currently have. Dimitrius's mod, we can obtain 13 skills vs. the regular 10. Is it a simple change of text in a file?

Edited by jedijimi
  • Appreciation 1
  • The title was changed to Looking to gain 3 more skills above the 10 we currently have (Adding Skills to 13)
49 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

You can add skills above the standard 10 with the Character Editor. If this still isn't what would suffice, then you should ask @dimitrius154 for assistance.

Well then! What awesome news this is. Will the skills screen grow with more skills I add, or will there be conflict in rendering?

I have never added more than one extra skill and it's been years since I added the one. So, I cannot answer your question with any degree of certainty. You could give it a try and find out (after saving your character file.) If the skills display is a bit off and it's a problem, you can delete the tweaked character and reload the original.

2 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

You could give it a try and find out (after saving your character file.) If the skills display is a bit off and it's a problem, you can delete the tweaked character and reload the original.

Well tried it. Using char editor I'll have to open it every time I need to add points into skills after the 10th. Kind of a hassle this way, but doable. Thx for help.

@dimitrius154 is this how you were able to 13 in your mod? How did you get your skill sheet to represent the skills 11,12,13?

21 hours ago, jedijimi said:

How did you get your skill sheet to represent the skills 11,12,13?

That part is softcoded so long as you don't try to exceed the 16 skill cap. The file to be edited is within skin-xml.zip, the "Windows\Attributes.xml".  Find the line "<CWindow template="skill.slot" name="skillslot.0">" that's where the skill GUI solution starts. Technically, you can copy/paste that part from the Addendum's Attributes.xml, the main rectangle dimensions should be the same. 

Well I see there is alot more to it then picking skills and growing window to make this work for me. I can manage extra skill through the 'char editor', but not on the in game screen.  When I click 'new' skill nothing happens, so now I know there's more files to trigger. I was hoping this would be an easy venture, so now I tip hat a little deeper to the modders. Thx all. I will manage my 11,12,13 skill via char editor, unless it simpler than I am currently imagining or someone would guide me.

• Appreciation 1
  • 5 months later...
On 5/21/2022 at 8:37 PM, jedijimi said:

Well I see there is alot more to it then picking skills and growing window to make this work for me. I can manage extra skill through the 'char editor', but not on the in game screen.  When I click 'new' skill nothing happens, so now I know there's more files to trigger. I was hoping this would be an easy venture, so now I tip hat a little deeper to the modders. Thx all. I will manage my 11,12,13 skill via char editor, unless it simpler than I am currently imagining or someone would guide me.

After modification, a new slot will be added, but the newly added skill will not be automatically filled into the slot, only "Empty" will be displayed
Might have to do something else to get it to display properly? Not sure

• Thanks! 1