Chance for double hits and weapon CAs.

Specifically the chance from weapon mastery. I just tested that the chance for double hits from gear (Gronkor's Downfall with Pelting Strikes without the double hit mod) DOES work on weapon CAs.

One could then probably assume that the double hit chance from weapon mastery would also work, but as attack speed from gear and weapon lore behaves differently, I can't say for sure. Does anybody have a character with some melee weapon lore mastered and could quickly test it? And if it does work, how would it stack with other sources? Simply add up the chance from gear and the weapon mastery? Or diminishing returns like Deathblow?

Edited by idbeholdME
9 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

One could then probably assume that the double hit chance from weapon mastery would also work,

This actually doesn't work at all, period.  Weapon mastery just boosts the existing attack value/speed even more.   At least that's the last I heard from Dmitriy from his examinations of the mechanics.

I would think that Chance for Double Hits would just stack right up to 100%, just like Critical Hits.

• zomgod! 1
1 hour ago, Flix said:

This actually doesn't work at all, period.  Weapon mastery just boosts the existing attack value/speed even more.   At least that's the last I heard from Dmitriy from his examinations of the mechanics.

Really? That honestly seems unlikely. Especially when the gear bonus works both on normal hits and CAs. The double hit chance is missing from Ranged Weapon Mastery (which is logical as they can't trigger it except when it's coming from CA mods directly), but all the melee weapons have it at Mastery. If it had been broken this entire time, I'd assume there would be some info around about it.

Guess I'll probably just quickly cheat a character to 75 and try it out.

EDIT:

@Flix  Well I'll be damned, it actually does not work. Absolutely no difference in the amount of damage instances before and after mastery. Tried Polearms, Swords and Dual Wield, so it can probably be safely assumed that Hafted Weapons don't work too. This is extremely disappointing as the weapon lore skills have already been quite unimpactful... And this relegates them to the "avoid unless you have skill slots left open or just desperately need attack/execution speed" position. Well, Character Editor will come to the rescue once again, as I had already picked Polearms on my Seraphim solely for the Mastery bonus that I assumed was working :ohmy:Dashing Alacrity covers all Attack Speed needs and I'm not gonna restart for the 3rd time just because of information I didn't have :Just_Cuz_21:At least now I can squeeze in Alchemy without second thoughts.

But given that the item modifier works, could this part of the weapon lores potentially be fixed somehow?

Either way, I will probably put a disclaimer on all the wiki pages with melee weapon Lores that the Mastery bonus is bugged. That's quite a big deal.

Edited by idbeholdME

I wondered if all normal weapon attacks can double hit with other characters besides the Temple Guardian. I'm pretty sure the Temple Guardian has certain attacks in its normal attack set that don't double hit.

There need to be a name for that. A chunk of animation, a clip maybe? There's probably a term for it already.

I have only checked this on the PlayStation and I'm pretty sure the only double hit chance I had was the passive from one of the battle forms. Sorry it has been a few years.

Edited by JadeRabbit

Okay cool, thank you.

Now I need to find a way to edit base skills. I have been wanting to do this for Speed Lore anyways. I feel that the movement speed bonus is a bit weak to be its mastery.

Edited by JadeRabbit