My first ever legendary in Sacred 2 :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 3:50 PM, idbeholdME said:

It finally happened.  :JC_hurrah:Probably more than a thousand hours over the years, I finally got to see an orange text item. It happened on Silver, but still. Got this from the Sinister Prince in the Swamps:

legend.jpg.fb60db37295e6cf4a362b0ebc71eb375.jpg

Character level 63 with Enhanced Perception at 87. Seems like Enhanced Perception is pretty much mandatory to have a feasible chance to get one. None of my characters without it ever got one. I hope it won't stop there :oooo:

Congratulations Amigo, oh oh ohoh, what a feeling!
:D

It is an AMAZING feeling!

lol at the time the game gave us so little.  And i remember following the germans who had calculated that for every 100 guardians you killed you got a legendary...and in HC this was HARD...but i kept at it and Blooey.. my first legendary...and what a dud hahahahha.. some widows thing i forget now...but what a crow to the world it was for me! 

:dance2:

Have you gotten another one yet, or is that ring the only one ?

For closed in those days those legendaries became so valuable... we could trade them with our friends on the darkmatters clan in the old days (D.a.a.r.k) ! and I think one of my drops was some kind of ranged that a SW could use ...fabu!

:)

gogo

On 7/7/2022 at 7:24 PM, gogoblender said:

Have you gotten another one yet, or is that ring the only one ?

For closed in those days those legendaries became so valuable... we could trade them with our friends on the darkmatters clan in the old days (D.a.a.r.k) ! and I think one of my drops was some kind of ranged that a SW could use ...fabu!

Not yet. I only got back to and installed the PFP 1.3 today and will resume playing sometime this week.

And yeah, I can imagine them being valuable with drop rates like these. Would have loved to be able to get my hands on this on my ranged Shadow Warrior (juicy life steal :drool:):

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Khral's_Sceptre

But the chances of that ever happening are close to zero :sigh:. I generally don't plan any characters around legendaries, since they basically never drop for me, but a man can dream.

Then again, I pretty much never picked Enhanced Perception before and it seems to be already bearing fruit. I'll probably try to squeeze it into more builds now.

Edited by idbeholdME
On 7/10/2022 at 4:32 PM, idbeholdME said:

Not yet. I only got back to and installed the PFP 1.3 today and will resume playing sometime this week.

And yeah, I can imagine them being valuable with drop rates like these. Would have loved to be able to get my hands on this on my ranged Shadow Warrior (juicy life steal :drool:):

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Khral's_Sceptre

But the chances of that ever happening are close to zero :sigh:. I generally don't plan any characters around legendaries, since they basically never drop for me, but a man can dream.

Then again, I pretty much never picked Enhanced Perception before and it seems to be already bearing fruit. I'll probably try to squeeze it into more builds now.

When using mods though, isnt there a mod that can just make everything drop ? Re Khral's Sceptre... that was a hot ticket item for me when it dropped .. high level too...everyone in our clan here was asking for it!

:4rofl:

gogo

6 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

When using mods though, isnt there a mod that can just make everything drop ? Re Khral's Sceptre... that was a hot ticket item for me when it dropped .. high level too...everyone in our clan here was asking for it!

:4rofl:

gogo

You can just edit drop rates in balance.txt, but where's the fun in that? :Cherna_24:

• Appreciation 1
4 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

You can just edit drop rates in balance.txt, but where's the fun in that? :Cherna_24:

Thats what i love hearing

Keep going then as us humans keep doing...youll get something sick...khrals was pretty spectacular and let me open up some cool ideas of buildling... melee AND ranged was some interesting balancing

:hugs:

gogo

• 1 month later...

Just got another one :JC_hurrah:FINALLY.

leg.jpg.3cf3458f96c8d34dbb52f706b6181dbf.jpg

Dropped from the final Guardian. Have to say though, the Legendary drop rates are absolutely abysmal. It took SOOOOO many boss kills (Guardians, Dragons, side-bosses, main quest bosses). And that's with Enhanced Perception at level 190 and additional 56.5% Chance to Find Valuables from gear + map explored. I think it actually might be pointless to attempt farming legendaries on a character without Enhanced Perception.

Edited by idbeholdME
1 hour ago, idbeholdME said:

Just got another one :JC_hurrah:FINALLY.

leg.jpg.3cf3458f96c8d34dbb52f706b6181dbf.jpg

Dropped from the final Guardian. Have to say though, the Legendary drop rates are absolutely abysmal. It took SOOOOO many boss kills (Guardians, Dragons, side-bosses, main quest bosses). And that's with Enhanced Perception at level 190 and additional 56.5% Chance to Find Valuables from gear + map explored. I think it actually might be pointless to attempt farming legendaries on a character without Enhanced Perception.

Gratz!! 

Feells good right ?

When i was farming legendares i strictly did only guardian runs

I think its one drop per 400? , so you only need 100 times to get a legendary

gogo

17 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Gratz!! 

Feells good right ?

When I was farming legendares I strictly did only guardian runs

I think its one drop per 400? , so you only need 100 times to get a legendary

gogo

A decent weapon. Towards the higher end on raw damage as far as Legendaries go, but there are many unique 1 handed weapons with much higher base damage (Desert Saber, Flame Smiter, Ice Flash etc.). The bonuses on the Lang are also nothing stellar as well. Well, the HP regen is never bad and the knockback is mediocre at best, but it has a pretty high chance on it. It can mitigate some damage by keeping the enemies off of you, but nothing to help with damage. The 2 gold slots are nice I guess.

If I only ran the Guardians, I'd probably go insane. And I wouldn't call 100 times "only" :P 

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Haha 1

And another one. This one didn't take that long. Probably could be used in some ranged/caster hybrid build:

another.jpg.d6dfc616bd0ed6013ea935fc80fe29bd.jpg

Massive chunk of Intelligence, 1/3rd chance to halve regen, massive casting speed useful for countering any speed penalty from over-levelling CAs and 2 gold slots. Probably the best Legendary bow. Still not the Khral's Sceptre I've been looking for, but probably the first usable Legendary I've found :oooo: This one dropped from the T-Energy reservoir or the "egg" as the community seems to have called it back in the day.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1

Legendaries are kind of "meh" in vanilla.  The drop rates are terrible and the modifiers are underwhelming.  Many are outclassed by uniques that are MUCH easier to find.

You really have to experience this kind of thing firsthand before you can understand why a modder might adjust drop rates or rebalance modifiers on gear.

16 hours ago, Flix said:

Legendaries are kind of "meh" in vanilla.  The drop rates are terrible and the modifiers are underwhelming.  Many are outclassed by uniques that are MUCH easier to find.

You really have to experience this kind of thing firsthand before you can understand why a modder might adjust drop rates or rebalance modifiers on gear.

Indeed, the drop rate is absolutely horrendous. I also actually went over the vanilla Legendary list and there are only a couple which I'd call desirable:

Arnum's Prevalence for a caster character.

Khral's Sceptre, due to being the only ranged weapon with % LL, decent damage and 3 slots. Besides Shurikens of course but their LL % stops at a lower threshold. In the vanilla, it really feels that Shurikens landed with a wrong bonus category and should have just had the bonuses of other ranged weapons.

Legend. Very good damage and bonuses. The only flaw is the singular slot.

Michel's Forging Hammer. Another decent 2-handed hafted. Good damage, double hit chance and 3 slots.

Moraya's Fire Sword. While 2-handed swords leave a lot to be desired, this Legendary would fix their reputation with its massive damage. Too bad it's a Legendary, so 99.8% of players will never see it.

The Legendary Relics with CtFV. Definitely the best option for a character with Enhanced Perception.

Silithar's Malice. Reasons in the previous post.

Stradal's Hammer. Just massive damage for a 1-hander. Might be the best 1-handed hafted in the game and comes guaranteed off a quest.

The Forbidden Punisher. Shadow Warrior is a happy boy. Another decent 2-handed hafted. Huge damage, great bonuses, 2 gold slots.

The Second Ring. Incredible ring. Would love to have dozens of these.

• Like! 1

ha ha ha

okay okay okay

so maybe 100 runs killing four bosses at a time is horrible chances...but it was all we had! I had true tears when that legendary for me in this game... no wonder Sacred broke me :D

:crazy:

gogo

On 8/28/2022 at 5:07 AM, idbeholdME said:

Khral's Sceptre, due to being the only ranged weapon with % LL, decent damage and 3 slots. Besides Shurikens of course but their LL % stops at a lower threshold. In the vanilla, it really feels that Shurikens landed with a wrong bonus category and should have just had the bonuses of other ranged weapons.

godly

You could spend a loooong time building out innumerable exciting builds with this weapon,

game changer

It actually did drop for me,

clan found out and everyone wanted to "borrow" it

:eek:

gogo

Fished out another one today. Dropped from the ice Guardian:

legring.jpg.dc5f92aad451583fec1fabce588b04ef.jpg

It's a Legendary ring, but sadly not the one from the list above (The Second Ring). But already got 2 out of the 4 total Legendary rings. This one is at least interesting because it has a scaling Casting Speed on it based on your Armor Lore Skill, which probably makes it the only item in the game to have such a bonus. Could maybe find use to speed up weapon based CA execution speed on a character that uses weapon CAs but doesn't have space to take a Weapon Lore, But it'd be an extremely niche use anyway. Probably just gonna collect dust on my Legendary item mule.

Edited by idbeholdME

And another one today. Finally a drop that did not come from the Guardians. Kral was kind enough to drop me this:

gruma.jpg.d7a2afa2d1dc116e374cbec2b00b4e9a.jpg

Looking up on the wiki, it's listed in the CM Patch section. @Flix Looking at the PFP 1.2 patch notes, I see that 14 Legendaries from the CM section on the wiki are now able to drop.

o Arnum's Signet (Ring)
o Charo's Brilliance (Ring)
o Charo's Sparkle (Ring)
o Gruma's Breath of Perdition (Staff)
o Gruma's Talisman (Amulet)
o Insignia of Thunder (Amulet)
o Kira's Iridescent Shard (Amulet)
o Kira's Guardian (Ring)
o Khral's Ring (Ring)
o Nitao's Amulet of Agony (Amulet)
o Nitao's Ring of Suffering (Ring)
o Shadow of Urtak (Ring)
o Star of Illumination (Ring)
o Star of Silithar (Amulet)

Were these items always in the game, but just not dropping properly? The PFP notes only state that they were probably meant to be parts of a set, but not why they weren't dropping previously. I assume they're not custom items, so probably just restored and included to the drop lists?

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1

Got extremely lucky today. On my first run, the fire damage Guardian dropped this :oooo:

maritha.jpg.dc4f47528045144a5c3ae5aca045568b.jpg

A Legendary rarity set piece, part of the Bratgrimace's Legacy set. A very good amulet for builds that take a ton of Combat Art Skills. Not hoping to assemble the entire set, but the weapon in it would definitely be nice to have.

• Like! 1
On 8/31/2022 at 4:54 PM, idbeholdME said:

Got extremely lucky today. On my first run, the fire damage Guardian dropped this :oooo:

maritha.jpg.dc4f47528045144a5c3ae5aca045568b.jpg

A Legendary rarity set piece, part of the Bratgrimace's Legacy set. A very good amulet for builds that take a ton of Combat Art Skills. Not hoping to assemble the entire set, but the weapon in it would definitely be nice to have.

Bravo..you're on a lucky streak friend! I'm not going to ask how many runs you have to persevere for to produce such bounty!

:lol:

gogo

Scored another one:

Kira.jpg.fb2a79df50fbcc29ee8e64426229e028.jpg

Another of the ones restored in the PFP.

@Flix A quick question about its rarity tier. It was originally a set item (although never dropping). Is it the same rarity tier as it was originally or has it been bumped to tier 15 as it's now a Legendary item?

Even then, I'd maybe consider keeping the restored items as parts of their respective sets (without bonuses) in the PFP instead of changing them to Legendaries.

Edited by idbeholdME
On 9/7/2022 at 12:35 PM, idbeholdME said:

I GOT IT!!! :oooo: I GOT IT!!! :oooo: I GOT IT!!!  :oooo:  I GOT IT!!! :oooo: I GOT IT!!! :oooo: I GOT IT!!! :oooo: I GOT IT!!! :oooo: I GOT IT!!! :oooo: I GOT IT!!! :oooo:  I GOT IT!!!  :oooo: I GOT IT!!!  :oooo:

Dropped on my first Guardian run today:

KHRAL.jpg.02236eee1169d0f608b34b98d03ea7a6.jpg

:JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah::JC_hurrah:

Khral2.thumb.jpg.67a0862524059fdf42eb052cc46bf769.jpg

Can't wait to pass this to my ranged Shadow Warrior. Might bring him back from retirement for a while.

The ONe! All ranged leech ... POSSIBLE

Will you used it with a SW or Seraphim?

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

The ONe! All ranged leech ... POSSIBLE

Will you used it with a SW or Seraphim?

It was the dream weapon of my ranged Shadow Warrior, but I already retired him at level 176. But I might eventually come back to him to destroy some bosses with it.

Also got another legendary rarity (I think) set item in my last run for the day:

saint.jpg.1187235cf5af1788df9ae951aadd38de.jpg

Knew that the set existed but this is the first time ever I actually saw a piece of the set in-game.

Also on a side note, I decided to finally start pumping Enhanced Perception above 75 base points. It could be a coincidence, but it feels like the frequency of Legendaries went up very slightly. Not sure if I will bring it all the way to cap or not, but as this Seraphim was mostly intended to test out the effectiveness of EP (among other things), I might go for the cap even through the massive diminishing returns. Currently sitting at these stats related to finding Legendaries:

EPcurrent.jpg.c1a913f26eab7216a38385da456cc0d3.jpg

CTFV.jpg.92199f79f2947ac5529558573b53b3aa.jpg

SB.jpg.39c4934e02a173a342944e8c3c8f5ef4.jpg

Still incredibly grindy. Can't even imagine how impossible it would be to get a Legendary without Enhanced Perception.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1