My first ever legendary in Sacred 2 :D

Well, a duplicate was bound to happen sooner or later, so at least it's, once again, The Khral's Scepter :D Don't know why it dropped at level 225 from a level 207 enemy, but I'm not going to question it :O 

Khral2.png.f97a7d26362b30169f1ffe3c3e1817ae.png

Edited by idbeholdME
  • zomgod! 1

I was a bit lazy with finishing the campaign but there's just 2 bosses left now and I want to do some bossfarming as well. :smile:

Do you have a recommended farm route? I usually also do a few specific quests every server restart for set pieces, but you might have recommendations what to do on every restart?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 12:22 PM, idbeholdME said:

Well, a duplicate was bound to happen sooner or later, so at least it's, once again, The Khral's Scepter :D Don't know why it dropped at level 225 from a level 207 enemy, but I'm not going to question it :O 

Khral2.png.f97a7d26362b30169f1ffe3c3e1817ae.png

A pretty good roll for your first double!

:dance2:

gogo

On 9/28/2022 at 10:25 AM, idbeholdME said:

Another piece for the collection today:

protec.jpg.4fd4520074d18831740390587ee60ab3.jpg

Nothing special, but expanding the rarity 15 collection is always nice.

If you want Legendaries, it has to be enemies with dangerclass 9 or 10. That means only bosses/mini-bosses.

The Guardians are a given. If you don't mind the repetitiveness, spam farming only them is probably the most efficient. 4 boss kills + the energy reservoir means 5 rolls at the boss drop pools.

My slightly extended farm run is Guardians - Kral - Raging Boar. Guardians from the monolith and Kral and Boar are pretty close to a portal.

When I do a full run, it's Guardians - Kral - Poison Lord - Raging Boar - Harpy Queen - Garganthropod - Holos - Grunwald Dragon. And when I feel like it, I also include Gar Colossus. The other bosses/mini bosses are a bit too far from portals to run regularly/efficiently.

A potential alternative for single player, using the F7 save is utilizing the 2 mini-bosses that respawn on every reload. That means either the Forest Guardian or the restored T-Energy Dragon. You can start right next to them on every load.

I also recommend farming some map explored before beginning your runs. Make a visibility range set and run through the game on a low difficulty. Entering caves/dungeons is the most efficient. I aim for 140%+ on my end game characters, which is free 35% CtFV. Got 144.2% map explored on my Seraphim and 150.8% on my Shadow Warrior. I might actually re-run the game in an updated visibility range set, as the jewelry has scaled up several % as I gained a couple dozen levels since I first ran the map.

I like the roadmap to your runs. I found, that even though staying strictly to a diet of Guardians was effective, it was quickly monotonous

Cept for that poison Guardian... he remained , no matter what, ALWAYS dangerous...at least to my wee widdle Dryad

:lol:

gogo

Finally broke a very long lasting drought. Legendaries seemingly started refusing to drop for several days but the curse was hopefully broken today:

magi.png.d09d2c66e7677fd578f81fb3a3966295.png

More of a niche weapon. Low average damage, no sockets and bonuses to all attributes can't really be utilized fully by any character, but at least it's not another Boneslicer, which I got 2 of before removing it from the regular droplists :/

EDIT:

Oh yes, another hit:

kralam.png.8f9f1cdc7a556765e3adbeccf45ab9ea.png

One of the restored Legendaries in the PFP, which was absent from all droplists in vanilla. Could find use on characters that might have issues getting movement speed to 150%. And a decent chunk of Spell Block can also be useful.

Also, one observation. I seem to be getting better drops overall when killing enemies in melee. It might be just a feeling, but for the past couple of days, I've been killing the bosses with a shield + a CtFV Shuriken, totaling at 78.2% Chance to Find Valuables. Compared to before, when I've been killing enemies with a polearm with no CtFV on it, the overall quality of drops seemed to have gone down. A lot less set items, no Legendaries and blue items regularly showing up. Today, the moment I swap back to the polearm weapon and kill the bosses with it, I get 2 Legendaries within a couple of hours. Could just be coincidence, but it might also point to some weird interaction in the game mechanics. Something along the lines of Chances to Find Valuables not working with ranged weapons. Hopefully not, but nevertheless, I seem to be getting better results when finishing bosses with melee. Of course, I have no hard data to back this up, just an observation from many, many hours of boss runs.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1

Another catch today:

nitao.png.474c7d6f10aa6e82b68241392768b021.png

One of the 3 Nitao named items. They are set items in the CM Patch, but drop as individual Legendaries in PFP as in vanilla, only the Hammer was dropping and the other two pieces were absent from all drop lists.

And on a slightly different note, I just got this double All Skills roll rare amulet, that might as well have been of Legendary rarity :D

amulet.png.1b1db2be558fe5b2bf5fe35c8a43f217.png

Put in a Gold socket, it comes out at a total of +22 to All Skills. Probably the best item in the game I've found so far, not going to lie:4rofl:

7 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

Another catch today:

nitao.png.474c7d6f10aa6e82b68241392768b021.png

One of the 3 Nitao named items. They are set items in the CM Patch, but drop as individual Legendaries in PFP as in vanilla, only the Hammer was dropping and the other two pieces were absent from all drop lists.

And on a slightly different note, I just got this double All Skills roll rare amulet, that might as well have been of Legendary rarity :D

amulet.png.1b1db2be558fe5b2bf5fe35c8a43f217.png

Put in a Gold socket, it comes out at a total of +22 to All Skills. Probably the best item in the game I've found so far, not going to lie:4rofl:

Nice work with the loots.

That Amulet is insane! now... possible to get more so you can only socket these?

:D

gogo

20 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Nice work with the loots.

That Amulet is insane! now... possible to get more so you can only socket these?

It is definitely possible. But the probability of getting a double All Skills roll (or double any bonus really) on the same item out of dozens of possible bonuses is extremely low.

This is actually a 2nd double All Skills amulet I got in hundreds of hours of playtime. I got the first one a long time ago, but it was considerably lower level:

all.png.5d25cdb737134c3666fdfd0e81260c12.png

+12 in a Gold socket.

EDIT:

One more addition to the collection:

spirit.png.91044856aa9f7b71009ec902ddc62a03.png

This makes The Second Ring, the only Legendary Ring I'd actually find desirable, the only one I haven't got yet :/ 

EDIT 2:

And another one. The 2nd dagger of the Slagelamber's Relics set. That leaves only the Amulet to complete the set. Might be the first rarity 15 set I complete.

saint.png.3f6221d4ea5d35666231d8e921d82b97.png

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1

Oh yeah, we're cooking now. Another relic for the collection:

relic2.png.9e24bf0bdcceab278dbc706b91166c0d.png

Now to find a poison one to complete the set. The resistances on these are absolutely massive and the huge CtFV chunk will make farming further Legendaries a bit easier :drool:Now I'm really appreciating that I put more than 75 hard points into Enhanced Perception. I'm missing 42 EP from the 2 relics I swapped for the legendary ones, but still sitting at a comfortable 286. If I get one more Legendary relic, it's going down to 265, which is still well above the mandatory 250.

EDIT:
Just go my first class-specific Legendary:

wings.png.e758b95926f1fdecd6633f5f980451a2.png

Would actually be pretty decent, if it wasn't for the useless Pacifism. A very high chunk of Direct Damage and 2 Gold slots. Would definitely pump out more damage than Endijan's Wings, but the all channel damage mitigation on Endijan's Wings is just too godly to pass up. This has higher Physical mitigation, but physical is probably the least problematic damage type.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1

Another decent drop today:

arnum.png.4dfaecf44aacd18c4ec45b1590f4fbb1.png

Great bonuses. The only flaw is the very mediocre damage numbers, compared to even something as easily available as Bull's-Eye. It can be compensated by socketing a couple more damage rings into the gear, but it brings down the otherwise pretty much perfect package of bonuses.

Edited by idbeholdME
2 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

Another decent drop today:

arnum.png.4dfaecf44aacd18c4ec45b1590f4fbb1.png

Great bonuses. The only flaw is the very mediocre damage numbers, compared to even something as easily available as Bull's-Eye. It can be compensated by socketing a couple more damage rings into the gear, but it brings down the otherwise pretty much perfect package of bonuses.

Great find...lookit the regentime on this darling... its only when you get certain combos mods together that you can generate a whole new "feel" on a wep

also a great way to boost at last minute before a boss drops your valuables find !

:viking:

gogo

Got the 2nd Jewelry piece of the Bratgrimace's Legacy set:

Tristan.png.d7a6b1e3203c0a9a125e0e85e77b3dc0.png

That leaves only the most interesting part of the set - the Spear, to complete the set. Important to note that it's yet another rarity tier 15 jewelry piece and once again, not The Second Ring:blowup:

• zomgod! 1

Came back after a break and was greeted by this on my first run of the day:

dagg.png.787ef9db6a4c4c093ed99226d637c836.png

Decent bonuses and 3 slots are also nice. The base damage is a bit low though.

EDIT:
Got another Dagger of the Assassins a bit later and another Arnum's Pathfinder after that. The duplicate storm has come a bit sooner than expected. There are still a ton of Legendaries I haven't seen :( 

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1

Another Legendary ring and once again, not The Second Ring. The game must be taunting me at this point....

khralring.png.6e3fb8b9ade3db664558462c7b427706.png

At least this one is actually quite decent. Pretty high evade reduction and decent chunk of attack speed. Could be very useful on characters that might have trouble getting their hit chance up or are running without a weapon skill and have no other means of increasing attack speed.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1

FINALLY!!!!! Persistence paid off:

TSR.jpg.06fa9ef0f21a8c973e61bee3e0a27a6a.jpg

Also got it at the absolute highest level. Character level 196 with enemies being at 230, I still got the level 245 version. The reason is, because it seems that the T-Energy reservoir in the middle of the Guardians is capable of dropping slightly higher level versions of items than all other enemies are (has higher level than regular enemies). The 2nd Khral's Sceptre I posted earlier at the top of this page which I wasn't high enough level to use, was also from the reservoir.

Bosses started dropping level 240 Set Items at level 229. So my guess is that the reservoir counts as 3-4 levels higher than other enemies.

Edited by idbeholdME
2 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

FINALLY!!!!! Persistence paid off:

TSR.jpg.06fa9ef0f21a8c973e61bee3e0a27a6a.jpg

Also got it at the absolute highest level. Character level 196 with enemies being at 230, I still got the level 245 version. The reason is, because it seems that the T-Energy reservoir in the middle of the Guardians is capable of dropping slightly higher level versions of items than all other enemies are (has higher level than regular enemies). The 2nd Khral's Sceptre I posted earlier at the top of this page which I wasn't high enough level to use, was also from the reservoir.

Bosses started dropping level 240 Set Items at level 229. So my guess is that the reservoir counts as 3-4 levels higher than other enemies.

Thats AWESOME!!! What a drop... I guess that would be the best socketable ring in the game?

Congratulations on the crazy find AND the level...

now...  we only need a replicator

gogo

25 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Thats AWESOME!!! What a drop... I guess that would be the best socketable ring in the game?

Congratulations on the crazy find AND the level...

now...  we only need a replicator

gogo

Probably one of the best, barring some incredibly good rares like I posted earlier for example with the double All Skills roll. But it's a great thing about this game. Many rares do have a potential to be just as good, if not better than Uniques/Sets/Legendaries. I am wearing a rare chestpiece on most of my characters simply because rare armors can roll with damage mitigation. This is the armor I'm wearing on my level 196 Seraphim:

chest.jpg.1127a4db2d6490699dd2771ada996930.jpg

As for the replicator, it's called "backing up the shared stash file" :D

But I'm not duping items. At least not on the characters which I play honestly.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Haha 1

good for not duping that !  that keeps the game edgy.

You make me wanna pull up my dryad that i uploaded here years ago...she was SO amped up in almost every socket... i remember near the end i would end up (as much as i could )  just trying any combos to get a "feel" of kill speed.

kill speed to me was everything, and sometimes just looking at numbers just doesn't give us enough "feel"

Almost gave up hope is I had hit an incredible draught these last few days. Finally managed to get a couple more duplicates (Magisil, Bergonix Amulet, another Arnum bow) and finally got a new drop:

soorn.jpg.286546077bcd6a918736071736edfa29.jpg

Could be a very decent caster weapon. 27 to all CAs is simply massive and still has 2 gold sockets open. The damage itself is pretty lacking so probably wouldn't make a very good weapon for actually hitting stuff.

The drop came right on time, just as I am about to ding level 200 on my first character ever. Granted, I'm playing with reduced XP penalties past level 100, but it was still a massive grind. After that, I might try doing some Niobium side boss quests in the save/reload fashion á la Sacred 1. As Sacred 2 no longer has the save/load feature, saving right before the boss, backing up the save, killing him and quitting to menu + restoring the save if nothing relevant drops is a good way to replicate the way it was done in Sacred 1. Takes much longer, but still doable.

Overall, I have to say that the vanilla Legendary droprates are pretty low. But that actually isn't the main problem. The main problem is that only bosses and mini-bosses are capable of dropping them. So even if you manage to roll a rarity tier 15 when killing normal enemies, they will still not drop Legendary items as they simply don't have them as an option in their droplists. In my next modding endeavor, I will try testing and playing with an adjusted drop.txt file, where I will attempt to grant more enemies in the game access to drop lists that contain Legendaries. I don't know whether the original devs intended the late game (so basically levels 125-200) to consist of just running bosses non-stop, but it really isn't that much fun, doing it for hours and hours. If I could just run around anywhere in Ancaria and still have a chance for Legendaries, it'd be awesome. Which is why I am going to attempt to do so :smile:

It's been fun getting to play through the vanilla conditions, but this is one area of the game that could definitely use improvement IMO.

On 11/5/2022 at 4:07 AM, gogoblender said:

good for not duping that !  that keeps the game edgy.

You make me wanna pull up my dryad that I uploaded here years ago...she was SO amped up in almost every socket... I remember near the end I would end up (as much as I could )  just trying any combos to get a "feel" of kill speed.

kill speed to me was everything, and sometimes just looking at numbers just doesn't give us enough "feel"

Decent kill speed is important, but once you reach a certain point, it doesn't really matter whether a Guardian kill takes 10 seconds or 9. I am using a LL% throwable + a shield to have more sockets for CtFV, but I kill the Guardians quicker with my main weapon - The Impaler of Heroes and just spamming Soul Hammer at them. Which by itself is already a huge success because beating LL% on bosses with normal damage is extremely difficult. The fastest kill for me is a combo - bringing them to Deathblow level with the LL% and finishing them off with the Impaler Soul Hammer spam. 7 or so seconds if I don't get an unlucky miss streak. But I am still finishing them off a second or two slower for the extra CtFV from the sockets.

EDIT:
Before I start fiddling with the drops in any way, I am going to farm the mini-bosses using the save/restore save method if nothing drops. Just did it on Holos and scored an awesome Legendary drop. It saves a lot of time, not having to run up to the minibosses every time and cuts out some of the tedium (I am so sick of Guardian runs, levelling up to 200...). But the cost is that you can do this only once per boss, as the quest is completed once you get an item you want. I specifically left all the side bosses alive in my Niob playthrough to farm them this way once on the level cap. It does remind me of the mandatory save/load I always did before bosses in Sacred 1 :P Anyway, here goes. DRUMROLL........

Kirashield.jpg.a395b5c79186cf23150bc2c0c14ad506.jpg

Yep, just got the best shield in the game at the absolute max level. Wasn't expecting it to happen this fast. Literally the first Legendary Holos dropped. The bonuses on this are so godly it's not even funny. Not to mention the ludicrously high block chances for melee AND ranged attacks that'd unlock with Shield Lore. I can cross this puppy off my collection list :oooo:This is absolutely one of the best items in the unmodded game.

One thing that sucks about these very high level items overall though is that most characters won't get to use them for most of their life time. A character actually has to be at least level 199 to use this shield :sigh: So it's more of an exhibition piece than anything else. It dropped from level 235 Holos. Legendaries seem to be heavily favored toward dropping the higher level step version when they can. If it was a normal Unique, it would drop the level 230 version, which would have at least been usable from level 183. But alas....

EDIT 2:

I just realized that there is no need to farm all the bosses. In the PFP at least, there are 3 side bosses that respawn even in single player. Those are the Forest Guardian (this one was even in vanilla, dangerclass 9), the restored Turtle boss in the pirate cave (dangerclass 9) and the T-Energy Dragon in the T fields north of the desert (dangerclass 10). This probably makes the T-Energy dragon the most convenient to farm. Just load, kill, loot, exit and repeat as many times as you want. It ultimately doesn't matter whether you kill a dangerclass 9 or 10 enemy, as their drop lists are basically the same, so a free choice of the 3 as they all can drop Legendaries.

Edited by idbeholdME