Pre-Nerf Viperish Disease

Nekrotik

As I said, I never actually played her. So didn't experience the exploit-like behavior of either staves or Viperish Disease. But simply looking at the numbers for the Nature Weaver CAs and their mods, they seem too high to me. I might be wrong, but I think I've played enough of the game to be able to judge this just from studying her CAs.

19 hours ago, Vishanka said:

with the dryad that's not possible because of all that mandatory skills that block half of your choices.. 

1 Focus and 1 Lore is not half the skills. The most obvious build I can see for a caster Dryad:

Nature Weaver Focus

Nature Weaver Lore

Ancient Magic

Combat Discipline

Concentration

Cabalistic Voodoo Lore

Cabalistic Voodoo Focus

Spell Resistance

Armor Lore

Constitution

Has everything that is necessary. The 3 best Defensive Skills she has access to and every spell related skill. She will recover full health every 3-4 seconds so you don't even have to focus on Mitigation on gear and go for even more damage.

That's good enough to not get killed in Blood Forest, and you just need the Focus, no Lore like with the Dryad. if you don't want to run blood forest you don't need the skill at all, other characters don't have any defense against it either

Any character can run it, because the best defense in Blood Forest is simply not running into groups of eyes. There's actually not that many of them to begin with and it would have to be like 4+ at once (as it's ~20-25% max HP in damage) near each other to really have the potential to kill you. The DoT part of the life leech lightning can be countered by Detrimental Effect Reduction/Mitigation and the hit itself by physical armor/Mitigation. A TG without Constitution and using Shroud will have an extremely easy time in Blood Forest. Mine has 12K HP and 25K shields, so he could tank like 15 hits at once, which can't even happen in the game. As the life leech is based off of max HP, he can tank anything. Ranged characters can also run it pretty much without issues as they never have to get near the eyes to begin with. Any character with summons can just make the eyes hit the summon (don't think a single Eye hit me on my Shadow Warrior). Not to mention that the eyes do absolutely nothing once they cast the one spell and wait for the cooldown. There are heaps of ways to run Blood Forest safely. I fear Elite bears more than the entire Blood Forest :D (excluding Abishai of course).

What do you need a skill that hits like a truck for?

Bosses, Elites. Unless you are literally one-shotting every enemy, more damage is always good. Not to mention the related Spell Intensity increase, guaranteeing every spell doing full damage AND the critical hit chance of spells (50 INT = 1% Crit Chance).

To sum it up, Nature Weaver alone is enough to raise 2 of the 6 attributes (INT + WIL) to levels unachievable by any other character, give you infinite sustain, increase your offensive capabilites and even provide a utility spell (root).

Edited by idbeholdME
12 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

1 Focus and 1 Lore is not half the skills.

And combat reflexes or whatever and armor lore and concentration if you don't do nature only. That's 5...

Of course that's the most obvious choice, except for voodoo lore which is not needed, but you cannot create many other builds around that because 5 skills are blocked for your defense

You can switch voodoo with the hunter aspect and replace ancient magic and constitution by adding a weapons skill (and only range is strong on her) but that's it for the most part, some chose voodoo focus for the 3 point exploit for the disease, and that I criticize heavily, it's boring and always the same builds