Sacred Underworld - Editor Request for Sound.PAK File

Hello, I want to change some of sounds in game. I don't like Dwarf's shooting sounds. I want to replace these sounds with another I like. I can extract the PAK files but I can not change it. How can I create whole new PAK file for Sacred? Can someone help me about it?

• The title was changed to Sacred Underworld - Editor Request for Sound.PAK File

You won´t come far. The extractor gives the wrong names for the files.

Example:

Wrong: 21204324

Right: Zwerg_Blasta_Bomb_Schuss_01

Even if you got the right names, you have to speak German, since all files are named in German. It is a problem which can be solved, but there is still trouble. The game does not accept the new files in the pak folder. A re-pack of the sound.pak is not necessary afaik.

There is a person who has dealt with the issue before, but he is here only now and then. When I am back in buisness I will gladly ask him.

Edited by Dax
  • Appreciation 1

For the records:

I have muted the following file and put it into the pak folder. Just to test it.

First try:
SOUND_FX_FOOTSTEP_HEROFEMALE_WATER01
No

then:
1116 SOUND_FX_FOOTSTEP_HEROFEMALE_WATER01
No

then:
1116_SOUND_FX_FOOTSTEP_HEROFEMALE_WATER01
No

then
1116SOUND_FX_FOOTSTEP_HEROFEMALE_WATER01
No again

Since there is a difference between the extracted files and the sound list, new try:

First try:
01117 SOUND_FX_FOOTSTEP_HEROFEMALE_WATER01
No

then:
01117_SOUND_FX_FOOTSTEP_HEROFEMALE_WATER01
No

then:
01117SOUND_FX_FOOTSTEP_HEROFEMALE_WATER01
No.

File is .wav format, mono track. Thank you.

On 7/23/2022 at 6:50 AM, Rumplestilskin said:

Hello, I want to change some of sounds in game. I don't like Dwarf's shooting sounds. I want to replace these sounds with another I like. I can extract the PAK files but I can not change it. How can I create whole new PAK file for Sacred? Can someone help me about it?

Happy you made it over too the community Rumplestiltskin, heckuva name :D  ..andit looks like Ruddick gave you some great examples of his work and put it all together into a tidy video package for you with directions.

Enjoy the game , and...

welcome to DarkMatters!

:hugs:

gogo

• 1 year later...

Umm, ok, thanks and all, but where do I get this Multiex commander from? Man I'm already stuck at the first step, I can't even imagine what difficulties await me further in :sigh:

If I go to their site (at least what I think is their site) then all I get is the following message: "Apache is functioning normally" with a big blank page following. I couldn't get it from other sites either, and the wiki says "MultiEx Commander was a game resource archive manager..." in past tense. It's quite early in the morning and I'm not the sharpest tool to solve things like this anyway, so I might be missing something really obvious. Any advice maybe?

Edited by Sethi22