Sacred Interactive Map (new!)

6 hours ago, Virian said:

Hey,

Some time ago I got inspired by a post on a Polish forum where one of the users was trying to create Sacred map from minimap tiles in a browser. I actually thought it was a great idea because I didn't even know about existence of such map. That's when I found out that something like this is already on SacredWiki, although I wanted to have a more "complete" version. It sounded like a fun challenge.

So I started slowly coding the website, almost 2 years ago I believe. Well, that's how things usually go with programming side projects, I worked on it for a few days and left it, came back for next couple of days months later and so on. This weekend I finally finished zooming (I purposefully wrote it from scratch rather than using existing libraries) and deployed it on a free hosting so it's available for everyone now :)

You can check out the map here: https://sacredmap.netlify.app

I just want want to point out that I will be slowly updating it but I wouldn't count on frequent updates. But the map is certainly not finished yet so eventually some new features/markers will be available :)

Nice work Virian, love the filters

:)

gogo

I added a couple of new features since last weekend. Most importantly, cave entrances are now marked on the map and you can also see where they lead to. You can click on a marker and copy a link to it to share it with others. You can also click anywhere on the map to create your own marker that can be shared with others too :D For example, you want to show someone where is the Thorwyn's Club? Well, here https://sacredmap.netlify.app/?x=31265&y=11396 . I also added descriptions for some markers - if you notice something off - let me know.

What is interesting about caves is that some of them were created but are not accessible from anywhere. Some of them are empty but some have mobs inside - maybe they just forgot to connect them? For example you can clearly see 2 cave entrances in Embalmed Forest that just don't work or 1 on Crab Island. But the caves are there just the entrances were never connected :o 

• Respect! 1
1 hour ago, Virian said:

I added a couple of new features since last weekend. Most importantly, cave entrances are now marked on the map and you can also see where they lead to. You can click on a marker and copy a link to it to share it with others. You can also click anywhere on the map to create your own marker that can be shared with others too :D For example, you want to show someone where is the Thorwyn's Club? Well, here https://sacredmap.netlify.app/?x=31265&y=11396 . I also added descriptions for some markers - if you notice something off - let me know.

What is interesting about caves is that some of them were created but are not accessible from anywhere. Some of them are empty but some have mobs inside - maybe they just forgot to connect them? For example you can clearly see 2 cave entrances in Embalmed Forest that just don't work or 1 on Crab Island. But the caves are there just the entrances were never connected :o 

Its just brilliant work Virian. I was looking over all your modding for this game for past years now, and to see it all getting to this beautiful map is great love you give to the fans.  I had written earlier that the filters were superb... for me thats what always made these maps so useful, by getting to see all those de;ocopis layers.

Thank you for creating this masterpiece.

It is a valuable success and showpiece to this game's journey

:hugs:

gogo