Brainstorming topic for Sacred NL and Sacred Reborn

- Interdimensional trader
A trader whithout own gear who buys, stores and sells the items you gave him. Heros of all classes, levels and difficulties can access the items. Makes sense for people who play "self found" only. Suggestion: The trader in Porto Vallum who is hiding in the cave.

- Torches getting equipped like shields
As above. They also got a light radius and can be bought in stores. Some might have special properties.

- Pitch black caves and mines
To look more realistic

- Blanc background ambients for various caves, sewers and mines
4 blanc ambients for water caves, taverns, tombs, thief hideouts, or Dark Elf mines. To fill the blancs with life is the players job.

- Ambient sounds getting silenced in caves and mines
Bats, singing birds and gusts of wind are not welcome anymore in tombs, caves and mines.

- Introduction of charms and rune words like in Diablo2
There are at least a dozen unused textures in the game, so why not turning the useless game boxes into tomes, rune stones, or charms? Since enemies do not drop game boxes, the player has to search them.

• Like! 1
9 hours ago, Dax said:

- Interdimensional trader
A trader whithout own gear who buys, stores and sells the items you gave him. Heros of all classes, levels and difficulties can access the items. Makes sense for people who play "self found" only. Suggestion: The trader in Porto Vallum who is hiding in the cave.

- Torches getting equipped like shields
As above. They also got a light radius and can be bought in stores. Some might have special properties.

- Pitch black caves and mines
To look more realistic

- Blanc background ambients for various caves, sewers and mines
4 blanc ambients for water caves, taverns, tombs, thief hideouts, or Dark Elf mines. To fill the blancs with life is the players job.

- Ambient sounds getting silenced in caves and mines
Bats, singing birds and gusts of wind are not welcome anymore in tombs, caves and mines.

- Introduction of charms and rune words like in Diablo2
There are at least a dozen unused textures in the game, so why not turning the useless game boxes into tomes, rune stones, or charms? Since enemies do not drop game boxes, the player has to search them.

I remember when this game out and there were the torches (this was the demo, anyone remember that?  :bounce: ).. to here that satisfying "clink" when we were able to equip them and they were able to do small damage rising up,,, pretty thrilling  :D .. i dont remember now, were they able to put a D.O.T on something as well?

Your ideas for torches is great, I think everyone get spookedo out in dark caves with our small periphery of safety only lit by a small piece of burning wood.

Wanted to also mention that my biggest satisfaction with these mods was the break through with HD! I cant find the topic around here now, but when they found the way, it was like a whole world had lit up..

Brave and beautiful work Modders

:gogo:

gogo

1 hour ago, Dax said:

Z01.png.0126f2625dabac49ce415abcee4e82fd.png

Now THAT is marketing... a delicious list of christmas stocking stuffers, all for Sacred... love your imagination and thought here Dax.  This makes for a good second reason I'm enjoying my morning red-coffee

:lol:

gogo

I wonder who who blabla is...

wait...

Our game's HIDDEN god... all those years.. unearthed from old arctic (errr, something like that :lol: ) and now her items are released upon the world!, I guess kinda like that chest of evils... lol i cant remember its name now, but yah... 

THE LAST GOD (cmon... that tounds catchy right ? :D )

:blowup:

Mmh. I just asked myself lately how long would it take to find all the gear I got, without pressing F8 all the time and without transfering stuff between heros. Years, I guess. Would my hero have then the same firepower like he has it right now? Most likely not.

Under such circumstances, we talk about the "self found only" player, it makes sense to give the player the opportunity to boost the capacities of his hero for a moment. Since wilderness finds are to 99 percent useless, I had in mind to add magical fruits to the suggestion list. Imagine, piecing magical fruits to single shot combos together. The effects stack to make them useful, but there is a limit of allowed effects, let´s say 4, and if the player goes over it, the effects of the magical fruits cancel each other out. By turning fruits into single use combos, fruits should not start to pile up in your inventory.

Fruits can be seperated in common, rare and very rare, weak and powerful. Some can only be found in the desert, some only in the forests of Tyr Fasul.  Modifiers, like potion find, or a certain a character class, WE or BM, increases the chance to find magical fruits, solving all quests in an area, pacifying it, leads to happy citizens, who donate what they can spare. Seraphim gets an extra bonus, Vampiress not. Playing a bad guy, opens the doors of the black market for you, where you can buy what you need, if you got the money... The possibilities are endless.