Sacred Underworld New Game - Mods?

Hello, 

I played Sacred back when was released but didn't get far, then I got underworld, but at the time didn't know how to play it so never did...  now I have Sacred gold on steam with all software and addons.

It has been years since these game came out and now we have better hardware to run them. Right now the game doesn't load, but I found after doing a few things it works.

I was wondering if there is a community patch that patches issues and allows for widescreen monitors?  and not play in 4:3 or streched if 16:9 format.

I did try Reborn HD 4.3 I think... but the game is so difficult with this addon I had to remove it.   are there other mods/addons that are better? or needed?

4 hours ago, hordolur said:

Hello, 

I played Sacred back when was released but didn't get far, then I got underworld, but at the time didn't know how to play it so never did...  now I have Sacred gold on steam with all software and addons.

It has been years since these game came out and now we have better hardware to run them. Right now the game doesn't load, but I found after doing a few things it works.

I was wondering if there is a community patch that patches issues and allows for widescreen monitors?  and not play in 4:3 or streched if 16:9 format.

I did try Reborn HD 4.3 I think... but the game is so difficult with this addon I had to remove it.   are there other mods/addons that are better? or needed?

You can play sacred NL... it is so simple to use... has 1920x1080 and I play it on 75 fps... http://www.sacred-nl.necropol.sumy.ua/html/download/download.php

And it is pretty much vanilla game

Edited by xInquisitor1961x
  • Thanks! 1
  • The title was changed to Sacred Underworld New Game - Mods?
1 hour ago, xInquisitor1961x said:

You can play sacred NL... it is so simple to use... has 1920x1080 and I play it on 75 fps... http://www.sacred-nl.necropol.sumy.ua/html/download/download.php

This is interesting then ... so NL is only vanilla with  HD?

Is there any other changes at all?

:)

gogo

1 hour ago, xInquisitor1961x said:

That is why I did not gave Sacred NL a try yet. I have played the bug infested, unbalanced vanilla edition of Sacred long enough and won´t go back.  I think I have asked you before if you can introduce NL to the community. Can you upload the changelog of NL?

9 hours ago, Dax said:

That is why I did not gave Sacred NL a try yet. I have played the bug infested, unbalanced vanilla edition of Sacred long enough and won´t go back.  I think I have asked you before if you can introduce NL to the community. Can you upload the changelog of NL?

WARNING! LONG POST. I COPY PASTED LATEST CHANGE LOG! 

Spoiler

-----------------------------------------------

18.2 2021-05-31

Found another annoying bug in the 18th version of NL-mod, leading to the "crash" of the game in network mode when there are several players in the network. The bug was found by Alexander Rudik, for which he is very grateful!

18.1 2021-05-02

Found an unfortunate bug in the 18th version of NL-mod, which completely disabled the Hardcore mode. It is worth noting that this error is also inherent in version 17, but was discovered only recently. The error was found by Alexander Krupnyakov, for which he is very grateful!

18. 2021-04-10

General

GL-18.1) Texture noise and jitter of objects on fractional scales are completely eliminated.

GL-18.2) New Shadow Mapping.

GL-18.3) Description of installation via Web downloader.

Game mode

GM-18.1) Correction of bugs and errors (games and fashion); finalization mod.

GM-18.1.1) Game bugs.

GM-18.1.2) Mod errors.

GM-18.1.3) Finalization of the mod.

GM-18.2) New quest "Traveler" on the World Map.

Cheat mode

CM-18.1) Changed the format of the put console command.

System mode

SM-18.1) New hotkeys.

SM-18.2) New console commands.

Detailed description.

General

GL-18.1) Texture noise and jitter of objects on fractional scales are completely eliminated.

►a) This was achieved by using a special method of calculating the screen coordinates of objects. It is based on working with the vector field of directions. More precisely, with application of special rounding for projections of direction vectors reduced to the common origin. Note that these projections are (more or less explicitly) present in the code only for simple map objects. For the other objects I had to extract the calculation of these projections from the code... sometimes quite intricate... among the many commands of the coprocessor.

►b) It was especially difficult with the ground, flooded with water and with 3D objects (here a special method of correction of space transformation matrices was applied)…

►c) With the new method of calculating coordinates, the boundaries of mismatching of some objects (both among themselves and with the background) became static (that is, they stopped moving and "shimmering" and, therefore, strongly "cutting the eyes"). For some objects, two special algorithms were applied to eliminate the mismatch boundaries. The first algorithm is based on the method of linearly non-linear zooming of images, and the second — on the method of screening color tiles. The method of shielding color tiles uses an external description file "sct.bin", located in the "World" folder of the game.

►d) As a result, a rather complicated code came out. But the difficulty was worth it.…

►Note. "Year 2000, April 43rd.

Today is the day of the greatest celebration!"

N. V. Gogol. Diary of a Madman.

GL-18.2) New Shadow Mapping.

►a) Shadows in the game are cast by most 3D objects and many 2D objects.

►b) In addition to shadows from the sun, shadows from the moon have been added to the game. They can be seen at night (as well as in the morning and evening) with a well-lit moon (they are clearest on a full moon). Sometimes in the morning and in the evening you can contemplate a rather rare phenomenon - double lunisolar shadows.

►c) All shadows (both solar and lunar) are now moving. Their direction and length depend on the position of the sun (and moon) in the sky. It is worth noting that the movement of the solar and lunar shadows is opposite in direction (due to the retrograde movement of the moon).

►d) Added new options to the configuration file to control the display of shadows:

NL_SHADOW_DYNAMIC — value 0 (standard shadow display — static shadows at a 45 degree angle to the right);

value 1 (dynamic sun and moon shadows, default value);

NL_SHADOW_SCALE — value from 1 to 100 (length scale of dynamic shadows, default 75).

►Note. In the original, sun shadows were static (always tilted to the right 45 degrees from objects).

►e) Some 3D objects that previously did not have a shadow at all now cast it (pointers, gates).

►f) 3D container objects (chests and bookshelf) no longer cast shadows while indoors.

GL-18.3) Description of installation via Web downloader.

►a) Download the Web downloader itself. From now on it is called loaderNL.exe.

►b) Download via web downloader: settingsNL.cfg, mmG.dll, sacredNL.exe, keyboard.kbd, LoadingUW01.bmp, MouseOver.bin, repNL.bin, sct.bin, dsound.dll, dsound.ini.

►c) IMPORTANT! Download the necessary language modules (due to their changes).

To do this, select the Custom installation mode (free choice of elements for installation).

►d) Description of the installation (both in automatic and manual mode) is now available in six languages: Russian, English, German, Spanish, Italian and Chinese.

Game mode

GM-18.1) Correction of bugs and errors (games and fashion); finalization mod.

GM-18.1.1) Game bugs.

►a) The "1264/7670" bug consisted in the fact that the model of the "D'Bre'Cineltey's Cuirass of Defense" (7670, clone from 1264) was incorrectly registered ("DElve_Sa6_body.grn" instead of "DElve_Sa7_body.grn"). The bug (and its elimination) was found by the respected Zerisius (for which many thanks to him). In the mod to fix this bug, the principle of dynamically changing the parameters of objects is applied.

►b) Bug "3083/7921" consisted in the fact that for helmets 3083 and its clone 7921 texture 6580 (from the waist) was registered instead of the texture for helmet 6652. Fixed by dynamic editing of item parameters. The bug (and its fix) was also found by the respected Zerisius.

►c) The bug of "Horse Stealing by the Demoness" was that there was no warning text for the Demoness in the horse theft window. This text was not provided by the game developers at all. The bug was fixed by editing the code and adding new text to all language modules. Many thanks for the bug found to Ivan Petkov (in his riddle, where, in addition, windows for stealing a horse were shown for all heroes).

►d) The “sec2562” bug consisted in the fact that after the start of a new game (by any hero), sector 2562 (which is located in the center of Sheers Pena) was marked as visited. What can be seen on the World Map (red rhombus of dots). This bug was present in earlier versions of the game. So, for example, in version 1.5.2.5 such a visited sector can be seen east of Florentina…

►Note. The sec2562 console command allows you to fix the "sec2562" bug in old saves. The fix only occurs when sector 2562 is marked as visited, but the hero has not actually visited it.

GM-18.1.2) Mod errors.

►a) Fixed a bug in disabling the anti-cheat system. Another level of protection was found in the script interpreter, which checked for a mismatch between the level of the hero and the available experience points…

►b) Fixed incorrect (shaded) display of the portrait of the merchant and the signature under it in the window of the merchant. The error occurred after changing the drawing order of the window components (the order was changed so that the inventory grid was not drawn on top of the window frame).

►c) In paragraph 17.14 of the changes, we read "…when you press the ‘Back’ button in the ‘Games’ window ... there is a transition to the Hero Selection Window". But due to an unfortunate error in the mod code, this behavior did not occur (there was a return to the Main menu). The bug has been fixed. Now everything works as stated.

►d) Fixed a bug that caused the inventory of the chest, merchant and blacksmith to be incorrectly positioned after reading the game from the game record window. This error was revealed by LeonserGT, for which many thanks to him.

►e) Fixed a bug that caused the game to "crash" when starting with dgVoodoo2. This error was found during testing respected Alexander Rudik, for which he is very grateful!

GM-18.1.3) Finalization of the mod.

►a) Disabled unnecessary diagnostic output of messages to the console window when adding experience, killing enemies and dropping items.

►b) Correction of machine translation in language modules by native speakers:

— in the Spanish module (many thanks to the respected DavKiller);

— in the Italian module (many thanks to dear Alessandro).

►c) Correction of the Russian language module in terms of the names of objects, characters, etc. in accordance with the German original.

►d) Added the so-called "Magic Cursor". It is an outstretched palm of the hand with tongues of magical energy emanating from the fingertips. The Magic Cursor only appears when hovering over enemies if the current spell is an enemy-only spell and if that spell is currently castable. This type of cursor was envisaged by the developers, but was not implemented (or was deliberately cut out) — now it’s hard to understand. In any case, this explains the presence of errors and inaccuracies in the original code.

►e) Only for the hero-Dwarf. Now, when hovering over a horse trader, the cursor changes to a crossed-out horseshoe cursor (instead of a horseshoe with a bag of money), just like when hovering over any horse (both ownerless and for sale). This is logical — "Dwarves do not ride horses".

►f) After placing a marker on the global map (caused by pressing M), the game cursor changes to the same cursor, but with a small red dot. Such a cursor additionally reminds the player about the placed marker (along with the direction icon for the marker — a triangle with a red dot on the compass).

►g) Now when you hover the mouse over the quest giver, the cursor changes to a cursor showing the state of the quest giver (the icon is above his head). For icons "?!" and "!" — the corresponding cursor, for the "V" icon — the cursor "?".

►h) When the hero is at the merchant, pressing Shift changes the game cursor to a cursor in the form of a bag of money (or "$"), reminding you of the possibility of a quick sell (LMB, yellow cursor, backpack window) or a quick buy (RMB, blue cursor, inventory window) merchant). The color and type of the cursor is set by the NL_SELL_BUY_CURSOR parameter of the configuration file. Its format:

NL_SELL_BUY_CURSOR : sell-color, buy-color, type

where: sell-color and buy-color are the colors of the sell cursor (in the backpack) and buy cursor (in the merchant's inventory), respectively, the format of both is RRGGBB;

type — type of the cursor (0 in the form of "$", 1 in the form of a bag of money). Default value: FFFFFF, 80FFFF, 1.

►I) Added new fallback items to bring the look of the heroes back to the old concept from 2003 by the game developers.

— Wood Elf.

In paragraph 17.12 (see the ChangeLog-XX.doc file) we read: "The forest elf did not need such an item (fallback item), since her model is completely balanced". But later it was decided to give a fallback item to the Wood Elf — "Stuffed Archer's Armor" (3100).

— Battle Mage.

In addition to the already existing fallback item ("Mage's Hood"), it was decided to give two more fallback items: "Belt" (3218) and "Mage's Boots" (3275).

►Note. The idea to add new fallback items was proposed by the respected Zerisius based on the old concept of 2003 by the game developers.

►j) From now on, heroes who can wear four rings at the same time wear rings on different fingers. The top slot rings are on the ring fingers and the bottom slot rings are on the middle fingers. True, this can only be clearly seen on a large scale. But still…

►k) In addition to disabling the glow of the armor, the disabling of glare on the armor has been added, which improves their appearance on the hero.

To turn off the glow of the armor, see paragraph 14.2.

►l) Added parameter NL_MEGAMAP_TEXT_STYLE, which is responsible for the text style on the World Map (captions for settlements and geographical objects). Its format:

NL_MEGAMAP_TEXT_STYLE : color1, color2, font

where: color1 is the first color (AARRGGBB, default is FF000000); color2 — second color (AARRGGBB, default — 88FFFFCC); font — font number (1–7, default — 5).

First, the text is displayed in the first color, and then (on top, with an offset) in the second color. If the first color is equal to the second color, then only the text of the first color is drawn..

IMPORTANT! Now labels on the World Map are always displayed.

►m) Added the NL_ATTACK_CAST_SPEED parameter, which is responsible for enabling / disabling the acceleration of attacks and casting spells. This is a bit parameter. If its value is 0, then all accelerations are disabled.

A value of 1 enables an increase in attack speed by 1.5 times.

A value of 2 includes a 3.0x increase in spell casting speed.

A value of 2 enables Seraph, Vampiress, and Demoness to cast some spells 3.0 times faster.

So, for example, to enable an increase in attack speed and spell casting speed, the parameter should be set to 1+2+4 = 7.

This value (7) is the default value.

►n) Added the NL_FPS_LIMIT parameter, which is responsible for enabling / disabling the FPS limit.

A value of 0 removes all restrictions on the FPS of the game. This is the default value.

With a value of 1, the FPS value is limited to 60. In addition, it becomes possible to use the standard WAITRETRACE parameter (synchronization with intervals between frames).

►o) Updated the pricing system (see. 17.13j).

►Adjustment coefficients have been introduced for both buying and selling. They can also be called the gold rate. They are calculated according to individual formulas (quite complex) and depend on the time of the solar and lunar days. The purchase and sale prices, thanks to these coefficients, may differ from the initial price by ± 30%. Odds are changed once per game hour.

►Added the "Gold rate" window, which can be opened using the Ctrl+G hotkey.

►A sales tax of 8% has been introduced. If the merchant is in a peaceful region, then the tax is reduced to 2%.

Note. It is a pity that some regions cannot be made peaceful (due to flaws in the scripts of new quests added to the Sacred Underworld version of the game).

►Inclement weather (rain and snow) reduces the purchase price and increases the sale price by 10%.

►p) New data has been added to the pop-up text of the “Current Experience” scale — the level of the hero and the current number of blocks of experience points. For blocks of experience points, see 18.2, Note 2.

►q) Added the NL_TRANS_VALUE parameter, responsible for the transparency of 2D objects (houses, trees, etc.) when the hero is behind them. The original value of 190 is reduced to 95. This is the default value..

►r) Added Portuguese language module pt_global.res, which is a fan translation (instead of the test pt_test.res). The module was kindly provided by Buchholz (for which many thanks to him). Additional lines have also been added to the module to support NL.

►s) Added support for 3D sound. This is achieved using the IndirectSound emulator. On the website www.indirectsound.com we read: “IndirectSound emulates hardware accelerated sound in modern Windows operating systems. This allows older games to have positional 3D sound (I.e., surround sound from the rear and side speakers) as intended when they were originally released.” To support this feature, the mod installer copies the files "dsound.dll" and "dsound.ini" to the root folder of the game. This emulator was found by Plokite_Wolf (seraphim simp) and Zerisius, for which many thanks to them!

Note. The inclusion of 3D sound in the game is carried out in the settings window (configuration file parameter SOUNDQUALITY : 2).

►t) A new style of displaying Survival Bonus. It is now displayed as a real number with 2 decimal places. This style allows you to see how the bonus is increasing (slowly but surely)!

GM-18.2) New quest "Traveler" on the World Map.

►a) Added a new quest "Traveler" on the World Map. Its essence is to receive "visit points" for visiting a particular place (settlement, sights, terrain, etc.) marked on the map.

►b) Places to visit are marked on the World Map with inscriptions. Some inscriptions have a sign in the form of a star, denoting the so-called "quest places". The inscriptions of places not yet visited are pale. The places visited by the hero are marked with brighter inscriptions and, in addition, a cross.

►c) For visiting marked places, the hero receives "visit points". For normal locations, the score can range from 21 to 234 (for Ancaria) and from 47 to 758 (for the Underworld); for "quest places" always — 1000.

►d) The maximum possible number of "visit points":

— for Ancaria is 15991 (11000 + 4991, 11 "quest places", 59 regular places);

— for the Underworld is 14997 (10000+4997, 10 "quest places", 13 normal places);

— for online play (free) is equal to the sum of points for Ancaria and the Underworld(30988).

►e) "Visit points" can be sold for gold or, on the contrary, other points (experience, skills, characteristics), mentor's elixirs, an item from the set or the "Speed" modifier can be bought for these points. The "Exchange of visits" window is called when the World Map is open using the hot key I. The window is closed by pressing the I key again or by clicking on the red cross (in the upper right corner of the window). This hotkey is also mentioned in tooltips on the World Map (called by pressing H).

►f) In the "Exchange of visit points" window, we see, in fact, the number of "visit points", radio buttons for selecting an action and a confirmation button for the selected action (in the lower right corner of the window).

►g) After selecting an action and pressing the confirm button, a sell / buy window opens. The sell/buy rate is based on the base rate (for the base rate, see Note 1), which is (in turn) based on the current gold price for selling and buying.

Sell / buy windows:

— "Gold (sale)" — a window for selling "visit points" for gold (base rate 1 : 100);

— "Blocks of experience points (purchase)" — the window for buying blocks of experience points (see Note 2) (base rate from 1 : 180);

— "Skill points (purchase)" — the window for buying skill points (the course is stable 1 : 1875);

— "Attribute points (purchase)" — the window for buying attribute points (the course is stable 1 : 1125);

— "Mentor's Potions (purchase)" — a window for buying mentor's potions, the quality of which depends on the complexity of the game (the base rate is 1 : 80, 1 : 160 or 1 : 240, depends on the quality of the potion);

— "Item from a set (purchase)" — a window for buying an item from a set (the choice of an item comes from sets for a given hero or out-of-class sets) (the course is stable 1 : 5000).

— "Speed (purchase)" — the window for buying points of the modifier "Speed" (in this case, the number of purchased modifier points is added to the shoes currently worn on the hero) (base course 1 : 440).

►h) The number of "visit points" spent is recorded in the save file "GAMExx.PAK" in a special section. At the same time, the compatibility of such save files with the original game is not lost.

►Note 1. In this case, the base rate of gold for buying and selling is the accepted value without taking into account the rate coefficients. This value is taken equal to 100 for one "point of visits".

►Note 2. Since the experience points (for each level) are calculated using a 4th degree polynomial function, the difference between the points, for two adjacent levels, is constantly growing. To linearize the function of calculating experience points, the difference between the points of any adjacent levels, it was decided to divide into 10 parts (blocks). These blocks are bought for "visit points". The number of experience points in one block is the weight of this block. Example: hero level 11 — ten blocks with a weight of 2120; hero level 50 — ten blocks with a weight of 79430. After buying blocks, the hero gets real experience points based on the number of blocks and their weight (every ten blocks, their weight increases). By the way, the current number of blocks is the number of green dots on the "Current experience" scale, which is located under the hero's portrait (see 18.1.3p).

Cheat mode

CM-18.1) Changed the format of the put console command.

The put console command (to add items to the hero's backpack / chest) now has a third (optional) Str parameter — the name identifier. The addition is necessary, first of all, to obtain the correct quest items (in which the name identifier is of great importance).

Now the command has the following format:

put Inv Type Str,

where: Inv — inventory type; Type — item type; Str — name identifier (optional parameter).

Example. If you give the command: put 0 5171 555. As a result, we will get in the backpack (0) "Small Health Potion" (5171) with the name "Horse" (555).

System mode

SM-18.1) New hotkeys.

►a) Added hot key Ctrl+Shift+Y, which enables displaying only tiles and overlays (disabling display of all other game objects). The hot key works only when the "System Mode" is active (turns on Np. Del).

SM-18.2) New console commands.

►a) Added a new console command sw to view static shadows of 2D objects from the SHADOW_TREE00.TGA file (it contains 144 shadow images in the alpha channel).

Its format: sw N, sw-,

where: N — shadow number (0–133). The dash command closes the shadow viewer.

In the "Shadow 2D" window that opens, shadows can be selected using the arrow keys.

►b) A new console command m has been added, which includes the "Mix Object Viewer" mode — viewing mix objects (2D map objects).

Its format: m NN, m-,

where: NN is the object's mixID (not to be confused with typeID). Command with a dash turns off this mode.

There are additional hotkeys in the "Mix Object Viewer". Their description can be seen by calling the help by pressing the H key. If the console command sw N is given when the 2D object viewer window is active, then the shadow selection window will open. In this case, you can choose a suitable shadow.

►c) Added new console command slot to add / remove item slots.

Its format:

slot — information about slots and chained items;

slot add N — adding a slot to the right of level N (1 — bronze, 2 — silver, 3 — gold, 4 — green)

slot set F — adding slot by formula F

examples:

F = 1234 — four slots will be added with level 1, 2, 3 and 4

F = 2 — one level slot will be added 2;

slot del — deleting all slots.

Note. The item must be placed in the backpack in the upper left corner.

17.1 2021-07-10

An unfortunate bug was found in version 17 of the NL mod. It was that the system of independence of hotkeys from the keyboard layout was incompatible with the redirection of alphanumeric keys, so that the redirection system did not work.

The bug was detected (and helped in testing the fix) by Black Lotus, many thanks to him!

17. 2021-06-24

General

17.1) NL mod operation modes.

17.2) Description of installation via Web downloader.

Game mode

17.3) Hotkeys — new features.

17.4) Adjusted the appearance of heroes in the selection window.

17.5) Lighting at night: "new is well forgotten old".

17.6) New management of boot images.

17.7) Updated work with scripts.

17.8) Changes in extended help.

17.9) Changes in the "GUI Extension".

17.10) Interface (styles and arrangement of windows).

17.11) Added unrealized features.

17.12) Fallback items.

17.13) Correcting bugs and errors (of the game and the mod); refinement of the mod.

17.13.1) Game bugs.

17.13.2) Mod errors.

17.13.3) Refinement of the mod.

17.14) New Main menu behavior.

Cheat mode

17.15) New console commands equ, put, skill, date and rtime.

System mode

17.16) Returned "System mode".

General

17.1) NL mod operation modes.

►a) From now on NL-mod can work in three modes Game mode, Cheat mode and System mode. Modes are set by NL_MOD_MODE parameter of configuration file (values: game, cheat and system, respectively). Default value: game. The current mode of the mod, you can see in the lower right corner of the "Advanced Help" window (to the left of the current text language indicator).

►b) Description of the game modes.

Game mode — pure game mode (without cheats and without "System mode").

Cheat mode — game mode with extensive use of cheat possibilities (the indicator of this mode is three squares to the left of the hero's portrait).

System mode — non-game system mode: game + cheats + "System mode", which is activated by Np. Del.

►Note 1. In System mode, everything from Game mode and Cheat mode is available. Everything from Game mode is available in Cheat mode.

►Note 2. In the mmG.log and mmG_serv.log files, the "(!)" symbol (at the end of the line) indicates parameters that are not used in this mode.

►Note 3. In the "Extended Help" window (Ctrl+H), the captions for all the hotkeys and console commands that are not available in this mode are drawn in gray.

17.2) Description of installation via Web downloader.

►a) Download the Web downloader itself. From now on it is called loaderNL.exe.

►b) Download via Web downloader: settingsNL.cfg, mmG.dll, sacredNL.exe, repNL.bin, keyboard.kbd и MouseOver.bin.

►c) IMPORTANT! Download the necessary language modules (due to changes).

To do this, select the installation mode Custom (free choice of items to install).

Game mode

17.3) Hotkeys — new features.

►a) Added a new hotkey to hide (show) portraits of mercenaries/allies Ctrl+N. This is necessary to give access to the right side of the hero's characteristics window, which is blocked by mercenary portraits when the horizontal resolution of the game window is less than 1430 pixels). This is relevant for the new style of window layout (see point 16.1).

►b) New hotkeys (they are equal to the standard game hotkeys):

V — call the horse and get on it / get off the horse;

Z — left mouse button (LMB) emulation — attack;

X — right mouse button emulation (RMB) — magic/special attack;

Pause — similar to P key — pause.

The idea of using the V,Z,X keys is taken from Sacred Tools (version 3.3, by Victor Anikeev).

►c) To enable/disable Scroll Screen Mode, press the F10 hotkey (instead of F12).

About screen shift see points 11.3 и 8.6.

►d) From now on all hotkeys are independent of the keyboard layout. It does not matter what kind of keys — letters, numbers or symbols. To get the code of the symbol of the pressed key, use its scan-code, which is converted into a virtual code, and the latter is translated into the code of the English keyboard layout.

►e) Added locking Win keys (left and right). An idea from the same Sacred Tools. As the left Win key is located between Ctrl and Alt, an accidental press on it will lead to a nasty situation in the form of opening the Windows Start menu. The key is disabled by the NL_KBD_LOCK_WIN_KEYS parameter in the configuration file. The default value is 0 (no lock). Use with caution, as it gives FPS slump by one unit (global keyboard hook is used for locking, which slows down the system as a whole and the game in particular).

►f) Introduced the ability to reassign hotkeys. It is worth to emphasize that this idea is also taken from Sacred Tools!

The parameter in the configuration file NL_KBD_HOTKEY_ASSIGNMENT (can take values 0,1,2; default value is 0).

NL_KBD_HOTKEY_ASSIGNMENT parameter values:

►— Value 0: no reassignment.

►— Value 1: fixed reassignment.

Keyboard rows are counted from bottom to top (control row 0, alphabetic row 1—3, numeric row 4, functional row 5). The order of key counting is from left to right. There are three basic keyboard layouts: QWERTY, (QWERTZ, AZERTY). The keys for the last two will be located in brackets.

Then:

· Switching weapon slots from 12345 to the first four alphabetic keys of the 3rd row: QWERT (QWERT, AZERT);

· Switching abilities from 67890 to 12345;

· potions application:

undead destruction from Q to Y (Z, Y),

mentor from W to U (U, U),

antidotes from E to D (D, D),

concentrations from R to G (G, G);

· LMB emulation and RMB emulation: the first two 1st row letter keys are ZX (YX, WX);

· collect all: the first letter key of the 2nd row is A (A, Q).

Lock the standard keys with the NL_KBD_LOCK_STD_KEYS parameter (default is 1).

►— Value 2: reassignment using the keyboard.kbd file (from Sacred Tools).

The file keyboard.kbd is located in the World folder of the game. This file can be modified using Sacred Tools: the "Control" button, then the "Import" button and open the necessary file; after changing the keys, the "Export" button and save the file.

It should be noted that the items "Enable/disable teaching", "Enable/disable emulation" from the tab "Options" are not used.

The item "Disable standard keys" acts the same way as it is stated in Sacred Tools — if a standard key is reassigned, only the reassigned key will work, and the standard key will be blocked. Priority is higher than that of parameter NL_KBD_LOCK_STD_KEYS.

The item "Disable <Win> key" has the same effect as the parameter NL_KBD_LOCK_WIN_KEYS, but the priority of this item is higher.

In addition, this reassignment can disable the selected keys at all. To do this, in the drop-down list of hotkeys, select the first value (empty).

Do not reassign the Home, F7, F10 and F11 keys — they are used in the NL mod (see HotKeys.xls file) and F12 — used in Steam.

Note 1. You can download Sacred Tools from the download page of the mod (link in the last line of the file table).

In this (patched) version of Sacred Tools:

— changed the default value for "Disable <Win> key" (disabled);

— changed splash screen;

— removed the message about undiscovered game.

Note 2. Key reassignment is based on dynamic change of messages after taking them out of the queue. The use of hash tables for key matching minimizes delays.

Note 3. In the file keyboard.kbd for the example introduced reassignment: backpack from I to Tab, mini-map from Tab to End.

17.4) Adjusted the appearance of heroes in the selection window. 

►a) It is known that after importing a hero, at the beginning of the game, he looks the same as in the selection window of imported heroes. With all his equipment and weapons. What cannot be said about the heroes selected in the usual window of the game start. In this window they are armed and dressed up. At the beginning of the game they look very different.

►b) It was decided to bring the equipment of the chosen heroes to the form in which they appear to the player at the beginning of the game. Without any fancy weapons and armor. In addition, a correction of their location was made.

►c) The configuration file parameter NL_CHAR_REAL_EQUIPMENT (default value 1) enables the display of real heroes' equipment. That is, as it will be at the beginning of the new game when selecting a normal hero (not imported).

►d) On fixing the bug with the shoes of the heroes, see point 17.13 c (bug "Equipment Boots").

►e) The illumination of the heroes has been increased fivefold. The heroes themselves are drawn in their natural colors (without the blue hue) when you select them with the mouse. The new illumination is enabled (disabled) by the parameter NL_CHAR_NEW_LIGHT (default value 1).

17.5) Lighting at night: "new is well forgotten old".

►a) The game's screen shots (from Armalion and early Sacred developments of 2003) show that the game had significantly darker nights and more distinct lighting (from the hero, torches, and lights).

►b) It was decided to return the night light to this early view. Now the night is really dark. And more relevant becomes the modifier "Increased illumination radius" — the higher it is, the more distant objects can see the hero.

►c) The NIGHT_DARKNESS parameter of the configuration file, which sets the darkness of the night, is still in effect. But its default value is now zero (the darkest darkness).

►d) Completely new to night lighting is the complete emulation of the motion of the moon. The moon has phases and, therefore, different brightness, which affects night illumination. At night, under a full moon, the lighting will be twilight; under a new moon, there is no moonlight at all. In addition, moonlight at sunrise and sunset (during 20 game minutes) can be altered by the influence of special clouds (see point 17.5 f). Moonlight has its effect only at night, in the evening and in the morning.

►e) For reference: the lunar month is taken to be 17d 16h 39m 28.5s; the moon makes a complete revolution around the planet in 7h 18m 21.3s (3.285 revolutions per day). The phase shift of the moon is approximately ¾ (0.658 to be exact). That is, if there was a new moon at the beginning of the lunar month, then at the beginning of the next month there will be a second quarter.

►f) New natural phenomenon Interference-polarizing clouds (Ip-clouds) or simply Moon clouds are atmospheric formations, the nature of which is still not fully understood. Lunar clouds appear in the evening and disperse in the morning. They have the unique ability to change the moon's light as it rises and sets. Due to the interference properties of clouds, they can separate from the moonlight one or another color range (11 distinguishable colors). And the polarization properties of clouds can weaken the light of a low standing moon (2 degrees of weakening). Clouds cannot have both interference and polarization at the same time. So, if at the moment clouds have formed that give off one or another color (interference), they cannot attenuate it (as they have no polarization) and vice versa. Clouds with interference (color-emitting clouds) form with a 36.6% probability. Polarizing clouds are formed with a probability of 63.4%. At the same time, by weakening the light, they color it in reddish color (33.3%) and in brown color (30.1%).

►g) In "System mode" (enabled by Np. Del, with MOD_MODE : system, see point 17.1) introduced a new hotkey Ctrl+I which shows/hides the moon info window "Moon Info".

►h) The NL_GUI_NIGHT_LIGHT configuration file parameter is responsible for enabling (1) or disabling (0) the new night lighting (as well as the moon emulation).

►I) "Moon demo mode" is intended for visual demonstration of moonrises and moonsets, moon lighting and color effects of Ip-clouds. The mode is started by the command of the console moon. The same command is used to turn off the mode. The command has no parameters. Activation and deactivation of the mode is induced by information text. Indicator of enabled mode is a white "face" on the toolbar. Turning the mode off cancels all demonstration parameters (moon phase, color) and returns to real data and to the usual moonlight display. But in this case the values of the Moon demo mode parameters are saved.

In "Moon demo mode" the following console commands become available:

phase N — sets the phase of the moon (Ph). Parameter N can take integer values from 0 to 59. So values: 0 — new moon, 30 — full moon. Values from 1 to 29 and 59 to 31 are the same in color and light effect. The only difference is that values 1...29 refer to the rising moon, and 59...31 to the waning moon.

ipc N — sets the color of the Ip-cloud effect (Ipc). The parameter can take values from 0 to 12. The values are: 0 — attenuation color of type r, 1 — attenuation color of type b, 2...12 — selectable colors of type C. If the parameter is absent the command does not perform any actions.

rise N — forced start of the moonrise. The command makes the current game time the beginning of the lunar day (virtual). Optional parameter specifies color number of Ip-clouds effects. If the parameter is missing the command uses current color.

set N — forced start of the moonset. The command makes the current game time the beginning of the lunar evening. Optional parameter sets the color number of Ip-clouds effects. If the parameter is missing, the command uses the current color.

For more details about moonlighting, see MoonGide-RU.doc and MoonGide-EN.doc.

►j) Introduced a moon phase indicator, which is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen (above the language indicator). It is a semi-transparent white square with a rectangle inside, the position and width of which depends on the phase of the moon. The indicator is drawn only in the morning, evening and night (it is not visible during the day) and only when the moon is in the sky.

The color of the indicator may become yellow. This happens in those short periods of time when the moon is close to a new or full moon (see section 17.13.3j for what this is for).

You can turn on/off the moon phase indicator using the "Moon phase" button in the "GUI extension" (configuration file parameter NL_EXGUI_BTN10).

17.6) New management of boot images.

►a) In the configuration file added parameters responsible for the startup pictures:

NL_GFX_STARTUP — picture of starting the game;

NL_GFX_LOADING — picture of regular game reading (or starting a new game);

NL_GFX_LOADGAME — a picture of a quick reading of the game;

NL_GFX_SAVEGAME — picture of the game recording (both normal and fast).

All these parameters have the same structure:

NL_GFX_xxx : path, sh, color

where

path — full or relative path to the picture file (if only the file name is used without the path, it is assumed that the picture is located in the PAK folder of the game);

sh — stretch (1) or not (0) the picture to the whole game screen;

color — the background color (is in BBGGRR format and is used when the picture is not stretched).

►b) Parameter of the configuration file

NL_GFX_XLOGO : ll, lr

is responsible for the logos output.

Parameter has values:

ll — show (1) or hide (0) the logo with the game name (top left corner of the screen);

lr — show (1) or hide (0) mod developer's logo (upper right corner of the screen).

►c) The idea of the new boot image control belongs to Skiret. For which he is very grateful.

Note. The GFXLOADING and GFXSTARTUP configuration file parameters are no longer used.

17.7) Updated work with scripts.

►a) All the scripts for dynamic swapping are now in a single file repNL.bin, located in the World game folder.

17.8) Changes in extended help.

►a) In the Extended Help (called by Ctrl+H) introduced a new tab describing hotkeys directly in the game — "Hotkeys (Game, NL)" (first tab).

►b) It should be emphasized that the description of the standard game hotkeys is highlighted in red. The description of NL mod hotkeys is white. Most of them are described in the tab "Hotkeys (NL, Game)" (the second tab, active by default).

►c) The texts of the extended help in the German language module were substantially corrected, which was done through the efforts of Zerisius, for which he is very grateful!

17.9) Changes in the "GUI Extension".

►a) Added a new radio button in the "GUI Extension" (called by Ctrl+Shift+G), which is responsible for showing/hiding the cursor glow. The button corresponds to the parameter in configuration file NL_EXGUI_BTN8 (by default, its value is 0 — the cursor does not light up). Previously (see point 13.16), the cursor glow was disabled without enabling it.

►b) Added another radio button "Fallback Items". See point 7.12 d for details.

17.10) Interface (styles and arrangement of windows).

►a) Interface styles (or themes):

NL_INTERFACE : 0, "Sacred Underworld" or the conventional name "blue";

NL_INTERFACE : 1, "Sacred Underworld concept" or the conventional name "red";

NL_INTERFACE : 2, "Sacred" or the conventional name "yellow"

have been significantly corrected (window backgrounds, parts of controls, etc.). Incorrect display of "red" style has been eliminated. All help in fixing the interface styles was provided by respected Zerisius and Skiret. Many thanks to them!

►b) Now the layout style of the interface windows is controlled by the configuration file parameter NL_NEW_LAYOUT_INTERFACE_WINDOWS.

Its values are: 0 — the layout style of the original game; 1 — the new layout style (see point 16.1). The default value is 1.

17.11) Added unrealized features.

►a) Everybody knows holograms of Demoness, Valor, etc. The first time they appear, their glow is yellow. But after the recording of the game and its subsequent reading they already glow blue. But it was assumed that the color of their glow will depend on the time of day. Now they glow yellow in the daytime, pale red in the morning and evening, and pale blue at night.

17.12) Fallback items.

►a) The game has so-called fallback items (hidden carpet pad items). We've often seen them on heroes, but didn't know they existed. There are a total of eight such items (of which five are in use).

These are the items (their IDs are given in brackets).

Used:

Glasses (3018), Dwarf;

"Mage's Hood (3219), Battle Mage;

chignon (4007), Seraphim;

wig (4028), Vampress in the guise of a knight;

"Fick's Belt (4054), Gladiator.

Unused:

"Belt of Power (2151), Gladiator;

cannon (3016), Dwarf;

Wig (4029), Vampress as a vampire.

►b) The system of working with fallback items has been expanded and improved. This made it possible to add normal items to heroes that do not have "fallback" status as such. In addition, it became possible to add several items at once (for example, goggles and a Dwarf cannon).

►c) Three of the heroes (Demoness, Wood Elf and Dark Elf) were left without such items. So it was decided to give two of them fallback items: Demoness — a short skirt, so she wouldn't have to wear a swimsuit; Dark Elf — a nice belt, covering the hole in her privates. The Wood Elf didn't need such an item, as her model is completely balanced. Also, it was decided to give Gnome unused shoulder cannon in addition to his adorable goggles.

►d) Added a new radio-button "Fallback items" in the "GUI Extension" (called by Ctrl+Shift+G), which is responsible for the ability to use fallback items as usual. This button corresponds to a parameter in the configuration file NL_EXGUI_BTN9 (default value is 0). You can now make fallback items visible and interactive, which will allow you to take them down, swap them, etc.

►e) The configuration file parameter NL_CHAR_FALLBACK_ITEMS, if set to 0, disables new fallback items (the corresponding "GUI Extensions" button also becomes inactive).

Note. You have to be careful when you take "Fick's Belt" off Gladiator, because it's level 20 and you won't be able to put it back on again that fast.

17.13) Correcting bugs and errors (of the game and the mod); refinement of the mod.

17.13.1) Game bugs.

►a) bug "F10" was that pressing the F10 key is not perceived by the game. Although the processing of this key in the game code is provided. The bug occurred because the game incomplete processing of Windows messages.

►b) the "Abandoned Mansion" bug was that in the Abandoned Mansion (the place where the vampireess appeared) on the first floor to the left of the bookstand (where there is a box by the wall) you could go out through the wall. This can be done by any hero. But the most annoying thing is that it's impossible to get back to the mansion that way. For the vampireess (unless she spoke to the novice and the protective wall at the entrance is not removed) means, simply, the end of the game. Bug was found through the efforts of Nastia Vodova, for which she is very grateful!

►c) the bug "Equipment Boots" was that due to an error in the code on the heroes did not display their shoes (in the window for selecting a new hero).

►d) Bug "Server Timer" was that the running game server sometimes was not visible in the list of servers. The bug occurred when the server chose an internal timer different from the game timer. This bug was found by Thorium and issued a patch (13.02.2008). But, in connection with the closure of the site sacredvault.org (where the patch was posted), it has not found widespread use. This bug was pointed out again by Zerisius (many thanks to him). Together this bug was comprehensively studied and eliminated.

►e) Bug "Button Join" consisted in the fact that the button "Join" in the window "Games" (which contains a list of servers) became inactive when selecting a server with a difficulty above "Bronze". The bug appeared after returning to the "Games" window from the "Join in" window. To activate the button, you had to go out of the window to select a hero and go back into the "Game" window. The reason for the bug was an error in the game code. Bug identified Zerisius (for which he is very grateful).

►f) Bug "DDS-DrawSequence" was: when drawing two DirectX surfaces (DDS) sequentially: the first surface with an A-type function; the second one with a B-type function, the image drawn with the second one could either disappear or get distorted. Moreover, the effect depends on the image itself — the drawings that are monotonous throughout the field disappear altogether; simple graphic drawings get distorted to some extent; drawings that are motley, with lots of details change almost imperceptibly to the eye.

Of all the drawing functions (at a rough count, there are over 350), there are about 200 A-type candidates (these are the functions that use DirectX states). Functions that include several certain states (let's call them X) at the beginning, but do not disable them at the end are A-type functions. There are 89 such functions. There are also some protected functions where the X states are turned off at the beginning. The rest of the functions, unfortunately, can be affected by the "DDS-DrawSequence" bug, which you can see in practice. One of the manifestations of the bug: sometimes disappearing backlighting under the items in the backpack when birds fly over.

Bug fix is "simple" — you just need to enter a disabling of X states at the end of each of 89 A-type functions. Bug fix code consists of 78 patch functions and 89 stub functions (such a "simple" code).

17.13.2) Mod errors.

►a) fixed the error of mod in determining the nearest scale (from the current row of scales) after reading the game, as well as when changing rows of scales in the "Advanced scale" window (see point 13.22.2).

►b) fixed an error in processing mouse messages in NL mod windows.

17.13.3) Refinement of the mod.

►a) changed the behavior of configuration file parameters NL_HERO_LORD, NL_HERO_KWOB and NL_HERO_WEAP. Now they simply save (when you exit the game) the state of additional features (invulnerability, killing with one blow, using any weapon/armor). For more details, see point 8.4.

►b) added a new parameter of the configuration file NL_GUI_POTION_TEXT to change the display types of potions in the inscription near the cursor. Its values: potion type is not displayed at all (0); potion type is displayed by colored rectangle (1) or triangle (2); potion type is displayed by color highlighting of potion name (3).

►c) a close button (as a red cross) has been added to all game windows of the NL mod.

►d) separated the servers. The original server gameserver.exe continues to use the configuration file Gameserver.cfg, and the mod server gameserverNL.exe now uses the new configuration file gameservNL.cfg.

►e) the original LoadingUW01.bmp image is no longer replaced. Instead of it the LoadingNL01.bmp file is used (it's possible now, see point 17.6).

►f) in NL-mode Cheat mode and System mode completely removed anti-cheater system. Now you can (with the help of third-party programs or some console commands) change the level of the hero, experience points, the amount of gold, etc. without fear of dying "exploding" or get the status of "cheater" as a rabbit clothes (in the network game).

►g) increased animation speed of especially slow spells. Namely: attack speed — 1.5 times; summoning spells and special attacks — 3 times (and "Call of the wolf" even 5 times). It was decided to leave the animation speed of spells casted by the high horse hero - we believe that the horse is a bit cumbersome to cast spells.

►h) Merchants now have Mentor Potions on sale (another waste of money).

►I) partially or completely (for System mode) disabled potion translation. This means that in Cheat mode and System mode Coca-Cola becomes available (3999), which restores health, and in System mode all potions with codes 3999, 5056–5058 (restore health); 5059–5064 (do nothing). For System mode the new configuration file parameter NL_POTION_TR_SM, with value 1, includes translation for 5056–5064.

In addition (in Cheat mode and System mode), now coded (unrealized by the developers) dependence of the translation of potions on the difficulty level of the game. Here is the new translation table:

+--------+--------------------------+

|Potion  |     Game difficulty      |

+--------+--------+--------+--------+

|        | Bz, Ag | Au, Pt | Nb     |

| 5056   | 5171   | 5145   | 5140   |

| 5057   | 5145   | 5145   | 5140   |

| 5058   | 5140   | 5140   | 5140   |

| 5059   | 5169   | 5143   | 5138   |

| 5060   | 5143   | 5143   | 5138   |

| 5061   | 5138   | 5183   | 5138   |

| 5062   | 5172   | 5146   | 5141   |

| 5063   | 5146   | 5146   | 5141   |

| 5064   | 5141   | 5141   | 5141   |

Note 1.

5056–5058 (Potions of Health), 5059–5061 (Potions of Mana), 5062–5064 (Potions of Stamina);

5171 (Small Potion of Health), 5145 (Potion of Health), 5140 (Strong Potion of Health);

5169 (Small Mentor Potion), 5143 (Mentor Potion), 5138 (Strong Mentor Potion);

5172 (Small Concentration Potion), 5146 (Concentration Potion), 5141 (Strong Concentration Potion).

Note 2. Note that the probability of potions 5059–5064 is extremely low.

Note 3: Potions 5056–5058 are dropped from wells (with broadcasting turned off in System mode).

Note 4: There is a 10% chance that Coca-Cola may fall out of the well. (3999), and with a 3% probability a "Bottle of Whiskey" (6094), purely as a joke; drinking it will give you wonderful blue stars above your head.

►j) the pricing system was updated and expanded to more correctly calculate the price of goods (both for purchase and for sale), taking into account the hero's skill "Trade" and the hero's characteristic "Charisma".

The prices of buying Mentor Potions were greatly increased, but their sale is now at a bargain price.

As previously written (item 17.5j), the color of the moon phase indicator may become yellow (this happens in those short periods of time when the moon is close to a new or full moon). So, this is a signal that the prices of merchants have been halved! When the moon is close to a new moon, the price reduction is only for the Vampyress. When the moon is close to a full moon, prices drop for all hero classes (except Vampyressa). But don't get too excited. The proximity of the moon to a new or full moon at night, and with a moon in the sky, isn't a very common occurrence.

Note. It should be noted that when the purchase price is halved by merchants (at night, with the right phase of the moon) the sale price is also halved...

You can read more details about the new pricing in the appendixes PriceGide-RU.doc and PriceGide-EN.doc.

17.14) New Main menu behavior.

►a) Due to the fact that the official servers for the game have long been closed, there is no need for the items "Connection closed" and "Internet (open)" submenu "Network Game". Only the item "Local Area Network" is used there (well, and "Back" also).

►b) It was made so that when selecting the "Network Play" main menu item goes directly to the hero selection window (as if the item "Local Network" submenu "Network Play" was selected).

►c) In addition, when you press the "Back" button in the "Games" window (where the list of servers is located), there is a transition to the hero selection window, and not the Main Menu, as it was before.

►d) All difficulty levels (from "Bronze" to "Niobium") are now initially available at the beginning of the new game.

Cheat mode

17.15) New console commands equ, put, date and rtime.

►a) Added a new console command for equipping the hero:

equ Slot Type, where Slot is slot number, Type is item type.

Slot numbers:

HELMET = 0,

ARMOR = 1,

BELT = 2,

BOOTS = 3,

GLOVES = 4,

BRACERS = 5,

AMULET1 = 6,

AMULET2 = 7,

RING1 = 8,

RING2 = 9,

RING3 = 10,

RING4 = 11,

HAND_L = 12,

HAND_R = 13,

CANON = 14,

SHOULDER_R = 15,

LEGGINGS = 16,

WINGS = 17.

►b) Added a new console command to add items to the backpack / chest of the hero:

put Inv Type, where Inv is inventory type, Type is item type.

Inventory types:

BACKPACK = 0 (1—16),

CHEST = 17.

►c) Added new console command for adding, changing and deleting skills:

skill Id Num, where Id is skill ID (I, s, 1–29, 31–33); Num is skill level (r, 1–255, 0–255).

A command without parameters (or with invalid parameters) outputs the command format.

If the Id parameter equals I, then the IDs of all skills the hero has (skill I) are output.

If Id is s, the Num parameter (0–255) specifies the number of points to add (skill s [0–255]).

If Num is (1–255), the skill with the given Id is added (if it wasn't already there) or changed (skill [1–29,31–33] [1–255]).

If the Num parameter equals r, the skill with the specified Id is removed (skill [1–29,31–33] r).

►d) Added a new console command to set the date in the game:

date D M Y, where D is day (1—29 or 1—34 for the fifth month), M is month (1—11), and Y is year (at least 1370).

Incomplete command forms: date D sets day (current month and year); date D M sets day and month (current year).

Note 1: The time and date console commands now have a validity check for the data entered.

Note 2. The time and date commands without arguments output the current time and date, respectively.

►e) Added a new console command rtime, which enables instant recovery mode of spells, combo attacks and "Rush attack" horse. The command has no parameters. Indication of mode activation is colored squares under filled in spell slots. Repeated input of the command disables this mode.

System mode

17.16) Returned "System mode".

By numerous requests from users returned "System mode" (mountain key Np. Del).

The only thing that was decided to hide was all actions with scripts (decompiling, writing, scanning calls, showing variables).

Note 1. The "System mode" can only be enabled in System mode (parameter MOD_MODE : system).

Note 2. A big breakthrough has been made in terms of studying the game scripts (understanding the operation of commands, the purpose of arguments, processes of calling scripts from the game code, their initial compilation, etc.). In addition, many significant errors in the decompilation of scripts and displaying their source code have been fixed. In the release of the mod the scripting code is not just hidden, it is physically absent. This is done to make it impossible for the uninitiated to fully study the scripts…

16. 2021-03-21

16.1) New interface.

16.2) Bugs and errors fixes (game and mod).

16.3) Displaying the end time of spells, etc.

16.4) Changes in the behavior of potions.

16.5) Cheat light and brightness control mode.

16.6) Description of installation via Web downloader.

16.1) New interface.

a) In the mod a new concept of the location of the backpack, inventory and characteristic windows (in general — the inventory window) was introduced. They are now arranged in a single line and tied to the top edge of the toolbar. The backpack tabs are shifted to the left and are on top of each other. This innovative arrangement expands the view when the windows are displayed, and allows you to play even with your inventory on. The same applies to the merchant, blacksmith, combo wizard, chest, and exchange/sale windows of the online game. They, in turn, are tied to the top of the inventory windows. In addition, the merchant and combo wizard tabs are shifted to the right and are also on top of each other. The active inventory button (near the hero's portrait) is now hidden when the inventory is on.

b) Shifting the tabs, and more compact arrangement of all the above windows has eliminated the "720px" problem. This problem was that at game screen vertical resolutions less than 768px (particularly 720px), the merchant and combo wizard tabs did not fit in the game screen. And the toolbar was partially overlapping the backpack window.

c) When opening the inventory, the hero still shifts to the left and up, but the shift to the left has been reduced. This allowed the hero to be visually positioned in the center of the inventory window line.

16.2) Bugs and errors fixes (game and mod).

a) "30px" bug — was that right after loading (or starting) the game, the hero's legs were placed in the center of the screen, and after opening/closing the inventory were shifted down by 60px (on average) and stayed that way for the rest of the time. A downshifted hero looks prettier and is more comfortable to play. If the inventory was not opened/closed, the hero's legs would still be in the center of the screen. It was decided to give the hero the necessary displacement initially, without waiting for the inventory to open/close.

Note. The bug is named after the value of the internal game screen offset, which is strictly 30.

b) "CreditsBack button sound" bug — consisted in the fact that the "Cancel" button of the "Credits" screen made a clicking sound, being invisible. This was observed in the "Main Menu" and "Extras" screens. Big thanks for finding the bug to the esteemed Zerisius.

16.3) Displaying the end time of spells, etc.

a) For spells that give bonuses directly to the hero, the expiration time of the corresponding slot is shown.

The same applies to combo attacks if they contain such spells. In addition, you can see the end time of the horse's "Charge Attack".

b) For "Potion of Undead Destruction" and "Potion of Mentors" after their use, the expiration time is shown over their newly appeared images (on the toolbar, to the left of "Health Potion" and to the right of "Potion of Concentration", respectively).

c) For bonuses given by "Sacred statues", the expiration time is shown above the weapon slots after the corresponding icons indicating the essence of these bonuses.

d) Small technical fixes were made in the description of spells and combo attacks, in the description of their parameters. In addition, now the next level of spells is displayed correctly.

16.4) Changes in the behavior of potions.

a) For "Potion of Undead Destruction" and for "Potion of Mentors" the action time is changed according to the potion size. So for the medium vial of potion the time is increased by 1.5 times, and for the large vial — by 2.0 times the action time of the small vial of potion.

b) From now on, the "Potion of Concentration" restores not only combo attacks but also spells, making it more useful to use. This property is also mentioned in the description of this potion. In addition, it restores the horse's "Charge Attack".

16.5) Cheat light and brightness control mode.

a) This mode is activated by the hotkey F7, which is indicated by an icon with diverging arrows, which is located on top of the compass.

b) In this mode you can use three hotkeys:

— Ctrl+F7 — mode of removing shadows in dungeons (caves, basements, etc.), on the edges of locations, inside buildings and, as a side effect, darkness of the night. Displayed by the letter "D" to the left of the icon with arrows.

— Shift+F7 — mode of maximum brightness of NPC (hero, monsters, beasts, etc.). Displayed by the letter "N" to the right and above the arrow icon.

— Ctrl+Shift+F7 — mode of maximum brightness for other 3D objects (chests, barrels, cabinets, bookstands, sarcophagi, etc.). Displayed by the letter "O" to the right and below the icon with arrows.

c) The cheat mode can be deactivated by pressing F7 again, but only when "D", "N" and "O" modes are not activated. They must be deactivated beforehand. Otherwise there will be a warning beep.

16.6) Description of installation via Web downloader.

a) Download the Web downloader itself. From now on it is called loaderNL.exe.

b) Download through Web downloader: settingsNL.cfg, mmG.dll, gameserverNL.exe, sacredNL.exe and configNL.exe.

c) Download the necessary language modules (due to their changes).

To do this, select the installation mode Custom (free choice of items to install).

15. 2021-02-03           

15.1) Separation of the mod and the original game.

15.2) Bug and bug fixes (game and mod).

15.3) Changes in the notebook.

15.4) Information running line.

15.5) The color of the expanded overview map marker.

15.6) Changes in the scripts.

15.7) Changes to the language modules.

15.8) Disabled "System mode".

15.9) Description of installation via Web downloader.

15.1) Separation of the mod and the original game.

From now on the mod and the original game do not depend on each other. Mod has its own files (settingsNL.cfg, mmG.dll, gameserverNL.exe, sacredNL.exe and configNL.exe — the default settings are changed in it) and can be run separately, without interfering with running the original game with its settings. In addition, it is now possible to seamlessly rename the file sacredNL.exe (for example, to sacred.exe to work in the Steam environment — in this case it is advisable to make a copy of the original file sacred.exe).

In connection with the separation of the mod and the original game, reworked and Web downloader, which is now called loaderNL.exe

WARNING! Due to the separation of the mod and the original game, it is highly desirable to install the mod of version 15 on a clean game. Or at least uninstall the old version of the mod before installing version 15.

15.2) Bug and bug fixes (game and mod).

15.2.1) Fixed some significant bugs in the game.

a) bug «F9/F8» — gave the ability to pass the quest several times through a quick save (F9) and the subsequent multiple fast loading (F8), each time receiving a reward for the quest, due to the accumulation of dialog windows. In fixing the bug all situations were taken into account, even the highly unlikely ones.

b) bug «Language vs FPS» — was a strong drop in FPS for Russian and Polish. After fixing it, FPS for all languages is almost the same, and the line output speed has doubled. This bug was fixed in version 14 (patch), but its description was not in the list of changes.

c) bug «Partner replicas» — was that the playback of the replicas of the nine possible companions of the main campaign hero (when clicking on them with the mouse) depended on the selected language of the text. For example, Wilbur's remarks could not be heard when Russian, Japanese or Chinese were selected. And remarks of Itaria's novice could be heard only when German was on.

d) bug «Riddle in Desert» — occurred after completing the quest "Riddle in Desert" (to be more exact, after breaking the "right" vase). It consisted in the fact that in the notebook ceased to be added to the quest items (tab Hero | Quest Items) and, even worse, some quests could not be completed. The reason for the bug — a bug in the script. The bug was fixed by fixing the code of the script interpreter. In addition, the internal game data is corrected, so that the save file will be written to the correct values.

If, after performing the task "Riddle in Desert" in the NL version earlier than 15 (or in the original version), the game was saved, the error will be present in the save file. This flaw has also been fixed. Now when reading such a save will be made appropriate corrections. And the next time you save the game, the error will no longer be.

There is one nuance. If after the bug "Riddle in Desert" (when it is not fixed) to take a quest with drop-down (or knock-out) quest items and get such an item, it will not be added to the notebook and, therefore, the quest cannot be completed. If you record the game at this point, the corrupted quest will also be recorded in the save file. You can try to fix this by applying the QuestItem N S console command, where N is the item ID, S is the name ID (S is optional), adding the quest item to the notebook. (See additionally video https://youtu.be/FlP3sXleV8s).

Besides all that, we introduced dynamic editing of the script body, which allowed to get one of the useful set items instead of adding a ring to the notebook (as a quest item) (see item 15.6).

15.2.2) Fixed some bugs and errors of the mod.

a) bug «Black logo background» — was appearing when the loading pictures in the upper left and right corners (and at the bottom, for the progress bar) were not black. Corrected by displaying logos with black background color as transparent. The same way the loading progress-bar was displayed now. Manifestation of these bugs is possible when using non-standard loading pictures, that happens rather rarely. But still it was decided to fix the bug.

b) error «Speech Volume Correction» — was that the speech volume correction did not take into account the volume coefficients for the different audio languages. In addition, these coefficients were recalibrated (about the coefficients and the NL_VOISECORR parameter see section 6.4).

15.3) Changes in the notebook.

New display of quest items.

Items are now continuously rotating around the vertical axis, which gives a better view of them. In addition, for many items adjusted their scale (upwards or downwards).

15.4) Information running line.

In the Main Menu screen an information crawl bar has been added at the top of the screen. The NL_GUI_RUNNING_LINE parameter in the configuration file is responsible for its display. If its value is 0 the crawl line is not displayed. The values 1–7 specify the styles of displaying the text of the crawl. When you click on the shaded area (where the line is running) in Explorer will open the folder "info" (located in the folder with the game) which contains information files (ChangeLog.doc, ChangeLog_eng.doc, Setting_NL.rtf, Setting_NL_eng.rtf, HotKeys.xls and settings_cfg.xls). Huge thanks to Zerisius for the crawl line idea!

15.5) The color of the expanded overview map marker.

The color of the expanded overview map marker (the cross in its center) now depends on the map position. If the marker is over a named region (e.g., Northern Region or Desert), its color is white. If it is outside the region (e.g., the Seraphim Monastery or the Plains of Tyr-Hadar), its color is yellow. If it is outside the map, its color is red (it is highly discouraged to move to these areas).

15.6) Changes in the scripts.

а) Changed the scripts of the "Riddle in Desert" quest. From now on, when the hero breaks the "right" urn, he gets one of the items of the "Icons" set (which is now called "Sacred Objects" in Russian), and which one is a matter of chance. But the funny thing is that now no one knows which urn the treasure is in. After each playthrough, the "right" urn is randomly generated.

15.7) Changes to the language modules.

Corrected some names of items and one set in the Russian language module.

In all language modules added text for the crawl line (see 15.4).

15.8) Disabled "System mode".

From now on there is no so-called "System mode" (hotkey Np.Del). Now, when you press this key, a warning beep sounds. This mode is completely unnecessary to ordinary players. The tab with description of hotkeys of this mode was removed from the extended help. In addition, the description of console commands that were available in "System mode" has been removed.

The go and time commands were retained.

Note. "System mode" is not just disabled — its code is completely absent in mmG.dll file.

15.9) Description of installation via Web downloader.

a) Download the Web downloader itself. From now on it is called loaderNL.exe.

b) Downloading via Web downloader: settingsNL.cfg, mmG.dll, gameserverNL.exe, sacredNL.exe и configNL.exe.

c) Download the necessary language modules (due to their changes).

14. 2021-01-03

14.1) Fixed FPS stability.

14.2) Removed glowing armor.

14.3) Changes in language modules.

14.4) New hardcore game mode.

14.5) Description of installation via Web downloader.

14.1) Fixed FPS stability.

Found and fixed a bug that caused a strong decrease in FPS when displaying text lines through the mod itself.

In addition, FPS, when displaying text, also tended to slowly decrease over time (this is the most significant part of this error).

The speed of line output became 1.6 times faster (compared to version 13).

14.2) Removed glowing armor.

a) As you know, the glow of the armor is caused by the presence of some bonus resistance. There are four basic colors, which can give other colors in combination (it all depends on what bonus resistances are present). The developers' idea is interesting, but there is no practical application. Only aesthetic.

b) Study of the effect of enabled glow on FPS showed that the drop is insignificant, within 1–3 units (depending on scale).

c) In the settings window of GUI extension (hotkey Ctrl+Shift+G) was added a radio-button, which allows you to enable/disable glow armor. The configuration file parameter NL_EXGUI_BTN7 is associated with this button. By default, the glow is disabled.

14.3) Changes in language modules.

Changes and additions have been made. Small, but pleasant.

Changed inscriptions displayed when hovering the mouse cursor on the icons of elixirs in the toolbar of the game.

Some shortcuts expanded to full versions (this only applies to the Russian module).

14.4) New Hardcore game mode.

a) Previously available on the servers of Askaron Hardcore mode is now implemented directly in the game.

b) The mode is available in campaigns (Ankaria and Underworld), as well as in online game (all modes).

c) Mode can be turned on/off at the stage of selecting (importing) a character. This can be done by a button in the form of a skull. The eyes of the skull indicate the choice of mode (lit red — Hardcore mode is on).

d) The mod allows you to save/read Hardcore mode records. When selecting a save slot in the additional information (at the top of the first slot) you can see if the save is Hardcore (skull icon to the left of the difficulty level icon).

e) In the game, the indicator of Hardcore mode is a skull (to the left of the elixir panel). It has three main colors — green, yellow and red. The colors smoothly change into each other as the hero's health decreases. You can still see information about Hardcore mode on the overview map (by Tab).

f) In Hardcore mode, the hero dies irrevocably. It is impossible to revive him! If you export a dead hero, he will be ghosted and you can't start a new game with him. It is practically possible to revive a dead hero by switching off the Hardcore mode after his death with a console command (see below), but this is not welcome!

g) A new console command hardcore was introduced into the game, which allows you to turn on/off the Hardcore mode directly in the game.

Note. The idea of reviving Hardcore mode belongs to dear Zerisius. All help was also provided by the developers mod Raven Rock. Many thanks to everyone!

14.5) Description of installation via Web downloader.

a) Download via Web downloader: mmG.dll, ChangeLog.doc.

b) Download the necessary language modules (due to their changes).

13. 2020-12-17

13.1) Extension help added.

13.2) Updates in language codes.

13.3) Updates to the language modules (corrections and additions).

13.4) Corrected the display of abilities on the "COMBAT ARTS" tab.

13.5) Added new console command lotto.

13.6) Code optimization mmG.dll.

13.7) Corrections to save descriptions.

13.8) Two latches for the Alt key have been introduced.

13.9) Completely redesigned list of objects.

13.10) Added a window for configuring the list of objects.

13.11) Changes in time management.

13.12) Added slogan output.

13.13) Changed start image.

13.14) Fixed distortion of player names in multiplayer game.

13.15) Introduced a customizable display of the names of graves.

13.16) Removed cursor glow.

13.17) Invulnerability in online game (corrections).

13.18) Transparency of the fog of war (corrections and additions).

13.19) Killing in one blow (corrections).

13.20) Changes to the hotkeys.

13.21) Changing and adding interaction objects (MouseOver objects).

13.22) Added multi-step and smooth scaling of the game (EXPERIMENT).

13.23) Description of installation via Web downloader.

13.1) Extension help added.

Added new window with description of hotkeys and commands of mmG extension console. The window opens/hides with the Ctrl+H hotkey. At the top of the window there are three toggle buttons for selecting help content:

— "Hotkeys" button toggles to the description of the game hotkeys added by the extension;

— "Hotkeys (system mode)" button switches to the description of the system mode hotkeys (Np.Del);

— "Console commands" button switches to the brief description of console commands (in English only); at the end of the command descriptions there are item numbers in the ChangeLog.doc file (ChangeLog_eng.doc) with the detailed description of these commands (or dashes, if there are none).

13.2) Updates in language codes.

Added new window describing hotkeys and commands a) Since the original game language was German, the VC language code is actually an abbreviation for Volksrepublik China (German) (and not, as previously thought, an abbreviation for Creole). This is confirmed by the latest research of the game's code, in which only for the VC (Chinese) and JP (Japanese) languages additional manipulations are made. Because of this, the language module vc_test.res has been renamed vc_global.res and is now identical to the language module zh_global.res (see also paras 3.1, 4.1 and 8.1).

b) A new hypothetical translation language has been introduced — Bulgarian. The language codes for it are BG, BL and BUL (the language module is bg_test.res).

c) Redesigned Web downloader to download new language module files (vc_global.res and bg_test.res).

13.3) Updates to the language modules (corrections and additions).

a) In the Russian language module (ru_global.res) were made, the so-called typographical edits.

Namely: herringbone quotation marks "", a long dash —, ellipsis (one character) …, apostrophe ’, the letter "ё" (many, alas, ignored).

In addition, the texts of statues, magic stones (and their self-titles), and many graves have been significantly changed to match the German original. As it turned out, during the translation into English, and from it into Russian, changes were made that significantly distorted the original meaning of the texts (and with it, the developers' intentions). So, for example, now we know where Aarnum IV and Cosmin VIII are buried, some new points about history of Ankaria were clarified…

Some names have been translated and other names and texts have been corrected.

b) In all language modules some object names were corrected (or added).

For example: changed "Sarcophagus", "Door", "Gate" etc.; added "Spider Skin", "Fishes", "Dryad Box", "Mushroom Chest" etc.

c) In all language modules the texts of some graves have been updated. For example, such as "Seven" or "Hills" to more interesting…

d) Changed Japanese language module, previously named jp_test.res, now renamed to jp_global.res. The new module is based on the Japanese language module created by members of the Japanese community. Lines for NL support have been added to it. The Web downloader has also been changed to read the jp_global.res file.

e) The Hungarian language module has been changed which was previously called hu_test.res and is now renamed hu_global.res. The new module is based on the Hungarian language module created by members of the Hungarian community, kindly provided by Zerisius. Since the module was originally for the 1.8.46 version of the game, lines from the English language module version 2.28 have been added. In addition, lines for NL support have been added. Also changed the Web downloader to read the file hu_global.res.

IMPORTANT: For correct display of texts in NL it is necessary to install necessary language modules again.

13.4) Corrected the display of abilities on the "COMBAT ARTS" tab.

Removed artifact in the form of a small band to the left of the circles with ability icons.

This bar appeared due to incorrect calculation of the coordinates of the picture, which represents a circular frame around the ability icons.

13.5) Added new console command lotto.

The console command lotto enables/disables the Master Lotto cheat mode. This mode allows you to get any rune for free. Format of command lotto N, where N is an optional parameter, can take values 0…9 and — (numbers define for which class of heroes runes will be generated: 0 — for the current hero; 1 — seraph; 2 — gladiator; 3 — battle mage; 4 — dark elf; 5 — wood elf; 6, 7 — vampireess; 8 — dwarf; 9 — demon; dash - mode off). If number N is not set, runes will be generated for the current hero. Initially the command is disabled by configuration file parameter NL_CHEAT_LOTTO : 0.

13.6) Code optimization mmG.dll.

Due to optimization of the extension code (as well as the Ecx library), the mmG.dll file has shrunk from 5.5 Mb to 1.4 Mb.

13.7) Corrections to save descriptions.

Save descriptions are now properly displayed for both original game saves (ANSI description) and expansion saves (Unicode description). To distinguish these descriptions from each other, the extension writes 0xFEFF (BOM) character at the beginning of the description line. The presence/absence of this character determines the encoding type (Unicode/ANSI).

13.8) Two latches for the Alt key have been introduced.

a) The Ctrl+I hotkey enables/disables the display of the Alt caption.

b) Hotkey Ctrl+J turns on/off the display of icons of emotions (actions).

If you press the Ctrl+I Alt key, it will be shown always, no matter if you press the Alt key or not.

The same applies to the icons of the emotions (actions) when enabled by pressing the Ctrl+J key.

Note 1. If the Alt key is enabled, then pressing the Alt key adds emotion (action) icons to the caption.

On the contrary, if emotion (action) icons are enabled, then pressing Alt adds Alt caption to them.

If both Alt caption and emotion (action) icons are enabled, then pressing the Alt key does not perform any action.

Note 2. The Ctrl+J hotkey was introduced a long time ago, but its action has not been described anywhere before.

13.9) Completely redesigned list of objects.

a) The object list (formerly called Pickup List) is now divided into six thematic lists, which are switched by means of bookmarks.

b) The bookmarks have different colors. The saturation of bookmarks colors depends on time of day (at night, morning and evening the saturation is less, so the bookmarks are not so striking).

c) The bookmarks show the number of objects currently in the corresponding list. If there are no objects, a long dash is drawn instead of the number. If the number of objects required to be added to the list exceeds 64, only 64 objects will be added, and a plus sign will be put after their number. Gold is taken as one object (regardless of the number of piles of gold).

d) Contents of the lists:

1st list (pink) — NPCs, horses, the post with the announcement "Wanted!", the hero's personal chest, gold;

2nd list (green) — set sets, unique, rare and quest items, musical instruments;

3rd list (purple) — runes, elixirs, scrolls;

4th list (white) — containers (barrels, chests, boxes, sarcophagi, vases, etc.), environment objects (statues, rune stones, sundials, pointers, etc.);

5th list (blue) — common and magical objects;

6th list (brown) — graves in cemeteries, grave of Sir Marcus, other single graves.

e) When you select a line in the list with the mouse, a pointer is drawn to the object corresponding to that list position. The pointer is either a small square or a bounding rectangle (can be selected in the settings window). The pointer can also have a line going from the hero to the object (there's the option to show it). For gold you draw as many pointers as there are piles of gold. You can disable the drawing of pointers with the object list settings window.

f) The tabs of the object list can be controlled with a mouse click. It is possible to use F1–F6 keys to switch between bookmarks. For this purpose hotkey Ctrl+S enables (and disables) the additional mode, activation of which is shown by a yellow line above the bookmarks.

g) Removed the possibility to move to objects using the list. In this regard, removed the parameter NL_GUI_PICKUPLIST_TELEPORT from the configuration file Settings.cfg and its description from the file settings_cfg.xls.

h) In connection with renaming the Pickup List to the object list, all the parameters of the configuration file were also changed. The PICKUPLIST part of the names was replaced by OBJLIST.

13.10) Added a window for configuring the list of objects.

The object list setup window is shown/hidden with the Ctrl+Shift+O hotkey.

In this window it is possible to make settings of the list.

Synchronization radio buttons allow switching the corresponding tabs on the object list.

When you exit the game, the changes are saved in the configuration file Settings.cfg in the corresponding parameters.

For details about the settings of the list of objects see the file settings_cfg.xls (parameters NL_GUI_OBJLIST_xxx).

13.11) Changes in time management.

a) The format of the console command time has been extended. Now its full format is: time H M S | x N | y N | stop

time H M S — time setting, where H — hours, M — minutes, S — seconds (M and S are optional parameters);

time x N — time acceleration, N — acceleration factor (time will be accelerated by N times);

time y N — time deceleration, N — deceleration coefficient (time will be slowed down by N times);

time stop — stop/start of clock (trigger command).

b) Acceleration (symbol ↑), deceleration (symbol ↓) are displayed irrespective of the "Current date and time" panel display. The stop of the clock (red circle, to the right of the compass) is drawn only when the mentioned panel is hidden. If the panel is displayed, however, the inscription on the panel becomes red when the clock stops. The acceleration and deceleration are only displayed when their coefficient is greater than one, and the stop of the clock if it is actually stopped. Stopping/starting the clock is still possible with the Ctrl+T hotkey.

13.12) Added slogan output.

Now after starting a new game or after reading a game entry, the NL motto "New Life of the game Sacred Underworld" is displayed. It is automatically removed after 2.5 seconds. You can enable/disable the motto using the NL_GUI_SLOGAN parameter in the configuration file. The color of the motto text is set with the NL_GUI_SLOGAN_COLOR parameter in the RRGGBB format, and the font is set with the NL_GUI_SLOGAN_FONT parameter (values 1–7). The motto can also be output using the console command slogan.

13.13) Changed start image.

The LoadingUW01.bmp startup screen file has been changed, using unused Ascaron content.

Correspondingly, changes were made in the Web downloader to download this file.

The LoadingUW01.bmp file is written to the PAK folder and overwrites the original file. The original file already exists as a copy (Loadgame.bmp) and can be copied back at any time!

13.14) Fixed distortion of player names in multiplayer game.

Fixed a bug with the distortion of the names of players in the online game.

The essence of it was that when switching the language modules, the real names of the players were replaced by names like "player 1", "player 2" and so on. The problem was solved by calling the function cNetworkManager::PlayerDataName, which dynamically replaces the strings with identifiers 9984 – 9999 in the selected language module with the real names of network players.

13.15) Introduced a customizable display of the names of graves.

Added parameter NL_GUI_GRAVE_NAME_FORMAT to the configuration file, the string value of which determines the output format of grave names.

Format commands: N — grave number; R and r — symbols for Ankaria and Underworld: 'A' or 'U' (for R) and 'a' or 'u' (for r). The rest of the characters are passed as is. If the value of the parameter is an empty string, "Grave" will just be output. The format is initially set to "№ Nr" in the configuration file (see below, first example).

Examples:

format:   № Nr            output:   Grave № 54a, Grave № 127u   …

format:   R-N              output:   Grave A-12, Grave U-73   …

format:   № N              output:   Grave № 21, Grave № 212   …

13.16) Removed cursor glow.

a) As you know, the cursor is lit when the currently active spell can be cast. This is checked with the cCreature::CheckSpellLaunchable function. The cMouse::Render function uses the information about whether a spell can be applied to turn on the glow. Changing just one byte in the game code made it possible to turn off the cursor glow.

b) In order to still see when the currently active spell can be applied, we decided to make the frame of that spell glow. That is, when the active spell can be applied, its frame will be highlighted in a different color.

13.17) Invulnerability in online game (corrections).

Fixed an unfortunate bug where players who entered the online game, second, third, etc., were vulnerable, even though invulnerability mode (Ctrl+L) was enabled.

13.18) Transparency of the fog of war (corrections and additions).

a) Corrected the drawing of the transparency of the fog of war on the mini-map. As before, the parameter NL_FOG_ALPHA is responsible for the transparency of the fog of war. But now its value can be between 0 and 15. A value of 0 means no fog at all; a value of 15 means completely opaque fog. The values 1–15 set the degree of fog transparency — the higher the value, the thicker the fog. The default value is 8 (average transparency). For comparison, see par. 11.4а.

b) Added console command fog N, where N is transparency factor (0–15), which promptly sets the transparency of fog.

c) The value of the transparency of the fog of war on exit is stored in the NL_FOG_ALPHA parameter of the configuration file.

13.19) Killing in one blow (corrections).

Fixed a ridiculous bug in the implementation of the ability to kill enemies in one blow, which was that this opportunity applies not only to the hero, but also to the enemies. For example, in the northern part of the Forest of Dryads (near the exit of the cave, where the merchant and combo wizard are located) spirits of the forest killed both merchant and combo wizard.

13.20) Changes to the hotkeys.

a) All game hotkeys are now pressed either directly or with the Ctrl key.

b) All hotkeys to call NL setup windows are pressed with the Ctrl+Shift keys. The same keys are used to switch the sound language (Ctrl+Shift+D) and change the position of the static overview map (Ctrl+Shift+U).

c) In connection with these changes, the hotkey to open the window of configuring additional GUI elements (see Section 9.3) now is Ctrl+Shift+G.

d) You can always check what hotkeys exist in the extension help (Ctrl+H).

e) The hotkeys description file HotKeys.xls was also changed.

13.21) Changing and adding interaction objects (MouseOver objects).

a) MouseOver object, this is an object of interaction of the game mouse cursor with a certain area of the game screen. Above this area the cursor becomes in the form of a hand. Since the interaction area is superimposed (most often) on the images of objects in the game world, the player gets an impression of interacting with these objects. In the game world, these are statues (ordinary and sacred), rune stones, sundials, wells, magical shelters, tombs, etc. Special note that the hand cursor appears not only over MouseOver objects, but also over real 3D-objects, transition areas (teleports, portals, entrances-exits), over some special tiles…

b) Fixed script of two sacred statues (Embalming Forest and Pirate's Island).

c) Added new sacred statues: the Statue of the Sorceress (Ruins of the temple of Shaddar Nur, working, but not yet available); Statue of the elf (Glumur);

Statues of the dark elf (Zhurag-Nar, 4 working, but 3 not yet available); statues of dwarves (many).

d) Added several new wells and magical shelters.

e) New interaction objects: Sacred Well and Sacred Cache — almost like a well and a magical refuge, but have one unique property. Their location gravitates towards monasteries, temples and holy places.

f) Corrected a large number of incorrect graphic configuration of tombs (especially in the Underworld).

g) Added: several single graves; new cemetery, shrine and crypt. All tombs with legible epitaphs (from the reserve of tombs number 145a–155a, which due to errors in the startcode.bin scripts were not added to the game).

h) The MouseOver.bin script, located in the ..\World folder, which is downloaded using the Web downloader (the necessary checkbox is checked), is responsible for changing and adding interaction objects.

WARNING!

13.22) Added multi-step and smooth scaling of the game.

These scaling modes are EXPERIMENTAL.

This is due to the fact that although we managed to get rid of the noise of the textures of objects at fractional scales (see Section 13.22.1), it was not possible to avoid the new problems that have appeared so far, alas. Such as: flickering of objects; disconnection of objects from the background (in some areas); overlapping of parts of objects when you turn on their semitransparency when the hero is behind them…

In this connection we introduced a possibility of switching all of the following features on/off globally with one parameter NL_GUI_ZOOM_GLOBAL in configuration file settings.cfg. Thus, if NL_GUI_ZOOM_GLOBAL is set to 1, all new zoom-related features are available.

13.22.1) Definitions: scale factor, zoomX, fractional scale.

New notions are introduced:

— scale factor — a real number that characterizes the value of the scale of the game.

Thus, the three initial game scales correspond to the following scale coefficients: 1.00 — normal scale (1:1), 2.00 — maximum camera distance (the smallest scale, 1:2), 0.50 — maximum camera approach (the largest scale, 2:1).

— zoomX — an integer, the zoom factor multiplied by 100.

— fractional scale — the scale different from the three original game scales.

13.22.2) Multistage and smooth scales, rows of scales.

Added the ability to multistep and smoothly change the scale (by pre-selected rows of scales).

Six rows of scales are added to the game:

a: 3-step — 2.00, 1.00, 0.50 (original);

b: 5-step — 2.00, 1.50, 1.00, 0.50, 0.33;

c: 7 steps — 2.25, 2.00, 1.50, 1.00, 0.75, 0.50, 0.33;

d: 9-step — 2.25, 2.00, 1.75, 1.50, 1.25, 1.00, 0.75, 0.50, 0.33 (default);

e: 8-step — 2.00, 1.00, 0.75, 0.50, 0.37, 0.27, 0.18, 0.10 (large scale range);

f: smooth — from 2.25 to 0.33 (30 steps on average).

It is possible to switch operatively to this or that row of scales with the help of radio-buttons of the window "Expanded scale", which is called with the help of the hot key Ctrl+Shift+R. The NL_GUI_ZOOM_SCALE parameter of the configuration file defines the current series of scales. Its value can be 0–4 (for appropriate rows) and 5 for smooth scale. The default is 9-step row d (parameter value is 3).

13.22.3) Added scale factor indicator.

This indicator shows the current value of the scale factor in the lower left corner of the game screen next to the text and audio language indicator. You can show/hide it with the corresponding button of the "Advanced scale" window (Ctrl+Shift+R). The NL_GUI_ZOOM_INDICATOR parameter of the configuration file is responsible for showing/hiding the scale factor indicator (1 and 0 respectively).

13.22.4) Added NL_GUI_ZOOM_SAVE parameter to save/load scale.

a) In the configuration file Settings.cfg added parameter NL_GUI_ZOOM_SAVE responsible for saving and loading the scale value.

Its format is:

NL_GUI_ZOOM_SAVE : A, Z

where A is zoomX to save/load scale (0 or 1).

b) If A is 1, then after loading the game the zoom Z will be saved (regardless of the zoom factor written in the save file — GAMEnn.PAK) and when closing the game the zoomX will be saved.

c) Z is an integer — scale factor multiplied by 100 (zoomX).

d) When loading the game:

— if the mode of smooth change of scale is not enabled and if the scale (divided by 100) is not equal to any of the coefficients of the current range of scales (see clause 13.22.2), then the closest suitable value from this range will be selected;

— if the mode of smooth change of scale is switched on, the read scale will be set.

If the scale is not within the coefficient range of the current scale series, the coefficient equal to 2.00 will be selected (the greatest removal in the original game), regardless of whether the soft scaling mode is on or off.

e) When exiting the game, if there was an activation of save/load scale (value A = 1), the current scale value (the current scale factor multiplied by 100) will be written in Z. You can change the saving/loading scale behavior with the corresponding button in the "Advanced Scale" window.

Note: so, for example, a scale factor of 1.50 corresponds to a Z value of 150; for 2.00 — 200; for 0.83 — 83, etc.

13.23) Description of installation via Web downloader.

a) IMPORTANT: download the Web downloader itself: SacredNL.exe (due to changes in it).

b) Download via Web downloader: mmG.dll, MouseOver.bin, Settings.cfg, ChangeLog.doc, Setting_NL.rtf, HotKeys.xls and LoadingUW01.bmp (optional).

c) IMPORTANT: download the necessary language modules (due to changes).

12. 2020-08-11

12.1)  Added a static overview map.

a) A static overview map is similar to a Tab-call overview map, except that the static map is opaque and can be displayed continuously.

b) The Ctrl+U hotkey shows/hides the static map.

c) There are ten predefined locations of the static map on the screen (0–9) and one custom location (10). All locations are switched sequentially using the Ctrl+Shift+U hotkey.

d) The NL_GUI_STATIC_OVERMAP parameter is entered into the Settings.cfg configuration file, which is responsible for enabling/disabling the static map using the Ctrl+U hotkey. The parameter also applies to the hotkey Ctrl+Shift+U (switching locations). This parameter takes precedence over the hot keys at 0 (disable).

e) Added parameter NL_GUI_STATIC_OVERMAP_MODE to the configuration file that specifies the static map location number on the screen. Its values are 0–10 (10 — custom location). The parameter remembers the current location number when quitting.

f) The NL_GUI_STATIC_OVERMAP_RECT configuration file parameter specifies the custom location of the static overview map on the screen. Its format:

NL_GUI_STATIC_OVERMAP_RECT : X, Y, W, H

where X and Y are the horizontal and vertical coordinate of the top left corner of the static map; W and H are its width and height.

To activate this parameter, the value of NL_GUI_STATIC_OVERMAP_MODE must be 10.

If this parameter does not exist in the configuration file Settings.cfg (or its value is empty, or invalid), then the values will be used: X = Y = 300 and W = H = 100.

Attention! If too large values for W and H are used (e.g. if W is equal to the screen width), artifacts may appear as untrained parts of the static map. This is due to the logic of its initial display and eliminating this would require a complete overwrite of the map drawing function (see item 12.2 below).

g) The NL_GUI_STATIC_OVERMAP_ALPHA parameter sets the transparency of both the static map itself and the kerb around it. The values are 0–255. If the value is 0, the map is completely transparent. The default value is 128.

12.2) Changed the logic of cWorld::RenderOverMap function (technical editing).

The RenderOverMap function is responsible for drawing the overview map (called by Tab), the overview map on the world map (by M) and the object location map in your notebook (by L). In addition, she draws an extended overview map (Ctrl+V), a static overview map (Ctrl+U) and an object location map (PickupList). Nineteen relatively complex corrections have been made to the function body to define the possibility of external control over its behavior. In addition, the coding logic of the Cartesian coordinates transferred to the function as parameters has been completely redesigned. These changes eliminated (in general) artifacts in the form of unpainted parts of extended and static overview maps when they are not located in the center of the screen.

12.3) Added and changed PickupList settings.

The following options have been added to the Settings.cfg configuration file to fine-tune the PickupList (Ctrl+O):

a) NL_GUI_PICKUPLIST_POS — specifies a custom PickupList location. Its format:

NL_GUI_PICKUPLIST_POS : A, X, Y

where A is the location activation (0 or 1; 1 — use custom location), X and Y are the horizontal and vertical coordinate of the top left corner of the PickupList.

b) NL_GUI_PICKUPLIST_INFO — (0 or 1), display the information about the objects in the right part of the screen when choosing one or another item of the PickupList with the mouse.

c) NL_GUI_PICKUPLIST_PORTRAIT — (0 or 1), show portraits when selecting items in the PickupList.

Parameters NL_PICKUPLIST_PICKUP and NL_PICKUPLIST_TELEPORT have been renamed to NL_GUI_PICKUPLIST_PICKUP and NL_GUI_PICKUPLIST_TELEPORT respectively.

See the items 10.2 and 11.4-c.

12.4) The behavior of the game screen smooth shift (scrolling) was updated.

a) Scaling when the screen is moved is now tied to the center of the screen, not to the hero as it used to be.

b) On large scale (zoom in) — reduced, and on small scale (zoom out) — increased speed of screen shift.

For screen shift, see item 8.6.

12.5) Added saving of regions clearing counters.

a) The region clearing counters value is now written to an additional section of the GAMEnn.PAK save file while saving the game. When reading the save file, the recorded regions free counters are restored.

b) Now you can safely exit the game after saving it — the counters will not be lost. After the next reading of the game you can continue the interrupted regions clearing process.

c) Parameter NL_REGKILL_LOAD of the configuration file Settings.cfg at value 1 allows to restore previously saved values of the regions clearing counters. At 0 there will be no recovery, and the counters will take their original value.

d) Counter values are always written to the save file.

Note. GAMEnn.PAK save files with added new sections are fully compatible with the original game, as the new sections are located outside the save file area visible to the original game.

12.6) Added parameter NL_REGKILL_FACTOR — the factor of reduction of regions clearing counters.

a) The NL_REGKILL_FACTOR parameter in the Settings.cfg configuration file specifies how much the region clearing counter will decrease if one enemy is killed. Previously, the death of one enemy reduced the region counter by one. If this parameter is set to 8 (the default value), the counters will be reduced by 8. The parameter can take any value from 1 to 500.

b) When quitting the game, the current factor value is stored in this parameter.

c) The command of rkill N console has been entered, where N is the factor of decreasing the counters of region clearing. It allows setting the factor value directly during the game.

12.7) Changes have been made to the display of the game record/reading window.

a) The sequence number of a slot that is not empty is displayed (for a Quick Save slot, the number is equal to litre Q). The numbers are drawn to the left of the miniature pictures of the game screen.

b) In information slots after the date of saving the game (the third field) a blue asterisk informs about the presence of additional sections in the file of saving.

c) When selecting not an empty slot, an info line with the information read from the save file is printed below the Quick Save slot. The line contains: the name of the hero type, his name, the game difficulty icon and the hero level.

d) The input language indicator (see item 9.2) is now available in the game recording window by pressing the F11 key.

e) Fixed the display of the save file description (first slot field) for Unicode fonts used in the game. The description typed in the corresponding slot field (or generated by the game during autosave) during game recording is copied to an additional section of the save file in Unicode encoding, not in the current code page encoding (ANSI) as it was before. In the game recording/reading window, the saved description values from the additional section are displayed in the description field (see Note to item 12.5).

12.8) Added interaction of extension mmG.dll with game server gameserver.exe.

a) The call of the InitServ and ReleaseServ functions of the extension mmG.dll is injected into the gameserver.exe file.

b) Information about the operation of mmG.dll as part of the server is written to the text log-file mmG_serv.log.

c) The gameserver.exe file is available for download via Web downloader.

12.9) Additions and corrections to the NL_ configuration file parameters have been made.

a) The NL_RES_AUTO parameter was on by default (when it is not) — fixed to off (NL_RES_AUTO : 0).

b) The parameter NL_INTERFACE_SMALLLFONT has been renamed to NL_INTERFACE_DEFFONTSIZE with the opposite logic: 0 — small font size, 1 — font sizes of the original game (see item 11.4 e).

c) Fixed processing of NL_ALT_FONT parameter value — when NL_INTERFACE_DEFFONTSIZE (previously NL_INTERFACE_SMALLLFONT) was set, font sizes of the original game Alt font did not switch to font 1 (it remained set by NL_ALT_FONT parameter).

12.10) Changed the algorithm for loading language modules.

a) The parameter NL_LANGMODULE_NAMEALLL, responsible for controlling the names of language modules, has been added to the configuration file. The values are 0 (default) and 1.

b) NL_LANGMODULE_NAMEALL : 0 — loading of language modules from the folder scripts\ (and its subfolders) is made only with the names: global.res, NN_global.res and NN_test.res. Language modules with other names are ignored.

c) NL_LANGMODULE_NAMEALLL : 1 — only the language prefix with underline (NN_) and .res file extension (name can be any) are taken into account when loading language modules (see item 3.1).

12.11) Changed cWorldView2.uvCoords calculation.

Calculation of cWorldView2.uvCoords values has been updated — coordinate array, which reads images of tiles from ISOnn.TGA files.

More accurate coordinate values allowed to get rid of mismatching tiles (which was especially noticeable on snow and sand).

12.12) Redesigned Web downloader.

a) Added game server file download gameserver.exe.

b) Added download of the ChangeLog_eng.doc file.

c) Added settings_cfg.xls file upload.

d) For the ChangeLog.doc, ChangeLog_eng.doc, HotKeys.xls and settings_cfg.xls files a special info folder is created where these files are installed. When uninstalling, the info folder is destroyed along with all its contents.

e) Due to the reworking of Web downloader, the file InstallOrder.doc — the description of the installation order — has been changed.

12.13) The information file settings_cfg.xls has been updated.

This file describes all known parameters of the Settings.cfg configuration file.

A description of NL extension parameters mmG.dll was also added to the settings_cfg.xls file.

The settings_cfg.xls file is now INCLUDED in the Web downloader.

12.14) Installation via Web downloader.

Download via Web downloader: gameserver.exe, mmG.dll, Settings.cfg, ChangeLog.doc, HotKeys.xls.

To do this, select the installation mode Custom (free selection of items to install).

11. 2020-06-25

11.1) Changes in the display of Alt inscriptions and Cursor inscriptions:

a) The number of gold in the inscription is displayed (Cursor inscription, Alt inscription). The numbers are golden.

b) For potions, a colored rectangle (Cursor inscription) or a triangle (Alt inscription) is drawn to the left of the name.

Their color corresponds to the potions' types.

11.2) Offset the game screen with arrows (error correction and addition):

a) the screen on the enlarged and reduced scale was NOT shifted by ½ of its width/height as stated in item 8.5. Corrected!

b) the shift is now blocked (at any scale) when the console is switched on.

It was done so that the screen wouldn't twitch when the previous console command was selected with the «Up ↑».

11.3) Changed the hot key to enable a smooth shift of the game screen (scrolling).

Scroll Screen Mode now enables/disables the F12 hotkey.

This is due to the fact that the Scroll Lock key is used in other programs (such as keyboard switching programs) and its use in the game leads to conflicts with these programs.

For more information on Scroll Screen Mode, please refer to the section below item 8.6.

11.4) New parameters have been added to the Settings.cfg configuration file:

a) NL_FOG_ALPHA is responsible for the transparency of the fog of war on the mini-map. Its value may be in the range of 0–7. In this case, the value 0 corresponds to the complete absence of fog; the value 7 is completely non-transparent fog. Values 1–6 set the degree of fog transparency — the higher the value, the thicker the fog. The default value is 3 (average transparency);

b) NL_OVERMAPEX_TELEPORT is responsible for the ability to move using the extended overview map (Ctrl+V) by right-clicking. The values are 0 and 1. If the value is 0, no movement is possible (an audible signal is emitted). The default value is 0 (moving is disabled);

c) NL_PICKUPLIST_PICKUP and NL_PICKUPLIST_TELEPORT both parameters refer to the Pickup List window (Ctrl+O) and are responsible, respectively, for the ability to raise objects and the ability to move the hero to objects. The default values are 0 and 1 (lifting and moving is enabled);

d) NL_IGNORE_FONT_SETTINGS is responsible for the possibility of using font settings in the Settings.cfg file. If the parameter is set to 1, the font settings (FONT settings) are ignored and the default fonts are used (see items 10.3 and 3.5). A value of 0 allows the use of the above font settings. The default value is 1 (ignore FONT settings);

e) NL_INTERFACE_SMALLLFONT is responsible for using the smallest font size in many places of the interface (when the parameter value is 1). If the value of the parameter is 0, the font sizes of the original game are used (with rare exceptions). The default value is 1 (smallest font size).

11.5) New in the behavior of the input language indicator:

a) The input language indicator (see item 9.2) is now also available in single-player play by pressing the F11 key;

b) console call by ~ hides the Input Language Indicator;

c) Input language indicator is still available when naming heroes at the beginning of the game, in the network game selection chat and in the network game chat.

11.6) Extension GUI window radio buttons status is now set in configuration file.

In configuration file Settings.cfg added parameters responsible for initial state of radio-buttons of Extension GUI window:

NL_EXGUI_BTN1 — status of "Text + Sound languages" button;

NL_EXGUI_BTN2 — status of "Date / Time / Times of Day" button;

NL_EXGUI_BTN3 — status of the "Copy Hero coordinates" button;

NL_EXGUI_BTN4 — status of "Additional features of the Hero" button;

NL_EXGUI_BTN5 — status of the button Top info bar;

NL_EXGUI_BTN6 — status of the "Left until next Experience" button;

NL_EXGUI_BTNW — status of the Quest button "Bounty Hunt".

Default value for all parameters is 0 (buttons in the off state).

These parameters are read when the game is started and updated at the game exit, depending on the current state of radio-buttons in Extension GUI window.

For more information, please, refer to the section "Extension GUI" item 9.3.

11.7) Fixed errors and inaccuracies:

a) For Chinese and Korean, the texts in the dialogue windows went beyond the window boundaries;

b) Dwarf Forging skill icons were not displayed on type 1 and type 2 interfaces;

c) radio-buttons in the Extension GUI window perceived a mouse click when the window was hidden.

11.8) HotKeys.xls hotkey description file was redesigned and updated.

a) Added new "System Mode" sheet — system mode hotkeys;

b) added images of new modes and windows on "Extensions" sheet.

11.9) The information file settings_cfg.xls has been updated.

This file describes all known parameters of the configuration file Settings.cfg.

In the file settings_cfg.xls the description of NL-parameters of the extension mmG.dll was also added.

The settings_cfg.xls file is not included in the Web downloader. It can be downloaded at an address:

http://www.sacred-nl.necropol.sumy.ua/html/download/Info/settings_cfg.xls.

11.10) Installation via Web downloader.

Download via Web downloader: mmG.dll, Settings.cfg, ChangeLog.doc, HotKeys.xls.

To do this, select the installation mode Custom (free selection of items to install).

10. 2020-05-30

10.1) Added parameter NL_ALT_FONT — font of Alt-inscriptions.

This parameter is responsible for the font of inscriptions (by pressing the Alt key) for the game world objects.

Its values can be in the range 1–7. The default value is 7 (the smallest font).

It is possible to dynamically select the appropriate font using the console command:

afont N, where N is one of the available fonts in the game (values 1–7).

When exiting the game, the selected font value is saved in the NL_ALT_FONT parameter.

10.2) Added new configuration file parameters.

You can now use the following options in the Settings.cfg configuration file:

NL_GUI_PICKUPLIST — to enable/disable "Pickup list" (hotkey Ctrl+O);

NL_GUI_PORTRAIT — to enable/disable "Portrait" (hotkey Ctrl+P).

These parameters have priority over the hot keys when the value is 0 (shutdown).

10.3) Change of font settings (see item 3.5).

The Arial and Times New Roman fonts are now the default fonts. Their settings can no longer be changed.

The lines starting with the FONT parameter (which have become unnecessary) responsible for font settings have been removed from the Settings.cfg configuration file.

10.4) The information file settings_cfg.xls is created.

This file describes all known parameters of the configuration file Settings.cfg.

In the file settings_cfg.xls the description of NL-parameters of the extension mmG.dll was also added.

The settings_cfg.xls file is not included in the Web downloader. It can be downloaded at an address:

http://www.sacred-nl.necropol.sumy.ua/html/download/Info/settings_cfg.xls.

10.5) Fixed found errors in Custom HD implementation.

10.6) Installation via Web downloader.

Download via Web downloader: mmG.dll, Settings.cfg, ChangeLog.doc.

9. 2020-05-28

9.1) Added the option to select a custom resolution for the game window (Custom HD):

a) it is now possible to start the game in a window with a custom resolution.

b) the width of the window can be from 1024 to 1920 pixels, and the height can be from 720 to 1080 pixels (coverage of resolutions from XGA to Full HD). In this case, any combination of window width and height is possible.

c) in the configuration file Settings.cfg new parameters have been introduced: NL_RES_SCX and NL_RES_SCY, which are responsible for the values of width and height of the game window, respectively. Default values for them are 1366 and 768.

d) another parameter NL_RES_AUTO is added in the configuration file Settings.cfg. If its value is 1, then the current monitor resolution will be automatically selected. In this case the game window will occupy the whole screen (provided that the monitor resolution does not exceed Full HD, I.e. 1920×1080). In addition, NL_RES_SCX and NL_RES_SCY will be ignored (see mmG.log file) when this parameter is set to 1.

e) the NL_HIGHDEF parameter removed because it is not needed anymore (see item 6.1).

9.2) Added switching of input languages and fixed display of Cyrillic in the chat:

a) due to the connection of Arial and Times New Roman Unicode fonts (see item 3.5) to the game, the non-Roman symbols (Cyrillic) writed from the keyboard (chat and hero names) were displayed incorrectly when the input language was changed. This was due to the fact that when writing symbols it was assumed using of non-Roman fonts from the font folder of the game (where the required local characters were located in the range 0x80–0xFF, which corresponds to "Additional Latin-1" in Unicode). To correct this shortcoming, we have introduced recoding of keyboard scans into Unicode symbols, taking into account the input languages.

b) in the above places of writing symbols from the keyboard it has been implemented the possibility of switching the input languages using hot keys:

Ctrl+1 — switch to the first input language (English by default),

Ctrl+2 — switch to the second input language (Russian by default),

Ctrl+3 — sequential switching of input languages currently available in the system.

c) introduced display of the input language indicator (based on combobox) in the upper right corner of the game screen (in the specified places of writing symbols). Using the mouse you can choose the necessary language from the drop-down list.

d) the last chosen input language is memorized in the NL_KBD_LAYOUT parameter of the Settings.cfg configuration file in the hexadecimal representation of the language code. The saved input language will be used for further game launches (until the next time it is changed).

e) if NL_KBD_LAYOUT parameter is missing, the text language will be selected (see items 3.1 and 6.3).

f) hotkeys Ctrl+Shift+1 and Ctrl+Shift+2 allow you to bind the current input language to keys 1 and 2 for further quick call using hotkeys Ctrl+1 and Ctrl+2.

g) in parameters NL_KBD_KEY1 and NL_KBD_KEY2 of the configuration file Settings.cfg the current value of input languages for hot keys Ctrl+1 and Ctrl+2 is saved. By default, the values are equal: 00000409 (English) and 00000419 (Russian).

9.3) Added window of displaying additional graphic interface items (Extension GUI).

This window is displayed and hidden by pressing the Ctrl+G hotkey.

You can show or hide additional GUI items by pressing with the left mouse button on checkboxes:

a) "Text + Sound languages" indicator — shows the text language + sound language (for switching languages see item 6.3);

b) "Date / Time / Times of Day" panel — displays the current date, time and time of day (see item 3.3);

c) "Copy Hero coordinates" panel — the panel of copying the hero's coordinates;

d) "Additional features of the Hero" indicator — shows whether additional features of the hero are enabled or not (see para. 8.4);

e) Top info bar — information line at the top of the screen (Scale | Region, Area, Sector, Ground);

f) "Left until next Experience" string — show the line of remaining experience points until the next update;

g) Quest "Bounty Hunt" assistant — show the "Bounty Hunt" assistant (see 7.1, 8.3).

9.4) Added parameter NL_MINI_SCREENSHOT, responsible for clarity of mini screenshots in game records.

This parameter can take values:

soft (by default) — images smoothed,

hard — pictures with increased clarity (a few cut eyes, on personal preferences).

9.5) Added parameter NL_CONSOLE_COLOR, responsible for the console window color.

The parameter NL_CONSOLE_COLOR of the configuration file Settings.cfg specifies the background color of the console window.

Its value (hexadecimal) is in the format: AARRGGBB. The default value is 88000000.

9.6) HotKeys.xls hotkey description file was redesigned and updated.

Now information about hotkeys is on four sheets:

a) "Game window" sheet — game window hotkeys;

b) "Extensions" sheet — the hot keys of the extended game window modes or additional windows;

c) "Main menu window" sheet — the hot keys of the main menu window;

d) "Information" sheet — information.

9.7) Installation via Web downloader.

Download via Web downloader: mmG.dll, Settings.cfg, ChangeLog.doc, HotKeys.xls.

8. 2020-04-20

8.1) Added ability to have up to 32 languages in the game.

The following additional language codes (LNG) are now available:

cn, zh, zho — for Chinese;

kp, ko, kor — for Korean;

ua, uk, ukr — for Ukrainian*;

by, be, bel — for Belarusian*;

pt, por — for Portuguese*.

Note 1. An asterisk* marks the languages of hypothetical translations.

Note 2. The available language modules for Chinese and Korean are kindly provided by the OverLookers [OLks] clan, developers of Sacred – ReBorn HD (https://vk.com/overlookers).

8.2) Changed hotkey to switch the sound language: Ctrl+Shift+D.

This is done to allow you to write "D" in the console and chat windows.

8.3) Fixed the navigation assistant for the task "Bounty Hunt" (see item 7.1).

Changed the work and drawing logic of the assistant.

In addition, in the parameter NL_BOUNTYHUNT_VIEW of the configuration file Settings.cfg now memorized (and read when loading) the state of the assistant: 0 — the assistant is hidden; 1 — the assistant is shown.

8.4) Added new configuration file parameters.

You can now use the following options in the Settings.cfg configuration file:

NL_HERO_LORD — to enable/disable "Lord mode" (hotkey Ctrl+L);

NL_HERO_KWOB — to enable/disable "Kill with one blow" (hot key Ctrl+K);

NL_HERO_WEAP — to enable/disable "All weapon/armor use" (hot key Ctrl+W).

These parameters have priority over the hot keys when the value is 0 (shutdown).

8.5) Changed the shift of the game screen by arrows.

The arrow keys "Right →" and "Left ←" now shift the screen by ½ of its width to the left or right.

Similarly, the arrow keys "Up ↑" and "Down ↓" move the screen up or down by ½ of its width.

The shift is not blocked at card scale 1:2 (maximum removal).

You can also use shortcut keys (for diagonal shift of the screen): →↑, →↓, ←↑, ←↓.

8.6) Added possibility to smoothly shift the game screen (scrolling).

The Scroll Lock hotkey enables/disables Scroll Screen Mode.

If Scroll Screen Mode is enabled, then:

a) icon with arrows is drawn on top of the compass to indicate that the Scroll Screen Mode is activated;

b) the hero's movement is blocked;

c) the possibility of calling the extended mini-card is disabled (a warning signal sounds when Ctrl+V is pressed);

d) you can move the game screen with the "Right →", "Left ←", "Up ↑" and "Down ↓" arrow keys;

e) the Home key returns the screen to its original position (with the hero in the centre);

f) when quitting the game or loading the save file again, Scroll Lock turns off.

8.7) HotKeys.xls hotkey description file has been updated.

8.8) A Web downloader was created to install Sacred NL.

7. 2020-03-18

7.1) Added navigator assistant for Bounty Hunt quest.

As you know, the "Bounty Hunt" quest starts when you read the task on the message board, which is located near the "Drunk Dragon" tavern. The hero must find and kill one of the 21 criminals. Without knowing his location, it's quite difficult to do so.

The proposed assistant is activated when reading the task. It is a window with two images — the announcement itself and the portrait of the offender. The type of ad depends on whether the offender is a human or a monster. Under the ad — the name of the wanted enemy. Even lower the strip of approaching to the enemy (the closer to him, the longer the red part of the strip). Under the strip: on the left — the current coordinates of the hero; on the right — the current coordinates of the criminal; in the middle (green) the difference between X and Y coordinates of the criminal and the hero. Using the Ctrl+Q hotkey you can hide/show the assistant window. When hiding the assistant window, a status icon of the current task appears to the left of the hero's portrait: red sword — the criminal is alive, yellow sword — the criminal is killed, and you can get a reward. After receiving the reward the assistant window disappears (if it is hidden, the status icon disappears). Information about the completing of the entire quest is displayed in the lower right corner of the game screen, to the left of the indicator of the current coordinates of the hero. The number to the right of the sword icon shows how many criminals are left to find, and the number to the right of the skull icon shows how many criminals are found and killed. When the last offender is killed, the mission information disappears. The assistant navigator can be disabled by assigning 0 to the NL_BOUNTYHUNT parameter in the Settings.cfg configuration file.

7.2) Displaying of the current date and time has been added to the text of the sun clock dialogue.

7.3) Fixed displaying of portraits:

a) in the combo master screen, the portrait of the master is displayed with a pointed hat, not an uncovered head as it was before;

b) in the dialogues of the sun clock and runes stones now correct portraits (previously painted portrait of the grave).

7.4) Improved location of tooltips for pop-ups:

a) hero's skills;

b) information about experience and life;

c) horse information.

Now they all appear next to the portrait of the hero.

6. 2020-03-05

6.1) The game screen's wide format mode (High Definition — HD) has been introduced.

Now the game has two screen resolution modes: the default mode (1024 × 768 — XGA, 4:3) and the new mode (1366 × 768 — WXGA, 16:9).

In the new resolution, the horizontal view has been increased by 25%.

In the configuration file Settings.cfg there is a new parameter NL_HIGHDEF. The value of this parameter equal to 1 includes widescreen mode, and the value 0 returns the previous resolution. There is no way to dynamically switch the screen resolution modes.

6.2) Added/updated console commands.

a) setting time acceleration in the game time x N, where N is the time acceleration multiplier (with N = 1, there is no acceleration). If the multiplier is different from 1, the numerical value of the multiplier will be displayed above the date/time indicator;

c) the lang LNG command has been updated. Now its format: lang TYPE LNG, where TYPE is a language type (for text: txt, for sound: snd), LNG is a language code (see Section 4.1).

6.3) Independent switching of text and sound language.

Hot keys: Ctrl+D — switch the text language; Shift+D — switch the sound language.

Now the text and sound languages are selected independently of each other. The specified hotkeys sequentially select the languages for the text (NN_global.res) and sound (NN_sound.pak) modules installed in the game (see sections 3.1 and 5.1). The language can be switched both in the main menu screen and the game screen. The text language is saved in NL_LANGUAGE_TEXT, the sound language is saved in NL_LANGUAGE_SOUND of the Settings.cfg configuration file.

6.4) An internal text volume factor has been introduced for known sound languages.

It is necessary for equalization of sound volume (us — 1.35, de — 1.57, sp — 1.57, it — 2.38, ru — 1.00).

It is used when switching the audio language, taking into account the initial (or changed in the settings) text volume level.

Disabling the alignment is done by assigning 0 to NL_VOISECORR parameter in Settings.cfg configuration file.

6.5) HotKeys.xls hotkey description file has been updated.

5. 2020-02-03

5.1) Support of several sound files at once.

In the game folder .\PAK is created snd folder, which contains sound files, renamed as NN_sound.pak, where NN is one of the prefixes currently known languages of sound files (us, de, sp, it, ru). Sounds are switched at the same time as the translation language is switched (hotkey Ctrl+D). If there is no sound file for this language, the English sound file will be used. Presence of sound file corresponding to the language is displayed with + symbol after the language prefix (or name) in the bottom left corner of the game screen. Presence of sound.pak file in .\PAK folder now becomes unnecessary (you can delete it).

5.2) Added console commands to play sounds and play/stop music:

a NN (where NN is the number of sound or music) — for playing sounds and playing music;

a- — to stop music playing.

5.3) The Sound.xls information file was created.

This file contains information about all possible sounds and music in the game.

The total number of sounds played is 6866. Of these, 171 are music and the remaining 6695 are sound fragments.

German sound file de_sound.pak (6695) has the full set of sound fragments.

The number of sounds in all sound files can be seen in the file mmG.log (section "Add valid sound resources").

4. 2019-10-17

4.1) Synonyms for the language code (according to ISO 639-1 and ISO 639-2) have been added.

The following language codes (LNG) can now be used in the LNG_global.res language modules, in the scripts\LNG folder and in the lang LNG console command:

us, en, eng — for English;

de, ge, deu — for German;

fr, fra — for French;

sp, es, spa — for Spanish;

it, ita — for Italian;

pl, pol — for Polish;

hu, hun — for Hungarian*;

jp, ja, jpn — for Japanese*;

vc, svc — for Creole based English* (Vincentian Creole English), not as previously thought - for Vietnamese;

ru, rs, rus — for Russian;

cz, cs, ces — for Czech.

Also the self-names of the languages in the initial screen of the game were corrected.

Note 1. An asterisk* marks the languages with hypothetical translations.

Note 2. About Vincentian Creole English — https://apics-online.info/surveys/7.

4.2) Added/updated console commands:

a) time setting in the game time H M S, where H — hours (0–11), M — minutes (0–59), S — seconds (0–59);

b) teleportation of the player to go X Y, where X and Y are tile coordinates (use the command with caution!);

c) command lang LNG has been updated (see para. 4.1).

3. 2019-10-12

3.1) Support for multiple languages simultaneously.

After removing the only language share from the body of sacred.exe file, a simple reading of global.res text share file (idea from patches 2.29 and 2.30) was replaced by downloading several similar files at once (with different language localization). To do this, each global.res file in its own language has been renamed to NN_global.res, where NN is one of the prefixes currently known to the translation languages (us, de, fr, sp, it, pl, ru, cz). The new files are placed directly in the \scripts folder of the game. The language prefix with underline and the .res file extension (the name global can be any) are critical. The old system of location of text resources (scripts\NN\global.res) is also saved, but when searching for *.res files preference is given to the new location. The result of scanning language modules can be viewed in the sections "Scan text resources", "Add valid text resources" of the file mmG.log. Language switching is available in all game screens (Ctrl+D hotkey) or using the console command lang NN (only in game screen). The prefix of the current language is displayed in the lower left corner of the game screen (full self-name of the language in the game start screen). After leaving the game, the currently selected language is saved in the NL_LANGUAGE parameter of the Settings.cfg configuration file. When the game is launched again, the saved language will be selected (if there is a corresponding text resource). If the required resource is not found, the game will switch to English. If no such resource is found, the game will switch to the first language that was read. Otherwise (if no language is found) the game will end with an emergency stop with a message: "Error! Not found any *.res file".

Note 1. If NL_LANGUAGE parameter is not found or its value is empty, the system language will be selected.

Note 2. The text resource files hu_test.res, jp_test.res, vc_test.res based on us_global.res represent hypothetical translations into Hungarian, Japanese and Vietnamese (?).

3.2) Displaying of dialogue windows of the horse dealer's and horses for sale have been changed.

Added a dialog frame; changed the text displayed in the title; changed the display of icons in the upper left corner of the dialog.

3.3) Added displaying times of day in the indicator of date/time.

If you put the cursor over a date, a pop-up text will appear with a phrase that refers to…

3.4) A choice of the game interface design has been introduced.

In the configuration file Settings.cfg added parameter NL_INTERFACE with possible values:

0 — normal form;

1 — intermediate from;

2 — old form (frames are yellow and wrapped with ivy).

Dynamic switching of the forms is not provided.

3.5) The font settings have been changed.

In the Settings.cfg configuration file, the lines starting with FONT and responsible for font settings have been changed. Thus, the AntiquaSSK font headset (inscriptions for: 1= Descriptions, info; 3= Titles, headers; 7= Settings) has been changed to Arial. The Carolingia font headset (inscription for: 2= Map; 4= Main Menu; 5= Quests; 6= Heads of Journal) has been replaced by Times New Roman. And for font 2, its size has been increased from 12 to 13.

The new settings look like this:

FONT : 1, "Arial", 13.

FONT : 2, "Times New Roman", 13.

FONT: 3, "Arial", 16.

FONT : 4, "Times New Roman", 25.

FONT: 5, "Times New Roman", 16.

FONT : 6, "Times New Roman", 18

FONT: 7, "Arial", 8.

The advantages of this replacement:

a) the font folder and the fonts in it are no longer needed, as the selected fonts are always available in the system;

b) fonts Arial and Times New Roman have clearly distinguishable symbols in both small and large font sizes;

c) because both of these fonts are Unicode fonts, they have national symbols, particularly the languages in which the game is translated.

Note. These settings are embed into the mmG extension, so that if the necessary lines are not found in the Settings.cfg file, the above font settings will be applied.

2. 2019-10-02

Changes to the extension mmG.dll were not recorded.

1. 2019-10-01, Sacred NL, basic concept

1.1) The game is based on sacred.exe compiled: "Oct 30 2006 at 17:38:11", file version: 2.0.2.118, ScecialBuild: RUS. Its size is 11 747 328 bytes (11.2 Mb). Comparison of basic functions of this file with similar functions of ScecialBuild files equal to GER and ENG showed that their code is the same (only their location in text section differs);

1.2) The call of the Init and Release functions of the extension mmG.dll was injected into the file sacred.exe;

1.3) Using an idea taken from unofficial patches 2.29 and 2.30, the text resource (BINARY, id=107) was removed from the sacred.exe file. The file size became 9 158 656 bytes (8.7 Mb), which is 2.5 Mb less than the original file. Since the external text file global.res was not used at all, the simple reading of the file into memory (derived from the above patches) was replaced by the idea of creating a multilingual version of the game (with downloading several text files at once). In addition, due to the disappearance of reading into memory from the body of a large resource file, after the end of the game, DLL offloading became much faster.

1 hour ago, Dax said:

There is a traveler thing. When you find new places you get points. With points you can buy gold, set items, items... etc... of your choice. 

• Appreciation 1
8 minutes ago, xInquisitor1961x said:

There is a traveler thing. When you find new places you get points. With points you can buy gold, set items, items... etc... of your choice. 

Thanks for the changelog Stefan , you always help us ! :cow:

I wanted to get some ideas on your feelings on the mods... Is Sacred NL less bugs than Vanilla ?

If NL retains original game play, but comes with shiny HD screen and gets rid of some bugs it looks like a good choice for someone wanting to play Sacred OldStyle!

:dance2: 

gogo

• Respect! 1
11 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Thanks for the changelog Stefan , you always help us ! :cow:

I wanted to get some ideas on your feelings on the mods... Is Sacred NL less bugs than Vanilla ?

If NL retains original game play, but comes with shiny HD screen and gets rid of some bugs it looks like a good choice for someone wanting to play Sacred OldStyle!

:dance2: 

gogo

I mean... change log is massive... and about bugs... the way I play the game with editing items and stuff, I am not sure I am the one to talk about bugs because I could be the one creating them.. I edited balance.bin, I edited creature.pak so... 

But all I can say is that I get rare crashes if someone dies in middle of the door, and it crashes on save game still... its a problem... but since I do a lot of import export I dont mind it... 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, xInquisitor1961x said:

But all I can say is that I get rare crashes if someone dies in middle of the door, and it crashes on save game still... its a problem... but since I do a lot of import export I dont mind it...

Important infos. Inform the maker of NL so that he can fix it.

4 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Fixing the bugs needs already a Hercules, removing the unbalance between character classes and their specific items, sets and unqiues needs a Zeus.  Combined with new quests, more immersion and blabla... Liftetime job. Since the maker has put so much work in, I think it is a Sacred-for-life-project for him, but I would suggest to outsource some non-coding projects to ease the pressure on his shoulders. He still has to do the QA, though. 

6 hours ago, xInquisitor1961x said:

I mean... change log is massive... and about bugs... the way I play the game with editing items and stuff, I am not sure I am the one to talk about bugs because I could be the one creating them.. I edited balance.bin, I edited creature.pak so... 

lol...yah its HUUUUUUUUUGE... :4rofl: 

I think theres a way for all that to be hidden as a post when you make it ?

I can check back later and see what can be done to help out its length :lol: 

you're a great voice for what comes across to me as a great mod and a lot of hard work from William (mod designer btw for anyone reading :resp: ).

Thanks for keeping the Damon juice going, who can possibly resist Sacred Underworld's charms

:thumbsup:

gogo

• Appreciation 1
2 hours ago, Dax said:

Important infos. Inform the maker of NL so that he can fix it.

Fixing the bugs needs already a Hercules, removing the unbalance between character classes and their specific items, sets and unqiues needs a Zeus.  Combined with new quests, more immersion and blabla... Liftetime job. Since the maker has put so much work in, I think it is a Sacred-for-life-project for him, but I would suggest to outsource some non-coding projects to ease the pressure on his shoulders. He still has to do the QA, though. 

For me its the best mod... others as far as I understand just juice the bosses and pretty much raise health and damage.. and I know one of the mods has super speed dragons... I hate that...  

Sacred NL in combination of rules I play with is the best Sacred for me... I can go over few bugs :)

• Appreciation 1
8 hours ago, xInquisitor1961x said:

WARNING! LONG POST. I COPY PASTED LATEST CHANGE LOG! 

Reveal hidden contents

Fixed!

Operation Spoiler...success

:Cherna_24:

gogo

From my point of view the NL mod is a techie version. A highly configurable tool which allows the interested player to change many, many aspects of the
game. There are also interesting systems and concepts wich are currently maybe best described as some kind of foundation. The house, which stands on it, is
still under construction. This might be the reason why "Sacred NL Pure HD" has more downloads than "Sacred NL".

As Flix mentioned already, Reborn mod has the advantage that the player goes right into action after installation, there are no bigger configs to make.
I understand that the concepts of Reborn mod (more slasher) and NL mod (more rpg elements) are different. Merging both mods in a gently way would be the
best solution imo. 

9 hours ago, Flix said:

Reborn does wayyyy more than that.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q3P7XrYHUnQrfEd7nm0gTxyHwCdMHRcl/edit

The game is imminently more playable.

Watching this changelog... there is nothing that brings me to play it. Why? Because I already edited myself creature.pak file and balance.bin files. There is nothing "new" here that I couldnt do myself for my liking... all I see is boosted damage to insane amounts and increased experience gains... here is my balance.bin :)

"3. GLOBAL BALANCE 

Changed multipliers for enemy’s health, damage and experience gained at all difficulties. These multipliers gradually increase as the difficulty level increases.

Increased multipliers for enemy’s health, enemy’s damage and experience gained, that depend from number of players.

In multiplayer minimal level for «Silver» difficulty reduced from 20 to 1.

The counter of region bosses reduced to 2000 for each region.

4. BOSSES" ....

Point 3 and 4 can be edited with anyone here... just download sacredutils and use creature.pak editor to edit files... its on german but its self explanatory... each monster has resistances, dmg, attributes and experience drop... 

Heroes and skills... I mean 1 level gives 10% per level... skill gains are massive there... its like a cheat code... everything is super strong and you are super strong... I dont like it... I like steady gradual develop and growth... 

And NL gives new content, someone that never did that ( sacred caches ) similar to magical finding place but they drop a lot of items, they dont dissapear at once. 

Sacred NL adds "traveler quest" the more places you find, the more points you get and you use them for gold, set items, skills... etc... 

• Respect! 1
1 hour ago, Dax said:

From my point of view the NL mod is a techie version. A highly configurable tool which allows the interested player to change many, many aspects of the
game. There are also interesting systems and concepts wich are currently maybe best described as some kind of foundation. The house, which stands on it, is
still under construction. This might be the reason why "Sacred NL Pure HD" has more downloads than "Sacred NL".

As Flix mentioned already, Reborn mod has the advantage that the player goes right into action after installation, there are no bigger configs to make.
I understand that the concepts of Reborn mod (more slasher) and NL mod (more rpg elements) are different. Merging both mods in a gently way would be the
best solution imo. 

I dont have experience to do that... unfortunately, and its actually amazing we have like 50 people here who play and some of us try to mod the game... 

Wiliam is not active these days, but on his page there is a forum for ideas... for sacred nl, I would join but in order to register I need to put my phone number, which obviously I wont do... I never post my phone number on random forums... IDK why that page even asks that :(

• Appreciation 1
3 hours ago, xInquisitor1961x said:

its actually amazing we have like 50 people here who play and some of us try to mod the game... 

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... haaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww,,,!

:JC_hurrah:

gogo

• Appreciation 1