Campaign bosses in Free Play - what makes them respawn?

I am honestly at a loss here. Say I want to farm Kraal. I load the game, teleport to Na'Fian, run to the temple, kill him, loot him and quit the game. One would assume that just remaking the game again would be enough to farm him again? Well, turns out that's not the case. He is simply not there when I run there again in Free Play. Tried multiple times and nothing. Then randomly, about an hour later, I decided to check on him again while farming the side bosses and he was there again...

Is it on a timer or something? Is there a way to make all the Campaign bosses always spawn in Free Play no matter what? Could someone provide a method how to efficiently farm them? Also tried Garganthropod and he wasn't there at all. Not even the first time. About to end the Niob Campaign (just grinding a couple more levels to master Toughness) and it seems that farming the Guardians efficiently is going to be impossible without a reliable way of spawning them.

The side bosses are fine, since they are spawned by quests and quests reset every time you start Free Play. But no idea what to do about the Campaign bosses.

Edited by idbeholdME

I find that odd as well I used to practice farming guardians in softcore/open… Maybe issue with your copy of the game or is it that boss itself …is it issue with other bosses or just that one specific boss
🙂

gogo

10 hours ago, Flix said:

Find the taskcreature entry and change the flag to persistent = 1, That's what I do in EE's Free For All module.

Thanks for the tip. I'll get to try sometime next week. Currently away from my PC. Will report the result.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1
On 8/17/2022 at 3:10 PM, Flix said:

Find the taskcreature entry and change the flag to persistent = 1, That's what I do in EE's Free For All module.

Will this make the bosses respawn in Campaign too? I'd like for them to stay dead in the Campaign, but always respawn in Free Play.

And also, how do I find out which taskcreature IDs are the bosses? Just asking to make sure, but is Kral creature 217? I tried cross-referencing the creature ID from creatures.txt and looking up that ID in quests.txt.

EDIT:

Never mind the entire thread. Turns out I was an idiot. I wasn't always picking the Free Play game mode in the game creation screen. I guess I expected it to stay pre-selected as long as I didn't quit the game, but it has to be selected again every time you create a game.

Edited by idbeholdME