Sacred Font

Dukemon

24 minutes ago, Vishanka said:

They did? I don't know, in the german version it was never removed and is still there.

Unfortunately the link does not work for me.

Yes. If I remember correctly, at release Sacred 2 used "Carolingia" as its headline font, as did Sacred 1. Since a certain patch version, Sacred 2 uses "ZabriskieScript" for the headlines, though. A very boring font. Carolingia is still part of the Sacred 2 files in the german language files and in "font.zip". But the game does not use it anymore.

However, the other day I noticed that the GOG version is slightly different from the Ascaron installation. In the GOG version, "Carolingia" is only included in the pak folder, but no longer in the language folder. So, I went the roundabout way and copied out the script from Sacred Underworld into the language folder.

I have added a new link to the first post.

• Like! 1
51 minutes ago, Dukemon said:

However, the other day I noticed that the GOG version is slightly different from the Ascaron installation

Yes, I remember that when I used the english GOG version the font was different. Maybe they thought it wasn't readable? :)

I'd probably use a fonts with serifs as well if I'd replace it.

• Thanks! 1
On 9/17/2022 at 11:42 AM, Dukemon said:

I tried a few fonts in the game. I may have found my favorite, which one is yours?

https://upload.worldofplayers.de/files12/Sacred2_comic.jpg

But seriously. Why did Ascaron remove the "Carolingia" font from Sacred 2 at some point?

Just here to welcome thee oh mighty Dukemon to the forums!

:dance2:

gogo

• Like! 1