Sacred Underworld - Mind Control - So how many runes should be read in this skill (compared to character level for example?)

If there's anyone out there who still plays this game, or at least remembers the old times, I'd like to have some advice on the vampiress skill Mind Control as I can't find anything relevant about it. In the early levels, it doesn't really seem to work against champions, only the trash mobs. So how many runes should be read in this skill (compared to character level for example?) Does it effect champions, bosses if it's high enough level? Does it's range increase maybe? Any advice would be great, I never used this skill before...

• The title was changed to Sacred Underworld - Mind Control - So how many runes should be read in this skill (compared to character level for example?)

Wow, that was fast. Thanks a lot! I fiddled with dark elf's cobra previously, and that seemed to work on almost everybody with only a few runes in it, that's why I asked. But it seems that it's not quite the same with mind control. Ok, then char level it will be. I'll post my results for educational purposes:)

• Thanks! 1
On 10/5/2022 at 5:37 PM, Sethi22 said:

Wow, that was fast. Thanks a lot! I fiddled with dark elf's cobra previously, and that seemed to work on almost everybody with only a few runes in it, that's why I asked. But it seems that it's not quite the same with mind control. Ok, then char level it will be. I'll post my results for educational purposes:)

How did this go Monsieur Le Vamp! :D 

Success?

I never had a chance to play Vamp when the game came out, found it so complicated...but that timer for day night added a brilliant device to the build...and I do believe some folks even got the vamp to remain "always on?"

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2022 at 2:59 PM, gogoblender said:

How did this go Monsieur Le Vamp! :D 

Success?

I never had a chance to play Vamp when the game came out, found it so complicated...but that timer for day night added a brilliant device to the build...and I do believe some folks even got the vamp to remain "always on?"

:)

gogo

She's buggy as hell and hard to play, but she's still worth it! I wanted mind control as a panic skill for my pure summoner (who only changes to vamp for a few seconds to raise the fallen), so I had an option when a nasty somehow gets through my army and attacks my poor mistress (who's completely defenseless and has no leech).  So far, I haven't been able to get the results I wanted  to, trash mobs are ok, champs and bosses resist it almost every time. But I'm still at early levels, (fiftyish) maybe it will change. So far I don't think it's reliable enough for a panic skill, it's better to get some sort of leech even as a summoner and have lots of vitality...

Edited by Sethi22
  • Appreciation 1

(Bats: Blood swarm is one option for leech, as the bats do leech for her, but summoning them together with awaken dead means you have to have a much shorter reg time, and invest heavily in vampirism. A further pain in the arse is that once your army is big enough, you can't even see the bats among all the zombies, so you have no clue about how many of them are still alive. So all in all, my best advice for a pure summoner would be to have LOTS of running speed and forget about using a horse! When you're on foot, you can waltz through your zombies and lead the baddies to them, but on horse, you get stuck in the middle of the army.)

Edited by Sethi22