Stargate (3D Model)

SheHawk

Hi there my fellow members. I just wanted to share with you all here another one of my models and I do hope that you all like it. I did this about last year ago. I love the Stargate TV Series. Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe. Anyway, my model is based on the Stargate SG1 TV series stargate. To fully appreciate it more in detail, please visit: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/5c2784a7-f7bb-4e35-a4e4-12858b236e71/Stargate

512910187_Stargate(Front).thumb.jpg.d19579225272165d9fc7e1dd86e2cf7f.jpg

Stargate (Front View)

468337181_Stargate(Back).thumb.jpg.e04b0b8efb981a47f3a2ee4f36cd51b2.jpg

Stargate (Back View)

I got creative with the texture of the stargate and I hope that you like it. I know that it is not close to the TV Series one. But I had to make a compromise as I could not find the exact texture for my model.

Edited by SheHawk
  • Respect! 1
8 hours ago, SheHawk said:

Hi there my fellow members. I just wanted to share with yuo all here another one of my models and I do hope that you all like it. I did this about last year ago. I love the Stargate TV Series. Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe. Anyway, my model is based on the Stargate SG1 TV series stargate. To fully appreciate it more in detail, please visit: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/5c2784a7-f7bb-4e35-a4e4-12858b236e71/Stargate

512910187_Stargate(Front).thumb.jpg.d19579225272165d9fc7e1dd86e2cf7f.jpg

Stargate (Front View)

468337181_Stargate(Back).thumb.jpg.e04b0b8efb981a47f3a2ee4f36cd51b2.jpg

Stargate (Back View)

I got creative with the texture of the stargate and I hope that you like it. I know that it is not close to the TV Series one. But I had to make a compromise as I could not find the exact texture for my model.

Great journey you're on.

I remember stargate when it first came out, in fact I remember perhaps even going to see the movie? :eek:  :lol:  Loved how they envisioned the gate being so liquidy and always loved those symbols around the portal.  nice work with your capture here

:)

gogo

• Appreciation 1
15 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Great journey you're on.

I remember stargate when it first came out, in fact I remember perhaps even going to see the movie? :eek:  :lol:  Loved how they envisioned the gate being so liquidy and always loved those symbols around the portal.  nice work with your capture here

:)

gogo

Thank you Gogo, I really appreciated that. The hardest part was chosing a suitable texture. Obviously I could not pick anything in black as the symbols then on the gate itself would not be visible. I chose a Sci Fi metalic texture, I was worried that I had chosen the wrong one. I know that in the Movike and series the gates are made out of a mineral. But I was not at all entirely sure if using a mineral texture would have worked on my model.

Edited by SheHawk