Sacred 2 Open Net Issue Resolution

Hi everyone,

returning to the game after a longer hiatus I encountered an issue logging on to the open net multiplayer feature recreated by xrystal. I didn't want to post this into the discussion and development thread since I didn't want to clutter the collaboration going on there with this kind of issue. If it belongs there, however, kindly move this post over. :wink:

Now to the issue at hand, I am unable to connect to open net getting the error "The given parameters are invalid (1)".  (Lobby US.Sacred2.Net Port: 6900)

Thinking I may have forgotten my original password I tried to create a new account with random cd key, email and password but got the same error. I'm not sure if this is related to me using the D2F mod currently but based on the v15 post I read D2F multiplayer on the open net should work.

What can I try to resolve this? :dntknw:

• Like! 1
On 11/1/2022 at 1:44 AM, ameaeth said:

Hi everyone,

returning to the game after a longer hiatus I encountered an issue logging on to the open net multiplayer feature recreated by xrystal. I didn't want to post this into the discussion and development thread since I didn't want to clutter the collaboration going on there with this kind of issue. If it belongs there, however, kindly move this post over. :wink:

Now to the issue at hand, I am unable to connect to open net getting the error "The given parameters are invalid (1)".  (Lobby US.Sacred2.Net Port: 6900)

Thinking I may have forgotten my original password I tried to create a new account with random cd key, email and password but got the same error. I'm not sure if this is related to me using the D2F mod currently but based on the v15 post I read D2F multiplayer on the open net should work.

What can I try to resolve this? :dntknw:

Hi Ameath always great seeing you! And how has this gone?

And always lovely to see youre still enjoy Ancaria :dance2:

I'm not sure how to aid with you on this issue, however perhaps my bumping this up with our round of drinks at the pub with you and me will perchance net someone's eyes who can help us.

Single malt or mixed then while we wait?

:drunkards:

gogo

• Thanks! 1

Hi Ameath always great seeing you! And how has this gone?

And always lovely to see youre still enjoy Ancaria

Thanks Gogo, it's always nice to come back to one's roots hehe and have a drink together. :drunkards:
I didn't figure out the root cause of the issue, however, after de-installing and re-installing the D2F v15 connecting to open-net now works with my old credentials. The thing is though, I don't see any D2F servers.

Edited by ameaeth