I love the work! What else but a distinct collection of books can instantly draw in the eye when walking into a new room or visiting some new place.  The coverings, number of books, and detail are all remarkable.  This reminds me of an old school offer in print magazines where you could order the "worlds best 100 books" ...or something like that ..could it have been readers digest? All the book were classics, and supposed printed on something called acid-free "milled" paper... ( ah, see how the memory is pulling all that out :bounce: " ... 

Its my favorite model you've made, what an indulgence thank you for the gift

:gogo:

gogo

• Appreciation 1
On 11/7/2022 at 3:27 AM, gogoblender said:

I love the work! What else but a distinct collection of books can instantly draw in the eye when walking into a new room or visiting some new place.  The coverings, number of books, and detail are all remarkable.  This reminds me of an old school offer in print magazines where you could order the "worlds best 100 books" ...or something like that ..could it have been readers digest? All the book were classics, and supposed printed on something called acid-free "milled" paper... ( ah, see how the memory is pulling all that out :bounce: " ... 

Its my favorite model you've made, what an indulgence thank you for the gift

:gogo:

gogo

Wow! What a compliment, why thank you Gogo, you made me blush. *Smiles* Thank you for saying that the number of books and detail to be remarkable, that means a lot to me. You Could be right, I know of Readers Digest, just about, but I forget now what it was all about other than being a Prize Draw thing and a magazine, but I think it did cover doing books, as best as I can recall. Funny things are memories. I am glad that you like my model so much, its one of my most detailed models to date with each and every single book being in 3D, now you know how and why it took me a whole week to finish it, but that does not also include weeks and a few months trying to get the 3D books aspect of the model to work properly. I managed in the end of course on my 8th attempt of trying to do the whole book case. So it was by no means an easy feat to pull off, truly so. And that's not ego, I can assure you.

*Hugs* SheHawk

PS. The detail of the book spines, I can't and wont take credit for, all credit there goes to Bing Image Search, where I found the images for the book spines, I wanted as many different book spines as possible, all different sizes too. Though I did make sure to pick what I felt were the best set of book spine images from what was on offer at the image search website, some of which did not work, so I had to replace those ones that did work. Suffice as to say, the process of making sure that all of the book spines in the images are actually straight, which was vital to the whole creation apsect of making each and every book spine into a 3D book.

Edited by SheHawk
  • Appreciation 1
6 hours ago, SheHawk said:

Wow! What a compliment, why thank you Gogo, you made me blush. *Smiles* Thank you for saying that the number of books and detail to be remarkable, that means a lot to me. You Could be right, I know of Readers Digest, just about, but I forget now what it was all about other than being a Prize Draw thing and a magazine, but I think it did cover doing books, as best as I can recall. Funny things are memories. I am glad that you like my model so much, its one of my most detailed models to date with each and every single book being in 3D, now you know how and why it took me a whole week to finish it, but that does not also include weeks and a few months trying to get the 3D books aspect of the model to work properly. I managed in the end of course on my 8th attempt of trying to do the whole book case. So it was by no means an easy feat to pull off, truly so. And that's not ego, I can assure you.

*Hugs* SheHawk

PS. The detail of the book spines, I can't and wont take credit for, all credit there goes to Bing Image Search, where I found the images for the book spines, I wanted as many different book spines as possible, all different sizes too. Though I did make sure to pick what I felt were the best set of book spine images from what was on offer at the image search website, some of which did not work, so I had to replace those ones that did work. Suffice to say the process of making sure that al of the book spines in the images are actually straight, which was vital to the whole creation apsect of making each and every book spine into a 3D book.

I find im taken by your image of the book case because i was such a HUGE and voracious reader as a kid.  What an affordable way to ride the space lanes, fight swashbuckling pirates and meet people from all over history.  My collection of books ballooned...and i committed a criminal act by jettissoning the majority of them away when doing a house "refresh" years ago...alas... 

And now, for example, when I see friends' book cases crammed NOT just with books...but their experiences, memories and famous "met" personages.. it evokes such nostalgia... 

See what your glorious 3d project has released for me... a wonderful consideration of memories and indulgence

:)

gogo

295514309_10160928989018690_6379660113194415489_n.jpg

• Respect! 1
On 11/7/2022 at 4:37 PM, gogoblender said:

I find im taken by your image of the book case because I was such a HUGE and voracious reader as a kid.  What an affordable way to ride the space lanes, fight swashbuckling pirates and meet people from all over history.  My collection of books ballooned...and I committed a criminal act by jettissoning the majority of them away when doing a house "refresh" years ago...alas... 

And now, for example, when I see friends' book cases crammed NOT just with books...but their experiences, memories and famous "met" personages.. it evokes such nostalgia... 

See what your glorious 3d project has released for me... a wonderful consideration of memories and indulgence

:)

gogo

295514309_10160928989018690_6379660113194415489_n.jpg

What a lovely book case Gogo and I am so very happy that I could help bring back happy memories for you. I love the cuddly toys on top of the book case. Please may I ask who they belong to? I'm curious, I have a small collection of cuddly toys too, they help with my mental illness.

Edited by SheHawk
  • Like! 1
On 11/9/2022 at 12:56 PM, SheHawk said:

What a lovely book case Gogho and I am so very happy that I could help bring back happy memories for you. I love the cuddly toys ontop of the book case. Please may I ask who they belong to? I'm curious, I ahve a small collection of cuddly toys too, they help with my mental illness.

Shes actually an old friend i met from her husband at work a few years go. Both of them are voracious readers and the have two rooms packed-full  of book :drool: 

The owner of that shelf is a young lady , teresa. She also has hundreds of lp's...and once a week she "facebook dj's  two or three albums with a cool phono while talking about what each record meant to her, the quality of the singing and her night at the band performance is she was lucky enough to have made it 

313257973_10161146892283690_2799360540176940276_n.jpg

• Appreciation 1
On 11/11/2022 at 7:15 AM, gogoblender said:

Shes actually an old friend I met from her husband at work a few years go. Both of them are voracious readers and the have two rooms packed-full  of book :drool: 

The owner of that shelf is a young lady , teresa. She also has hundreds of lp's...and once a week she "facebook dj's  two or three albums with a cool phono while talking about what each record meant to her, the quality of the singing and her night at the band performance is she was lucky enough to have made it 

313257973_10161146892283690_2799360540176940276_n.jpg

Wow! Thank you so much Gogo for sharing that with me. You are so totally Awesome and I sincerely mean that.

Edited by SheHawk
  • Appreciation 1