Damage converters in TG batteries.

Just did some tests regarding the info about batteries on the wiki:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Temple_Guardian_Battery

Specifically about damage converters in batteries and how they also convert the damage of all Combat Arts. And while yes, they visually do:

poison.jpg.6a7034369b5ce9e84636c875537116a7.jpg

It is only that, just a visual bug. In practice, all the Combat Arts still do their original damage types. CAs that showed fire damage before still set enemies on fire. Stuff that was showing magic damage before is still weakening enemies and not poisoning them. The damage also does not get reduced by enemy poison armor and such. A skeleton with about 500 poison armor still takes full damage from Jolting Touch showing pure poison.

damage.thumb.jpg.590a7b6343b1da8ade7ded56fd4aa50e.jpg

legio.jpg.f71a58eb64a5cf81f02fc3783328cb2d.jpg

So I'm probably going to add a disclaimer to the wiki page that it's just a visual bug. Luckily, TGs can't wear gloves, so don't have to test conversion on that :D 

But would have been cool to be able to have an Ice damage Furious Emblazer :P Reminds me of damage conversion in Grim Dawn. There, many skills even change color depending on their damage composition. Just imagine a pure green jet of flame :4rofl:Ahhh, what could have been.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1

Does it not say that in the wiki already or did you add that?

"Damage Converters (Chunk of Lava, Magic Pearl, etc.) socketed into the battery will convert the damage of ALL weapons and combat arts. An example of this is shown below:

NOTE!!!! This is only a visual bug in the tooltip. All the spells still deal their original damage types and damage converters in battery do not change their damage composition in any way, only of the main battery projectile." - http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Temple_Guardian_Battery-19.12.2022 23:07

• Like! 1
9 minutes ago, ErTasiTroll said:

Yes, I added it. Originally, there was no note and it said:
"This can be a powerful tool for customizing damage output in a way that no other character can.  However, the player should take care that they're not unintentionally changing the expected damage types on their combat arts.  '''The player should only socket damage converters into Batteries if they want to convert the damage of every attack and spell!'''"

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Like! 1
10 minutes ago, ErTasiTroll said:

"Damage Converters (Chunk of Lava, Magic Pearl, etc.) socketed into the battery will convert the damage of ALL weapons and combat arts. An example of this is shown below:

NOTE!!!! This is only a visual bug in the tooltip. All the spells still deal their original damage types and damage converters in battery do not change their damage composition in any way, only of the main battery projectile." - http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Temple_Guardian_Battery-19.12.2022 23:07

Aaaaaaannnnd... a hello and wecome to the forums Ertasi!

and.. a very merry happy Christmas... feel free to join us in the forum lounge for cocktails if you wish to say hi 

:drunkards:

gogo

16 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

Yes, I added it. Originally, there was no note and it said:
"This can be a powerful tool for customizing damage output in a way that no other character can.  However, the player should take care that they're not unintentionally changing the expected damage types on their combat arts.  '''The player should only socket damage converters into Batteries if they want to convert the damage of every attack and spell!'''"

Thanks for the notes,  I was just able to log in now and see the addition, its clear and useful. The battery was always a very mysterious part of the Temple Guardian's composition, I think I remember even attempting to put a guide together waaaaaaaaaaaay back when with some very rudimentary observations, nothing like yours

:lol: 

gogo

Nice observation! Thing is, battery projectile is actually a spell, thus the damage conversion doesn't work. You can even make it so that it allows the player to modify it just like any other spell.

• Like! 1