Sacred 2 - Borderless windowed?

Hello people,

Been playing Sacred 1 & 2 since I was a teenager and now I'm an old man and still playing. At the beginning fullscreen was fine, but with the release of newer and newer hardware and Operating systems the game is more and more unstable.

I pretty much abandonned Fullscreen, since more often than not the game would act up, if not outright crash, and I do like reading my forums.

Tried Windowed, it's fine... until I click outside of the frame by mistake (happens regularly)). Then the game goes in background and my windows taskbar hides the UI.

If anyone managed to run the game borderless I need your assistance. I tried 3rd party software, like I usually do in these situations. Visually it works fine, but the UI is misaligned, basically the item is considered a few pixel higher than my cursor, even though visually I'm pointing right at it.

Cheers !

• The title was changed to Sacred 2 - Borderless windowed?
On 1/8/2023 at 10:31 PM, Katak said:

Hello people,

Been playing Sacred 1 & 2 since I was a teenager and now I'm an old man and still playing. At the beginning fullscreen was fine, but with the release of newer and newer hardware and Operating systems the game is more and more unstable.

I pretty much abandonned Fullscreen, since more often than not the game would act up, if not outright crash, and I do like reading my forums.

Tried Windowed, it's fine... until I click outside of the frame by mistake (happens regularly)). Then the game goes in background and my windows taskbar hides the UI.

If anyone managed to run the game borderless I need your assistance. I tried 3rd party software, like I usually do in these situations. Visually it works fine, but the UI is misaligned, basically the item is considered a few pixel higher than my cursor, even though visually I'm pointing right at it.

Cheers !

Yeah, fullscreen at this point is basically not viable on newer systems. Especially loadings take forever due to the screen freezing for much longer than it should because the transition fade effects do not work in fullscreen.

As for the borderless window, nothing can be done about that. The game is old enough so that it does not support dynamic window resizing, leading to the click position offset. The game still behaves as if the top title bar for the game window was there even if you force it to borderless fullscreen. A common thing in older games before dynamic window resizing was a thing (which is what allowed proper borderless fullscreen in the first place). 3rd party software will not magically add support for this into games that do not have it.

You pretty much have to accept the oldschool windowed mode or live with the offset. No alternatives really.

One tip for windowed mode - make the windows taskbar auto-hide when the mouse is not on it. Taskbar Settings - Automatically hide the taskbar when in desktop mode. Helps when you do accidentally click outside the game window so that you don't have to restart the game. It will still show up if you move the mouse to the very bottom of the screen, but the game is at least playable, as the taskbar will hide again the moment you leave the area with the mouse.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Thanks! 1